Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the newest installment to the short story series. I have a few more in the works as soon as school is done. :-D. Hope you enjoy.
Happy Anniversary

Jocelyn woke up to the annoying beeping of the alarm clock that was blaring into her ear. She groaned and turned over and smacked it, immediately the beeping stopped. She lay on her back sighing. She had to start her day, lucky for her she had nothing work related to do today so she only had to get Lance up and Timmy and get them off to school then she could relax with Tessa all day. Tessa usually went to day care during the week, but Friday’s were usually Jocelyn and Tessa bonding time. She couldn’t believe it was morning already. She heard a soft chuckle a few minutes later and glanced over at her husband who was lying on his back with his eyes closed laughing beside her. Jocelyn smirked and reached over smacking his chest. He only laughed harder, his hand rubbing the stung area.

“Well, good morning to you” Lance said his voice groggy
Jocelyn groaned “No…” she complained

Lance sighed and turned over to lie on his side facing Jocelyn. He reached over, bringing her to his chest. Jocelyn sighed and snuggled closer to him. This was a daily occurrence; they always tried to find time just to lay together for a couple of minutes in the morning before their busy day started, unless Lance was running late. A few minutes later, Lance kissed Jocelyn’s head lightly.

“Time to get up” he said

Jocelyn groaned and sat up sticking on her terry cloth robe over her pj pants and tank top. Lance got up and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower while Jocelyn went down the hall towards Tim’s room. She knocked softly to make sure he wasn’t already awake, it was a new rule. He wanted his privacy. When she didn’t hear anything a minute later she opened the door slowly. It was completely dark with the exception of the light shinning in from the hall way. Jocelyn walked over to the twin bed on the other side of the room. She saw the huddled figure underneath the blanket and smiled. She sat down on the edge of the bed, and rubbed his back gently.

“Timmy, time to get up” she whispered

She heard the sleepy groan escape his lips and he took a deep breath and turned on his back, his eyes still closed. Jocelyn watched him with a smile. He really was the spitting image of Lance. Jocelyn leaned down and kissed his forehead.

“C’mon bud, it’s Friday” Jocelyn said
Timmy opened his eyes slowly, looking up at Jocelyn still blinking the sleep from them. Jocelyn watched him with a smile.
“You awake?” she asked
Timmy groaned, and nodded stretching his arms
“What do you want for breakfast?” Jocelyn asked
Timmy shrugged and closed his eyes again. Jocelyn smiled and reached down and kissed his head lightly.
“You want some cereal?” she asked
He nodded,
“Hot or cold?” she asked
“Hot” he replied groggily
Jocelyn smiled, “Okay, time to get up ok?” she said

He nodded, and Jocelyn got up and turned on the light in his bedroom and closed the door. She headed down the stairs stepping over Cocoa who lay at the bottom of the stairs. She immediately lifted her head, and Jocelyn reached down and rubbed her head lightly.
“Good morning Cocoa” Jocelyn replied
She then headed into the kitchen to start breakfast for Lance and Timmy. About a half hour later Lance came down the stairs with his usual attire of black slacks, and a light blue button down short sleeve shirt. He was holding his black messenger bag in one hand, and a pair of semi dress black shoe's and black socks in the other. He skillfully stepped over Cocoa who was beginning to wake up. He put his bag down by the front door, and then walked into the dinning room and sat down in his usual spot where Jocelyn had his oatmeal with toast and a cup of coffee waiting for him. He had to admit he definitely was spoiled. About a minute later Timmy came flying down the stair's holding his backpack and jumped over Cocoa dropping his bag next to Lance's and rushed into the dinning room and sat down in his chair by Lance. Lance saw him get into his chair and smiled.

