Walking through the airport at JFK was a nightmare. The paparazzi were crazy in New York, it always is but it seems worse this time and Justin has spent most of the time walking through the airport on the phone. I just wanted to run as fast as I could to get out of there. He held onto my hand and made sure that I was safe but it was a scene I wanted out of.

"...When is the wedding? Is JC's fiancé pregnant? Where is your baby momma Justin? Melissa how do you feel about having you first #1 single?..."

            What? Did I just hear them correctly? I was number one? That couldn't be true. They usually yell random things, but that was really random. I get in the SUV that awaits us and I pull out my blackberry and get on the internet. Just as I am about to log onto the billboard website Justin turns to me and says, "How does it feel to have the #1 song in the country?"

I froze in time, staring at him. "I'm sorry what?"

"I was on the phone with Johnny when he found out. You are number one in the country. ‘Finding Your Own Way' is #1!"

"Shut up? Are you serious?"

"Your # 1 babe... #1!" He throws up his pointer finger make the #1 sign.

"The single has only been to radio for like... two weeks. How is that even possible? I checked last week and it debut at like #76 or something like that."

"Melissa..." He grabs a hold of my face, cupping my chin in his hands. "You are .... #1! We have to celebrate... My girl has the #1 song in the country." He kisses me, "I love you, congratulations." I seriously didn't know how to react to the news. I guess I never expected it to do so well. I was ecstatic when I found out it was #76. I did a happy dance in the office at home by myself, but I didn't want to jinx it so I didn't say anything.

            Once we get into the apartment I turned on the laptop and checked the charts. I start screaming when I actually saw it on the screen. There it was for me to see with my own eyes..."Oh my god. I'm fucking number one.... number one... I'm number... one." I sit down and rub my hands over my face. "I'm number one." I start to cry.

Justin kneels down in front of me, "You are number one. Congratulations, you have earned it."

"Thank you. Thank you for helping me get to this point."

"I had nothing to do with this. This is all you..."

I interrupt him, putting my finger over his mouth. "Let me for one moment thank the wonderful man in front of me for everything he has done for me. Let me give praise where praise is due. Without you, none of this would be possible. You are so amazing, I love you more every moment I have and every breathe I breath. I love you!"

 

****

 

            "JUSTIN!!!" JC comes storming through the apartment. I hear him yelling in the kitchen area but I didn't expect what was going to happen next.

            As I stand in only my bra and panties the door flies open, "Oh my god... I'm sorry." His face turns beat red. He is frozen for a second then shuts the door and standing outside of the door I hear him say, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to see you... in... just your panties. I thought this is where Justin was saying he was at."

            I am laughing because I thought it was funny, but he was humiliated. "JC, it's ok. I wasn't naked." Then I mumbled to myself, ‘just damn near it'.

            After I finished putting on my clothes I walk out into the living area where Justin and JC have plopped themselves down onto the couch watching TV.

Justin smirks and says, "Well I see you found some clothes. Ain't nothing like giving my best friend a show."

"Sorry I couldn't resist... He is after all JC Chasez." I wink at him, "He was an hour early. I never expected it would be him coming through our bedroom door."

"I'm not worried. I was just mad that it wasn't me that walked through the doors. Damn that had to be a good sight." He smacks my ass and pulls me down to sit on his lap.

"Shut up. You have seen a lot less than that many, many times."

"That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see you in just panties..." He kisses my neck then pats my butt as if it was a good game and pushed me to get up.

"Alright now... let's stop talking about this before I make you take this dress off."

I bat my eyes at him. I knew that if we didn't stop talking about sex that we would be late for JC's rehearsal dinner.

            I was still confused why JC was here and not at his own rehearsal dinner? Shouldn't he be there to set up or at least greet people as they come in? This makes me really wonder about the questions Justin had regarding this wedding. Was this something he really wanted to be doing? Or was this something on her part?

            Justin leaves the room but not before making a snide comment, "Do you think you two can be in the same room together and not have clothing removed?" I just look at him and JC gives a look of death.

With Justin out of the room I think this is my only chance to ask the question so I just do it. "I know you don't know me, even though you have seen... a lot of me..." I am laughing and he is blushing again. "... and I really don't know you that well but can I ask one question?"

"Sure, since I kind of owe you after what just happened? What's your question?"

"Why are you marrying Julia?"

A shocked look came across his face, "Wow, you just go right into the hard hitting questions don't you?"

"I don't see a reason in making small talk about nothing when I have a serious question to ask."

"I like that about you. No crap..." He pauses for a moment. "I guess I just realized one day that this was who I wanted to spend forever with. It didn't matter if we had spent a week together or ten years, I just knew."

"I respect that. If anyone can relate it's me."

"What's funny is Justin and I had a conversation about his ‘love' for you just a couple weeks after you met and I told him there is no way you could fall in love with someone in such a short time. But I was proven wrong... Sometimes you just know."

‘As long as she treats you well, and this is what you want. I am all for it. I would never want to see my boyfriend's best friend going through with something that he doesn't want to be doing... We don't know each other that well but I hope that changes. I know Justin would love to see you more."

