Author's Chapter Notes:
 

This is it guys. I hope it's everything you wanted. If not let me know! Maybe a sequel with these two?

 

Happiness. Everyone seems to have a different perspective on happiness. Sometimes the smallest things in life bring you the most happiness. But sometimes, oh sometimes the big gesture is true happiness.

Happiness in its rarest form was taking place on a warm August day in Los Angeles. A studio location transformed into a seating area for four hundred and twenty two guests. All dressed in tuxedos and formal gowns sitting in those black chairs that took a month to decide on.

Delicate purple, blue, and white lilacs are scattered throughout as you enter the enormous seating area that is cover with beauty and elegance. Each black chair had the elegant neatly hand tied bow wrapped around them with a program on each individual chair. The Skylight in the roof was going to shine through the sunset as we say our vows. The wedding planner had taken my thoughts and ideas and had made them reality. The space has been created into the most beautiful wedding scene I had ever seen in my life.

I had my hair up in curlers and my makeup not done but I stood in that room and just spun around like I was five years old. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Everything was perfect.

 Marc was a genius and had done an amazing job on everyone's hair. He had done the most romantic and elegant swept back bun to my hair, it fit perfect under my veil.

The girls start to put on their dresses and I can't help but get emotional. All strapless with different cuts, an a-line skirt, soft purple that has a light blue almost purple colored sash that ties around the waist and falls in the back. The dresses look amazing on each one of them.

The guys are dressed in all black. Black suit, vest and tie, with a white shirt. They were classic, yet had a little piece of who Justin was in them.

My niece, Morgan was serving as the flower girl. Of all my nieces she was the only one that wanted to do it. She has her mini-wedding dress on, as she called it. It was the classic princess gown with the same color sash the bridesmaids had. I was the last one to put on my dress.

I slip on my shoes and stand as everyone in the room helps me get the dress on. As the side is fully zip there is a gasp from my mother and Lynn. "It's beautiful." They start to cry as I feel the water filling up my eyes. A full length drop waist gown covered in lace and diamonds. The one shoulder was a bit of sassiness that made it so me. This was it, I was going to get married.

The photos have been taken, the guests have arrived, and the stage is set. The room I'm standing in is full of friends that are willing to stand next to me as I begin a new life. As I become someone's wife.

"Are you ready to do this?" My beautiful best friend asks me.

"Yes." I had a smile from ear to ear. "Kia..."

"Mel..."

"I'm going to be Mrs. Timberlake!!" We start jumping up and down, screaming. "Ahhh!"

Kia stops jumping. "We have to stop jumping. We will mess our hair up."

"March might hurt us both if he has to redo it." I stood there staring off into space. "Oh my god. I'm going to be Mrs. Justin Timberlake..."

There was a knock at the door. I look up at the clock, it wasn't time yet. Eight Minutes. In walks Steven, who is in tears the moment he sees me. "Mel, you look stunning." He wipes his tears, "My little sugar is getting married today." He comes over to hug me. "I had all intentions on coming in here and giving a little speech, but I can't seem to find the words right now."

"How is Justin holding up? He didn't leave me here right?" I smile and try not to cry along with him.

"That man has been ready to marry you since the day he met you."

"Do you remember that day on the plane? Kia thought it was a crazy guy that was going to kidnap me."

"He did kidnap you. But luckily he has shared you with us." He takes a deep breath, "This is for you."

I look confused, "What is this for?"

"This is from Justin, the traditional gift from the groom to the bride right before they walk down the aisle."

"I'm not going to cry." I open the box to find a hand written card inside. I cup my hand over my mouth and the tears start to fall.

Two roads came together and merged into one.

No one in that room knew what that meant except me. I had to explain it to them. Underneath that note was a piece of jewelry with another note.

Today, you take my last name.

            Inside was a charm that had three diamond cursive letters, MST, my first item with my new initials on it. My ‘something new'. I pin the charm inside the dress, right next to two others that lay next to my heart. A star that belonged to Megan and the heart pendant Justin got for me so long ago.

