chapter seven of IN THE END Chapter Seven
 
“No, it’s fine. I’m sure Justin will be fine with it. You let me handle him.” Juls said to the other person on the end of her cell phone. “Yes I’m sure. You can use that shot for the cover.” she waited for the response of her publicist. “Okay. Good. Well I’m stepping out of the plane now and I can’t put on my hat and glasses while on the phone. I’ll call you later.”

Juliana was exhausted. She always said Rollingstone shoots were the longest and her opinion still stood. But she had to admit that they had taken her best pictures. Thirteen hours taking pictures got to be a little over the top sometimes. Lately the jobs got longer and longer. She knew they weren’t really longer than usual but she missed her daughter. And unfortunately on this particular job she missed her husband also.

She still wasn’t over the fact that Justin had downright denied her request to go on tour with him. She hadn’t really put in a request per say but anyway she knew what she was talking about. She had sort of let him know more than she requested. She still felt the same way twenty some hours later. It hurt her that Justin would want to leave them. What would they do without him? He was everything to them. Everything.

Juliana adjusted her baseball cap and glasses and stepped onto the terminal’s walkway. She couldn’t wait to see her baby. She was originally scheduled to arrive later on that night but she couldn’t wait. So if she had to rush through the crowd to get to her husband and child it was worth it. Even if she wasn’t really in the mood to address even a simple hello to her husband. She missed him and wanted to see him because he was hers. All hers. Even if she felt like throwing him into mouth of a volcano at times. He was theirs. Juliana and Andréa Timberlake’s.

When Juliana had called Justin’s cell phone the day before and had gotten his voicemail she had been annoyed. To say the least. She had called the house instead and had spoken to Bobbie. Bobbie explained that Justin was down in the studio with Jc and Jenn. She had felt bad for a whole milli-second. Cell phones. All cell phones had the vibrate feature. She knew his definitely had it because he’d been a little carried away one night with it. That memory had made her smile, which pissed her off even more.
 
When she was pissed and especially with Justin. Things happened. Usually pictures. Pictures he didn’t like. So she had a big evil smile on her face. Don’t mess with me Timberlake!!
 
“There she is daddy!! I see her.” Andie exclaimed as she pointed to the woman walking towards them.

“How does she do that?” Trace asked Justin who in turn shrugged.

“I guess she knows her mother.” Justin simply stated as he watched Juls come closer to them. He got Andie off his shoulders and fixed her clothes.

“Hey baby girl!!” Juls said excitedly as she approached her daughter. “I missed you baby. Did you miss me?”

“Yup. Daddy took me to go eat some warm apple pie, mommy.” Andie said with a big smile.

“Did he? Cool!! Hold my hand baby girl.” Juliana gave Andie her hand to hold and walked ahead. The bag she had been carrying now laid at Justin’s feet.

“Sure, I’ll get the bag, Juliana. And by the way it’s great to see you too.” Justin said sarcastically. “Shut up!!” he said to a laughing Trace.

“Guess the trip didn’t make her forget, huh?” Trace said mockingly. “You owe me a hundred.”

“I don’t owe you shit. We aren’t home yet.”

“She didn’t even look at you. Let alone kiss you. You owe me.”

“I said that she will kiss me before we get home. We aren’t home.” Justin whispered as they walked up to the green SUV waiting for them with Anthony next to it.

“Everything alright in paradise?” Anthony asked with a cheesy smile. He had already gotten the girls into the car when he asked Justin. “Did you get your money?” he asked Trace.

“Not yet.” Trace said opening his palm out to Justin.

“You are not getting a hundred bucks from me, Juan!!” Justin said getting into the car. Trace got into the passenger seat mumbling something about making the wrong choice in best friend.

“I’m getting it.” Trace said as Anthony pulled the truck into airport traffic.

“I want a hundred butts.” Andie commented making everyone laugh.

“Bucks, Andie. BUCKS.” Justin corrected Andie. Justin had purposely placed Andie’s car seat all the way at the last seat of the SUV, so that he would be sitting next to Juls on the way home. “You still not speaking to me?”

“How’s Keshia, Anthony? I heard she sprained her ankle last week.” Juliana directed at Anthony.

“I also heard that you already spoke to her, so don’t try talking to me to ignore J. leave me out of it.” Anthony said.

“Oh, it’s like that? Okay fine. You know I’ll get you back. I do speak to Mrs. Green often, Mr. Green.”

“So scared.” Anthony said sarcastically.

“Seriously. You didn’t miss me?” Justin continued.

“No.”

“No?” Justin asked. “Come on, you have to have missed me. Just a little bit.”

“Not one bit. What the hell are you laughing at, Trace?” Juls snapped.

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Trace responded trying to contain himself.

“It sure sounds like something.” Justin said punching the back of Trace’s seat with his fist. HARD.

“I’m a hundred bucks richer.” Trace said smiling at Juls.

“Are you two betting on something, again?” Juls asked looking between the two men. The two shook their heads no. “Yeah right. What is it?

“Nothing.” They both answered.

“Bullsh…bullcrap.” Juls corrected herself. Andie hadn’t heard her because she was intently into whatever was playing on the monitor screen in front of her. “Spill it,” she said looking at Trace.