"Morning Tim" Lance replied, eating his toast
"Morning" Tim replied with a smile
"Did you study for that math test you have today?" Lance asked
Tim nodded "Jason and I stayed after school yesterday to review with Ms. Sherry" he replied
"Good" Lance said
Jocelyn then came into the dinning room from the kitchen holding a pitcher of orange juice and a pot of coffee.
"Anyone want more?" she asked
Tim shook his head no and continued eating, while Lance turned to her
"I'll take some" he replied

Jocelyn walked towards him and refilled his cup of coffee. Lance wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Jocelyn smiled and leaned down to kiss his lips lightly.
"Happy Anniversary" He whispered
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned down to kiss him more fully on the lips. She really didn't think he forgot, but she was worried none the less. They broke the kiss and Jocelyn smiled and made her way back into the kitchen, while Lance watched her. He couldn't imagine his life with anyone else. He loved her since high school, and nothing could change that. Not even her being clear across the country, he would always love her. He quickly finished his meal, as did Tim and they got up and headed towards the front door.

“Babe, we’re gonna go” Lance called
“Okay” Jocelyn replied, and came out of the kitchen wiping her hands on a dish towel.
Timmy had his back pack on, and walked over and hugged Jocelyn tightly.
“Bye mom” he said
Jocelyn smiled, and bent down to kiss the top of his head, “Bye baby, good luck on your test”
“Thanks” he said with a smile
“I’ll be there to pick you up” Jocelyn replied

Jocelyn had missed the look that Tim had given his father; Lance winked and nodded his head out the door. Tim did just that making his way out the door and towards his father’s truck. Jocelyn walked up to Lance, and he smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist snuggling into his chest, as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Have a good day” she said with a smile
He grinned and leaned down to kiss her lips lightly, then moved to her cheek leaving small kisses, and then he leaned his lips against her ear.
“When I go,” he whispered “I want you to get dressed, and get Tessa up and then go into the office and turn on the computer and find a file I saved there”
Jocelyn’s eyes scrunched in confusion, and she looked at him. He watched her and smiled, then leaned forward and kissed her lips lightly.
“Trust me” he said, “I’ll see you later”

Jocelyn watched as he turned and left quickly, it took her a minute to register what he said before she rushed up the stairs to her bedroom. She quickly stripped out of her PJs and got into the shower. She soaked under the hot spray and thought about what Lance had said. She had to smile; he never ceased to amaze her. He always found ways to surprise her, and make her feel loved. As she scrubbed her hair with the wild flower smelling shampoo she thought about the day that Lance had finally proposed to her.

*FlashBack*

Jocelyn has been having a bad couple of days. She had serious writers block, and Brandon was pushing for the next book to come out. Her relationship with Lance was going well; she had been living with him for 6 months now. And her mother was bugging her about getting married. She felt like Lance already had her in his house, in his bed, why would he bother with the ring. But Jocelyn knew better, she knew Lance better then Dianna knew Lance. So Jocelyn came home from a very serious conversation with Brandon about writing, and she wasn’t happy about it. The more pressure he was putting on her, the more blocked she was becoming. She tried everything to get back into writing, going to different places; she even spent a weekend alone at a hotel in the next town. There was just nothing she could think of that hadn’t been done before. So she came home in a horrible mood, she kicked off her shoes and left them by the door and dropped her messenger bag with her lap top in it.

“Lance!” she called
No answer, she heard the faint noise of Cocoa’s tags coming from up the stairs. She looked up toward the stairs. She knew Lance would be home, well he said he would be home when she talked to him earlier. After a minute she headed up the stairs, listening for any sign.
“Anyone home?” she called when she reached the landing.
With that she heard Cocoa coming towards her, she turned and saw her coming out of the master bedroom.
She semi smiled “Hey baby” she said, bending down as Cocoa rushed towards her.
Cocoa licked Jocelyn’s face and pawed at her as Jocelyn rubbed her back and behind her ears where she liked it.
“Where’s daddy huh?” Jocelyn asked,
Cocoa barked, and lay on her back with her legs sticking up. Jocelyn smiled and rubbed her belly, when she heard a noise down stairs. It sounded like a door closing. She knew it was something because Cocoa sat up too, and looked around.
“You heard it too huh?” Jocelyn asked, as she stood up

Cocoa got on her feet, and headed down the stairs. Jocelyn followed, her temper slowly melting away as it usually did when she got home. She headed down the stairs slowly and quietly watching Cocoa go ahead of her. Cocoa headed down the back hall way towards the offices and Lance’s studio. As Jocelyn made her way through the hall way, she called out.

