itesixteen Chapter Sixteen

Florida
Same day
Noon

“I still don’t understand why you won’t give me a reason as to why you chickened out.”

“I didn’t chicken out.” she stated.

“What exactly do you call it then?”

“I call it changing my mind. What’s the big deal?”

“What’s the big deal, you ask. Number one, you never chicken out. Number two, you’ve been quiet all morning long and number three, well I don’t have a number three so whatever. What happened?”

“Nothing happened.” she said continuing to eat her salad.

“Kayla?”

“Shane?”

“Does this have anything to do with why you came back from L.A. early?”

“What are you talking about? I had to go back to class.”

“You know what I’m talking about, don’t play dumb.”

“Why can’t you just let it go. I changed my mind.”

“Why can’t you just tell me what happened with Marty this morning?”

“I told you I didn’t even speak to him.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“Because, why?”

“Oh my God, Shane. Let it go.”

“No!! Tell me.”

“Tell you what? I didn’t speak to him.”

“Why didn’t you speak to him, something must have happened because you never break a promise. You broke a promise and you didn’t find out who the auditions are for. Now tell me.”

“I never promised.”

“Yes, you did.”

“No, I didn’t”

“Yeah, you did.”

“Come on, Shane. Please? Can’t we just eat in peace?”

“Nope, Tell me.”

“Why do you want to know so bad? You never cared before. Why don’t you go see Marty and ask him yourself.”

“I already told you. I don’t want his brother finding out how good I STILL look and have him crawling back to me. Don’t change the subject. I’ve heard rumors around the studio and I want to know if they’re true.”

“That’s a sorry excuse. And I already told you that I didn’t even get to talk to him.”

“But why?”

“Because I saw who he was with, Shane. That’s why. Happy now?” she said pushing her salad aside, losing her appetite. She hated keeping things from him.
Shane had been in Ohio visiting his parents while she had gone to Los Angeles. She felt awful because she had still to tell him about Juan. He was completely clueless to the fact that she met Juan or that she’d spent time with him and his friends.

She didn’t know exactly why she hadn’t told him about Juan because that event in her life had apparently been worthless. She’d chosen to keep that embarrassing part of her vacation to herself. And she knew Shane would only pester her and interrogate the hell out of her wanting to know all about Juan, the guy who’d wasted her time.

“Who was he with?”

“It’s not important, Shane because I’m not trying out.” she said putting money next to their check on the table. “Can we go now?”

“Yes you are trying out. And no, we can‘t go. Who was it?”

“His client. He was with his client.” she said finally.

“So you do know who the auditions are for?”

“I’m not sure.”

“But you just said…”

“I’m assuming it was his client, Shane.”

“Who is it then? That was the whole point of you meeting him.”

“Who?” She really didn’t want to talk about this because she would be compelled to explain to him why she had indeed chickened out.

“Will you please stop playing with me? Stop being so vague.” Shane said getting comfortable on his side of the booth. “It’s him, isn’t it?”

“Who?”

“Come on, Kayla. Was it him?”

“You’re nuts!!” she said not being able to help herself and smiling.

“OH MY GOD!!! It is him, isn’t it?” Shane said sitting up to put his face as close to her to look into her eyes. Something he always did, if she turned away from him then he would know she was lying. “Say it.”

“Say what?” she said keeping her eyes connected to his.

“Say his name.” Shane said with a wide grin.

“Justin.” she whispered to him.

“Justin who?” he questioned knowing the answer. His excitement rising by the seconds.

“Timberlake.”

“JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE? THE AUDITIONS ARE FOR JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!?” he asked loudly causing everyone at the restaurant to look at him with disapproving glares.

“Jesus, Shane!! Calm down.”

“Calm down? Are you shitting me?” Shane’s smile could not be wider as he shifted on his seat uncontrollably like a five years old. “The rumors were correct then?”

“I guess.”

“You’re trying out for Justin Timberlake in a few hours, Kayla. That’s like MY dream come true. I think I’m going to faint.”

“I don’t see why I have to fulfill YOUR dreams for you. Why don’t you try out? Then maybe you can stop talking about him as much as you do because I really don’t see what the infatuation with Justin is about. He seemed like an average guy when I was around him. He isn’t a God like you say he is.” Kayla said the words before she realized she’d said them. This was Shane’s cue and that meant the shit was about to hit the fan.

“WHAT???” Shane again said loudly to receive the same disapproving glares.