"We are going to be living in Los Angeles, so we will have to get together more often. I would love to get to know you as well. After all I would want to be standing up at the altar when Justin marries you." JC as always just has the serious look on his face. "Can I ask you a question now?"

"Should I be scared?"

"No."

"Ok then shoot... what do you want to know?"

"Did you bring a copy of your album? You promised you would bring it for me to hear."

I had a shocked look on my face, "That is not what I expected at all." I reached into my clutch and pull out a disc. "This?"

"I'm dying to hear it. Justin has said so many great things about it." He smiles "What did you expect I was going to ask you?"

"I don't know, I just didn't think that would be the question."

"Well I have already seen what kind of panties you wear, so I have no other questions." We both laugh. This is something we will both never forget.

"Well then I guess it's time we go to you rehearsal dinner, since you are getting married tomorrow."

"Wow, I'm getting married tomorrow. Wow. That's kind of crazy."

Justin walks back into the room, "Yes, yes it is crazy. Not kind of. I remember... "

JC interrupts him "No. No stories."

            The jig is up. The press is very aware of where this dinner is going down at. We pull up to the front of the venue and Justin says, "Fuck. I hate that this happens all the time. I wanted them to have a private wedding. I guess that isn't going to happen."

            There is nothing we can do now. As we get out of the car I realize that it is a very cold night in NYC. I am so glad that I chose a slinky navy blue dress, which is next to nothing on the clothing front. I didn't expect it to be this cold yet. Justin offers me his coat but it doesn't match my dress so I opted for just walking quickly into the venue. At the door the security is tight. They are making sure every single person is on the list. I am shaking it is so cold. They even stopped Justin, I laugh at him because that never happens, ever. He loved it. He loved feeling unnoticeable for a moment in time.

Justin has his arms wrapped around me, trying to keep me warm when some from behind him yells, "Well who do we have here? Mr. I can't answer my phone calls." Justin turns around obviously recognizing the voice.

"Holy shit!" he reaches to shake their hand. "It's been quite a long time. How are you doing?"

"I can't complain that's for sure. I have spent the last five months in London working on a play."

"Wow that is great. I am sorry I haven't called. I have been very busy."

"It's ok. I understand. Who is this beautiful woman standing behind you?"

"This is Melissa, Melissa this is Lance. Which I am sure you are aware of that."

I reach out to shake his hand but he reaches out for a hug. "Honey if you are part of Justin's life you are a part of mine." He looks over at Justin, "Damn you found a good one this time and she is gorgeous. How did that happen?"

He shakes his head, "I'm not sure man. I'm not sure. She just walked into my life and made everything worth living again." The real question is how did I get so lucky.

"Well let's get in there and eat some food and drink some alcohol on JC's dime."

I turn to him and say, "Let's go!"

           

Julia turned out to be a very nice woman. I observed the way she looked at JC and how she was content standing beside him holding his hand while he talked to everyone.  She seemed to simply be in love with JC. It was a relief to Justin who was still convinced that there had to be something else for the reason they were getting married but he accepted that this was his choice and he would respect that.

The dress that I had chosen to wear to the wedding had to be thrown out because I found out that pink was her bridesmaid dress color. The last thing I wanted was to fit into her bridal party. So I opted for knee length eggplant purple color dress with a simple pair of black pumps. I walked out of the room and Justin sees the back of the dress. His jaw hits the floor.

"You like?" I asked.

"I... I..." He takes my hand and spins me around. "I'm... speechless."

"That's the perfect answer." I kiss him on the cheek. He pulls me closer and really kisses me. The deeper the kiss the more I want more so I have to pull back. They man drives me crazy. "You don't look so bad yourself. I love a man in a suit. Very sexy!" I smack his ass.

"Thanks babe." He can't stop looking at me, "I love all the cut outs that expose your back and the cut out right there at the breast line. Wow... the bare shoulder... damn... bad thoughts bad thoughts... We have to go."

 

            Arriving at the St. John the Divine Cathedral Church was breathtaking. It was absolutely gorgeous. The only negative thing about this church was the paparazzi, which kept their distant for the most part due to the high security level that surrounded the building.

            JC stood at the altar in his Dolce & Gabbana classic black tux. When the doors finally opened and Julia started to walk into the church, I looked back at JC who was standing there with the biggest smile on his face and tears in his eyes, I knew at that moment that this was exactly what he wanted. I take Justin's hand into mine and put my head on his shoulder and he kisses my forehead. She looked stunning in her ivory floor length Vera Wang gown. It was very simple yet very elegant.

            For the very first time, Justin and I shared the dance floor for a slow dance. We haven't been to a formal event together that allows us to be in that moment. He reaches for my hand and asks me to dance. He wraps those wonderful arms around my waist and can feel his fingers rubbing the skin where the cuts are in the back. I can feel my entire body on fire. How can someone make me feel like this with the gentlest touch?

            And if that wasn't enough the next thing to come out his mouth sends me over the edge. "I want to marry you. I want us to have our day. I want you to take my last name."

Chapter End Notes:
The next chpater is finished. I am editing it now.. So it may be up tonight!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story