“Lance?” she called, “Are you home?”

There was no answer. She walked in through Lance’s studio, thinking maybe he had ear phones on and that’s why he wasn’t answering her. She poked her head in, and saw nothing. She frowned in confusion, and opened the door more fully. Cocoa rushed past her and headed straight ahead toward the room that was connected to the studio, Jocelyn’s office. She then headed towards the office; she poked her head in quietly, and had to laugh at what she saw. Lance was sitting at her lap top, head phones on his head rocking out to the music blaring through them. She giggled, and leaned against the doorway watching him, waiting to see how long before he would notice. It was about 5 minutes until Cocoa got bored, and headed towards Lance nudging his leg with her nose. Lance looked down at her with a smile, and pet her head then saw something out of the corner of his eye and looked up and noticed Jocelyn there for the first time. She laughed as she watched him take off his head phones,

“Hey there” he said with a smile “How long have you been standing there?”
“Long enough” she said, and started to walk over “What are you working on?”
He smiled, “A song” he replied,
She looked at him confused, he never typed his songs, he always wrote them down on paper first. She had just convinced him to make a hard copy of each song on a flash drive a couple of weeks ago. He had been an ‘old fashion’ guy, as he put it. Which only made Jocelyn laugh, he definitely was old.
“Can I see?” she asked,
He nodded, and she continued her journey towards him. She stood behind him, and leaned against his back, propping her chin on his shoulder and looked at the screen. It took her a minute to realize what was written there, the 4 words she had been waiting to see since she moved in.

Will You Marry Me?

Jocelyn gasped, and stood up straight. Lance turned and looked up at her. Jocelyn had covered her mouth with her hand, and tears were starting to well in her eyes. Lance had to laugh, as he opened the top drawer of the desk and pulled out a small square velvet box. Jocelyn watched him, still to shocked to speak. Lance moved out of the chair he was sitting in, and got down on one knee if front of her, opening up the velvet box to revel a yellow gold 14 k engagement ring. Jocelyn looked down at her, still in shock. Lance laughed,

“Well?” he asked, smiling
Jocelyn sniffled, and nodded, still not saying anything. Lance laughed, and took her left hand, slipping on the ring onto her ring finger. With that Jocelyn squealed and hugged him tightly, almost knocking him back as he hugged her still on one knee. Jocelyn got down on both knees and continued to hug him tightly.
Jocelyn finally got her voice back, “It took you long enough” she replied,
Lance laughed and hugged her back tightly, “I know I’m sorry” he said,
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned into kiss him passionately, “Mm, I love you” she replied
“I love you too” he said, kissing her back.

As if on que Cocoa came barging into the room, full force barking and pouncing on them. They fell to the floor with a laugh, with Cocoa licking at their faces. They were about to start another chapter in their long life together.

*End Of FlashBack*

Jocelyn broke out of her day dream hearing the faint voice of Tessa coming in through the door way, since the baby monitor was sitting there on the bathroom counter. She knew that she was awake now, and would be all hyper for the day. She rinses herself off quickly, and wrapped the towel around her hair, before slipping on her terry cloth robe. She headed out of the master bedroom and down the hall way to the next room on the right. She opened the door slightly, and saw Tessa sitting on her bed playing with her Barbie dolls. She had millions of them, Lance made sure of that. Tessa smiled, and leaned against the door way watching her baby. She was growing up so fast, she couldn’t believe it. Something made Tessa glance at the door way and when she did she saw her mommy. She smiled brightly,

