Jordan just stood there, her hands covering her mouth, staring at him. She couldn’t say anything, didn’t know what to say, she was caught completely off guard.

-“Is it mine?” he asked again, a little more determined this time.

He took a step forward, but she was starting to regain herself again. Her expression changed, and she smiled gently.

-“No, it’s not, Justin” she answered firmly.

-“Are you sure?” he looked a bit relieved.

She nodded, but the way her eyes were flackering made him not believe her.

-“Whose is it?” he asked, still not letting go of her eyes.

She continued to smile tiredly.

-“I hate to be rude, but I really don’t think this is any of your business.” She ran her hands through her hair.

He couldn’t help thinking how different she looked now, no make-up, sweat pants, hair in a ponytail. She looked older, and she looked exhausted. He was definitely not face to face with a glamorous star right now.

-“It is my business if you are lying.”

She raised her eyebrows at him, stunned by his outburst.

-“I would like you to leave now, please” She didn’t smile anymore, just gave him a cold stare.

He shrugged.

-“I would like a paternity test, please” he mirrored her words and body language.

They were both looking intensely into each others eyes, none of them backing away. They didn’t know how long they were standing like this, it felt like hours.

She was the one to turn away first.

-“We spent one night together a few months back, why the hell do you think you’re the father of my child?”

-“It’s not that I particularly think I am, but as long as there is a possibility I would like to know. I don’t want a child of mine out here in the world without me knowing, or him not knowing me. That’s not gonna happen”

-“Are you confronting all your one night stands to see if they got pregnant with your child, or is it only the famous one’s?” she asked coldly.

-“You think it’s because of your name? I don’t need your fucking celebrity status or your money. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m doing fine on my own!”

-“Then why?”

-“I told you why”

She snorted.

-“What are you, the last sensitive guy on earth? Most men would run a mile if they believed they had knocked up a stranger.”

-“So, I’m not most guys.” He shrugged.

-“What do you want from me?” she shook her head.

-“Am I not making myself clear here? I want a paternity test, I want to know for sure, I don’t trust you for a second, and I want to see the proof myself!” he spat out.

-“Fine!” she said walking into the living room. He followed close behind.

-“Fine?” he asked, not sure if this meant she gave in.

-“Fine, let’s do it!” she said again. She knew he wouldn’t cave, and how big were the chances it was his anyway? Most likely it would be Leo’s.

-“Okay, so…when?” he asked, a bit unsure how to act now that he had gotten what he wanted.She shrugged again.

-“I don’t care, whenever”

-“Tomorrow” It wasn’t a question; she knew that, so she just nodded. “ I’ll pick you up”

-“Why?” she asked. “You don’t have to go with”

-“Oh, I’m coming with you, you can be sure about that! I’ll also order the doctors appointment, and I’m paying for it.” He started to make his way to the exit. “And by the way; I need your number, I’ll call you later today to let you know when we’re going”

She couldn’t do anything but take the phone he was holding out for her and save her number on it.

He left without another word.

-“You can tell Ken that he’s fired, by the way!” she called after him, getting the last word. How dared he let someone else into her house? 

 

 

 

As soon as Justin arrived at home, he threw himself on the couch, his hands covering his face.

-“So, how did it go?” Trace asked curiously.

-“That was like the weirdest moment in my life!” he sighed

-“Weirder than sleeping with her?” Trace grinned, but quickly got serious again when he saw Justin’s expression.

-“I’m sorry, that was uncalled for. I guess it’s not the right time to joke about it. So, what did she say?”

Justin told him about the conversation and the decision that was made.

-“So, tomorrow, then. How long to get the test results?”

-“About a week. I got Johnny to get us an appointment. He had to pull a few strings to get it that soon. I just can’t wait any longer.”

Trace sat next to him and put his hand reassuringly on his shoulder.

-“What are you gonna do if it’s yours?”

-“Fuck do I know. I don’t wanne think about it before it happens. I’ll make decisions then. It’s not exactly the way I want my first child to be born. And she seemed so oblivious to the whole thing.”

-“How so?”

-“You know that glow women get when they are pregnant?” Trace nodded “Yeah, she doesn’t have that at all. I didn’t get the feeling she was happy about it, she seemed almost…annoyed.”

-“You got all that from a 15 minutes conversation? Man, you’re good!” he smiled and Justin smiled a little back.

-“I’m not saying I’m right, it was just the feeling I got.”

-“So, have you told anyone else than me and Johnny?”

Justin shook his head.

-“There’s no point until I know more.”

-“How ‘bout Jessica?”

-“Yeah, right; how do you tell your girlfriend that there might be another woman carrying your child? No, I’ll keep this away from her as long as I can. No need to hurt her more than necessary.”

Trace nodded in agreement.

-“I have to say, man, this is totally fucked up.”

-“Tell me about it. I’m totally freaking out here. I just need this week to be over soon, get on with my life”

Trace got up and opened the liquor cabinet.

-“Scotch?” he asked, pouring two glasses almost full.  

 

 

 

 

 He picked her up in the morning, and she climbed into his car without even looking at him.

They drove all the way to the hospital without saying a word to each other, and they were both fine with that. What was there to say, anyway? Hopefully after this week they would never have to talk to each other again. 

