Author's Chapter Notes:
once again, sorry it took so long!!! i love the reviews!!! thanks ya'll!!! hope you enjoy this chapter!!! and as always, feedback is appreciated!!!

Chapter 3

“So Justin, you’re ok with this tour schedule? I mean, I don’t wanna put too much on your plate.”

“Naw Johnny, this is fine. I didn’t get to hit all the cities I wanted to the first time and I would rather do this than another club tour, if ya know what I mean. As long as I’m finished by thanksgiving.”

“You’ll be done way before that,” Johnny replied before going over the second leg of the ‘FutureSex/LoveShow’ details with him once again. The two men wrapped up their meeting about 20 minutes later and Justin rose out of his seat and proceeded towards the door when he turned around.

“Hey Johnny?”

“Wassup?”

“That new intern, Kamylle…”

“Yeah, what about her?”

“Who’s she working with?”

“I have her shadowing Drake.”

“Oh.” Johnny picked up on the disappointment in his voice.

“Why did you ask?” Johnny asked with a smirk.

“Just wondering. I thought you stuck her with me since Susan left and wanted to get her started right away, but since she’s working with Drake.”

“Yeah, she’s working with him,” Johnny confirmed.

“Alright. Well I’ll see ya later man,” Justin began, “I gotta get back to my place and make sure that Trace hasn’t destroyed it.” Johnny chuckled.

“Alright man; bye.” Justin left Johnny's and almost made it to the elevators when the most brilliant idea ever hit him. He bolted back to his manager’s office and burst through the door exclaiming, “What if we had Drake…”

“I’m two steps ahead of ya,” Johnny said, cutting him off.

“You’re amazing Johnny,” Justin said as he watched the other man make a note to himself about having Drake being the opening act for the second leg of ‘FutureSex/LoveShow’.

“I know, I know. Now get outta here. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Johnny replied waving Justin off.

~*~

Drake was a little ahead of schedule and was playing ‘I Never’ with Kamylle in a back room at the radio station to kill time. Trey had to catch a plane back to his hometown, Atlanta and left after lunch, so it was just the two of them…along with the rest of Drake’s managerial staff course.

“I’ve never been skinny dipping before,” he said, keeping all of his fingers up. He raised an eyebrow when he saw Kamylle drop one of hers.

“Long story, I’ll tell you later.”

“Umm hmm.”

“For real!” she reassured, “I just can’t tell you now because I wanna finish this game. Now it’s my turn. Hmm…I’ve never had a one night stand.” Drake slowly lowered one of his fingers. Kamylle gasped.

“Long story. It was a long time ago.”

“Say no more. We all have dirty little secrets,” she replied, singing the last three words. Drake chuckled.

“You know, you’re not so bad for an intern.”

“Really?” Kamylle replied, cocking an eyebrow.

“You know what I mean. You’re cool, kinda laid back, someone I can hang with. You’re not the typical intern.”

“Well thanks…I guess? You’re pretty cool yourself,” she replied laughing lightly. There was a knock on the door and a woman poked her head around.

“Drake, they need you.”

“I’m on my way, thanks,” he replied before standing up. He held his hand out to help Kamylle up and she looked up at him confused.

“Aren’t you coming?”

“Oh,” she said, accepting his hand, “I didn’t know interns could sit in on an interview.”

“Interns can’t, but friends can,” Drake replied smoothly, “Come on.”

~*~

“TRACE!”

Justin threw his keys on the side table and walked into his livingroom to find his best friend on his couch watching a movie.

“Do you really need to yell? I’m right here,” Trace replied, pausing the film.

“Sorry, I thought that you were upstairs playing Wii…or playing with your wee-wee. I’m not sure which one you like better!” Justin joked. Trace threw the remote at his best friend.

“Asshole!! Don’t compare my life yours. I get azz on a regular basis!” Trace said laughing.

“Umm hmm, whatever. So anyways, I ran into this chick today…”

“Wait,” Trace said, interrupting his friend, “I already know where this is going. You met this beautiful lady and you want me feel her out, see if she’s interested in ya? I know the routine, J.”

“Nope, that’s not what I want you to do. I want you to tour with me on my second leg of ‘FutureSex/LoveShow’.”

“Wait! Whoa! Number one: there’s a second leg of your tour? And number two: why do you want me to tag along? What about William Rast?”

“Ok, technically that’s three questions, but I’m gonna let you slide this one time,” Justin said with a smile, “Yes, Johnny and I decided to go ahead and do another American leg of the tour. I didn’t get to hit all the places I wanted the first time around and we’re gonna do it after the European leg. And I want you to come with me because you’ll help me not act like an azz around this girl. She’s hot Trace, and from what I heard outside of Johnny's door, she’s smart and doesn’t take bullshit from anyone.”

“So you’re spying now?” Trace asked jokingly.

“Shut up!” Justin replied, playfully, “I wasn’t spying…I just so happened to over hear their conversation.”

“Stalker!” Trace exclaimed. Justin shoved him once more.

“Shut up! So are you gonna come with or what?”

“I dunno, I’m gonna have to think this through…” Trace tapped his chin with his index finger and pretended to be thinking deeply before replying with a grin, “Hell yeah I will!”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story