Author's Chapter Notes:
hope you guys enjoy!!!!

Chapter 4

“So what are you doing tonight?” The question came out of left field for Kamylle. She and Drake had just got back to Jive from a very successful radio interview and were about to call it a day. He finished his studio time early and the interview was quicker than expected; so basically he had the night off and didn’t wanna spend it alone.

“Honestly I was gonna go back to my place and order a pizza and pig out watching CSI re-runs and maybe a random chick flick; a chill night. Why? What are you doing?”

“Nothing, absolutely nothing,” Drake replied, “I was wondering if you wanted to go grab dinner, but if you already have plans…”

“No! We can do dinner; that would be great,” she replied, “What did you have in mind? Please not Roscoe’s again. I’ve had my share of chicken and waffles for the week.” Drake laughed at her last statement.

“No, I was thinking about Chipotle. They don’t have those in TO and I’ve sorta become addicted to their burritos,” he replied with a slight chuckle.

“I love Chipotle. Their burritos are huge and it’s cheap; but what’s TO? I thought you were from Toronto?”

“I am; that’s what we call it. Like the way you say ‘H-town’ for Houston, or ‘LA’ for Los Angeles.”

“Oh! Gotcha! TO…I like the sound of that.” Drake chuckled.

“Me too.” He looked down at her and saw the cutest smile and most beautiful eyes staring back at him. Wow. This girl was really breathtaking.

“What? Is there something in my teeth?” she asked, bringing an index finger to her mouth to check.

“No; not at all. I was just admiring how beautiful you are,” the words left his mouth before he could stop them. He really had to work on the whole ‘thinking before speaking’. Both of them started blushing.

“Thanks; you’re not too bad yourself,” she replied with a slight smile. An awkward silence fell upon the room and Kamylle looked down at her feet nervously.

“Umm…I have to go back to my place and drop some stuff off; how about I meet you there in say…an hour?”

“That’ll work. You know where it is right?”

“Yeah, the one ten minutes from here?”
”Yeah,” he replied.

“Alright, see ya there,” Kamylle said, waving as she left the building. She quickly found her 2006 navy blue Ford F-150 in the parking lot. It wasn’t hard to spot since the area was practically empty, but even when it was full her truck stood out among the luxury cars and SUVs. Kamylle was a Texas girl at heart and wasn’t afraid to show it. As soon as she turned the vehicle on Justin Timberlake’s ‘Summer Love’ blasted through the speakers. Kamylle smiled as she turned the stereo down, making a mental note to tell Priscilla who she’d met today.

~*~

Justin and Trace were in his livingroom playing golf on Wii when Justin’s phone started ringing. He checked the Caller ID before answering.

“Wassup Johnny?”

“Ok, I have good and bad news.” Justin sighed; he was going to have to sit down for this.

“Ok, I got Drake to open for you, but he’s not gonna be able to do it for the second leg of the US tour.”

“Why?” Justin asked.

“‘Degrassi’ starts filming at the end of July.”

Frickin’ TV show!

“So when can he do it?”

“He’s doing the European leg this summer.” A huge grin spread across Justin’s face. This wasn’t bad news! In fact, it was the best news he’d heard in a while.

“That’s great! So him and Kamylle are flying out with us in two weeks?”

“Yes they are, along with the rest of his crew of course.”

“Of course,” Justin agreed.

“I’m gonna call everyone tonight and let them know, and I’ll talk to you later.”

“Alright, thanks Johnny; you’re the best man.”

“I know, I know. Bye.”

“Bye,” Justin replied, hanging up his phone.

“What’s up with the stupid grin?” Trace asked his friend.

“She’s coming to Europe with me in two weeks.”

“She who?” Trace asked, confused.

“Kamylle…and Drake and his crew too. But Kamylle’s coming with me in two weeks.”

“So I guess this means I’m goin’ on this leg of the tour instead of the second US one.”

“Yeah. Damn, all this excitement made me hungry. You wanna go get something to eat?”

“Yeah, how ‘bout we go to Chipotle? We haven’t been there in a while,” Trace suggested.

“That’ll work.”

~*~

Kamylle and Drake were in a booth munching and asking each other random questions.

“So what made you decide to start rapping after becoming an actor? Especially after having a hit show like ‘Degrassi’.”

“Wow, are you sure you didn’t wanna go into journalism? I feel like you’re gonna take my answers and sell them to some magazine,” Drake replied laughing and Kamylle joined in.

“I’ve always wanted to be in the music industry; I can’t sing, but I have a knack for rhyming so rapping seemed like the best choice. I just started acting out of chance. I was approached by my agent in a mall actually.”

“Are you serious?” Kamylle asked between bites.

“Yeah, I know it sounds cliché but that’s how it happened,” Drake replied, chuckling. They shared that awkward glance every once in a while but other than that there was silence between them for a while as the two of them ate their meals…until Drake’s cell phone started ringing.

“Sorry, I have to get this; it’s Johnny.”

“No problem, go ahead,” Kamylle replied, smiling. She didn’t want to be nosey so she continued eating her food in silence.

“Alright! That’ll work. I’ll tell her; she’s here with me now. Thanks Johnny!” Drake said hanging up his phone.

“What’s going on?” Kamylle asked.

“How do you feel about the UK?” Kamylle was confused and it showed on her face.

“I’m gonna open up for Justin Timberlake on the European leg of his tour and you’re going with me!”

“What? Whoa! I thought that I’d just be traveling to New York for promotions.”

“You’ll still be traveling for promotions, just not to New York. Isn’t this great?”

“Yeah! Oh my gosh! I’ve never been there before! When do we leave?”

“In two weeks. We’ll start in Belfast on April 24 and finish off in London on July 10.”

“Wow. So we’ll be spending the entire summer overseas? Maybe I should’ve been an intern here sooner,” she said with a smile.

“How ‘bout you just stay longer?” Drake’s statement fell on deaf ears when Kamylle saw Justin and Trace enter the restaurant. Her eyes got big and Drake turned around to see what caught her attention.

“Speak of the devil…”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story