Getting used to the time difference is very hard. I couldn't fall asleep last night and this morning I just couldn't get out of bed. My body had adjusted to west coast time. Justin is usually the one laying in the bed trying to snuggle as long as possible, not this morning he is up and reading the paper, drinking a cup of coffee. That paper is very noisy.

I was still sleeping I think when I asked, "What time is it?"

"Just a little after nine. You don't have to get up."

"I want you to come back to bed with me." I raise my eyebrows and give him a little smirk. No sooner than I stop smiling he leaps across the room strips naked and jumps under the covers with me. Wraps his arms around me and snuggles, wiggling his way to get comfortable.

"This is the best feeling in the world."

He laughs, "This is great, but I... I know something that is better!"

"Oh, really?"

"Let me show you a thing or two..."

            He slides under the covers and kisses me all the way down my chest... my stomach...the further south he goes the sensation and tingle in my stomach gets better. He was talented at many things and this... this is one of them. He couldn't wait any longer, I could feel him rock hard against my leg as he leaned up, he was ready to teach me something else.

            We really couldn't stay in bed all day, as great as that sounded. We were headed to see Rascal Flatts at a venue I had been to for hundreds of concerts. I was excited. We were on my stopping grounds now.

We arrive at the local Wal-Mart to get some food and snacks to tailgate. The greeter at the door, an older woman with gray hair and way too much makeup on, she asks me how my day is going and tells me the weather is beautiful today. It's strange to have someone just simply ask how your day is. People don't do that anymore.

            There were a lot of whispers and "Oh my god's..." but for the most part no one bothered Justin in the store. I wanted him to feel comfortable out of L.A and out of the reach of his security. This was the first outing or trip that he hasn't had Lonnie next to him at all times. He felt like a big kid now. There were a few people that asked for his autograph and he would smile and talk to them.

We turn into the alcohol aisle. Concentration is key here, alcohol is very important. You have to have all the right things to tailgate. I thought I heard someone call my name but I wasn't sure. Then I heard "Melissa?" again. I knew I wasn't hearing things this time. I turned around and there stood a beautiful petite blonde woman. Dressed in a dark blue dress suit, I see someone I haven't seen in a very long time. "Lara? I haven't seen you in almost ten years.... How are you?"

"I'm not doing so well. I'm in town for my brother's funeral."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." I can't seem to escape death. It seems to follow me.

"He couldn't handle it anymore. He took his own life."

I felt a knot in my stomach get so tight. The feeling of loosing someone to suicide was something you never get over. You learn to deal with everyday, and each day it seems to get easier to get through the days. It had been five years since we lost Megan, and there are still days I can't even say her name. I didn't ask any questions about his death. I knew that I didn't want anyone asking me when I went through it.

"Wow" is all I could say at first... "I am so sorry."

"I thought he was doing fine. He had gone through a rough divorce six months ago but he said he was doing better. I am not sure why he thought this was the answer to his problem. Now his children have lost their father...."

I couldn't have this conversation with her anymore. I couldn't talk about death and suicide. It touched a nerve. Justin must have seen the look on my face or the fact that I had turned pale. He walked back over to me and grabbed my hand, whispered, "Are you ok?" I nodded and he just continued to hold my hand. I was glad he hadn't heard what she was saying. I didn't want him to have to deal with losing Sarah again.

"I'm sorry I'm rambling..." she said "On brighter notes, how are you?"

"I'm doing well. I live in Los Angeles now I couldn't stand living here anymore."

"I know what you mean. I have lived in New York City now for nearly five years. I moved there for medical school and that's where I will do my residency. I absolutely love it there. It's defiantly a different world then here." She looks at me then looks at the tall curly dark haired guy standing next to me... "Is this your husband? Wait, you look very familiar... are you Justin Timberlake?"

"No he is not my husband, but yes this is Justin. Sorry I am rude, I was worried about you rather than introducing you to him."

"Justin Timberlake, the celebrity? The guy we saw in concert a dozen times?" Justin reached his hand out to shake her hand. She was shaking. "Hi, I'm Justin Timberlake. It's really nice to meet you."

"You're joking right. I have to be seeing things. This is your husband?"

"No, were not married. But we are together."

"I saw pictures of you in like Mexico or something. I remember standing in the grocery store cash-out line telling my husband that the female looked so familiar but I didn't think that it was you. Even with the name on there I never thought he would be dating someone I graduated high school with. This is crazy."

"Oh yes, I remember those pictures..." those pictures that changed my life as I knew it. "Well I really hate to run but we are headed to Post Gazette for a concert. We are only in town until tomorrow. It was great to see you. Again, I am sorry about your loss."

            She thanked me for the condolences and left. I couldn't shake the feeling of all that pain I had dealt with when Megan died. It shows that no matter how much time passes, it stays with you. I felt the lump in my throat start to build. My eyes filled with tears. He asked if I was ok, I told him I was I just simply needed a minute to collect my thoughts. He wrapped his arms around me and let me stand there for a minute. Maybe I hadn't dealt with Megan's death as I thought I had. It seems to be affecting me more every day.

            We finished our shopping and returned to the hotel and to my surprise Kia and Steve were waiting for us. They are never on time, let alone early.

