Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it took so long for me to update you guys...this internet connection at my house is gettin' on my EVER-LASTING NERVES! lol. anyways, this is the second to the last chapter. i'm working on the last chapter as we speak and should have it up by the end of the week. i'm thinkin' about just working on 'Shadow' once i finish this, but i got this idea for this new story...i dunno...i may do both! anyways!!! enjoy!! and remember, reviews are ALWAYS appreciated!! :)

Chapter 14

She was destined to be alone for the rest of her life. That was the only explanation she could come up with. That had to be the reason why she couldn’t keep a guy. It wasn’t them, it was her. And now she was in her hotel room performing her ritual after break-ups…well her non-alcoholic ritual. There was a half empty half gallon of 2% milk sitting on her bedside table next to a half eaten chocolate pecan pie. She couldn’t face anyone after what had happened with Justin and had been spending the past 3 nights in her hotel suite pigging out on pies and cakes after the concerts. She was so close to just packing up and going back home, but didn’t want to admit defeat. She was sent there to do a job, and wanted so badly to do it, but too much was going on with her emotionally…

Cause if your love was all I had

In this life

Then that would be enough

Until the end of time

Kamylle reached over and hit ‘Ignore’ on her phone. This was the tenth time Justin’s called her since they got back to the hotel two hours ago…and this was only the beginning. Last night he’d called 45 times in a span of 3 hours before she’d finally turned off her phone. Kamylle sighed heavily and threw herself back on the bed. Why did stuff like this always happen to her? Her relationships always ended like this, where the guy cheated on her; never them “growing apart” or just feeling the need to “move on”…and it sucked. Everytime it happened her ego took a bruise, and her self image was knocked back down. Yeah, sure she could put up a front in front of people to make it seem like nothing was wrong, but inside she felt awful. Kamylle sat back up and grabbed the butter knife to cut another piece of her pie when she heard a knock at her door. She hesitated before getting up and walking to the door. She rolled her eyes and sighed when she looked through the peephole and saw who it was.

“What do you want?” she said in a monotone voice after throwing the door open.

“Whoa! What’s with the attitude? And why is there a knife in your hand?”

“I’m eating pie, midget. Now what do you want?” she asked once again, this time placing her free hand on her hip.

“I just wanted to see what you were doing. You keep ignoring my phone calls.”

“No, I keep ignoring that asshole’s calls.”

“I have his Sidekick. He gave it to me after what happened with…” Trace didn’t finish his statement.

“Ok,” Kamylle replied in an annoyed tone.

“It wasn’t his fault, Kammy. He didn’t know that it was Cameron.”

“How the fuck did he not know!?!” she exclaimed before turning around and storming back towards the bedroom area. Trace followed her, closing the door behind him.

“He thought it was you! He thought you’d changed your mind about going to dinner with Drake and were gonna stay there with him. He was fuckin’ blindfolded for Pete’s sake.”

“So if he didn’t set it up, who the hell did? How did that…female,” she said the last word through gritted teeth, “figure out where he was, what room and how the hell did she get in the room without his help?”

“I don’t know. You’re asking the wrong person. But I believe Justin on this one. I mean, I know he’s fucked up before, but he’s never been able to lie to me. If he tells me that he didn’t know that it was Cam, then I’m gonna believe him.”

“Well that doesn’t change anything.”

“Are you sure?” Trace asked, sitting down on the bed in front of her.

“Yeah, I’m pretty damn sure.”

“Kamylle, he’s pretty hurt too. I don’t know if you could tell or not, but he’d fallen for you…hard. And aside from popular belief, Justin’s a one-woman kind of guy. He doesn’t deal with infidelity very well. I mean, did you not hear ‘Cry me a river’ and ‘What goes around’?” Kamylle chuckled.

“He didn’t like it when he was cheated on so why would he do it to someone else, and someone that he truly cares about.”

“Well if he didn’t do it, then who did?” Trace could see her demeanor get softer.

“I don’t know, but we’re gonna figure this out. Because Cameron swears up and down that she and ‘Justin’ had been texting for about two weeks planning her trip here,” he said, making quotations in the air with his fingers.

“Two weeks?” Kamylle began, “Wait, didn’t he lose his phone two weeks ago?”

“Yeah! I didn’t even think about that. But who would do something like that him? Who would want to set him up like…”

Trace got off of her bed and stormed out the hotel room. He was halfway down the hall before Kamylle could catch him. He reached Drake’s rooms within seconds and pounded on the door until Drake came and opened it with a scrowlish grin.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” Trace exclaimed as he slammed the taller man back into the room.

“Don’t fuckin’ put your hands on me!” Drake replied shoving him back.

“I should be doing more than that for what you did!”

