Author's Chapter Notes:
I feel like everyone has lost intrest in this story. I am still working on it.
 

All morning I have heard Justin repeat himself at least twenty times. He wanted to play a round of golf. He was in South Carolina and wanted to go to one of his favorite golf courses. As much as I had really wanted to spend the day with him, I had too much to do. I had scheduled sometime in the studio this afternoon before the show. He put on his sad, pouting face and I finally caved in, but I was going to make him go to the studio with me later. That was such a harsh punishment for him.

I never imagined how difficult it was for Justin to do simple things. He can't even pull out of his driveway in L.A. for Christ sakes. When we arrived to the golf course there was press surrounding the place. Seriously this wasn't entertaining; he was unloading the golf clubs and walking into the country club. I guess I will never understand the fascination. We were in South Carolina for crying out loud. Where did these people come from, were they following us on tour now?

Other than spending time with Justin today I was excited about the golf cart and the beer. They let you have them both at the same time, how great is that! Justin said that I was going to play with him, but I didn't see that happening because I was never going to get the hang of golf.

Halfway through the course I actually was enjoying myself. I was terrible at golf but it was relaxing and it was fun, in its own way. Justin seemed to be having a great time and was simply happy that I was having a good time. I still have to say the golf cart was the best part, ok maybe I take that back. The making out against the golf cart at the ninth hole was the best part of the whole day.

The studio was very productive. I literally walked in there and recorded a song from start to finish in just a few hours. That doesn't happen too often. I guess that means the song was meant to be. I had been so focused on what I was doing that I missed a phone call from Kia. I returned her call but all I got was a voice mail. We have been playing phone tag for an entire week. I really missed my best friend.

I could hear the phone ringing from inside booth. I literally bolted out of there to talk to her. I needed some kind of normalcy that only she could offer.

"Hello!!"I was out of breath and attempting to be cool and collected.

"Hey Sugar, finally we catch each other."

"I know it has been crazy the last couple weeks for me. Schedule is ridiculous, but I'm not complaining.... yet."

"I am excited we will get to see you on Monday. Finally you will be home for a couple days."

"I'm happy to finally get to see everyone again. Let's hope it isn't a repeat of the last trip home." I will never go home again if it turns out bad.

"We had so much fun at that concert."

"We had a blast that night... but the night before is what I am referring to."

"Oh the Jessica thing, honey she isn't going to be anywhere near that venue. Don't worry about that."

"I talked to Bob, he said he was coming. She is his wife after all."

"Well, soon to be ex-wife."

"What?" I was shocked. I never thought they would separate.

"He left her a couple weeks ago. His suspicions were correct, she was cheating."

"Wow, I had no clue. I mean I had heard she cheated before but I thought things were better. He didn't say anything and I talked to him last week." Makes me think that the events of my last trip home were her trying to hide something.

"He seems fine about all of it. He just moved out and filed for divorce. She tried to say that nothing was going on but Bob said he walked in on, literally walked in on them and turned around and walked out of the house."

"I don't think I could have done that. I am sure I would have started pounding on someone."

"Yea, me to but he is doing okay and is out making his rounds again."

"Well good for him... enough about them. What do you want to do when we get in town?"

"Honestly I am good with just hanging out." Did Kia just say, she wanted to hangout? Who was I  talk to.

"Maybe we could go out after the show? There are plenty of bars on the strip?"

"Can you two go out anywhere and not be accosted?"

"Well we can arrange for something. I really hate to cut this short my I am getting the evil eye from Justin. He is starving and we have to finish something before we leave."

"Go feed the growing boy. Love you, seen you soon!"

 

****

"Where are we right now?" The bus driver has really hated today. I was a little anxious to get to the venue. Finally we pass a sign that says, Pittsburgh exit 2 miles. I started doing the happy dance down the isle of the bus. Justin seems very tired today and I have way too much energy for him.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Just tired, I never sleep well on the bus."

"I'm sorry if we would have stayed at the hotel last night and drove out here this morning you would feel like this."

"It's fine, I will take a nap at the hotel."