“You’re making an ass out of yourself, Shane. Let’s go.” Kayla said getting up from their table and heading to the door.

“OH HELL NO!! You are most certainly going to explain what you just said.” Shane said getting up, following her to the door.

“Will you lower you voice?” she said between clenched teeth as they exited.

“You’re really starting to piss me off, Kayla Maria.” he said catching up to her as she rushed to the car.

“Better to be pissed off than pissed on, right?” she joked. She knew he was very much annoyed with her because he used her middle name as a sign of the fact but she really, really didn’t want to get into it with him.

“What do you mean, he seemed like a average guy when you were around him? Did you go to try-outs in L.A.? Because if you did, that’s so wrong. You know I always go with you to auditions.”

“I didn’t go to auditions in L.A., Shane. You know I went to do things at the diner.”

“Then what do you mean?” he asked more calmed as they climbed in the car and headed out of the parking lot.

“What do I mean about what, Shane?”

“I SWEAR TO GOD!! If you don’t start talking I will call every straight guy in my classes and tell them you have the hots for them. See how peaceful work will be then.”

“You wouldn’t do that.” Kayla quickly said wide eyed.

“Try me, Kayla. This is Justin Timberlake we are talking about. I will cause damage. He’s the love of my life. He’s my sugah daddy. He’s my wet dreams, Kayla. Don’t do this to yourself.”

“Eww, Shane you’re fucking disgusting. You do know he’s straight as can be. Not to mention his wife will kill you. I’ve seen her go after grown men for taking a sip of her soda. And I don’t think Andie would like you calling HER daddy, YOUR daddy.” she said making a left toward their place.

“You met Juliana Moore? You met his daughter? Kayla, what the fuck?!!!”

“What the fuck, what? I’m sorry, okay. Yes I met J, Andie and Juls.”

“You’re on nickname basis with them? What happened while I was in Ohio? How did you manage to get so close to them to call them by nickname? No one can get close to them. Believe me I’ve tried. You know, you were there all three times. It’s impossible. What else don’t I know about you? I mean really cause I’m only your best friend, you can tell me.”

“Stop being such a drama queen, Shane.”

“Drama queen? You have the nerve to call me out of my name, when you have actually been lying to me?”

“I didn’t lie to you, Shane.”

“Then what do you call it? Because it seems to me that if the auditions weren’t for Justin Timberlake, oh my god I get all hot when I say his name, phew!!!’” he said fanning himself. “Anyway, if it wasn’t for that you wouldn’t be telling me you were getting acquainted with him at a family BAR-B-Q.”

“How do you know that?” she asked shocked.

“You were at his family BAR-B-Q? Jesus!!! I was just being sarcastic. What the hell!!”

“Calm down, Shane.”

“You keep saying that as if you were only telling me that you had eggs this morning. This is huge, Kayla.”

“It’s not huge. It’s not a big deal.” she said parking the car in the garage below their apartment.

“It’s not a big deal that my BEST friend in the WHOLE world knows my future husband?”

“You need counseling.” she said with a laugh as they headed toward the elevators.

“And you obviously need a ‘Best friends for Dummies’ manual. You lied to me. Best friends don’t lie to each other.”

“I didn’t lie to you. I just didn’t tell you. Stop saying that.”

“But you lied to me because.…”

“All right, all right I’ll tell you how I met the ‘Infamous Justin Timberlake’. But not in the elevator. Wait until we get inside.”

“I’m not liking the way you are referring to my man.” He said with a serious tone as they got off the elevator.

“Juls would LOVE you.” she said full of sarcasm entering the apartment.

“That bitch!! Do you think she’s in town too?”

“My guess is, yes.” she said as he closed the door behind himself.
------------------

It was mid afternoon but she wasn’t planning on getting up from the bed anytime soon as she snuggled closer to him to feel the rhythm of his heart against her ear. It had been almost an hour since they’d made love for the second time that day. She just laid there, fully content in staying that way for the rest of her life. Watching him sleep.

She loved him so much that it actually ached. The last month had been tough for both of them and she still struggled as to why that had been so.

She pressed her naked body to his. He was warm and the feeling made her tingle all over. She couldn’t help bringing her leg across his to somehow trap his warmth ness on her side of their bed.

“If you keep doing that, you’re going to be in trouble.” he said. Apparently he hadn’t been in deep sleep like she thought he had been. “Again.”