“What the hell did I do?”

“You know exactly what you did. But what I wanna know is how you did it.” Drake grinned again before answering.

“If I knew what you were talking about I’d be happy to tell you how I did it.” Trace couldn’t take his bullshit anymore and shoved Drake against the nearest wall.

“You have one more time to push me, midget. I don’t know who lets you get away with that shit, but I’m not.”

“I could say the same to you! I know you were the one who set up Justin. You were the one who’s been in contact with Cameron, weren’t you?”

“I can’t say that I was the one doing it, but whoever was I applaud them. He didn’t deserve her.”

“No, you didn’t deserve her…you still don’t deserve her, you piece of shit!”

“Kamylle obviously didn’t think I was, and even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you how I did it.”

“I bet you’d tell me, you asshole.” Both men turned around when they heard a female voice enter the argument.

“You did it didn’t you?” Cameron asked, walking straight up to Drake and placing her index finger in the center of his chest. He quickly brushed her digit off of him and retorted, “So what if I did, it made your damn day didn’t it?” Cameron was seething and Trace could tell. He knew her temper from when she and Justin were dating and decided to let Drake find out the hard way what happens when you cross her.

“YOU FUCKIN’ PRICK!” she screamed, “I should’ve known it wasn’t Justin from the get-go. You always texted me, never called and you always brushed off the topic of Kamylle. I should’ve known something was up! You’re an asshole and not only did you hurt me, but you hurt Kamylle too. Once she finds out what you did…” Cameron stopped speaking when she saw Drake ball his hands into fists.

“She’s not gonna find out,” he said through clenched teeth, “Justin didn’t deserve her and now that she thinks that he was cheating on her with you she’ll come running back to me with open arms.”

“She won’t after I get finished talking to her.”

“You’re not gonna tell her a damn thing,” Drake replied angrily.

“Like hell I won’t,” Cameron turned around and began walking towards the door when she felt Drake grab her wrist and throw her on the bed.

“I said you’re not telling her a damn thing!” Drake barely finished his statement before he felt Trace’s right fist connect with his jaw.

“Don’t you ever put your hands on a woman!” he exclaimed. Drake rubbed his chin before grinning the man.

“So you think you’re tough, little man?” Those seven words started an all out fight between the two of them. Drake may have had an advantage in the situation, but Trace was holding his own. Before long they had attracted quite an audience and were being pulled away from each other.

“Let me finish!” Trace yelled, straining against the bodyguard that was holding him back.

“Yeah, let that bitch finish!” Drake replied, also struggling against the bodyguard that was holding him. Kamylle walked up to him and slapped him…hard.

“Don’t you ever; and I mean ever call him that. He’s more of a man than you will ever be,” she said coldly. Drake just rolled his eyes.

“And I can’t believe I ever trusted you…you spit that really good game and had me fall for your lies. But underneath it all, you’re scum. You’re lower than the dirt beneath my shoes. And I want nothing to do with you.”

“But I did it for us, baby.”

“First of all, don’t call me ‘baby’. EVER! And second of all, there is no ‘us’. You made that clear the night you basically fucked Denosh on the dancefloor at that club. You told me yourself that we weren’t together then and we damn sure aren’t together now. I don’t even want to work for you anymore; I quit.” Drake smacked his teeth. He couldn’t believe that she was in here embarrassing him like this in front of everyone.

“Good, I was about to fire you anyway. I don’t know what I saw in yo’ slutty behind anyway,” he said in a cocky tone. Kamylle lunged at him, but Justin beat her to the punch…literally. He landed one across Drake’s left cheek and said, “Don’t you ever talk to her like that!”

“Cameron, Kamylle, get outta here; go to my room,” Justin said before the two women left the room. Justin turned around and focused his attention on Trace and Tiny, who was holding him back.

“Tiny, let Trace go and both of ya’ll go check on the ladies and Wes,” he said, acknowledging the bodyguard who was holding Drake, “you can let go of him…and you can go get the car ready…he’s going back to LA.”

“You can’t kick me off this tour!” Drake exclaimed.

“I can’t? Oh really now? Last time I checked it’s my tour and I was the one who invited you on it because I thought it would help your career, and this is how you repay me? By being an arrogant asshole who tries to break up what I have with my girl?”

“Tries? I broke ya’ll up.”

“No, I used the right words. Kamylle knows what happened…and I know she’s smart enough to make the right decision here,” Justin replied in a matter-of-factly tone, “Now I’ve already called Johnny and you’re on the 8 PM flight out of here. Go, before you start anything else.”

“You know what? Fuck you Justin!” Drake said before lunging at him. Justin ducked and when Drake missed Justin came back up and punched him again and pinning him against the nearest wall.