Great now I feel bad that I made him sleep on the bus. I just wanted to see everyone. I was excited. I don't normally get excited about going home to Ohio. This was a new thing for me. Plus there was something special planned for this show. I was going to preview the single and I was going to cover a song that was fitting. Plus there was something special for my mom. I had been rehearsing with the band the last week trying to get these simple performances down. I had to make sure it was going to be good because all my friends and family were going to be at this show. Having everyone here in Pittsburgh was pretty amazing.

I step off the bus and yell "Home Sweet Home". Meredith goes into the hotel and checks us all in. It was roughly nine in the morning so there was time to take a nap and get ready for the day ahead of us. We walk into the hotel and the manager comes up to us and says, "The city of Pittsburgh has welcomed you with open arms. I hope you stay he is pleasant and everything that we can offer. Thanks for choosing us to stay with." We chuckled to ourselves because we don't choose the hotels. They are already chosen and booked when the tour starts.

We jump on the Elevator. Someone behind us goes. ‘Oh my god!' I still have to laugh because it is funny but it is something I would have done myself if I would have saw Justin in a random place. But this person is now saying, "Oh my god, Melissa is that you?" I turn to see who it is. I am near my hometown so maybe I do know someone that lives here.

"Holy shit, Heather?"

"Yes. Oh my god. I had to no idea you were staying in this hotel.... I am just shocked. We haven't talked in a very long time. Life has really made us go in to many different directions."

"It really has. When you moved, we really lost contact."

"I know I never wanted that. You were my best friend in the world."

"Life happens.... I'm sorry this is my boyfriend Justin. Justin this is Heather, one of my oldest and dearest friends."

"It's nice to meet you. I am glad that I have finally got to meet you. Who knew it would be in a hotel in Pittsburgh of all places."

            I turned to Justin and told him to go ahead and head to the room and get some sleep. I knew that is what he wanted to do and I would join him in a few minutes.

"So, how are you?"

"I am doing ok, but let's go back a few steps. Justin Timberlake? How in the world did that happen?"

"By chance actually."

"What a chance that was. Where? When?"

"I was in Las Vegas for a wedding. My friends and I left there and went to Cancun. Well by some miracle he ended up sitting next to me. We ended up getting to know each other on the plane, we instantly clicked and honestly from that day forward we have been together."

"It's funny how life throws things at you. I guess that's what I get for living on an Army base for the last five years. So other than having the uber famous boyfriend what are you doing now?"

"Actually a bunch of things. I have an album that is going to release in a couple months that I have worked my tail off on. I have a line for William Rast that will debut in September."

"What? I am so happy that you have finally put your voice where it deserves. You have wanted to design clothing for as long as I can remember. That is an extreme goal you have accomplished there."

"Well it hasn't released yet. So who knows what it will do..." I had faith that it was going to do big things but in this business, you never really know. "Enough about me, what is going on with you? How is that baby of yours?"

"She isn't a baby anymore. She is now seven and bigger than ever. She is at home with my mom in Washington. We are here for business with Sean."

"How is Sean doing?"

"He is wonderful. We finally got married and we are actually expecting a baby in February."

"Wow, congratulations." A baby... "Are you guys coming to the show tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? We didn't know, I'm sorry we don't have tickets."

"I can handle that. If you want to come, let me know or my assistant Meredith know and we will have it arranged that there be tickets waiting for you at the gate."

"You are still so wonderful. I miss you. I will talk to Sean but I am pretty sure we can come."

"Well I am going to run. Justin is probably waiting on me to sleep. We drove here all night and we both are really tired. Hopefully I will see you at the show. If not it was great running into you. Take care."

            She had really changed. She would have never given up on everyone around her, especially from her parents. I hope that I don't end up like that. I understand moving on and making a life for yourself but it is very hard to just simply cut everyone out. I guess that was just how I thought. I don't know what I would do without my mom, Kia, Steve, or Stacy. I just wasn't sure life would be complete without them in my life.

****

"HEELLLLOOOOO SSUGGARR!!!" I hear Steve from the other side of the city block. I am so antsy. It really hadn't been that long since I saw them but I miss everyone.

