Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok. Here is the next chapter....
 

 

            Thirty-Two minutes...

 

Suddenly a gorgeous man storms into the room, in nothing but a towel, which is hanging very low off his hips. "I'm here, you can stop counting the minutes now...' he is shuffling through some bags that were with my stuff. He looks over to me, "I know you were watching the time and just counting the minutes. You can breathe now... I'm here." He walks over to me and kisses me. "Did you think I wouldn't show up to my own engagement party?" We all just laugh because I just said that.

"What are you looking for?"

"Clothes. I don't think this towel is appropriate. There is going to be strangers here."

"Justin. See that black bag right there." I point over to the rolling rack, "The one that says ‘Justin Timberlake' on it. That's your clothes."

"Gosh, I love you." He kisses me again. "Ten minutes. I will be ready in ten minutes. I just have to get dressed now."

I hated being late for things. We didn't have to drive anywhere but it was still the fact that we were running late. I dipped my head into the bathroom. "How was the round of golf?"

"Great. It was nice to just relax and spend some time with my dad."

"Good. I am glad you had a great time."

"I love you." He bends down to kiss me. "You look gorgeous."

"Oh yea I am sure I do in this nice terry cloth robe, which by the way, I only have a bra and panties on underneath..."

"Exactly the way I like it, quicker access for me."

"I knew you were only marrying me for the sex."

He winks at me, "Sorry. I thought you should know before we go through with all the torture of a wedding."

 

I slip into the dress I decided on and was finally ready to begin this night. All of us are standing in the room adjusting the dresses, jewelry, and shoes when Justin walks out of the bathroom. I was certain that I was drooling all over this dress and would have to change. "Wow." That's all I could get out. Kia and Stacy were both standing there in awe of him. 

"What?" He asks then turns to look in the mirror "Does this look good?"

"Nothing babe, no you look good." I grab a hold of his hand and spin him around. "Damn..."

"Shut up. I am supposed to be spinning you around so I can get a nice look as your ass in that dress."

 "Oh no, I like this view much better." He pulls me over to him. Our bodies are pressed together, I whisper in his ear. "I can't wait to take that suit off later..." then I lick his ear just to make him want more.

"Ok, it's time for me to go downstairs..." he lets go of me, "Because if not I will be sending them two out of here and you will be changing that dress because it will be too wrinkled from laying on the floor."

"Promises..." I roll my eyes at him.

"Girl... I ... I... I'm going now." He is shaking his head no as he walks out the door.

"Woohoo baby... I like the view back there was well." I have totally reversed the rolls on him and he shakes his ass then walks down the steps.

I can see Lynn still perfecting everything, showing Rachel what to fix... It was time for them to relax and just enjoy the night. There was a reason she hired all these people to work the event. At the top of the stairs I can see the front entrance and it looks like my mother just pulled up. I was excited to see and hear her reaction about the house. I am hoping she falls in love with it.

I walk down that spiral staircase and I now see everything that Lynn has done. The entire entryway leading to the area of the dinner is lined in flowers, thousands of flowers. The scent was amazing. Everything in the room was a light shade of purple and blue. It was beautiful. I see her across the room and I mouth to her, "Thank You." She smiles and walks back into the kitchen. She must think there is something else she needs to finish.

I turn back to the door; Justin steps beside me and grabs my hand. "Let the drama begin."

He looks and me and says, "There will be no drama. I promise."

My mother looks beautiful. She has finally branched out from being a blonde all her life, bottle blonde of course, and she is now a nice shade of light brown. The color looked great on her. The classic black pants suit with the purple tank under it looked very good. I knew there wasn't a way to get her in a dress. I have never seen my step-father in a suit jacket. He looked dapper in it. My older brother looks like he was forced to wear dress pants and button down. He looks like he is in pain from wearing it. My younger brother however looks like he is embracing the swag that comes with dressing nice. Living in a small town they have never really had to dress up, other than weddings and funerals. This was all new to them. I swear sometimes I was adopted.

I get really excited when I see Trace step out of the next car, not because Trace was here, it was because he is at the other side of the vehicle opening the door for Anabelle. She looks stunning in her black cocktail dress and pink heels. So when she walked up to me I say, "It is not even right to look that stunning at someone else's engagement party!" She of course bluffed and said, "There is no way I could look better than you on any day." Awe.

There were people showing up in packs now, everyone from cousins on my side to aunts and uncles on Justin's side. I was inside mingling when my sisters and their mother showed up. They walked straight over to us and said hello. As I was talking to them I see Mya and Tyler walk through the front door. She looks pregnant. How come she didn't call me and tell me. I excuse myself and walk over to them. "Hi!'

"Hello."

"You're pregnant?"

"Yes, four months. I'm sorry I didn't call. I didn't tell anyone until a couple weeks ago. It was a rough first trimester. We had already lost a baby. Then I got the invite last week and I thought there is no better way than in person to tell you."

"You don't have to explain yourself. I'm just excited for you. Congratulations!"

"Thank you."

