Author's Chapter Notes:
here's the next chapter!!! sorry it took me so long to update, but enjoy!!!

Chapter 6

I’ma buy you a drink!”

Kamylle was on the road blasting her music with her windows down and the breeze blowing through her hair. She was on her way to work and was seriously not liking LA traffic. That was one of the reasons, a small one, but still a reason why she decided not to take the internship in Houston. She laughed out loud and thought back to earlier that morning when she and Priscilla were eating breakfast and discussing a topic that frequently found its way into their everyday conversation…boys.

~*~Flashback~*~

“So who do you think you’ll hook up with on tour?”

“What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about,” Priscilla began, “Everyone knows that there’s always at least one tour hook-up that happens. So Drake or Justin? Or maybe even both? Maybe even both at the same time?” Kamylle rolled her eyes at her best friend before responding.

“Well I’m not sure if you’ve lost your mind or if you have the two of us confused. You’re the gorgeous on, I don’t have a chance with either of them and if I did, I wouldn’t get involved because I’m only gonna be here for a summer and I said that I was gonna keep my legs closed.” Priscilla laughed loudly at Kamylle’s statement.

“What? I’m not playing! I came to LA for a job, not for a relationship and damn sure not for a one or two night fling.”

“Ok, I can understand that part, I don’t agree with it, but I understand. But as far as the whole part about me being the pretty one…girl, don’t make me slap you!” Priscilla began, “How many times do we have to have this talk? You’re beautiful, both inside and out. And that one bad experience with that complete asshole shouldn’t change that. Any guy would be lucky to be with you.” Kamylle lowered her head and continued to eat her food.

“You can get shy all you want, but I’m serious; and you need to believe it.”

~*~End Flashback~*~

Ha! Me? Beautiful? Whatever!

Kamylle pulled into the parking lot that she’d seen quite a few times over the pass week. She pulled down her visor and checked her reflection in its mirror before cutting off her engine and stepping out the truck. She straightened the front her navy blue 3 button pleated shorts, making a mental note to stop by the mall before the day was over to see if Express had them in another color. She adjusted her shades and fluffed her ponytail a little before making her way into Jive. Kamylle greeted the receptionist by name before making her way back towards the studio area of the building to find Drake. He was scheduled to have a recording session to tweak the tracks he’d be doing for the tour. Unlike Justin, he wouldn’t have a band or background singers so whatever little effects he wanted to do he had to do them in the studio. Kamylle knocked twice softly before entering the room and quickly spotting Drake sitting behind the mixing board playing with a few knobs and adjusting the song.

“Looks like some is hard at work,” she said, taking off her shades and putting them in her navy blue Coach tote and placing it on the couch.

“Well don’t you just look like a naughty Catholic school girl?” Drake joked checking out her outfit. She gave him the look, but then thought about it and agreed. Her white polo and navy blue shorts did kinda resemble a school uniform. In fact, it probably would’ve been on aside from the short length of her shorts and the popped collar.

“So now that you’re done teasing me,” she began, playfully swatting his shoulder, “You ready to get down to business?” Drake smiled and nodded his head.

“What’s on the agenda today?” he asked, reclining in the chair. Kamylle reached and grabbed her Cingular Blackjack phone from her purse and scrolled through it until she came across his itinerary for the day.

“You know, you are the most unique PA I’ve ever met. They normally dress a bit more professionally,” Drake said playfully and Kamylle swatted him once more, “they’re not as outgoing as you are, and they damn sure don’t come with their own PDA,” he finished with a smile.

“Ok, number one: it’s a smartphone, not a PDA. I didn’t like the Blackberry enough to buy it to use personally on a regular basis so I wasn’t gonna get it for this job. And you’re right, I’m more outgoing than most but that’s just my nature. This is a summer job for me and I want to make the most of it. And as far as my wardrobe goes…you shouldn’t be lookin’ at me anyways!” she said with a smile. Drake chuckled.

“It’s hot and I’m sorry if this offends you, but honestly I don’t care and I’m gonna continue to wear what I want to.”

“Who said I was complaining?” Kamylle could hear the flirtation in his voice. She could feel the heat rushing to her cheeks.

“I forgot to mention one thing that made you different from other personal assistants,” Drake said, rising to his feet and placing an index finger under Kamylle’s chin and raising her head so she’d look him in the eye.

“You’re beautiful. Absolutely stunning,” he said plainly staring her dead in the eye. Kamylle could feel her heart racing and was pretty sure that Drake could too since they were standing so close. She closed her eyes half mast and could feel his breath against her mouth.

I hope he makes the first…

Kamylle couldn’t even finish her thought before Drake’s lips came crashing down on hers. She didn’t know how to react at first. It wasn’t like this was her first kiss or anything, but she’d never felt connected to a person like she did with him, and it seemed like this kiss brought them to a whole ‘nother playing field. He placed a hand on her lower back and tilted his head, silently asking her to let him in and she immediately complied.

Wow, this man can kiss.

Kamylle brought her hand up to the nape of his neck, deepening the kiss. Was this what she was missing while she took a sabbatical from the dating world? Damn! It was long before he had her pinned against a wall and both of them were breathing heavily. Kamylle placed her palms on his firm chest and almost lost her train of thought.

“I can’t,” she muttered, barely above a whisper.

“Huh?” he replied, just as breathy as her.

“I can’t…I shouldn’t be doing this with you,” her voice was a bit stronger this time.

“What? Why? I thought you liked me? Lord knows I like you.”

“I find you very attractive,” she began, slowly pushing him off of her, “And you have a great personality, you’re caring, and I could honestly see myself dating you.” A smile crept onto Drake’s face.

“But there’s this little rule that states that employees can’t date their employers.”

“But I’m not your employer, Johnny is. He’s the one who signs your checks.”

“Technically you are my employer, Drake. I work for you, on your team.”

“If you’re willing to let a little rule like that come between what we’re feeling then I can fire you so we can date.”

“Or I could just quit,” Kamylle began, “but then I wouldn’t be doing what I came to LA to do. No offense, but I didn’t come here this summer looking for a relationship; and this has nothing to do with you.” Kamylle could see Drake’s face become sterner.

“Oh really?” he asked sarcastically, “Next you’re gonna tell me that it’s all you.”

“Actually it is. I don’t want to jump into anything too soon anyway. How about we just take things slow and we’ll see how it goes from there?” Drake’s face softened at her offer. He could take things slow; anything to be with her.

“Alright; that’s fine with me.”

“Let’s just get to know each other before we put a title on anything alright?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“So what are we?” Drake asked, smiling.

“Drake and Kamylle…that’s it.”

“Drake and Kamylle…” he echoed, picking her up and spinning her around, “I think I like that.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story