Author's Chapter Notes:
whoa! two chapters in one night! i'm on a roll! lol. enjoy the latest installment ya'll! and thanks for the feedback! keep it coming!

Chapter 8

Kamylle woke up to an incessant ringing in her ear. She glanced at the clock on the bedside table and saw the numbers 11:15. She hit the top of the clock thinking that it was the alarm, before she realized that it was the hotel phone ringing. She picked up the receiver and brought it to her face before groggily saying, “Hello.”

“I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

“Sorta, but it’s ok. Who is this?” she asked, pushing Drake off of her so she could get into a more comfortable position.

“It’s Justin; I was just calling to see if you wanted to eat brunch, a few of us are gonna go at like noon.”

“Oh. Sure. Let me get up and put on some clothes and I’ll be down.”

“Alright, we’ll be down in the…” Justin stopped mid-sentence when he heard Kamylle tell Drake to scoot over. Wait, this meant that they were in the same room…probably in the same bed if he woke her up…not good!

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to cut you off Justin. Drake’s over here being a cover hog!” she said loudly to get her point across. Drake just smiled and wrapped his arm around her stomach and kissed her shoulder.

“All I said was that we’ll be down in the lobby at noon. And after brunch we’d be heading to the arena.”

“Alrighty, I’ll see ya then.”

“Ok, bye.”

“Bye,” Kamylle replied before hanging up the phone. Drake kissed her shoulder once more and she smiled at him.

“Good morning star shine,” he said his husky morning voice. Kamylle’s smile grew wider.

Hot damn! I could REALLY get used to waking up this!

“Good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?”

“Quite well with you snuggled up against me…a man could get used to that.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really,” he replied, before rolling the both of them over so that his body was on top of hers. He chocolate brown eyes stared deep into her light brown ones and lowered his head to capture her lips with his. Kamylle was in heaven. She loved it when he kissed her. It was like the world melted around her and nothing existed except those marvelous lips of his…and of course the rest of his delectable body. She was on cloud 9 and didn’t mind staying there for a while until she heard her cell phone.

Toot that thang up mami make it roll

She stopped mid-kiss and grabbed her Blackjack off the nightstand.

“Hey Johnny,” she answered, almost breathlessly. Drake cocked an eyebrow. Why did she have ‘Pop, Lock, and Drop it’ for Johnny?

“No, I was awake….yeah, Justin called me and told me…yes, I’ll tell him…alright, see ya there,” she said before hanging up the call.

“Why do you have that ringtone for Johnny?”

“Long story,” she replied with a chuckle, “Its sort of an inside joke between us anyway.”

“Ooookkk,” Drake replied, “So what did he say?”

“Same thing Justin said, brunch at noon.”

“Noon?” he asked before looking at the clock, “It’s 11:30 now.”

“Which is why you should get up and go to your room and get ready so I can do the same.”

“What? Come to my room and get ready?” he asked, jokingly.

“Ha-ha, smartazz,” she replied, hitting him with a pillow. She got out of bed and walked over to her suitcases and was bent over and in the process of looking for something to wear when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

“Do we have to go? You know you wanna stay here and in bed with me all day,” Drake said, burying his face in the crook between her neck and shoulder.

“As tempting as that sounds, you have a show to do tonight and if I don’t have you at that stadium by two, I’ll lose my job,” she replied with a smile. She turned around in his arms and kissed his lips sweetly.

“Now go…and hurry up. I’ll meet you down by the elevators in 20 minutes.” Drake nodded and kissed her once more before leaving the room. Kamylle couldn’t but smile to herself as she made her way to the restroom to shower and get ready for brunch.

~*~

Well I'mma freak you right, each and every night I know how to do it insane. See I can make it hot, make it stop…” Kamylle watched as Justin rehearsed the song with his dancers and should’ve been appalled by the position he was in, but wasn’t because she’d seen it all before in various Youtube videos and in person at the Dallas, TX concert where she had VIP seats…well a VIP spot. The man could dance; she’d give him that, and sing too. Screw that, he could sang! He had her in tears during his performance of ‘Another Song’ and she was trying to figure out how she was going to be able to make it through this summer. She was pulled away from her thoughts when she felt someone walk up next to her.

“I could do that shit just as good, if not better than him!” Kamylle laughed at Trace’s outburst. She’d gotten to know him over the past week and a half and grew attached to him.

“You could?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Ok, maybe not better than him, but I could do that shit!” This statement made her go into another fit of laughter.

“What are you doing out here anyway? Aren’t you supposed to be with Loverboy back at the hotel?” Trace teased.

“Ok, number one: Drake is not my ‘loverboy’. And number two: I don’t have to follow him around everywhere, and I decided to stay here and check out Justin’s soundcheck. Haven’t been to one of his since *NSYNC.” The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them. Trace titled his head and gave her a look.

“You were an *NSYNC fan?”

“No…I just went to a few of the concerts…and bought a few CDs…”

“Liar! You were a fan!”

“Shut up!” Kamylle said, not wanting to draw attention to them, “This stays between me and you; pinky swear?”

“Yeah,” Trace replied before hooking his pinky with hers.

“I was a fan; still am. Now, I’m not one of those die hard ‘I wanna drink your bathwater’ fans, but I love their music…especially the solo records. Both Justin and JC have amazing voices.”

“Wow.”

“You tell no one!” Kamylle said, almost threatening the little guy.

“Fine! Fine! I won’t tell anyone. So did you go to a concert during the first leg of the tour? I heard Johnny say that you go to college in Texas so I wasn’t sure if you made it to any of those shows.”

“I missed my Monday classes and sorority chapter meeting to go to his Dallas show.”

“Wait! You’re in a sorority?”

“Yeah, Alpha Chi Omega, why?”

“So you know how to party?”

“Wow, people really believe the hype don’t they? Not all of those stereotypes are true…I knew how to party before I joined,” she replied with a grin.

“Before you joined what?” Kamylle and Trace looked up and saw Justin walking towards them with a towel around his neck.

“We have ourselves a bona fide sorority girl, J,” Trace said proudly. A smile spread across Justin’s face.

“Do we now?”

“Ya’ll know I’m standing right here, right?” Kamylle said sarcastically, “And yes, I’m in a sorority, but I’m not a ‘sorority girl’,” she said, making quotations with her fingers. Justin chuckled and gave her a once over. She was looking absolutely adorable in her jeans and cardigan. His eyes landed at her neck and the necklace she had hanging on it. Kamylle caught onto where his gaze was and fingered the piece of silver jewelry hanging on the chain.

“It’s my lavalier,” she explained.

“Your what?” Trace asked, confused.

“My sorority’s Greek letters. All Greeks get it. And the diamond studded heart was a gift from my big sis in the sorority.”

“What else did she give ya?” Trace asked in a naughty tone, wiggling his eyebrows to add to the effect.

“Shut up, you little perv!” Kamylle exclaimed, pushing him playfully.

“Ok, enough talk about Greek life,” Justin cut in, “I’m ready to get back to the hotel and eat and get ready for tonight; what about you?” he asked, wrapping an arm around Kamylle’s shoulder.

“Sounds like a plan,” she replied smiling. Justin felt his insides melt when he saw her smile. It was one of those smiles that could light up a room, the kind of smile that was contagious.

The kind of smile that he wouldn’t mind seeing for the rest of his life.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story