I show them where they need to go to sit and in walks someone I haven't seen since we randomly met him while in London on tour and he was on business. "Aaron. I have missed you!"

He rushes right past the door and through security. "Gosh it's been too long. I can't believe you are getting married... well I can believe it because well he is the right one, it's just weird."

"I know right. If I can find someone to marry me then you still have a chance!"

"I still love that sarcastic humor."

"I wouldn't be me without it. Now go get a drink, there is a ton of beer and alcohol in there."

"I knew there was a reason I stayed friends with you." He hugs me and shakes Justin's hand and then he says, "Melissa there is someone I would like you to meet." He turns and reaches his hand out to a woman that is standing graciously a couple feet behind him. "This is Nicole. Nicole this is the Melissa and Justin I talk about all the time. Finally you get to put a face to the names."

            She chuckles and says, "Actually I know who they both are, however I didn't know that this is the engagement party we were coming to. It's an honor to be here."

            I look at her and give the best friend evil glare, "Just don't hurt him. I love him too much to have him deal with any kind of pain. He deserves a good woman and that's all I will allow him to have."

            She nods her head, "I will never hurt him. You have my word."

            There is so much going on right now. Security is really tight considering the celebrities that are coming here tonight. I was surprised by who was walking through the door. Timbaland just got here. Behind him were Carrie Underwood-Fisher & Mike Fisher. Then there was JC and Julia. Lance, Chris and Joey. Great the three stooges came without their other halves. This could get interesting. Chris & Deanna Daughtry just walked in. All these people probably never knew this town was even on the map.

            Johanna, Brooke, Mandy and Meredith all show up together. I was grateful for that group of girls that I get the privileged to work with every day. Adam, Juan, Chris, Bob and Mike are right behind them. Johnny, Kevin, and Ron walk in behind them.

            Kevin immediately walks up to us, shakes Justin's hand then hugs me. "I knew the first day I saw you guys together at Madison Square Garden that you were going to make it. I just saw the love in both your eyes. I have known Justin for many... many years and I have never seen him this happy. It's amazing to finally see him happy." That was the first of many comments that were going to make me cry tonight.

            There were so many people in this one room. I wasn't sure who was who anymore. I have met a lot of Justin's family in the past but tonight it was overwhelming to meet everyone again. I was glad I got that manicure in New York the day before we left because everyone wanted to see the ring.

            We walk to the front of the room and sit at the table designated for us. Justin stands at the table to speak first. "Ladies and gentleman... and Trace." He laughs. "I first want to thank everyone for coming here to celebrate such wonder news in our lives. We appreciate everyone for flying here, driving here, or however you got here. I know that we chose to have this party in a town that most of you have never been to before however this is Melissa's hometown and we seemed to have a little more privacy here than we could have ever had at home. So needless to say we are here to celebrate the engagement of Melissa & myself. We are finally getting married! So other than saying thank you to everyone for coming, to both of our families for supporting whatever we have decided to do, I just have a few things to say. First of all I can't stand up here and personally thank each and every one of you, so simply remember that I love all of you with all my heart. Most of you have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. You have all truly been a blessing to me. Even when you think I am not thinking about you, I am.... Steve and Kia..." He looks over at them. "I walked into your lives and took your best friend away from you. I was lucky enough to have found her but I gain two of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. So I not only thank you for allowing me to keep her, I thank you for being my friend and for welcoming me in with open arms." Kia is crying, of course. "I need to thank JC, Joey, Lance, and Chris for putting up with me and all my crap over the years. Trust me they put up with a lot. I wouldn't have a career if it weren't for the four of them... and well Johnny! Now Trace, I love you man. You have been the rock for so long in my life. You have always been and continue to be the best friend someone could ask for. Speaking of friends, almost a year ago I lost a dear friend of mine in car accident." He exhales a deep breath, I grab his hand and he continues. "Sarah was one of those people that I was lucky enough to not only know her, she was one of my dearest friends. I miss her everyday and I know that she would love Melissa as much as I do. Ok maybe not as much but still." He laughs. "To my parents, who no matter what I have done, they never for one moment questioned what I was doing. I have seen a lot of highs and a lot of lows in my life and those two people sitting right there..." He points at them as he mother is crying. "They have loved and supported me through everything. I love you." Ellen and John, you have both welcomed me into your life, and accepting everything that comes along with your daughter being with me. As difficult as it is sometimes in my world, she has made it all worth living again. Thank you for bringing up such a strong woman that loves me as much as she does." He steps back and turns to look at me. "Now that I have rambled enough I have to say some things to the most important person in this room. Melissa, you have made my life complete, cheesiness and all. You complete me. I never thought I would find someone like you and I thank god everyday for you. I don't know how I got so lucky but I sure hit the jackpot. I love you more than words could ever describe. I see myself sitting next to you on our back porch swing at eighty years old and still being just as in love with you as I am right now. I love you." With the tears streaming down both our faces, I kiss him.

