iteeighteen Chapter Eighteen

“It’s called stalking and you’re damn near borderline of the felony.” She said once the child finished eating, choosing to go play in the in door jungle gym at Burger King.

When Lance had entered the fast food place his thoughts were confirmed when he saw Noemi and Sean sitting off to the corner of the place. Deciding to get his food first, he’d gotten in line with two elder people ahead of him. To his surprise, Noemi had come to the counter to ask for more napkins. She hadn’t noticed him right away but when she’d gotten her napkins, she looked up to see him looking at her with a smile. She’d grunted something under her breath and had walked back to her table.

Bravely Lance had walked over to the table, took a seat next to Sean, who jumped up in excitement and hugged him. For a good fifteen minutes, Noemi had just sat there looking at him as if he’d lost his mind but said nothing.

When Sean had finished his last chicken tender he’d asked his mother if he could go play in the jungle gym and she’d smiled and said yes, without hesitation. That was her chance to turn to Lance and made the comment about stalking.

“I’m not stalking you, Noemi. At least not today.” He smiled. “I was just hungry and you and Sean happen to be in the same place where I decided to eat.”

“Sure.”

“Guess what?” he asked her but maintained his vision on Sean on the other side of the glass window that enclosed the gym area.

“What?” she asked mockingly.

“You’re talking to me.”

“Do I have a choice?”

“Sure you do. You could have left when you saw me in line. Or you could have asked me to leave when I invited myself to eat with you guys.”

“Would you have left?”

“Leave? No, but I didn’t stop you from asking.”

“You’re not stopping me now either.”

“Yet we both know that you aren’t asking me to leave. At least not jus yet.” Lance said with a dazzling smile.

“I wasn’t done talking.” She stated with a roll of her eyes.

“That’s not as hard as you thought, is it?”

“What?”

“Talking to me. You’re pretty good at it, keeping a conversation, when you aren’t shooting daggers into my heart.”

“I don’t like you. How hard is that to understand?”

“It’s pretty hard to understand something that is not the truth.”

“It’s true.”

“No it’s not.” Lance said as he leaned closer to her. “Not only do you like me but you also want to kiss me like there was no tomorrow.”

“Why would I want to do that?”

“I know that’s what you’ve been thinking about since Disney.”

“You sure are fond of yourself.”

“I know you have been thinking about what it would have been like had I kissed you that day. You know why?”

“You’re going to open your mouth and tell me anyway, so stop asking.”

“The reason I know is because that’s all I’ve been thinking about for weeks.” Lance said with a grin.

“That sounds like a personal problem then.” Noemi said popping a French fry into her mouth. “If you, not me, are so curious then why didn’t you just do it?”

“Because no matter how much, and believe me it’s really hard being this close to you and not being able to touch you, I want to make the first move, it’s not going to happen.”

“Well then, if you’re waiting for me to make the first move then you’ll be waiting until you’re old and gray.”

“If that’s what it will take.” Lance shrugged. “I am a business man, Noemi. I’m pretty good at what I do. When I set out to get something, I get it.”

“Well you’ve made the wrong investment of your time trying to get me to like you, Business man. It’s not working.”

“Funny, you use the word investment. I plan to put a lot of investment toward you.” Lance once again glanced at Sean on the other side of the glass before switching his vision to her once more. “You really need to step out of that box the world calls denial, you’re a terrible liar.” He smiled and turned to Sean’s direction before adding “Make a move, Noemi. I know you want to, as bad as I do, if not more.”

“I think it’s time for you to go now.” She said.

“You know what. I think so too. I have an important investment to make tomorrow and I should make a few phone calls.” Lance said getting up from his seat. Sean came to the window and waved at Lance before heading back to his playing. Lance watched him for a few seconds before turning to Noemi. He leaned down to her ear whispering seductively. “Have a good night, Noemi.” Before he placed a soft brush of his lips on the side of her neck and walking away.

He wasn’t going to initiate any type of physical contact with her, but he couldn’t help his masculine desires to do so. If he didn’t he wouldn’t have been able to leave. He was becoming very amused and infatuated with the whole game they had going. In all aspects he was becoming infatuated with Noemi all together.

