Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry if this chapter feels like a filler chapter
  Monday morning started off just as any other Monday morning does for me. I am running out of the house late again. This is nothing new for me. I have worked the same time every day for nearly a decade and you would think I could have some kind of routine for getting out the door in the morning.

About a mile from work I realize that there is a car that has been following me from my house behind me. I thought it was odd but I didn't know if someone I work with lived near me. I never paid that much attention. I ignored it and through the parking lot. A guy dressed in jeans and a Rolling Stones t-shirt asks ‘How are you feeling today Melissa after your long getaway with Justin? How long have you been dating? How did he find you in this small town?' I just chuckled and kept walking. I went straight into the building and to my desk. I couldn't for the life of me think of a reason that this guy would be following me. I understood the Justin part, but me, I was nobody important.

I see this guy is now sitting outside my office window. Taking pictures of me at my desk. Why did they come all the way here just to take pictures of me? I was nobody to the world. I dealt with it for a while, but this guy had camped himself outside my window. Three hours had gone by and he was still there. Eventually I go to my human resources department and explain to my boss what's going on and now this guy won't leave. She went out there made him leave, he was on private property and he had no right to be here.

I send a text to Justin. ‘There is a psycho paparazzi that is here in town, followed me to work today. lol' He called me an hour later while I was at lunch. He couldn't believe that they actually went this far this time. He started saying he was going to send some security to be with my at all times. I demanded that he not do that. I was not going to have someone with me at all times. That would be crazier than this one guy following me.

It was a very long couple days at work, everyone stared and whispered. Some things they were saying really hurt me. I couldn't take it anymore. I have worked with most of these people for nearly six years. They all knew me. I hadn't change in the mere week I was on vacation. I couldn't understand why they thought I had become this different person.

It was finally Thursday and it was the day before I was going to meet Justin in NYC. I was checking some emails and things online then packing to leave tomorrow afternoon. I received an email from Kia with the subject that says, ‘Just A Warning... in case you have seen this yet' I was a little worried to open it. There were links to over fifty websites that had pictures of Justin and me from vacation. There were photos of me this week going to work, eating lunch, having dinner with friends, driving home from work, even pictures of me walking into my house. Going on those sites were a bad idea. There were some comments and stories that were really farfetched. The headlines basically said the same thing, ‘Justin has found his new flavor of the month, how long will this one last?' So because I thought it was all funny I called Justin, I had to leave him a voicemail. "Hey, it's just me, I guess maybe I was just the flavor of the week, I didn't even get a whole month. Call me back!" He calls me back almost immediately.

"Sorry I missed your call. I am thinking about making you the flavor of the year. Wonder if you can handle that?"

"I don't know if would want to put up with your ass for more than a week." I am laughing my ass off and it wasn't even really funny. I had had a long rough week. "So how were today's interviews?"

"I am so tired of interviews; I probably did twenty five this morning alone. I guess my PR was paying me back for not doing exactly what they wanted me to do. I bet you can't guess what the most asked question was?"

"Why did you wait so long to record an album?"

He laughed and said, "They did ask that a lot however the most asked question was.... Drum roll.... How did you meet Melissa? How is the relationship going? How is the long distance working out? I hate that these people think that who I come home to at the end of a work day is any of their business..." he paused "I wish I came home to you today, I miss you."

I got quiet. "Melissa, are you there?"

"Yes, I'm here" I was quiet again.

 In his worried voice he asks, "What's wrong?"

 "I am not good at this. I'm not good at long distance relationships. I want to come home to you at the end of a work day. I want to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. I want those normal relationship things. I know it's really soon and everything has happened so fast, I just can't shake the feeling that this isn't going to work because we are so far apart."

He assured me that we would do everything we can to make it work. "I know that we have only known each other two weeks and everything is moving fast but I feel like I have known for years. Believe me when I say this, I will do everything I can to be with you." I felt better just hearing him say that.

I went to bed early that night. I had a long day ahead of me. Work was rough again. I didn't know how long it was going to be before I blew up on the people saying things. Kia volunteered to drive me to the airport that evening. I was glad because I needed to talk to her a little before I ventured to NYC.

I was quiet most of the ride, and then I blurted out "Would you think I was completely crazy if I quit my job?"

Kia didn't look surprised at all "I think that you have been unhappy there for a very long time. This has been an issue way before Justin. So I think if something else comes up, don't hesitate."

I guess I didn't have to ask her about it anymore.  As I was boarding the plane she said one last thing. "Don't let your mind take over the relationship. Trust you heart." I was stunned she said that. I hugged her and got on the plane.

I arrived at JFK on time however I wasn't sure if I was supposed to get a cab or if there was a car waiting for me. At the moment I received a message. ‘Sorry I can't leave rehearsals, I am sending my mom to pick you up. She will be waiting outside of the gate for you.' I looked up and there she was. I thought to myself, crap. It's his mother.