“Well, what if I want to be in trouble?” she asked rubbing her leg up and down his own. She skimmed her hand flat down his chest and stopped only when she had her hand wrapped around him making him groan softly.

“Making up for lost time?” his eyes finally opening to look down at her. Her chin propped on his chest. She wore a smile he only saw in moments like those. A smile that was totally for him, because as far as he was concerned no one else could ever make her smile that way. She was beautiful, she was his and he loved her. They were alone, just Mr. and Mrs. Chasez.

“Maybe.” she said starting to massage him with her hand under the sheets.

“Ummm…” he moaned and once again closing his eyes in pleasure. “I’m willing to oblige, as you can already tell by what it’s in your hand right now, but under one condition.”

“And what’s that?” she said before climbing over him not once stopping the rhythm she was working with her hand. He was undeniably ready for her as she put a little pressure on the rhythm of her hand. She loved having him that way. His face showing nothing but pleasure. His eyes fluttering with every thrust of her hand.

“Cat’s got your tongue?” she asked while she nibbled on his ear and lightly gracing her teeth on his earlobe. “What’s the condition?”

“I’m leading this time.” His movements were quick, Jenn didn’t know if she had actually blinked. She let out a small laugh when she realized she was now underneath him, looking up a him as he towered over her. His eyes showed nothing but love and desire but also an evil gleam as he looked down at her. “You had entirely too much control last time.” he whispered in her ear making her shiver, his hand coming between their naked bodies to touch her breast teasingly.

“You didn’t seem to mind.” she let out a whimper when his tongue made contact with one of her nipples while his hand toyed with the other.

“I didn’t say I minded.” he said paying homage to the other breast. “I’m simply stating that..” he said as he started tracing soft kisses down her flat abdomen. He spread her legs wider to accommodate his shoulders before looking up at her. “It’s my turn.”

“C?” was all she could let out as his wonderful lips and tongue made contact with her center before he remaining completely still. She couldn’t control the spasms that took over her body at the mere contact. He hadn’t even begun to do what she knew he was going to do with his mouth and she was already exploding with orgasms.

“Who’s got my tongue now, Jenisse?” he whispered before making contact again only this time he tasted her completely.

This man was going to kill her. And God forgive her, but she loved every moment of it.
-------------------------

So maybe she was a sucker. Maybe it was really true that she couldn’t deny him anything.

When she’d gotten home, she’d had to explain every detail of her relationship with Juan, or lack there of, to Shane. She’d told him how she didn’t really want to talk to him at first. She told him about the recorder he’d offered for her to use. She had to go into every detail of the time she spent in Los Angeles while he was in Ohio. She’d had to even show him the recorder that she still hadn’t returned. Detail by detail she told him everything that had happened up until the day where he’d walked her to her door, after the BAR-B-Q, and had chosen to not call her again.

She made it clear to Shane that Juan hadn’t been anything serious and that it hadn’t been a big deal.

She was lying.

But most importantly, she had to describe Justin Timberlake’s every move. Even the quick kisses he’d stolen from his wife while they’d swam. Shane had been disappointed at the lack of information she had about Justin but she hadn’t really been paying attention. Who cared what Justin was doing, when she had a very attractive and funny guy by her side.

She missed that the most. She didn’t open up to people that often and in that short amount of time, Juan had made her laugh. He’d especially had made her feel special. She shouldn’t have been affected by it all but something in the bottom of her heart told her that maybe he’d been the one she’d dreamt about for years.
Maybe not.

“So what does he smell like?”

“I didn’t get a chance to sniff him up, Shane. I was busy hanging out with his friend.” she snapped.

“Oh stop being such a bitch.”

“Stop asking me questions about stupid Justin Timberlake then.”

“He’s not stupid.” he said offended as he concentrated on driving her car toward the studio. “Why are you being so bitchy, anyway?”

“Do you really need to ask?” she gave him a bored look.

“I don’t see what the drama is all about. If this Joe or John or whatever his fucking name is, wasn’t anything, then you don’t have anything to worry about. That’s just if in truth he even IS here today.”

“I promise you, he is here. If Justin is here, then he is. And his name is Juan, Shane.”

“Okay, Juan. What’s the deal? You just told me you didn’t care about him. Now you’re being a bitch because there’s a possibility that you might see him.”

“I DON’T care about him.”

“Yes you do.”

“No, I DON’T”

“You do. Don’t you?” he said with a sweet smile as he made a turn into the studio’s parking lot.

“Shut up, Shane.”