It didn’t take long to take the test. He was in the room for the whole process, watching as the doctor put a long needle into her stomach. He gave them a time to come back next week to get the results, and they were on their way again.

He drove her home in silence, and just planned to meet up with her again at the hospital when it was time.  

As soon as he left her he drove straight to Jessica. He grabbed her at the door and carried her into the bedroom. He needed something to take his mind off this terrible day, and at the moment sex was the only thing he could think of that would do just that.

-“What initiated this behaviour?” she asked laughing when they were finished.

He kissed her roughly and pulled her into a stronger embrace.

-“Just needed to be close to you”

-“Is everything okay?”

-“Sure, I’m fine.”

She let it go as she always did. That’s why he enjoyed hanging out with her, she never pushed him, never made him talk about stuff, and she was always up for sex.

So they didn’t talk much about anything important, but he had Trace and his brothers to do that with. It was an easy way, and he was content. He knew it wouldn’t last forever, but for the moment it was a fine way to waste some time. He could do better, but he couldn’t do better right now 

 

 

 

 

-“So, I got us invitations for the premiere of ‘A Philosopher’s Diary’ on Friday!” Jessica said excitedly over dinner later that night.

He almost choked on his sushi.

-“What?”

-“You know, the new Jordan Callister movie, you know her, right?”

He had told her that the rumours from that night were untrue, that they had just talked, and she believed him. After all, he had no reason to lie; they weren’t really together at that time.

-“Yeah, I know her. I’m not sure I’m in the mood to go, though”

-“Aw, come on, Justin, you know how I love going to premieres! And the movie is supposed to be really good!”

-“Well, bring Jen or something”

-“No, I want you there with me! Now that we’ve finally gone public, I don’t want the press to speculate whether we are having problems in our relationship. Besides, what if Derek and that woman are there…” she made her puppy eyes, pleading him.

He sighed.

-“Okay, I’ll go.” He guessed he had to do something for her once in a while too if he wanted to keep her for a little bit longer. He would just have to do anything in his power to keep away from Jordan.  

 

 

 

 

She had problems getting ready. She had chosen an empire line dress, but she still felt like it showed. She didn’t want this…thing… to overshadow the movie, even though she knew what questions she’d be asked at the red carpet.

Her limo drove her straight to the theatre, and she started walking the carpet alone. Here we go, she thought as the reporters started calling for her.

-“Jordan, are the rumours true?” one reporter asked her smugly.

She smiled her most glorious smile.

-“I’m here to talk about the movie, not my personal life”

-“I can’t help but notice your dress, is it because you have something to hide?” he didn’t give up, but she continued to smile.

-“My dress is Versace, and it’s to make me look good, the same as my make-up and hair”

The reporter laughed a little

-“Okay, I won’t ask you more, then” He moved on to questions about the movie and her co-stars. She talked for a few minutes before moving on to the next.

-“Miss Callister, is it true that Leo DeCaprio is the father to your child?”

She sighed, but kept her stone face.

-“I don’t have a child yet, miss, but if or when I do, you’ll be the first to know” she winked to the woman who obviously got a bit annoyed. Suddenly she felt an arm around her, swiping her away. It was her co-star Jack Nicholson.

-“Come with me, sweetie” he whispered and this time her smile was genuine. They had really gotten along well while filming, he had been nothing but nice to her without expecting anything in return, which was unusual for her.

They walked together with their arms around each other, turning and waiving to all the cameras flashing away.  

 

 

 

 

 Jessica was so excited after watching the movie.

-“That was so amazing, wasn’t it, honey?”

-“Hmm..?” he didn’t really pay attention; he was looking around to make sure he stayed away from Jordan.

-“Justin!” she pulled on his arm, whining.

-“What? Yeah, it was good”

It had been strange seeing her on the big screen after all that had happened.

-“I so wanne do a movie like that as well!” she continued, but he was too distracted to listen. Suddenly she pulled at him more frantically, jumping up and down.

-“There she is! Let’s talk to her!” she dragged him with her, and before he could do anything they were face to face with Jordan as she came out of the door. She stopped dead, just staring at him.

-“Jordan! That was absolutely amazing! One of the best movies I’ve ever seen!”Jordan looked over at an overly excited Jessica. She managed to smile and keep her pose, but Justin could see in her eyes how furious she was.

-“Thank you, that’s…sweet of you”

-“I’d really love to work with you one day, that’d be just so fantastic!”

Oh, God, he started blushing from his girlfriends words. He could see a fraction of amusement in Jordan’s face.

-“Yeah, that’s…” she looked over at Justin, who just kept staring at the floor.

-“You know Justin, right?” Jess said, not noticing the awkwardness.

-“Yeah, I…” she shook his hand. “We met at the Oscar’s”.

The look she gave him was full of anger. He knew this had been a bad idea; he must have been the last person on earth she wanted to see tonight. He tried to look at her apologetically, but she just bit her lip and continued the stare. He felt like a complete jackass, not knowing where to look or what to do with his hands.

-“Well, it was nice seeing you both, but I really have to move on”

-“Of course” Justin managed to say, stepping to the side to let her through.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj celebrityj