“Mommy!” she squealed and got up, rushing towards her
Tessa smiled, as Tessa hugged her tightly.
“Morning baby” Jocelyn said, reaching down to kiss her head.
“What we doing day?” she asked with a bright smile
Jocelyn smiled, “I don’t know, daddy has a surprise for me,” she said with bright eyes
“Oh,” she said,
Jocelyn then headed to the little girls dresser, “What do you want to wear today?” she asked

Tessa shrugged, and went back to playing Barbie’s. Tessa picked out a pair of jean shorts and one of Tessa’s favorite princess shirts got her dressed in that. She left her on the floor playing with her Barbie’s while she went to go get dressed herself. She put on some jeans and fitted red T-shirt, sticking on some white Adidas shoes, and putting her wet hair up in a pony tail. After getting herself dressed she brought Tessa downstairs into the dinning room and got her some breakfast. She was starting to get anxious about what Lance had left for her. She got Tessa in her booster seat, with a bowl of some eggs (her favorite breakfast) and headed towards the office in the back of the house.

She walked in through Lance’s studio, and into her office. She walked over to sit at the desk where her computer now sat. She still had the lap top Lance had given her, but she mostly used that when she traveled, and everything sat on her many flash drives, and notebooks on the book shelf. She turned on the computer immediately, and paced the floor waiting for it to reboot. As the computer booted up, she glanced at the bookshelf that sat behind the desk. She had shelves of books, some written by her, some written by other people. On the shelf under that were her spiral note books and journals she’s written: everything from high school and on. And the newest addition to the shelf was the DVD of “Feels Like Home” that Lance picked up for her the day it came out. Also a signed copy from Josh, Will, and Reese that Brandon had sent over. The movie did okay in the theater, it did make all the money back that was spent and then some. Jocelyn remembered when it came out on DVD; Allyson threw a huge movie night at her house and had all the friends and family over to watch it. She glanced over at the computer screen and noticed that the desktop came up, and she walked over to it and sat down in the computer chair. She clicked on the documents folder, and searched for something that stood out. And there it was a file that read “Happy 10th Anniversary” on it in all caps to make it stand out. She waited for the file to open, and when it did she read it.

Happy Anniversary baby!

Can you believe you’ve been stuck with me for 10 years? Well I hope you don’t feel stuck. Haha

But anyway, I want your day to be special even though I’m not there. So get Tessa ready and drop her off at your moms. Allyson will be there to take you to a Spa day in Jackson. After a relaxing morning, you guys will go to lunch (anywhere you want) and Allyson will let you know about the rest of your day :)

Have fun baby, I love you!

-Lance


Jocelyn squealed and read the letter once more before, shutting down the computer and heading back out into the dinning room where Tessa was sitting finishing her eggs. Lance always found ways to surprise her.

“Hey Tess” Jocelyn said, walking towards her
Tessa turned to look at her mom, egg all over her face. It made Jocelyn smile as she went and pulled a chair up next to her at the table. She reached out and wiped the food off her face, Tessa giggled.
“Want to go hang out with Grams today?” Jocelyn asked
Tessa looked at her and nodded, “With gampa?” she questioned
Jocelyn smiled “Yeah, Grandpa too” she said
“Okie” she said with a smile, and lifted her hands up signaling she was done.
Jocelyn laughed, and lifted her up and put her on the floor.
“Okay, let’s go put our shoes on” Jocelyn said,

Tessa raced over towards the stairs were the shoes were. Jocelyn went and put the plate Tessa had her eggs on into the sink and then headed towards where Tessa was. She helped her put on her Velcro Barbie shoes and put on a jacket and then she grabbed her purse and Tessa’s diaper bag. She then locked the door and got Tessa into her truck and they headed towards Jocelyn’s parents house.

-*-

Jocelyn reached her parents house in record time, and she saw Allyson’s car parked out front. She got Tessa out of the car along with her things, and headed into the house. Allyson was sitting in the living room of the house talking g to Dianna.