He hoped that everything at his meeting worked out the next day. He anticipated on her taking his advice to make a move because he wasn’t sure he could be around her much longer without having his arms around her.
 

Orlando, Florida
Pleasure Island- Fulton’s Crab House

Justin, Juls, Jenn and Jc sat at a private booth of the seafood restaurant, a massive amount of clams, shrimp, lobster tails and crab legs in front of them. Jc and Justin were engrossed in their food on one side of the booth chatting, taking small bites of food, here and there.

“He really is cute.” Jenn said looking over to where Shane sat with another dancer, Melissa.

“You already said that.” Jc said with a roll of his eyes as he continued eating one of the many crab legs on the table.

“And you already agreed, seven times.” Justin said to Juls before sucking a clam into his mouth.

“Oh whatever. That’s so gross by the way.” Juls said about his clams.

“Clams are an aphrodisiac J. EAT SOME.” Justin said causing Jc and Jenn to laugh.

“Eww no thanks. Anyway, so Trace thinks that somehow she used him.”

“For what?” Jenn asked while picking at her Shrimp Scampi with her fork. “Trace isn’t usable.”

“That’s messed up, Jenisse.” Jc said in a fatherly tone.

“You know what I mean. Trace is hardcore. He’s not used easily.”

“I just think he started liking her and apparently she wasn’t feeling the same. It happens to the best of us.” Justin said.

“It better not be happeneing to you.” Juls joked. “I’ll kick you ass.”

“Yeah right.” Justin said sucking a clam into his mouth noisily for Juls benefit.

“Being that you two are a gossip column apparently, have either of you found out if this Shane guy is actually Kayla’s boyfriend?” Jc inquired.

“There’s no need to ask. We saw them together.” Juls shrugged.

“Well I don’t know about ya’ll but I see him sitting over there with that girl andher body language isn’t saying, ‘we’re friends’.” Jc said looking across the room.

“What do you know about her body language?” Jenn asked with raised brows.

“I’m just saying that Kayla isn’t here with him. And unless he’s a big time playa, he doesn’t seem like boyfriend material. He’s flirting with that girl just as much as she’s flirting with him.” Jc said matter-of-fact. “Kayla seemed very high-strong when I met her and she didn’t seem like the type of girl that goes for the playa types.”

“Whatever. Can we stop talking about him, Kayla, Trace and body languages?” Justin said grabbing a shrimp off of Jenn’s plate.

“Sure. Let’s talk about what we heard going on upstairs when we went to pick up jenn and Jc.” Juls said causing both Jc and Jenn to choke on their food.

“Nice, J.” Justin said with a laugh.
 

Orlando, Florida
6am

For once, he was up and ready before his wife. Juliana still struggled with her sleep as he applied a splash of cologne on his neck and across the front of his jeans. Making sure he did not forget some paperwork he needed he grabbed the manila envelop from the dresser, sitting on the side of the bed.

“J?” he whispered. “Come on, Juls. Get up.”

“What time is it?” he wasn’t surprised to hear her ask. She remained snuggled to the pillow, eyes closed.

“It’s six and we have to be at the airport at seven.” Justin responded while rubbing her backside over the satin sheets that covered it.

“Let me lay here for five more minutes, J.”

“Why? You’re already awake. There’s no point in procrastinating.” Justin chuckled.

“How can you be up and ready to go, after last night? You’re usually past out at least till’ eleven.” Juliana finally grumbled opening her eyes to meet his sexy blue ones.

“We had a sexy night, didn't we?” Justin asked with a cocky grin.

“I’m not complaining.” She giggled.

“Of course you’re not. I am the master you know. “You had the best sex of your life last night.”

“You’re being cocky, baby.” She laughed. “I think it was the best sex of YOUR life.”

“I never said it wasn’t. I simply said you got some good stuff last night. For a long, long amount of time.”

“You're still being cocky.” She said smoothing her hand over his jean-clad groin causing a groan from him.

“Maybe I have reason to be cocky, don’t you think?” he asked with a wink.

“You’re crazy but I love you anyway.”

“I love you too.” Justin said slapping her behind. “And you know who else I love?”

“Yeah.”

“So let’s go home and see this person.” He said getting up from the bed. “Get up.”

