Thud. I felt my heart hit the floor, I was sure of it. Picking up my chin and my heart, I look over again I know I saw who I think I saw.

Again he says, "Hi, I'm Justin, how are you?"

"I'm Melissa, It's really nice to meet you and sorry I'm actually not doing so well this morning."

"What could possibly be wrong with someone as beautiful as you?"

"Well"... if that wasn't a line I had heard before... "Let's just say, I was at a party last night, drank until nearly five this morning and now I'm on a plane." I pause and turn towards him with the confused look on my face "I was... actually at your party last night."

 "Really?" he says, "And how do I know you? Are you sure it was my party? I'm sure I would remember a face like yours there."

 "Calm down killer. I'm not real sure how I ended up at your party, well I know how but I don't know how we got into your party." I began to ramble. "I came out to Vegas for a friend's wedding. We ended up going to a bar instead of having a reception. The groom arranged for us to go to Pure. We found out later that it was an after party for the award show. How come if it was your party, I didn't see you there?"

"I was there most of the night. My security won't let me do much anymore. There have been some recent events that have led me to being on strict lockdown but I had a private room and I pretty much stayed in there the entire night. If I wouldn't have stayed in that room I would have to deal with them following me around all night. I honestly think a big security guy stands out more than I ever would." He laughs. "I try to make it easy and comply with what they need to do."

 "Are you headed to Cancun on vacation as well?"

"Yes, well I am going to film what's left a music video then the rest of the time here I am on vacation. A well deserved vacation.

"Music, finally there is new music. It's been a long time."

"It has. I feel bad for my fans; they always stand by me, even though I take way too much time off between records."

"Sometimes you need inspiration. Inspiration doesn't come without pain and changes..."

            He gets quiet as if he doesn't want to touch on that. I respect his wishes and slump into my seat. I assumed that he was done talking.

"How was your trip to Las Vegas? Was it everything that Vegas is supposed to be?"

I guess he wasn't finished talking. " Well it's been a hell trip to Vegas, long story short, our plane had mechanical issues,  we sat in Arizona for a couple hours, changed planes, they lost my luggage, our hotel reservations were lost, and I spent nearly $400 on a dress and shoes for a wedding that lasted ten minutes. So let's just say I'm glad we decided to leave Vegas." I didn't think I babbled as much in my entire life. "Cancun was a decision made at dinner last night. I'm beyond excited to leave Vegas." I really need to think about not rambling so much. I sound like a fool.

 "Wow, I guess it's a good thing I had your bar tab last night" He joked. "I'll send you a bill."

"I will give you an address." I said jokingly.

 "Where are you from?"

"Ohio. Born and raised, actually about an hour north of Pittsburgh, PA. I know you have been there before. I am one of those people that always say they are going to get out of that town, but here I am 26 years old and I'm still there." I laugh. "Sometimes you just get stuck; I wish I could get unstuck." I laugh at myself knowing that didn't really make any sense.

"I have been to Pittsburgh a dozen or so times. The crowd I have always gotten there have been fantastic. I remember the Pittsburgh shows being very loud."

"Yea, that was my big mouth." I turn red thinking I shouldn't have said that. I was making myself look stupid. I needed to just calm down and talk to him.

He was full of questions, "So, do you have proof you were at my party. I want pictures."

 I pulled out my camera and said, "Actually there is like a hundred pictures from last night on my camera, we are not camera shy at all. There's pictures of me with maybe every celebrity that was at your party except you. I even have a picture with Trace. Which I'm surprised he isn't with you now."

 "He has a girlfriend. When he has someone new he is so wrapped up in them he forgets I exist. However Trace gets sidetracked very easily. He goes through woman very quickly. It usually only happens for a couple weeks. This time next week he will be back to normal." He starts going through the pictures, "Damn girl you did get around that party. I wish I would have seen you."

My phone is vibrating. Who could be calling me? Kia sent me a text message.

‘You are being too friendly with the person sitting next to you. Don't trust anyone.'

I sent a reply back, ‘Justin Timberlake is sitting next to me!!'

"Who?"

"You know.... ‘I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK'."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Seriously."

‘Seriously???'

 I replied with a happy face. Then I turned around and she is trying to jump out of her seat to make sure I wasn't lying. She wouldn't know who Justin was by seeing him, she only knew a couple of songs because I had forced her to listen to them over the years. She looks more shocked than I was. I sent her a message ‘Don't make a scene, they will make him move.' She seems happier about him sitting next to me than I am.

Justin turns to see what is going on. He sees my idiotic friends making a fool out of themselves trying to see what I was doing.  I explain to him that my friends are sitting way in the back and she was just checking on me. Making sure that the crazy person sitting next to me that won't stop talking to me isn't going to kidnap me. He takes my phone and sends a message. ‘This is J. I have her under control, don't worry. I may return her, if you're lucky.'

Sitting comfortably back in my seat, I really want to sleep. I still had the headache that seemed to be getting worse. He takes my camera which was laying on my lap and starts taking random pictures of the seats, flight attendants, people sleeping, me, and himself. "Come here; let's get a picture of us, since you took one with everyone else last night." After like ten pictures we finally got one that he likes. I say, "I look like shit, I have had three hours of sleep and I'm on a plane but it will have to do."