“Why? You know I’m right.” he said making his way into the parking space. “Why did you decided to come and audition then? Thought you might see him again?”

“No, you ass!! Maybe I came because my best friend gave me a guilt trip and begged me to come. Or maybe it was because my best friend threatened to put my ad in the ‘Personals’ of the paper. You pick.” she said getting out of the car.

“Oh whatever. Those aren’t the only reasons you agreed to come and you know it.” Shane said as he came around the car to meet her.

“And give me my freaking keys.” she said attempting to snatch the keys from his hand. “It’s my car.”

“Yeah, I’m really going to do that so that you can sneak out of here while I’m distracted looking at my man? I don’t think so.”

“You took over my life. My apartment. My car. What’s next?”

“Don’t fight it, Kayla. You know you can’t resist me.” he chuckled picking her up and spinning her around. The action causing her legs to wrap around his waist.

“Put me down, you maniac!” she couldn’t control the smile that came over her face as she looked down at her best friend. The excitement of what they were about to embark on that day getting the best of him.

“You love me.” he said to her after spinning her one last time, making her laugh out loud. “Give me a kiss.” she did so, straight on his beautiful lips.

A few feet away, getting out of a black SUV, was whom she knew would be there that day. She didn’t see him though, her back turned toward him as she walked hand-in-hand with the guy she’d just kissed.

Unbelievable.

He’d gone to Florida with his friends for two reasons. One was to meet with Chris about Fumanskeeto stuff. And the second was to come to Justin’s auditions for his dancers. He’d had a smidgen of hope that he’d run into her.

The little amount of hope he’d had about her forgiving him, for being a complete jerk, had vanished. The moment he’d heard her laughter as he’d gotten out of his car, accompanied by Chris, his eyes had searched out the sound.

At first he thought he was hearing things but had immediately recognized her. Legs wrapped around the guys waist as he spun her around. How fucking romantic!! he thought. And then when he thought it couldn’t have gotten worse, the guy stopped spinning her and she’d kissed him.

She kissed him!!! Flat out kissed him. He thought.

“What the fuck?” He mumbled, jealousy surging through his veins. Why was he jealous? He was never jealous. Not over a girl he barely knew. No way. He wasn’t jealous.

“You coming?” Chris asked from the side of the car.

“Yeah I’m coming.” he replied angrily.

“What’s wrong with you?” Chris asked baffled.

“Nothing.” Trace said walking the opposite direction of the happy couple. “FUCK!!!!!” he said kicking a garbage can outside the back door to the studio, before heading inside.

“Okay then.” Chris mumbled as he steadied the garbage can as he walked by. “Glad to know there’s nothing wrong.”
---------------------------

She was really beginning to get bored. She’d just gotten off the phone with her daughter and that always seemed to get her in a depressed mode. She missed her dearly and it had only been a few hours since she’d left her, sleeping in her bed peacefully.

She’d been sitting in a dressing room for almost an hour. Alone. Her husband had decided to not speak to her after their little blow out in the car. He had been busy talking to Marty and ignoring her purposely for almost two hours.

She wanted to go home. She wanted to hold her daughter. She wanted her husband to stop glaring at the girls across the room in the studio. When she had voiced her opinion of the girls, loudly, Justin had basically dragged her to the very room that she was in.

“I’m only saying this once, Juliana. Chill the hell out. When you decided you want to play nice then you can join us in there.” he’d said before turning and leaving her there like a child being scorned by her daddy.

Play nice? What did that mean?

He’d also had returned to the door to tell her “I love you” before he slammed it. Jerk.

She had been ready to ‘play nice’ for half an hour but she’d decided to wait it out. She knew that the longer she took to come out, the more ticked he’d be. Besides she knew that any minute now he would…..

“Come sit with me.” come and get her.

“I’m not ready to ‘play nice’ yet.” she said nonchalantly from where she sat on the couch, legs crossed.

“Come on, J? this is always fun. I want you there with me.” Justin said closing the space between them after he closed and locked the door behind himself.

“So now you want me?” she asked with a raised brow.

“I always want you.” Justin said grabbing her hand and pulling her to stand in front of him. She felt his hands encircle her waist before his palms laid flat on her behind. With the high heeled boots she wore she was at eye level with him. “Come with me.”

“So now you want to be all sweet to me?” she said with a roll of her eyes. She had stopped being mad the moment he’d opened that door and she had to be a complete idiot if she said the way he was touching her didn’t effect her. This man was a God.