“Yes, Sir.” Juliana said jumping out of bed and saluting him in all her glory. Justin quickly captured one of her nipples while bending to kiss the side of her neck.

“Get in the shower, Juls before I have to give you some more of that cocky sex.” Justin chuckled before turning away from her and walking out of the bedroom.

Seeing the manila envelop left on the bed, Juliana grabbed the envelop with the intention of bringing it downstairs when she was done. Curiosity got the best of her when she read the front label. Opening it, she found the exact day-by-day details of Justin’s promotional tour. Included in the paperwork were details on who would be traveling with Justin. Jenisse Chasez, Jc Chasez, Trace Ayala, Lynn Harless, and a bunch of other people she recognized as Jive people and the dancers were on the list. Nowhere on the entire tour plan did her name nor her daughter’s name appeared. Her husband was really planning to leave them behind.

A solitary tear escaped her eye as she placed the contents back in the envelope. With a heavy heart, she turned toward the bathroom to get ready for the flight home where her daughter was waiting for her.
 

Orlando, Florida
7:47am

“I told you we could have stayed in bed for an extra hour. You know they take forever.” Jc complained as he looked at his wife across the isle from him on the private jet.

“They are on their way, C.” Jenn said with a dramatic roll of her eyes. “You can sleep during the flight.” She said as she entered keys on her two-way device.

“Who said anything about sleeping?” Jc said is a hushed voice as if he didn’t want to share his question with Trace, who sat on his left.

“Are you two going to start making out?” Trace asked annoyed. “Because I’d rather not see that this morning. Or any time actually.”

“Aww, what’s the matter with the baby?” Jc said pocking Trace with his finger.

“What’s wrong with you, Ayala?” Jenn said lifting her eyes from the two-way.

“Why does something have to be wrong?” Trace asked continuously beating the pillow between the window and his head.

“Well you’re beating the hell out of that pillow for twenty minutes, for one.” Jenn chuckled. “And you’re usually hitting on the stewardess by now.”

“They assigned a dude this time.” Trace grumbled to receive a chuckle from Jc. “And this pillow won’t stay firm.”

“Aww, the misfortunes of the world.” Jc said sarcastically.

“Why don’t you go sit next to your wife? I’d find that fortunate.” Trace said to Jc with a wide grin.

“But I want to sit with you, Tracey.” Jc whined.

“Move the fuck over.” Trace said, this time laughing at the expression on Jc’s face.

“Alright you got him to laugh, C. now come sit overt here.” Jenn said putting her two-way aside.

It had been close to an hour since Jenn and Jc had arrived at the airport. Trace had arrived shortly after they did, with a bad attitude following each step of the way. Juls and Justin were running late like usual. Jc had opted to take the seat next to Trace for the simple purpose of annoying him. Tapping his foot, humming love songs and making sexual innuendos toward his wife. At first Trace just plopped himself on the seat, ignoring the couple. He knew that while they were two of his best friends, they could really annoy him if that in fact was what they were trying to do.

Trace couldn’t decide if his visit to Florida had been the worst two days, he had in a long while, or the best. He’d had two meetings in regards to Fumaskeeto and the new store, which couldn’t have turned out better. After Justin’s tour, he would immediately set the plans in motion. Although he was looking forward to being on the road, he wasn’t as excited as he had been two days prior. Two days prior, when he was just thinking about how he would ‘make it up’ to Kayla for being a dick.

While he’d expected her to be at the auditions, it had come to a surprise when he’d seen her. His blood still boiled at the remembrance of her and Shane even after spending a crazy night with two beautiful and sexy women. The memories of the night would be occupying his mind but to his dismay all he could think about was Kayla and Shane. The simple mention of the name caused him to gag, put his stomach to knot.

To think that he would have to see them together for a long amount of time while on tour repulsed him. He couldn’t believe the affect the woman was having on him. How can someone, he hadn’t even had sex with, rip his heart out?

He’d told Justin to pick the two out of spite, because he knew they were expecting him to completely loose it. Kayla apparently didn’t know him very well because if Trace was good at one thing, it was hiding his feelings. While Kayla had played with him, he had his own agenda. He’d been in the business of deception, good appearances, and acting as long as Justin’s career. He did give her credit for trying, he couldn’t deny that, Kayla Medina was going to have one hell of a tour, or his name wasn’t Juan Carlos Ayala, III.
 