“You have one more time to try that shit again,” Justin said through clenched teeth as he held the man by his shirt collar.

“Now I’m tryin’ to be civil here, but I will kick your ass if you keep pushing me.” Justin held on for a few seconds longer to make sure that Drake got the point before releasing the man and walking towards the door.

“Have a safe trip back!” he said before closing the door behind him.

~*~

Kamylle was pacing back and forth when Justin finally entered his hotel room. She was so caught up in her own world that she didn’t hear him come in and didn’t notice him until he cleared his throat. Kamylle walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her head on his chest. Justin felt immediate moisture on his shirt.

“It’s ok, babe, don’t cry.”

“I just can’t believe he did that. How could one person want to hurt me so badly?”

“It wasn’t you he wanted to hurt, it was me. He wanted you to come running back to him.”

“Asshole,” Kamylle said softly. Justin began softly scratching her scalp to calm her down.

“Where’s Cam and Trace?”

“They went back to her room to help her pack. Both her and I are going back to the states tonight.”

“Wait, why are you leaving?” Justin asked, pulling away so he could look at her.

“I quit…and was fired. I no longer have a job and I can’t afford to just stay here.”

“Work for me. Be my personal assistant.”

“But you already have Trace.”

“But I don’t want you to go,” Justin said before leading them to the bed and sitting her down on his lap.

“Kamylle, you’re one of the best things that’s happened to me in a long time, and I don’t want to lose you over this. I am so sorry about the Cam thing, I really did think that it was you…but I should’ve known, you have way more bootylicious curves than her.” Kamylle couldn’t suppress the laugh she was holding anymore.

“I’m for real. Stay here. Finish this tour with me, I don’t know what I’d do without you in my life.” Kamylle felt her heart drop to her stomach. Maybe he did feel the same way about her…

“Do you really mean it?”

“If I didn’t I wouldn’t have said it, babe,” he said with a smile. She mirrored his expression before kissing him squarely on the lips.

“I love you,” he said between pecks.

“I love you too,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and laying the both of them back on the bed with her on top. They continued to explore each others mouths until they heard someone knock on the door. Justin groaned before getting up and answering it and seeing Cameron standing on the other side with her luggage in tow.

“I just came to say bye; Kamylle and I are flying back to LA,” she said, taking her sunglasses off of her face. He could tell that she’d been crying to. Justin could tell that she needed a hug and wrapped his arms around her. He felt her sigh against his body and he kissed the top of her head in a friendly manor.

“I’m sorry you had to go through this Cam. I’m sorry he tricked you like that.”

“It’s my fault. I was naïve to believe that you still had feelings for me. You’re in love with Kamylle, and she’s loves you too…I can see it radiating between you two.”

“But you I still care about you Cameron, and I’m always here if you need anything.” Cameron nodded before releasing her hold on him and placing her glasses back on her face.

“Well let me go find Kamylle. The jet should be ready in about 30 minutes.”

“Actually, Kamylle’s gonna stay here with me.”

“Yeah,” Kamylle said, walking up and joining the two of them at the door.

“Justin’s sort of hired me to be his personal assistant for the rest of this leg of the tour.”

“Well I’m happy for the two of you. You guys were made for each other and I wish you nothing but happiness,” Cameron said genuinely.

“Thank you,” Kamylle said before hugging the woman. Justin hugged her once more before Cameron walked off towards the elevators.

“I can’t believe Drake brought her into this…he had no right…” Kamylle said, letting her words trail.

“Let’s not talk about that jerk right now. In fact,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows, “if I remember correctly we have some unfinished business.”

“Oh do we now?” she asked, getting on the bed and crawling in a cat-like motion to the top of it.

“Yeah we do.” Within seconds Justin was at her side with his mouth on hers. She positioned herself on top his body once more and began tugging at the hem of his shirt. Justin grabbed her hands, bringing their actions to a complete standstill.

“Wait, are you sure you want to do this?” he asked. He knew that she wasn’t a virgin from previous conversations, but from those same conversations he found out that the last guy she was with only wanted her for sex and after he’d gotten what he wanted he treated her like dirt, cheated on her, and eventually broke her heart. She told Justin that she wouldn’t give her body to another man unless she felt safe and comfortable enough to give her heart to him also, so this was a big step for them.

“I haven’t been more sure about anything in a long time. I love you Justin. I didn’t think that I’d be able to say that to another man after what happened in my past, but you’ve shown me how to love again. You’ve shown me how to open my heart up to someone and let them come in.” Justin smiled and kissed her forehead sweetly.

“I love you too,” he said before kissing her lips tenderly. One kiss led to another, which led to another, which led to much more.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story