“Knock knock” Jocelyn said opening the screen door,
“Gama!” Tessa squealed running into the house, and flying into Dianna’s arms.
Dianna smiled, and opened her arms and wrapping them around Tessa tightly.
“Hey baby girl” she said kissing her cheeks.
Tessa giggled as she hugged her grandma close. Jocelyn put down her bag by the door, and walked into the living room.
“Hello everyone” Jocelyn said with a smile
Dianna and Allyson turned to her,
“Well look at you, all glowing and stuff” Allyson said with a smile
Jocelyn smiled, and leaned over kissing her mother’s cheek and sat down next to them on the couch.
“So?” Jocelyn questioned “What are we doing?”
Allyson rolled her eyes, “Please don’t start with the questions already” she said “We have a full day ahead of us”
Jocelyn giggled,
“Someone is spoiled today” Dianna said with a wink,
“It’s about time, I’m never spoiled” Jocelyn replied batting her eye lashes
Allyson laughed “Hah! Much” she replied
Jocelyn gasped “I am not” she replied defending herself

Dianna rolled her eyes; they fought like they were little kids. A few minutes later Jocelyn and Allyson said good-bye to Dianna and Tessa and got into Allyson’s car and headed down the street towards Jackson. As they continued their drive towards Jackson, they chatted away. They had talked about the kids, school, husbands, family and work. An hour or so later, they reached Jackson and stopped at a Juice Bar for a smoothie before heading to the spa. They spent about an hour or so there, getting massages, facials, and of course their finger nails and toes done. After completing their spa time it was about 2 in the afternoon, and Allyson drove to a small café where they enjoyed lunch. They were sitting in a booth by a window,

“You’re so lucky” Allyson replied
Jocelyn looked up from her iced tea, “What do you mean?” Jocelyn asked
“Getting spoiled this way” Allyson said
“Oh come on, this is one in a million” Jocelyn replied, watching her concern filling her gaze.
They were quiet before Jocelyn spoke up once more.
“You guys been having problems?” Jocelyn asked
Allyson looked at her, then at the table at her hands that were folded on the table in front of her and shrugged her expression sad.
“Ally…what’s wrong?” Jocelyn asked, and reached out to grab her hand
“I guess it’s nothing, it’s bound to happen after so many years” Allyson said
“Oh no it’s not” Jocelyn replied, “Who told you that?”
“No one but…” Allyson started, but Jocelyn cut her off
“Not buts, Joey loves you…he always has and he always will” Jocelyn replied,
“You think so?” Allyson looked at her hope filling her expression
“Of course” Jocelyn said, “And wait tell her sees you today, he’ll be all over you”
Allyson giggled and shook her head.
“I’ll talk to him” Jocelyn winked, “Straighten him out”
“Joc, no!” Allyson’s eyes got big.
Jocelyn laughed, “C’mon you’ll like it” she replied
Allyson shook her head, and smiled. The waitress brought over their lunch and they both said ‘Thank You’ with a smile and went back to joking.
“Joc, please don’t say anything” Allyson spoke “Seriously”
“Why not?” Jocelyn asked, “He’s a man, sometimes you have to drop hints”
Allyson shook her head, eating a fry off her plate. They were silent for a minute when Allyson spoke again.
“So, you wanna know what’s next?” Allyson asked
Jocelyn looked up at her, “Really? You’ll tell me?” she asked
Allyson laughed, “Well, if you don’t want too-“ she started
“Tell me!” Jocelyn squealed, smiling
Allyson giggled, taking a drink of her iced tea.
“Lance should be here in about an hour to pick you up and whisk you away for the weekend” Allyson said
“Awww, really?” Jocelyn asked with a smile
Allyson laughed “So be prepared cause someone’s gonna have a long weekend” she said with a wink
“All weekend?” Jocelyn asked, “What about the kids?”
“All taken care of” Allyson said “Lance has been planning this forever”

Jocelyn smiled eating another fry from her plate as Allyson laughed watching her. They continued their lunch talking and laughing. They were having a laughing fit when Jocelyn felt hands over her eyes. Her smile brightened as she stayed still.
“Guess who?” she heard
Jocelyn brought her hands to his pulling them off her face, looking up at him he watched her and leaned down and pecked her lips lightly.

