I step out of the room and Kia and Stacy are standing there. Kia says "Damn girl, that dress is smokin' on you. You look amazing."

I smile and say thanks. I felt sexy in the dress so I'm glad at least one person thought so, even if it was a friend that said it to make me feel good.

See my friends were all thin and gorgeous. Kia was this petite gorgeous woman. She had that dark complexion that everyone wished for, the flawless brown hair that just looks like she stepped out of a salon every day. She may complain about not having any boobs, but the girl's got the booty. She is the person that would give you the shirt off her back if you really needed it. She is the friend, most like me. She was my other half, my dearest friend. Steve is one of my best friend's in the world. He is Kia's husband, however I knew Steve before Kia. He is the most gracias yet straight forward person you will ever meet. He is the hot guy, perfect for Kia right? He has the perfectly toned body, goes to the gym every other day; he is content with his life not changing at all. He likes a routine. Stacy has the beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes. She would make you turn back to see her again. She is the type of person that once she makes up her mind; regardless of what it is, she is going to do it. But getting her to that point is the issue. She needs to be entertained at all times, which irritates most people. Her husband is Mike. I met while he was playing in local band that we would see frequently in any bar we would go to. He is the tall lanky one. He is the quiet one that just goes with the flow of everything. If Mike is upset or angry, you know that it is worse than you could ever imagine.

We jump in a cab and head down to the chapel. I sit quietly thinking to myself. I never thought I would be the last person to get married. I honestly thought I would marry someone right out of high school and live happily ever after, boy I was wrong about that one. My father died when I was almost two. I grew up in a household where my mother really never loved my dad, they were just together. I could feel the tension in the household every day. I saw the heartache it caused my mother, I learned from her choices or so I thought. I told myself I would never trust a guy like that. She left him when I was nearly fifteen; it clearly was the best choice she had ever made. It didn't matter though, the damage was done. I was headstrong and guarded beyond belief. The first guy I ever really dated, used me, and broke my heart. I changed a lot after that relationship. I didn't date, at all. It was nearly three years later that I had met a guy that I could attempt to trust again. He was a great guy, had a great family, only one major point that didn't fit, he didn't love me. We were together two years, and on the way home from visiting his sister for the weekend he said he wasn't in love with me. He never did love me. He had lied the entire time. He had found someone else that made him happy. That was the last guy I dated. I thought at this point I was never going to trust someone again. It's been two years and I'm now at the age where I finally want to settle down, get married, have a house, and just live happily ever after. However I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think I could ever trust someone else. There is a lot I want for my life and it seemed that this was a part that may never change.

I snap out of my thoughts by the sounds of car horns. A long white stretch escalade limo with the words "Just Married" on the back window was in front of us. This really was Vegas. I find it surprising that people actually get married here. Not just go down to the chapel in our jeans at 4am, drunk, and get married. They really do plan weddings here.

We walk into the chapel and there is Mya standing in her white gown, it was floor length, strapless, covered in lace and beading. It was beautiful to say the least. She had her bouquet in hand, different shades of red and pink roses. She has her something barrowed, a necklace from her sister, who couldn't make it. Something  blue, her hair clips. Something old, a ring that is pinned inside her dress which belonged to her grandmother. Something new, her dress. I notice that Tyler is ready as well, in his classic black tuxedo. I can't believe they are really going to do this. I guess whatever makes them happy.

 I knew Mya in high school. We were close for many years. Then she went off to the army I seen her maybe once a year, she decided to come home last year. My friends have really accepted her in to our little gang. I have only known Tyler since he has been with Mya, four months I guess. Tyler grew up in Texas, moving to Pittsburgh a couple years ago to work for the Pittsburgh Steelers athletic department. He hopes one day to become athletic director. I was with Mya the night that she met Tyler. We were at a bar in Pittsburgh following a football game that we attended. It was the first game I had actually ever gone to. I knew when she met him that there was an instant attraction; however I never imagined being at the wedding in four months. They just met. I still wasn't convinced they should get married but that's my own craziness on relationships.

Mya's older brother and one of her younger sisters were already sitting in the chapel with Mya's mother and step-father. Tyler's parents had both died years ago in a car accident; he was raised by his grandmother who died last year. His older brother and younger sister were sitting next to Mya's family.

The ceremony was beautiful, full of tears on their part. Maybe this will last.

