Author's Chapter Notes:
here's the latest installment! enjoy and thanks for the feedback! it keeps me going!

Chapter 7

“Are you sure that you have everything?” Kamylle placed the last of her toiletries in her pink and black polka dot suitcase.

“I think so, and whatever else I need I can get it over there.”

“I can’t believe that you’re leaving me tomorrow,” Priscilla said, wrapping her arms around her best friend.

“I know! I’m gonna miss you!” Kamylle replied.

“I’m gonna miss you too! Did you remember to change your phone over to a world phone?”

“Umm hmm,” Kamylle replied, nodding.

“Good; because I couldn’t imagine not being able to talk to you on a daily basis. Did you pack your webcam?”

“Yes, I plan on having hot cyber sex every night,” Kamylle replied, jokingly.

“Why settle for that when you can have the real thing with Drake?” Kamylle was taken aback by her friend’s statement.

“Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. I’ve seen how the two of you have been acting lately. It’s cute.” Kamylle didn’t know what to say. It wasn’t like she could like to Priscilla, she never could and the same went vice versa.

“We’re not dating,” she stated plainly.

“Yet,” Priscilla added, “But it’s definitely gonna be happen in the near future.”

“And how do you know?”

“I just do. Now hurry up, the car is gonna be here in a little bit to pick you up.” Kamylle double, triple, and quadruple checked her belongings to make sure she had everything. She made sure that she put her mp3 player, a couple of James Patterson books, and her laptop in her carry-on bag and lined her luggage up by the door. She couldn’t believe it, she’d actually be leaving in a little bit to go to Europe for the summer. She’d already called and told her family and other friends and important people in her life and they were excited for her; excited about this opportunity that was being offered to her. Kamylle looked up and saw the smile and tears on Priscilla’s face and enveloped her in another hug.

“Don’t cry, I’m not gone yet,” she said reassuringly.

“But you’re about to leave.” Both women looked up and saw Drake standing in the doorway that they’d left open.

“Don’t worry P,” Drake said, using his nickname for Priscilla, “we’ll be back before you know it.”

“Who said I was gonna miss you?” Priscilla replied playfully, wiping her tear stained face. The two of them had grown to be friends over the past couple of weeks

“You know you will,” he said, giving her one of his bear hugs. When they separated he looked around the living room and noticed Kamylle’s many suitcases.

“What did you do? Pack your whole wardrobe?” he asked jokingly.

“Shut up!” she replied, playfully shoving him. Drake smiled and hugged her and kissed the top of her head.

“You ready to go?”

“As I’ll ever be,” Kamylle responded, looking up at him with a smile on her face.

“Alright, I’ll grab the big bags.” He released her from his arms and began grabbing her larger luggage. Priscilla waited until Drake was out of the apartment and out of earshot before she said, “Look at ya’ll, all boo-d up!”

“He is not my boo!” Kamylle exclaimed.

“Not officially, but it’s getting there, huh?” Kamylle was about to answer, but stopped. She couldn’t lie to herself, let alone her best friend. She just smiled coyly and told Priscilla to help her bring some of her luggage to the car.

“I’m expecting a phone call or text everyday,” Priscilla said, leaning in a window.

“Yes ma’am,” Kamylle replied with a smile.

“I’m gonna miss you girl. I love you.”

“I love you too, and you know I love you too!” The two women hugged through the open window before the car took off for the airport.

~*~

Justin unbuckled his seatbelt and reclined his seat. They had a 10 and a half hour non-stop flight and this was only the beginning of it. He pulled out his iPod and put it on shuffle, expecting to go to sleep until he looked over at Kamylle and Drake. They’d been looking awful chummy lately and now she had her legs across his lap with her earphones on and was reading a paperback while he had a notepad on her legs writing, probably rhymes, Justin assumed. Jive looked down on relationships between employers and employees since they were sued after a woman claimed that she was seduced then raped by her boss; but people didn’t care, and it seemed like Drake and Kamylle didn’t either. He had heard them say anything about it though. Maybe they were just close friends. That often happened with personal assistants and the people they worked for. A bond is often formed and friendships grow from that. He’d hired his best friend and cousin as his personal assistants so the bond and friendship was already there. That’s all it was between Drake and Kamylle, right? They couldn’t be more than that…naw, they couldn’t be.

~*~

Kamylle looked up from the latest James Patterson paperback and saw Drake bobbing his head to this music playing on his iPod and silently mouthing words while feverishly writing lyrics down on the notepad that was on her legs. A smile spread across her face and she was content and truly happy for the first time in a long time. She had an amazing job, a summer touring Europe to look forward to, and a great guy. She and Drake were comfortable with how their relationship was. They were basically ‘friends with benefits’, the benefits never going past making out though. They’d gone on their little dates and spent many nights curled up on a couch pigging out on junk food and watching movies or whatever else was on TV; just enjoying each others company. She didn’t realize that she was still staring at him until Drake nudged her.

“Hey you,” he said barely above a whisper.

“Hey yourself,” she said, still smiling.

“Are you comfortable? Because my legs are goin’ numb.” Kamylle scoffed and playfully swatted him before straightening her body to move her legs; Drake grabbed them before she could.

“I’m kidding. I’m actually quite comfortable and content sitting here with you like this,” he said with a smile on his face. Kamylle could feel herself blushing and quickly picked up her paperback to continue reading.

This is gonna be a long flight.

~*~

Ten and a half hours later their plane touched down in Belfast and Kamylle couldn’t be more happy to see the ground. It was 2 AM and her body wasn’t adjusted to the time change, but her phone surely was. They had another twelve hours before they had to be at the stadium and she planned going to the hotel and resting for those entire twelve hours. It didn’t take long before they had their luggage and were on their way to the hotel. Room keys were handed out and everyone dragged themselves up to their rooms. Kamylle was pulling on a big t-shirt when she heard a knock at her door. She smiled, already knowing who it was and slowly made her way to the door. A smile crept on her face when she saw Drake when she opened the door. Unlike her he was dressed comfortably on the flight, wearing a t-shirt and some sweat pants and didn’t have to change before going to bed.

“I’m bored and wide awake,” he said before giving her a quick peck on the lips before walking past her and into her room.

“Well I’m tired and about to crash…jet lag sucks,” she yawned, stretching her arms in the air. It was then that Drake noticed her attire. He smirked before asking, “Do you want company?” Kamylle cocked an eyebrow before turning away from him and walking towards the bed.

“Yes, but no funny business mister,” she said, climbing under the covers, “I’m tired and we have to be at that stadium in twelve hours…ten of those I plan on occupying with sleep.”

“Yes ma’am,” Drake said, getting in the bed with her. He wrapped an arm around her middle and Kamylle snuggled her body into his.

I can get used to this.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story