“Good afternoon ladies” he said
He sat himself down next to Jocelyn and kissed her cheek.
“Look at you guys, ya’ll are glowing” he replied
They both laughed.
“So, how’s the day been?” He asked them
“Nice” Jocelyn replied with a smile “It feels great to relax”
Lance smiled “Good, glad you enjoyed it” he said
He then reached over and grabbed Jocelyn’s glass, taking a sip of her iced tea.
“So, what did you do today?” Jocelyn asked him
Lance looked at her and smirked “Wouldn’t you like to know” he winked
“Yes, I would” Jocelyn said moving herself into his arm
He laughed, “You will” he said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder
“Lance, I’ll get you the money for the spa” Allyson said
Lance shook his head “It’s fine” he replied
“Oh no, that was no inexpensive spa day” Allyson replied
Lance laughed “Allyson I know, I had it all planned out, everything was paid for and that’s the end alright?” he asked
Jocelyn looked at Allyson as Allyson looked at Lance, then to Jocelyn.
“Joc, let me pay” Allyson whined
Jocelyn laughed, and shrugged “Hey, I have no say” she said
Allyson pouted “Oh you” she replied
Jocelyn giggled, “Don’t you love him” she replied and kissed his cheek
Allyson sighed, “You guys make me ill” she replied

They all laughed, and finished their lunch. Then Lance paid the bill much to Allyson’s dismay and headed out of the restaurant and to their cars. Jocelyn hugged Allyson tightly.

“Hope you had fun” Allyson said
“I did” Jocelyn replied, “Thanks for coming”
“Of course” Allyson said
She then hugged Lance, “Thanks bud” she said
He smiled and kissed her cheek “Anytime”
She broke the hug and got into her car, and starting it up and waving as she drove away. Lance turned to Jocelyn as her car drove out of sight.
“Ready?” he asked with a wink
Jocelyn smiled, as Lance unlocked his truck. Jocelyn got in as did Lance, and he tossed a black bandana at her as he started the truck.
“Put this on” he replied
Jocelyn looked at him, then at the bandana in her hands.
“Seriously?” she questioned
“Yes” he said, “C’mon don’t ruin it” he replied

She pouted and sighed folding the bandana over her eyes tying it in the back. She leaned her head back in the seat and felt the car shift into drive and their journey began. They had been driving for who knows how long, Jocelyn was laying her head back on the seat the black blind fold still covering her eyes. She was starting to get anxious, the suspense was killing her.

“Lance…” she whined for about the 50th time during the car ride, “Please let me take this thing off”
She heard him chuckle, “Honey, we’re almost there, I promise you won’t be disappointed”

She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, sticking her bottom lip out into a pout. He shook his head laughing at her once more, as he continued driving. It was half hour later, when Lance finally pulled into a parking spot.

“Are we there?” Jocelyn questioned quickly
Lance laughed shutting the car off, “Yes…but don’t you dare move” he warned

Jocelyn heard the door open and close, and she waited quietly in the car listening, nothing. She the heard her passenger door open, and felt the breeze run across her face, with that familiar smell. What was it? She felt Lance hold onto her arms,

“Alright, move outta the car” he replied, watching as she moved her feet through the opening of the door, and planted them on the floor.
“Alright, stand up” he said,
“My head” she said,
He laughed, “I’m watching you” he replied, ducking her head as she got out of his truck.
Jocelyn stood up slowly, as Lance held onto her hand guiding her. She heard the truck door close, as Lance held her hand still.
“Alright, walk with me” he said
Jocelyn stepped forward slowly, following Lance’s lead as he steered her. He finally put his hands on her shoulder, as he stood in back of her now. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his chest.
“Alright,” he said, kissing the back of her neck lightly,

Jocelyn reached up, pulling the blindfold off of her eyes. As her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she felt the cool breeze run through her hair, and sniffed the air smelling that salty crisp air. She looked out at the horizon as they both stood out looking at the ocean and the sun setting. She squealed turning around in Lance’s arms practically jumping into them. Lance laughed taking a step back to gain his balance as he hugged her back.