During dinner we were still throwing out ideas of where to go. Once again, California was brought up. I was going to suggest that we go to California, but then the perfect idea popped into my head. I blurted "Cancun." Everyone looked blank and without hesitation they all agreed.

Kia loved the idea. "That's perfect. We have all wanted to go for years. This is our chance."

Stacy was mumbling something to Mike then finally said "How much is this going to cost us?"

Steve chimed in "They refunded our entire trip package money. How much could it cost to get a condo or something like that for five days? We could all crash in one condo. We have done it before."

"It's perfect. I will go find out if this is really an option for us." I was excited.

I went to the laptop and luckily there was a flight going out in the morning. I yelled into the other room, "Do you think 10:35am is too early in the morning to fly out? Do you think our drunken asses will be up for that flight?"

Mike who is the quiet one chimes in, "You bet your drunken asses we will be up for that flight, were going to fucking Mexico."

I informed them that a three bedroom condo is just about the price we were going to pay to stay here in Vegas. We booked the flight and the condo. I thought to myself. We were really going to Cancun. Now this is a great vacation.

After the dinner we are hitting the Vegas strip, instead of having a small reception they had decided we would go to a bar. Tyler had arranged for us to go to Pure, one of the hottest nightclubs in Las Vegas. The crowd there was already in the mood to party! We rolled into the club in our wedding attire and were ready for some drinks. There were celebrities everywhere you turned. We found out that there was an award show earlier in the day and that this was where one of the after parties was. I am not quite sure how we got in tonight but I'm glad we did. We head to the bar and the night has begun. No one is paying for anything. The tab is on them tonight. Steve, Kia, and I all at the same time said, "Fuck yes!"

The after party was being thrown by none other than Justin Timberlake. However I don't think I saw him there at all. I was the biggest fan of Justin Timberlake and ‘NSync for that matter. I grew up kind of obsessed. I wasn't a crazy stalker, but I watched everything they were on, bought everything under the sun, and went to the concerts. I actually took Mya to her first concert, which was Justin Timberlake. I was excited; maybe I would get to meet him. I wasn't that crazed fan anymore. I still enjoyed his music and concerts but I had grown up in the last ten or fifteen years. I respected the artist that he was. He must have had some V.I.P room or just not there because I never saw him. I was really drunk most of the night so I may have seen him and it not known it. The night is kind of a blur.

Back at the suite, we decide that we need to be in the pool. It overlooked the entire city. Even as drunk as I was, I would never forget that view. I stood near the edge of the balcony simply taking in the view. The last time I looked at the clock it said 4:44am. There was really no point in going to bed at all. We had to be up and packed for the airport in a couple hours.

Packing up a suitcase is very hard to do still drunk. Luckily I didn't have my suitcase long enough to take much out of it. Our flight was on time, the sun was shining, the day was looking better. I called my mother from the airport this time. I actually remembered to call her. I had to leave her a message. "Hi mom, I'm at the airport. Our flight leaves in about twenty minutes. We decided to go to Cancun, were not staying in Las Vegas. After all the trouble it was here, we want to start our vacation over again. I will call you when we land. I don't know how my reception will be there; it should be fine you just never know. Love ya!"

At breakfast I felt pretty bad, I had drunk way too much last night. However I wasn't Stacy who is running to the bathroom every five minutes. I had a slight headache from not sleeping but nowhere near what she was feeling. We all looked like we had a very rough night.

Finally our flight is boarding. Our seats are split up. There were four seats together and one separate towards the front. Mike said he would take it because he was going to sleep anyways and I said no that it's ok, I would sit by myself. I knew Stacy, she would never agree to that. I would probably sleep anyways. I would be the singled out one again. We all get on the plane and settle into our seats. I pull out my camera from last night. I haven't looked at any of the pictures yet. There are pictures from the entire day on there. I figure this will occupy my time for a while. The first images are from the wedding, dinner, the bride and groom and then the bar. They start off really great. I was intoxicated at this point but I wasn't falling all over the place kind of drunk. There were pictures of me with about thirty celebrities. Now that I see the pictures I remembered meeting all of them. There are pictures of Kia and me in front of the red carpet sign that said "The After Party - Justin Timberlake'. At the moment I get to the ‘After Party' pictures I realize that there is someone now sitting next to me. I look over, smile and glance back down at my camera. Feeling like I had seen someone I knew I look back up. He says, "Hi, I'm Justin how are you this morning?"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story