"Damn girl, you look skinny." I love hearing that from someone that is a freaking toothpick.

"Hush your mouth Kia. I am not that skinny."

"No, you are really skinny. Like you lost twenty pounds, but you didn't have twenty to lose."

"I have no idea what you are talking about because I eat like you wouldn't believe now."

            Spending quality time with these people really made me think that all the stressing that I was doing over this line was not something to really complain about. They had real problems that they were dealing with. Steve is on the verge of losing his job. The company had been bought out and they were downsizing. Anyone that has been there less than ten years was more or likely going to be asked to leave the company. I felt so bad for them. There wasn't a lot I could do for them. Other than give them money but I knew that they would never accept it.

            We shut down an entire restaurant for dinner. My mom and step dad had arrived with my older brother, his daughter, and his girlfriend, along with my younger brother and his girlfriend. I knew they would arrive late. My life has always revolved around people being late. My older sister's were all there. I had half sisters that lived in Cleveland that came all the way down to Pittsburgh for this dinner and the show. How great were they? Having my entire family and extended family meet Justin meant so much to me. I never introduce any of my boyfriends to my family. It's a personal thing. They don't get that privileged that often.

            My friends from everywhere were here as well. Of course Steve and Kia were front and centered. Stacy and Mike finally arrived, late of course. Bob was here with his son but without the Mrs. The room had been full of family and friends along with some crew and dancers. We invited everyone but some of them haven't made it in town yet.

            As dinner is about to be served Justin grabs my hand and stands up to speak.

"I want to first off thank everyone for coming today. This is something that Melissa has wanted to do for a very long time, but our schedules have been kind of crazy. So we are glad everyone could come today. I know that I am a stranger to all of you but I wanted to make sure they you were all aware of how much this woman means to me..." He paused for a minute trying to go back to the moment. "I walked onto that plane looking for some vacation time. I needed to get away from everyone and everything. My personal life had been shattered to pieces and I was finally putting it back together. I wanted to breathe for a little while, but little did I know that she would breathe the life back into me. For the first time in very long time, I am truly happy. I love this woman more than anything in the world. I am beyond proud of her for being the person she is, for the work that she has done with William Rast, and the amazing job she has done on her album. I can't wait for you all to hear it. Anyways I just wanted to thank everyone for coming, I hope you have a great time!"

Now that there wasn't a dry eye in the room, I stood to speak. "Wow, I have to follow that?" everyone chuckles, I guess that's what I am here for. "Thank you, everyone thank you so much for coming. I have missed everyone so much. This is just a small thank you for standing beside me as I ventured into a different life..." I paused because the door opened. In walked Aaron. I smiled, I was glad he decided to come. He thought it would be a bad decision because he didn't know how Justin would react. I demanded that he come, and everything was fine. He mumbles "Sorry" and sits down. "I am not going to stand up here and give a big speech but I wanted to thank everyone for coming and I hope you have a great couple days here in Pittsburgh and enjoy the show. And to Justin, what's funny is, you are the one that breathed the life back into me. You made me see that there really are good people left in this world and made me believe in finding your ‘other half". I love you."

            I sit down and everyone begins to eat and Justin stands and walks down to Aaron. Aaron stands and Justin reaches out and shakes his hand and hugs him. I sit a couple seats down from this and I am just watching them. Justin says, "Thank you for being there for Melissa. She really needed someone and you were there for her. She needed you. I appreciate everything that you did for her." Aaron nods his head then says, "Anytime. She is an amazing girl and she deserves to be happy. I knew the moment she told me about you, and not even knowing who you really were, I knew that you were someone important to her. I saw the pain she went through with Matt so I knew that someone had to be there with her or to help her see that there were men in the world that weren't Matt. Thank you for treating her the way you do."

Justin laughs and says, "Man I thought I only had to worry about Steve kicking my ass if I screwed things up with her, now I have to worry about Aaron as well." Everyone laughs and I say, "My friends love me."

Chapter End Notes:
If I can get the next chapter edited I will get it up this weekend.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story