“Oh my goodness, thank you!” she squealed, nearly causing poor Lance to go deaf.
He laughed, “You’re welcome” he replied, “We’re here all weekend, just the two of us” he said breaking the hug, turning them so that they were facing a small little cottage. “And that’s where we’re staying” he finished.
Jocelyn looked at the small beach cottage, and her smiled brightened as she turned to Lance and kissed him lovingly, he knew how much she loved the beach. They broke the kiss, their faces still inches apart.
“Thank you” she whispered,
He grinned and leaned his head forward to kiss her once more. Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, as they kissed. They broke it a minute later, panting as they held each other tightly.
“I love you so much” she whispered, in his ear
He smiled, “I love you too” he replied
They stayed in the embrace for a minute, looking out at the ocean when Jocelyn spoke.
“So, can I see it?” she asked
He laughed, “Sure come on” he said, taking her hand as they walked towards the cottage.

Lance reached into his pocket taking out a key chain as they reached the door of the cottage. He unlocked the door opening it quickly, reaching against the wall and turning on the light. He stepped out of the way allowing Jocelyn to walk into the, she walked into the small room and looked around. The place wasn't huge, but it was cozy. To her right there was a little living room area with a big comfy couch, coffee table, and a small TV in the corner. To her left there was a small bar, and behind it a small kitchen area with all the necessities. Lance had walked in behind her and closed the front putting the key onto of the bar, watching her as she walked further into the house. She walked towards the other side of the house where there were two doors; one of course was the bathroom, and the other the bedroom. The bed was king sized, and covered in soft sheets, pillows galore, and a big fluffy comforter. She noticed the light coming into the small room and looked straight ahead at the sliding glass door; she smiled, and turned exiting the room and walking towards Lance as he stood watching her.

“You like it?” he asked
She smiled and nodded, rushing to him once more jumping into his arms.
“Thank you” she replied, kissing his cheek

He smiled, hugging her back. He hid his face in the side of her neck, smelling the shampoo she had used that morning. He could stay like that forever. He felt her pulling away, and he took his face out of the side of her neck to look at her. She was watching him, her eyes wondering over his features, her arms still wrapped around his neck. Her fingers went to the back of his neck, as she rubbed them through his short hair.

“Are you sure the kids are gonna be alright?” she asked
He sighed and laid his forehead against hers, “Joc, they are fine, I promise, your parents will be fine with them for 2 days…let’s just enjoy this ok?” he questioned, and went in to kiss her forehead, moving his lips down her nose, both her cheeks, then moved into her lips touching them lightly with his, then moved them against hers.

Jocelyn sighed, her eyes closing as she kissed her husband back, moving as close to him as she could. It had been a long time since they had been this close, with their busy schedules and of course the kids, there just wasn’t time. Lance felt her move towards him, and he started to move them towards the couch. He hands traveled up the back of her shirt, his hands caressing his back and sides moving to her stomach. They broke the kiss as they reached the couch, and Jocelyn fell back onto the couch, as Lance landed on top of her softly. They sunk into the plush couch, and moved themselves so that they were laying side by side, facing each other. Jocelyn lay with her back to the couch as Lance lay in front of her, their legs intertwined together as they look into each others eyes.