She almost took me down to hug me. She was a total sweetheart. I wasn't worried about meeting her; it was just the fact that she was his mother. I didn't think I was ready to meet his parents. It didn't matter now. On the ride to the venue I asked her how much longer he is going to be there rehearsing and she said, "Knowing my son you will be here until the sun comes up."

"That's fine with me. I will enjoy seeing him in his element. I was thinking it would be funny to walk in and take over his rehearsal. Grab a microphone and just take over the vocals."

Her eyes lit up, "That's perfect, you have to do it. I will get it arranged." She sends a message to the music director and he agreed that it would great. They like to mess with him. He likes to have control in this environment. He has a bit of obsessive compulsive distorter, I couldn't say much I had a bit of OCD as well.

So we got to the venue and he was starting ‘Cry Me a River' it was like, perfect. Just as the 2nd chorus was about to start I grabbed the microphone and stepped out on the stage.

"You know... they say some things are better left unsaid."

 He stopped singing but continued playing as I continued singing, "It wasn't like you only talked to her and you know it" He smiled and I finished the song. It was so weird being up on his stage, even though it was just a tour rehearsal. As soon as the song was over he jumped up, grabbed me and swung me around. It was an amazing feeling being back into his arms. It felt like being home.

His manager asked if he would do one last interview before everyone left for the night. He agreed to do just one more today. I stayed on the stage listening to the guys play random things. I was singing along most of the songs they were playing. Kevin, Justin's music director, came up to me and said "I will play for you. What do you want to sing?"

I turned red and said "I really don't sing in front people. I get really nervous."

He smiled and said, "I have heard that so many times, usually those are the people that make the best artists. I heard you sing just now, I know you have the voice." He started playing an older song. I instantly knew what it was. The opening piano is very recognizable.

I just started singing with the music, "I've dealt with my ghosts and I have faced all my demons. Finally content with a past I regret. I found you find strength in your moments of weakness. For once I'm at peace with myself... I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long. Now I'm movin' on."

I continued to sing, I found it very easy to be up on that stage. Maybe because there was no one besides myself and Kevin in the room but it was easier than I ever thought it would be. I have sung a couple times in public other than a karaoke. I remember the first time my stomach turning and feeling like I was going to hurl at any moment. Once I was on the stage and singing with the band I felt comfortable.

This occasion was nothing, yet it was very different. These were professionals who have seen and heard the best there is in the business. When Justin finally returned he told everyone they could leave and have a good night.

He walks over to me and says, "What was that? I thought you said you couldn't sing. Those pipes sure know how to work." I blush. "We are recording a version of that song for you. I will get the rights to do and you're going to be amazed at what you can actually do."

We are sitting at the piano, he is playing this ballad that is absolutely beautiful, and it gave me chills. He started singing lyrics that I have never heard before. I assumed this one of the songs for his new album. He stops and says, "I have been trying to write a song to that melody for months. I wanted a song that could say so much about falling in love, about finding the happily ever after, all in under four minutes. I didn't have the inspiration before Cancun. I wrote nearly 80% of the song the night we met. I want you to help finish it. I want it to be a duet. I want you to be a part of the entire process. What do you think so far?"

 I'm shocked. "You want me on this song? You want me to record with you, as a duet?"

"Yes, do you hate it?"

"No, it gave me goose bumps the moment I heard it. The lyrics you have are beautiful so far. I want it; I want to do this with you."

"Great! I want to record it this weekend if we have time. I know you have to leave Sunday but maybe we could fit it in before you leave that day."

I lean down and whisper in his ear, "I'm not going home." He leans his head back to see my face. "What do you mean?" his smile widens "You're going to stay here with me?"

Now that I have his hopes up I have to crash them a little. "Well I have to go home just not Sunday. I don't have to fly out until Monday night. But at least now I know you really want me to stay."

He was disappointed, but I couldn't just up and quit my job, I couldn't do that. He goes back to the song. I like seeing him in his element. It's a side of him that only few people get to see.

He writes lyrics, beautiful lyrics. Hearing him say things like, "Even when you say nothing at all, you seem to say everything I need to hear." "I can see you in the white dress, the train full of lace, hair swept back, and you taking my last name." It melts my heart.

Everyone was gone by this point, we were the only two left. I am sitting on the edge of the piano with my legs wrapped around his back. I lean down and kiss him. He stands kicks the piano seat out of the way and is kissing me like he hasn't before. It was rough but still so sensual. He shuts the lid to the keys, slides me to the edge of the piano and is unbuttoning my jeans. My shirt is lying on the floor now. I kick off my shoes, and remove my jeans. I tare through his clothes faster than I can even remember. My panties are thrown to god knows where. I feel his lips press against mine again. He slowly moves down my entire body then he licks his way back up to the neck. The neck is the most sensitive spot on my body, and he knows this. I let out a slow moan of wanting more. I begin to kiss him more as he enters. Slow turns to fast, and then slow again, as if he was savoring every moment he could. Right there in Madison Square Garden, on that grand piano I had the best mind blowing sex of my life.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story