            Now it was my turn to speak. "Wow, I should have went first. Now I have to compose myself and attempt to say something." Breathe "I would like to start off by just saying thank to everyone. The last year or so have been challenging to say the least but everyone in this room has stood beside me one way or another to be there for me. You really learn who your friends are when your life changes as much as mine has.  I'm going to start off by thanking the people have spent most of my last year with. From Justin's band, to my band, to dancers, to the crew, being on tour with all of you was the best experience I have ever gone through. Them forcing us to be together pretty much none stop made me learn who all of you really are as individuals. I'm grateful that I get to share this experience with two of my dearest friends and they get to perform every night with me. I love each and every one of you more than you may ever know. Meredith, you really are a life saver. There are some crazy work days when you just make things run so smooth. I love ya girl. Carrie, I should be thanking your husband because if he wouldn't have left you at that table with me in NYC I wouldn't have had the privilege and honor of knowing the real you. I know we spent most of our days on different coasts but every moment we have spent together has made me love you even more. To the guys," I laugh because I see Lance bobbing his head back in forth as if he thought I would forget them "Lance, I see you... to Lance, Joey, Chris, and JC... I have only recently been able to spend some time with all of you but I know what Justin has been talking about... You are all actually crazy!" I laugh again. "But I wouldn't trade anything for the four of you. Without Mya and Tyler's wedding I don't think I would have even met Justin, so thanks for getting married." Everyone chuckles. "Without the disaster of a trip to Las Vegas, I would have never been on that plane to Cancun. Everything happens for a reason... Ok I swear I am almost done. I know I won't get to everyone but there is a couple I have to mention. Rachel... thanks for you being you and being hard on me when I first came into Justin's life. It's nice to know that there are always people trying to protect him, I love you for a lot of things and that's one of them. Lynn and Paul, I have so much to thank you both for... but I can do most of that in private. Tonight wouldn't have happened with you both working very hard on this. I thank you for putting this together, it's absolutely beautiful. Thank you for allowing me to step into your son's life and to have the chance to love him. I couldn't ask for better in laws. I love you both." Now I know the biggest ones are coming, but I have to just plow through them. "Kia & Steve, you both have been the most important people in my life for as long as I can remember. Without the both of you I wouldn't make it through a single day. I have never thought anything less than family of the both of you. I thank you for welcoming Justin into our lives and accepting everything that came with it. Just simply know that I love you more every day." That was pretty easy, now it was on to my family. "My family has always stood behind whatever choices I have made. This one was one of those decisions. I thank each and every one of you for putting up with everything you have to for me to be happy. I need to personally address my mother. My entire life you have giving up things and sacrificed a lot for us to be happy, I love you more than anything in this world. So with that, instead of a long drawn out speech I just have something to give you. You walked into this house tonight and the first words out of your mouth was, this is a beautiful house. Well I am glad to hear that because this, this house, is yours." I jingle the keys in my hand. The look on everyone's face was priceless. Jaws had dropped across the room. My mom was stunned and couldn't speak. "Justin and I purchased this house for you and John. There will be no argument over this. The deed is already in your name. The movers will be here this week to move you into this house. And thankfully I am the only person holding a microphone because I am sure she has some choice words for me right now. This house should give you the privacy you deserve and the space you have always wanted. I love you." Breathe "Justin. Love is a world I never thought would actually become a reality in my life. From the moment I met you, I just knew it was something I couldn't describe. And today, it's still indescribable however I know that I have found my other half. You had me at hello. Marrying you only makes my life complete. I don't care what tomorrow brings, as long as it's with you. I love you... I love you so much" he stands, tears in all and kisses me then whispers ‘I love you'. Whew I was glad that was over.

            Justin takes the microphone, "Ok, enough talking... thank you everyone... but let's eat!"

            Just moments after our speeches, the masses of people are served with the finest lobster, steak, and chicken that money can buy, I had to remember to yell at Lynn considering she was paying for this party, I was ready for some alcohol. I attempted to avoid my mother at all cost because I knew the speech I was going to get from her. I only last about five solid minutes, and then there she was standing next to me. Glaring at me, "Melissa"

"Yes!"

"We cannot accept this house. This is too much money."

"I said there was nothing you could do now. I already wrote the check. The deed is done. Everything is done. I want to do this for you. Please just let me do this one thing for you."

She lowers her head and finally says, "It is a beautiful house."

"It is & it's yours."

"Thank you and congratulations."

"Thanks Mom." I reach over to hug her and she says "I'm happy that you are happy. I love you."

 

            Justin finds me in the crowd of people. "Come with me, please" He takes my hands and rushes me into the kitchen. He pushes me up against the cold refrigerator and passionately kisses me. This man knew exactly how to kiss me, exactly when it needed to be simple and exactly when it needed to be rough. He hands were trailing along my face and down my neck. He was really turning me on and I knew that we couldn't possibly disappear for a while. I wanted to but we couldn't. All these people were here for us. "I love you. I just wanted to tell you I love you." Awe He melts my heart.

Chapter End Notes:

I hope everyone enjoys hearing some person things towards people because I felt it was necessary to hear what they had to say to everyone in their life.

Let me hear what you think.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story