"Kia do you have the ring?"

"I have the ring Mel, let's get you married."

            I was really doing this. I had finally found my happily ever after. The thought of that makes my life complete.

            One by one, my best friends disappear. The time had come. The doors have opened.

I stand there in my white dress full of lace, my hair swept back, and the tears in my eyes. The room is full of friends and family. My mother and Lynn crying maks me want to cry even more. Kia looks beautiful in her gown, but she is a crying mess which is typical for her. There stands Steven, all dapper in his tuxedo with tears in his eyes. Then I look to the end of the alter and see Justin standing there, looking more handsome than I have ever seen him before, waiting for me, with tears rolling down his face. Seeing him cry, was all it took.

John places Justin's hand into mine and nods his head at Justin. "Take care of my little girl." John saying I was his little girl meant so much to me, but of course it didn't help with the crying.

 I'm about to take his last name.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..."

I never saw anyone else in those moments. It was just him and I standing there saying the most wonderful things to one another. Any kind of nerves went away once I was staring directly into his eyes.

"I Melissa, take you Justin. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love, and to cherish til' death do us part..."

"I Justin, take you Melissa. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love, and to cherish til' death do us part..."

The efficient smiles at the both of us "I now pronounce you... husband and wife. Justin, you may kiss your bride."

"Finally." Justin says as he takes his hands and wraps them around my neck, cupping my chin into the palm of his hands. His lips ever so gently pressing against mine then he really kisses me, pressing his tongue past my lips. "I love you." is all I could say back.

"Ladies and gentleman, Mr. & Mrs. Justin Timberlake."

 

The walk back down the aisle was a different feeling. I was a married woman, to the most amazing man in the world.

Inside the reception area we are about to have our first dance as a married couple. Justin leans in and says, "I made an adjustment to the song!"

I look up at him with the death glare. There was one thing I was pretty stern about and it was the song for the first dance. It was the one song that I have always wanted to play at my wedding. There were many versions of this song, but there was one I was quite fond of.

The music starts to play. He takes my hand and places one around his waist and the other in his hand. Out walks Carrie Underwood, she had actually made it. She didn't say a word just starting singing the song I had picked out.

"It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart... without saying a word you could light up the dark... try as I may I could never explain... what I hear when you don't say a thing..."

The only thing he changed about this song was that Carrie was singing instead of Allison Krauss. I have to admit I loved her voice on that song.

"That smile on your face lets me know that you need me... There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me... The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall... You say it best... When you say nothing at all..."

My mother had requested to dance with Justin, but only to one song. "Mama's Song." She has happy with the one I found. He was good.

I toss the bouquet over my head and into the crowd of single ladies. I turn to see who caught the bouquet.... I smile really big at her. I am glad that she caught it. I walk over to her, "Looks like your next! Trace better step up!"

I, Melissa Roberts the stubborn girl from Ohio, had achieved more than I had ever imagined for my life. I had been successful in a career that made me happy. I had let someone in that turned out to be the love of my life. I managed to keep the ones that mattered close to me. Live was good.

 

Happiness.

 

"Word on the street is that People's Sexist Man Alive, Justin Timberlake, is officially off the market. He actually tied the knot. I guess it only took the right woman to settle him down..."

 

The End.

Chapter End Notes:
 

Thank you to everyone that continued to read this!! I feel sad having to put these two characters to rest however I think it was time. Maybe I will revisit them again but this is it for now. Maybe the feedback will make up my mind about continuing with them.

Ending the story with how it began. ‘You Never Know" what life is going to throw into you're path. It could be a simple airport disaster or it could be the love of your life.

 

Song Credit:

 "When You Say Nothing At All" - Allison Krauss (Paul Overstreet & Don Schilitz)


Completed
musicmel is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked You Never Know also liked 495 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story