“Don’t be like this, Juls.” he said kissing her nose tenderly. She turned her face and he invited himself to kiss her neck lovingly. “I called my mom.” he said as he pressed her against him, immediately she felt his desire for her.

“For what?” she asked after a soft moan that escaped her mouth as he continued to nibble on her neck.

“I was thinking about what you said earlier.” he said rubbing and squeezing her behind and pressing her against him tighter. “Maybe it’s not such a bad idea of we stay the night.”

“What made you decide that?”

“Your sexy behind as I followed you in here a while ago.” he said trailing kisses up her neck and to her cheek before placing his lips on hers. His right hand sneaking between them to tease her nipple though the form fitting sweater she wore.

“Umm…” she moaned. “Can we go to the house now?”

“As much as…” he grabbed her had, breaking the closeness of their bodies, and guiding it to the rock hard bulge in between his legs. The action making both of them groan. “I want to right now. It’s going to have to wait.”

“But Justin…”

“But nothing. Let’s go out there and the quicker I get out there the quicker the auditions will go. Then we can go.” he said kissing her one last time before he broke complete contact. “Please, J?”

“Fine.” she said frustrated. “What are you going to do about that? Because I know you aren’t going out there like that. I know they’d be a lot of girls out there willing to make that go away.” she said pointing to his crotch.

“Ha, funny.” he said giving her a bored look. “You did it.”

“I didn’t do anything. You’re the one who came in here being a horn dog, manhandling your wife.” she laughed. The sound making Justin shiver slightly. God, he loved her laugh. She moved closer to him attempting to touch him. “I can help.”

“Don’t touch me, Juls.” he said with a laugh. “Is there cold water in that fridge?” he asked pointing behind her.

“Yeah.”

“Get me a bottle and a towel, please?” he asked before he started unbuttoning loosening the drawstring to his red velour suit. “And if this is going to work, you have to leave the room.”

“Aww come on, Justin!!” she whined.

“You know damn well that if you stay here while I have my pants down, HE will NOT go down. You know the drill, this isn’t the first time. And I’m sure it won’t be the last.” he chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing. It’s just that this takes me back to our tours. This happened every single time before I had to go on stage.”

“The quiet room wasn’t so quiet at times, huh?” she asked wiggling her eyebrows up and down. “We used to have fun.”

“We still do, J.”

“Not like we used to.” she said as she sat next to him on the couch.

“We’re just parents now, Juls. But I still have loads of fun with you.”

“You sure?”

“What do you mean, am I sure? Of course I am Juls. I love you, okay?” he said kissing her cheek. When he went back to wetting the towel she laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“That’s not working.” she said pointing to the towel now perched like a tent on his lap.

“Yeah and I will give you one guess as to why.” he said giving her an amused look.

“Alright. Alright. I’ll wait outside the door.” she said moving the towel quickly and running her tongue up the length of him.

“Oh my God, I hate you!!!” he groaned as he tried to grab her. She had been quick and gotten to the door before looking at him, winking and opening the door slightly.

“You can pay me back later.” she said blowing him a kiss.

“Oh I know.” Justin said once again putting the cold towel over himself. “You’ll pay alright. God, I can’t wait!!! Now get out!!!”

“Hurry up.” she said with a grin before leaving the room.

-------------------------

It had been three days since he’d last seen her and he couldn’t remember ever feeling so deprived in his life. He’d had to work and although that might of sounded like an excuse it had been the truth.

He had to get Luis’s album recorded and finished by the end of the month. He also had to convince Jc and Jenn to produce a duet between Christina and Luis for
Christina’s Spanish album. He didn’t know exactly how he was going to go about doing that but he had a headache just thinking about it.

Luis had been acting strange too, which gave him more of a headache. Suddenly he wanted his whole album produce by Jenisse Logan. He wasn’t so sure that was a good idea. And he also didn’t know if Jive wanted to spend that kind of money on Luis. Jenn was an expensive producer and Luis probably couldn’t afford her, with it being his first English album with a new label. On top of that fact, Jc would surely kill him if he offered Jenn more time with Luis. Lance was very aware of the fact that Jc didn’t particularly like Luis and that was going to be a challenge. In fact Jc demanded Lance check out any future male artist’s background before hooking them up with Jenn, she of course didn’t know that.

Somehow he had to work the whole Christina/Luis thing out with both Jc and Jenn because he needed this track done, no questions asked. It was what the label wanted from both artists. And what Christina wanted was for Jc to produce the track, Lance felt like he was caught between a rock and a hard place and his migraine was never ending.