"Wow aren't we are a little early. What's with being on time?" I laugh and Kia gives me a dirty look.

"Well we were trying to make a good impression on your boyfriend, but since you just blew my cover. Screw that... we are getting wasted today!!!"

"I have a surprise for you..."

"What's that?"

"We have a driver!"

"What? Who?"

"I hired someone."

"Why did you do that?"

"So we can all drink pretty heavy or in your words, GET WASTED!!! And not have to worry about driving."

"Well let's go so we can start drinking!"

            Finally after an hour and a half wait for lunch a quick shopping trip to get Kia & myself a cowboy hat we arrived at Post Gazette pretty early. The parking lot had just started to fill up. Justin doesn't seem too impressed with the parking lot. I honestly don't think he has ever been on this side of the world. He has always been the one backstage getting ready for the show or the sound check. This was something new for him. There are women walking around in bathing suit tops, men in shorts and no shirts, and then there were people already drunk and falling over. Those are the ones you tried to avoid at all cost.

             We had four hours before the show. My phone rings, I look at the name and smile

"Hello"

"Hey, this is Jay. I wanted to let you know that the track is finished they mastered it this morning. I am going to mail you a copy."

"Oh well, I am not in L.A. I will be in NYC for at least a week."

"That's fine I will have them send it overnight to Justin's apartment on Monday."

"Sounds great. I'm excited to hear it."

"It turned out great. I hate to cut this call short but we are about to go do sound check, we have a show tonight."

"Oh ok, have a great show. See you soon."

            I hung up the phone. Kia asked who called.

"It was Jay, from Rascal Flatts!"

"Why didn't you tell him you were at his show?"

"Justin wanted to be a fan at the show today. He is attempting to be normal, I'm respecting that."

"Well you know we are in the PIT, they are going to see you."

"I guess I will deal with it then."

            A crowd slowly gathered around us. We had flip cup challenges, with nearly fifty people. That's a record of some sort for us. The only problem with the game is you're chugging beer, which means you get drunk really quick. I am a very touchy feely person when I am drinking, even more than normal. Justin is just as touchy feely if not more than I am.

            We were supposed to be in a round of flip cup but I ended up pressed against a random car and Justin leaning against me. Kissing him only makes me want to do more than kiss him. We have to stop ourselves a couple times because there are hundreds of people surrounding us taking pictures. All he needs is to have some pictures worse than us kissing on the internet.

By the time we went in, we had a very nice level of intoxication. Of course in this venue we have to sign in and get wrist bands for the pit. Kia goes first, and then I step up there. The girl looks at me, says "I need you photo ID." I handed it to her then she whispered something to the girl next to her. Being that I had a lot of alcohol in my system I just gave her a confused look and with an attitude I said, "Is there a problem?"

"No, I just can't believe your standing in front of me right now."

"Why is that?"

"Well you like famous..."

"Um no" I pointed behind me, "that would be my boyfriend..."

"Fuck... Justin Timberlake..."

"Yes, I have that privileged." I laugh because the drunken part of me thought that was hilarious.

Justin steps up to the window, signs in and hands her the ID and says "Is this all we need to do, we would like to get to our seats and get another beer."

"Yes, Mr. Timberlake that's all."

            I am laughing... "Mr. Timberlake..."

"It's Justin but thanks." I don't know how he is pretending to be so sober. I know he isn't.

            He slaps my ass as we are walking into the reserved seating section. I jump and run to get out of his reach but he catches up, he is holding me as if he never wanted to let go. I loved how affectionate he always was with me. Kia was behind us and she says to Steve, "I love how happy they are together. She is truly happy with him."  Steve agrees and I turn around and look right at her and smile to let her know I heard her.

            There was an opening act, which I don't remember who it was. However before Rascal Flatts came on I had sobered up a little. I could focus on everything around me. As the lights go down the roar of the crowd is unbelievable. I whisper in Justin's ear, "That feeling must never get old." He leaned over and said, "It never does. You will feel it soon."

            The first couple songs had gone by and they were all walking around the stage now. It was in between songs. I see Jay walk right in front of us he is in a serious conversation and stops dead in his tracks, points at me... I think and say out loud, fuck. "What are you doing in Burgettstown?" I gesture like I have no clue what he is talking about. Then Jon Don sees that it's me and goes... "Ladies and Gentleman we have a very special guest in the house tonight, Melissa Roberts, oh and Justin Timberlake is here as well." Everyone seemed too gasped at that moment. Suddenly there were twenty thousand people staring at the back of our heads. I shake my head and they realize that I want them to continue with their show, take the focus off of me and Justin. I had turned red, I was so embarrassed.

            After the amazing show we stayed behind. Security had circled around us. The crowd was not leaving. They all wanted to meet Justin. Finally they escorted us all backstage. That was the moment that I thought it was going to get out of hand, I was apologizing to Justin. I wasn't doing so well with him being just normal but it all ended well.

Chapter End Notes:

I will have the next chapter up later today. I had some extra time this morning at work to edit both these chapters!

Oh the drama that is about to come into their world. I can't wait to post those chapters!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story