“I thought you forgot” Jocelyn confessed
Lance looked into her darker green eyes, looking at the only face he wanted to be with the rest of his life.
“How could I forget a day like this” he replied, “The day you became Jocelyn Bass”
Jocelyn smiled, as she reached out a caressed his cheek lightly. It had been a long time since they just got to lay together, even though they attempted too, a lot of times there just wasn’t time too.
“This should be a tradition” she suggested, “Every 10 years we come back”
Lance smiled, “I think that sounds like a plan” he replied, and leaned forward to kiss her lips lightly.
Jocelyn smiled, “Lets see, in ten years I’ll be” she winced “Old enough” Lance laughed, and Jocelyn smiled, “Tim will be 19, and Tessa will be 13”
“Wow, it’s crazy to think of them that old” Lance said,
“I don’t want them to get that old” Jocelyn pouted
He laughed; he leaned forward and kissed her forehead before looking at her again.
“I have another present for you” he spoke softly,
Jocelyn looked into his light green eyes and smiled, “I feel so bad you’re spoiling me this year…” she replied,
He grinned, “It’s not everyday you’re married for 10 years” he replied,

Jocelyn watched him as he untangled his legs from hers and slid off the couch. He walked quickly into the bedroom, as Jocelyn got more comfortable on the couch. That’s what he must have been doing, coming here to drop everything off earlier in the day instead of going to ‘work’. A minute later he came back out, and lay back down on the couch, facing her once more. Jocelyn leaned forward and kissed his lips lightly, her hand going to the side of his face, running her hand across his cheek. They broke the kiss a minute later, both panting out of breath. Lance leaned forward and kissed her forehead before reaching into his side pocket and taking out a little small blue velvet box. Jocelyn looked at the box, then at him a smile creeping on her face.

“You did go all out this year” she said with a smile
He smiled, as she reached for the box leaning on her arm. She looked at him and then at the box opening it slowly. When she saw what was inside she practically screamed, and leaned forward to kiss Lance deeply.
“Mm, thank you!” she said
Lance reached out and took the box from her hands, and took the small item out. It was a thin yellow gold band, that is supposed to go in-between her engagement ring and wedding ring. It was engraved on the inside; it said:

Jocelyn & Lance
2007
10 Years &Counting


The ‘Jocelyn & Lance’ was on the outside with a small diamond around and in between each word, and the ‘2007’ and ’10 Years & Counting’ was inscribed on the inside of the band. He slipped her wedding ring off of her hand, putting the band on and then slipping the ring again. He kissed her fingers lightly, looking at her.

“I love you Jocelyn” he said,
Jocelyn looked up at him from the ring; “I love you” she stated and moved in to kiss his lips lightly.
He laughed, “That’s all I get?” he asked, “I whisk you away and bring you-“

He was cut off when Jocelyn leaned forward and kissed him once more, this time rolling him on his back as she laid on top of him. Lance wrapped his arms around her waist, as he kissed her back; in the process he turned them so that Jocelyn was lying on the couch with Lance on top of her. They broke the kiss a minute later, and looked at each other.

“Why don’t we take this to the bedroom?” Lance asked with a wink,
Jocelyn laughed, “Is that all I’m good for?” she questioned, batting her eye lashes
Lance grinned, as he got himself off the couch, and reached down lifting Jocelyn effortlessly into his arms. As Jocelyn wrapped her arms around his neck, “Oh god, don’t, I’m heavy” she squealed, always feeling a little self conscious about her weight especially after having 2 kids.
“You are not” he replied, as he made his way into the bedroom.

He kicked the door open with his foot before making his way into the room. The cool air from outside blew in from the open sliding glass door, and you could hear the faint noise of the waves crashing against the shore. He walked over to the bed, putting her down on the soft comforter, on one side as he crawled onto the bed next to her. Jocelyn turned herself so that she was lying on her side, facing Lance as watched her.

"You've been happy right?" Lance asked her,
Jocelyn looked at him, "Of course I have" she replied, "I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be then here with you ... after everything we've been through, you're the only one I want"

That sent Lance's insecurities out the window. He leaned forward to kiss his wife of 10 years, nothing could be better then this moment with her by his side.
Chapter End Notes:
*&*Traci*&*

Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com

Incomplete
Sassy Spacey is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Happily Ever After also liked 24 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story