He’d been having conference meeting all day and if he didn’t take a break he was sure to have a mental breakdown.

“What’s gotten into you?” His assistant asked.

“Oh nothing.” he said sarcastically. “I’m just tired, stressed, overworked, horny, drained, overwhelmed and oh did I mention horny?”

“You know I can get you for sexual harassment with what you just said to  me.” she said taking a seat on his couch.

“You could but you won’t.” he said with a yawn.

“You alright, Lance? Seriously.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?”

“Because it’s only noon and you’re already yawning. It’s not like you. Actually you haven’t been yourself since you took your too short of a vacation.”

“Is that right?”

“Yeah that’s right.” Bleechet said with a cocked brow.

“How am I different?” he asked lifting his feet up on his desk as he watched her across the room.

“You’re just not here. I mean your are physically here but your mind isn’t.”

“This is my company, I have to be here.”

“Lance seriously. You know as well as everyone here that you’re here only because you want to. Not because you are needed. This place basically runs itself. You can do your part of the work while out playing golf or whatever it is that you do. You don’t physically have to be in the office and you know it.”

“Well it’s nice to know when you’re loved.” Lance huffed.

“You know what I mean. Of course we love you. I just think everyone agrees to the fact that you need a life. But if it’s the love you are worried about then I assure that we love when you sign the checks.” she laughed.

“Do you do stand-up when you’re not here?” He asked sarcastically. “And I do have a life.”

“Not much of it. You need to get out more and I don’t mean for another eight stupid days. Take a break, Lance.”

“You think you know everything there is to know about me, don’t you?”

“I know what you’ve been doing this past year, and that’s sulking with a capital S. To be honest with you, you haven’t been here, mentally since you and Laurie broke up.”

“You think so.”

“I know so. Just go out and have fun, Lance. You deserve better than to be in this office all day when you don’t have to be. Being here is making you old.”

“I’m not old” he laughed. “What about you? What are you going to do without me here?”

“Well at least you’re agreeing with the leaving for a while. And as far as what I’m going to do. Well, what I’ve been doing for years, your job.” she chuckled.

“Oh, I see now. You just want to take over my company.”

“Oh damn, you figured me out.” she said sarcastically. “Get out of here, Lance. I’ll take care of the rest of the conference calls today.”

“What about the rest of the week?”

“You’re worrying again. I’ll email next week’s schedule to you. If you want to come, you can. If you don’t then that’s fine.” she said standing to walk out of the room. “Oh and please be sure to spend time with Noemi.”

“What?” he asked baffled.

“You know the woman that has you acting all distracted and such.”

“How do you know her name?”

“Oh that’s easy. Trace called while you were on your last conference call. He told me all about Ms. Noemi.”

“Oh really?”

“Yup. He said to give him a call later. He said he will be at Justin’s auditions for a while but that he’d be available later on today.”

“Available for what?”

“Jesus, Lance. This girl must be something. Don’t you remember that you have to fax over the floor plans for the office downstairs? Nevermind, I’ll do it later.” she huffed.

“Shit!! I forgot about that.” he said holding his head with both hands.

“Don’t worry. I got it. I’ll call the contractor now and get the blueprints.”

“Thanks, Bleechet. I’d appreciate it.”

“That’s what I do. So, who exactly is this Noemi person?”

“No one.”

“No one? Alright suit yourself but I already know it’s the girl from the diner.”

“Trace has a big mouth.”

“And a big family too.” she laughed. “He’s like a girl when it comes to gossip but he’s my cousin-in-law and I love him.”

“Yeah whatever. How’s Anthony by the way?”

“He’s doing good.”

“Good. Are you sure you’ll be alright here by yourself?”

“Yes!! Don’t worry so much. People around here have assistants who have assistants. No one likes to disappoint you in any way. Everything is taken care of.”

“Alright I’m going to trust you.”

“I think I have proven over the years that I can be trusted, Lance. Relax. Now I have a bunch of crap I have to do, so get out of here.”

“Thanks, Bleechet. For everything.”

“You’re welcome. Bye!” she said blowing him a kiss before leaving his office.

He really should take her advice and go but he needed to make a few phone calls before he did so. Then he was going to go home. He would take a much needed refreshing shower and after that was done he was going to play his favorite game of cat and mouse.

With Noemi.

Seventeen Part 1



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story