Same day
Los Angeles, California
3pm

She had a headache, a major one. She was hungry. She had a bad case of jet lag setting in. She had a feeling her monthly visitor was going to make an appearance. In addition, she was just simply annoyed. Rushing to the airport at the last possible minute had also not allowed her time to change out of her work clothes. Which meant that on top of her list of annoyance, she was unattractively sweaty.

After many encouraging conversations with her best friend, she’d decided to take a stand on her life. At least those were the plans, but life always seemed to be playing jokes on her.

So there she was, back in Los Angeles at her uncle’s beckoning. He had requested she come meet some people whom could make her diner into an upscale restaurant. She didn’t want to meet people that could do the job for her; she wanted to do it on her own. The trip to Los Angeles was going to be her test. She would stand firm on her decision and let her uncle know that she no longer needed his help.

Apparently he’d set up the meeting with some investors and had wanted her to come if not for her restaurant but for the experience. He’d also hadn’t left out the part were he’d told her that her parents would agree with him. She’d hung the phone on him then. Five minutes later, she’d received a call from Noemi, begging her to come. Noemi explained that her father had been on her case about getting Kayla motivated to start things at the diner. Noemi hadn’t seemed thrilled about the meeting either but Kayla couldn’t have denied her. After all Noemi had been a silent partner of hers since she’d inherited the diner.

She wowed Noemi that much. Sitting through a meeting listening to ‘money talk’ couldn’t be that bad. She hoped it wasn’t because she was feeling a bad case of PMS coming on and she felt sorry for the investors if they even blinked at her the wrong way.

“It’s about time.” Her cousin expressed as Kayla approached the terminal’s exit.

“Nice to see you too, No.” Kayla spit out.

“Someone who shall remain nameless is being a bitch.”

“Someone’s every observant,”

“Did you jog to LA? You look like shit on a stick, Kay.” Noemi commented as they headed out of the airport.

“Thanks.”

“Why are you in such a bad mood?”

“Try being in a middle of class, having your uncle call you to bitch at you about YOUR restaurant for twenty minutes. Then have your cousin call you and rub the fact that she’s helped you out more than a few occasions. Oh and then she tells you to grab the next flight out of Orlando to Los Angeles because if she was going to have to sit through a meeting, so should you.” Kayla said in one breath. “Then call for a flight because you realize you DO owe your cousin a favor or two and find out that the next and only flight out today is in twenty minutes. Then drag your best friend out of his own class so that he could take you to the airport, in your car that you barely get to drive cause the previously mentioned best friend is a car hog, then get rushed to the airport. Get on a plane as they are about to seal the doors because the ticket booth was being attended by a complete bitch who thought you owed her something because someone as sweaty as you shouldn’t take men that look like they stepped out of an Abercrombie and Fitch Ad instead of a dance class, away from her. So go though all that then ask me again why I’m in a bad mood.”

“I’ll pass thanks. And Shane does not look like an Abercrombie and Fitch model, by the way.”

“You’re about the only person in America who doesn’t think so.” Kayla said as they approached Noemi’s car.

“Shane is an arrogant ass. Not a model.” Noemi said swinging her car keys. “Wanna drive?”

“Why the hell not?” Kayla said taking the keys from her cousin before bursting in a fit of laughter as they walked. “I need a drink.”

“My treat but first I have to pick up my dry cleaning for tonight.” Noemi said getting into the passenger side of her car.

“Tonight? What are you wearing?” Kayla asked with an evil gleam on her eyes.

“Oh, you know. Something that doesn’t leave much to the imagination.” Noemi giggled evilly. “Dad is going to love it.”

“You are going to kill your dad of a heart attack.”

“He’ll be fine.” Noemi waved her off. “Besides, I know you have a closet full of ‘naughty’ dresses just dying to make an appearance in front of dad.”

Kayla laughed. “Where’s Sean?”

“He’s with dad at home.” Noemi responded. “Go down Melrose, the dry cleaning should be ready.”

“I hope so because I can taste that drink already.” Kayla said as she sped down the highway.

Nineteen



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story