Even though I wasn't a high maintenance person, I never left the house with my hair and makeup not done. I had last night's hair and makeup. My hair that was slightly straight with waves from the hot rollers. I had planned on throwing it up in a ponytail but I had forgotten. I really wish I would have now.

Through the whole flight we make jokes and laugh. It was like it was just a human being; he wasn't the ‘Justin Timberlake' with the celebrity ego or anything. He was sweet and genuine.  I was happy to have met him and had this time with him. Then he did something I wasn't expecting.

"I would like to get your phone number and take you to dinner."

Surprised by request I didn't even hesitate I just gave it to him. As we are walking off the plane he calls my phone, "I wanted to make sure you gave me the right number. As soon as I get in town I have to be at the video shoot, but I will call you. I promise we will get together. I had a great time talking to you."

Smitten me says, "I had a great time talking to you as well. If you don't call, I will understand you're busy. It was nice talking with you."

"I will call you. I promise."

I have heard guys say that before. So I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't call. After all I did get to spend the last hour talking to Justin Timberlake. I could live with that.

Kia and Stacy nearly knock me down trying to get to me fast enough, "That was seriously Justin Timberlake, and he was freaking macking on you hard core."

Stacy chimes in, "He is freaking hot, is he staying in town?"

"Yes, he is going to be here the entire time we are in town. He said he wants to have dinner with me." I turn a shade of pink.

Steve says, "He wants to do more than have dinner with you. He was a piece of my sugar." I turn red now.  Steve is like my older brother. He is always trying to protect me. I love him dearly for that, and yet it's another reason he never knows when I'm talking to a new guy. He will chase them away before I can decide if I like them or not. I respected him for trying to protect me.

I had to change the subject very quickly. "Let's go see if my luggage made the trip." I said thinking if my luggage seriously isn't here I'm going to scream. Everything made it this time. Everything about Cancun was starting off perfect.

We get to the condo and it's right on the beach. It was beautiful scenery all around us. Steve, Kia, and I opted to shower and head straight to the beach. I figured I would put on sunscreen and take a nap there. Mike and Stacy stay in the room because it's too hot and they won't be able to take a good nap out there. We were on vacation, in Mexico, why would you want to stay in the room? We head down to the beach. Being here was paradise.

I slept for nearly an hour. Then I was up and ready to go. I couldn't sleep away vacation. I headed to get us some drinks and I hear someone behind say, "What are you following me now? Do I have to get my bodyguard to take you down?" I turn and realized its Justin. I smile and say "Actually yes, I couldn't stand to be without you for more than an hour. I was going through withdraws. I had to track you down." He thought it was funny. Then I said "That is our condo right behind you. So technically, I think you are following me."

He informed me that this was the location for his video shoot. How ironic. He asked if I wanted to join him on the set. I went, come on now it's Justin Timberlake, and I get to hear the new track. I was going. Being on set was the coolest thing I have ever seen. It's great to see everything come together. To see how much work and detail goes into a very short four minute video.

Once the video was done I told him I had to get back to my friends. I wanted to shower and get ready for dinner then I thought we were going to attempt a bar tonight. He said to let him know what we decided to do. I still hadn't figured out why he would want to hang out with us, maybe he wanted a level of normalcy for a couple days.

The restaurant that was just down the street from our condo. We were trying to stay in walking distance so we wouldn't have to find a cab and find our way back. There was a bar inside, so I text Justin and told him where we were. It was a new restaurant, it had only been open nearly six months, but was drawing in big crowds. I never expected him to actually show up.  However Justin arrived about an hour and a half later. I had already had a few drinks. Ok, I lied. I may have had six by the time he got there.

There was karaoke going on. My friends and I are suckers for karaoke. The DJ was asking people to sing different things. Mike got called up and sang "Pour Some Sugar on me." It's funny because we were not choosing these songs. The DJ was picking them for you. Steve has called me ‘Sugar' for years, it was a joke that he started while on vacation about six or seven years ago. The Dj said, "Ok now, I need someone to sing a country song, an older country song, come on, someone can do it. So I agreed to do it. The Dj chose, ‘Please Come to Boston" the version by Reba McEntire. I have always loved that song however this wasn't originally a country song, it was a pop song by Dave Loggins. It is a song that can make you cry or make you happy at the same time. Everyone can relate in one way or another. I thought I was Reba McEntire attempting to belt out that song. I was singing the line, ‘I'm the number one fan of the man from Tennessee' as he walked into the bar area. He was wearing an almost sheer William Rast tee and khaki shorts. He was even hotter than I ever thought before... it's an instant turn on for me when a guy dresses sexy without even trying. He was way too hot for me. He was so out of my league. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. Everyone turned their head to see him. He was after all, Justin Timberlake.

 I came off stage and he hugged me and said, "You didn't tell me you could sing"

"I can't, I just pretend that I can." I threw him a flirty little smile with a wink.

Chapter End Notes:

Any reviews good or bad are highly appriciated. I am not a writer so I would rather know what people think of it before I waste more time on this story!

I have almost 15 chapters finished. I am going through and editing the chapters and I will post them!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story