“We just made a simple little innocent bet that Justin wouldn’t get a kiss.” Trace explained. When he turned around he accidentally turned Andie’s movie and audio off from the counsel.

“A kiss from whom?” Juls asked Justin intently.

“From you, Juls. Relax. You were only gone for twenty-four hours. Who has the time?” Justin said to aggravate his wife. “I would need more than twenty-four hours. You know that.”

“You’re a pig.” Juls said punching him on the arm.

“My movie stoppedit, mommy.” Andie complained.

“We’re almost home anyway, Andie. You can watch the movie at home.” Trace said from the front seat.

“Mommy.” Andie whined. “Uncle Trace drank from the box.”

“Ha!!!” Justin said loudly before he started laughing as he watched Juls turn around from facing Andie.

“Really?” Juls asked looking at Trace who looked at Andie wide-eyed. Juliana gave him an evil smile and grabbed Justin’s face and kissed him loudly.

“No!! that’s my money.” Trace cried. Justin still laughed louder as he looked at Trace and pointed as if to say ‘joke’s on you’.

“Correction. That’s my money.” Juliana said sitting back with a smile.

“It’s Justin’s money. Ms. Moore.” Trace said pissed off.

“Correction again, Ayala. Juliana Timberlake, Moore is my talent name dumbass. You should remember that. In conclusion Justin’s money IS MY MONEY.”

“Justin?” Trace supplicated.

“She’s my accountant, man. Speaking of accounting for money. Pay up.” Justin said still recovering from his laugh.

“Oh I hate all of you. That includes your spawn too, by the way.” Trace said as he handed Justin the hundred dollar bill.

“Thank you.” Juliana said snatching the money before Justin could get it.

“Hey!!” Justin whined mimicking his daughter.

“Here you go baby girl. You can put that in your piggy bank.” Juliana handed Andie the money. Andie was entertained the rest of the way to Anthony’s house looking at the neat looking guy on the bill.

“I swear that little girl has more money in that piggy bank than I do in my saving’s account.” Anthony said with a chuckle.

“She has a hundred more than Trace has, that’s for sure.” Justin said with a smile at Trace. Justin scooted over and tried to put his arm around his wife. He found it rather disturbing that she could have killed him with the look she gave him. So he moved away and quietness took over the car for the rest of the ride.

Later that night

Trace pulled up to the address he was given. The house looked fairly normal. It seemed to him that Kayla was keeping certain things from him. When he’d called her and told her he would pick her up at home, she had hesitated. She mumbled something about Noemi being at the diner by herself and her wanting to help her out. He had also over heard who he assumed was her uncle saying to close early because the contractors were coming.

Trace being the person that he was had insisted. Kayla had told him that she would meet him at the diner anyway. Trace wasn’t trying to roll that way so after some convincing, he’d gotten her address. At first he’d thought that maybe she hadn’t wanted him to see where she lived. Maybe she had been sort of embarrassed. After all he’d taken her to Justin’s mansion. The house did tend to intimidate people, but he didn’t think Kayla had been like that. Now sitting on the driveway of Kayla’s uncle’s house he threw the embarrassed thought to the back burner. The private entrance with guard should have clued him in.

The house was nowhere near Justin’s mansion, size wise. The house was beautiful. It looked to have three floors. He could see the pool lights illuminating what he though was the pool house. The pool house kind of reminded him of Juliana’s pool house in Orlando. The one she’d stayed in before she’d stolen his best friend. He laughed to himself at his own thoughts. She’d kill me if she knew I even thought that. Scary thought.

Trace walked up o the front door and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, Noemi answered the door. She had pigtails in her hair and was carrying a teddy bear in her arms. She wore pajama pants and a t-shirt and no shoes.

“I’m sorry did I get the wrong house? Did I ring the baby-sitter’s club?” Trace joked looking her up and down.

“Oh! The pre school baby sitters are on the other side of town. We only take children over four feet.” Noemi joked back with a serious face as Trace had.

“Good evening, Ms. Stand-up comedian. I see you don’t hate me completely.” Trace said jokingly then got serious. “I really am sorry about the whole Lance thing.”

“Lance thing? Who’s that?”

“Yeah exactly. I really am sorry though.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m over it. Kayla is in the pool house. Come on you can go through the house.” Noemi open the door wider. “Just go straight though all the way to the end and you’ll see the patio doors.” Noemi pressed a button to an intercom and announced his presence.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now if you’ll excuse me I have someone waiting for me upstairs.”

“Moved on from Lance pretty quick, huh?” Trace said without thinking. “Sorry I didn’t mean that.”

“That’s alright. Sean is always my rebound.” Noemi said with a wink as she walked away from him and up the stairs at the end of the long corridor.

Trace made his way up the steps to the pool house door and he could hear music playing from outside. He didn’t mean to be a peeping tom but he glanced in the window curious as to what Kayla was doing. Instead of getting a view of the inside of the house he got a straight look into Kayla’s eyes as she was looking out the window as he was looking in. they both jumped back. Seconds later Kayla opened the door with a hand over her heart.

“What were you doing?” she asked shocked.

“Nothing I was trying to see what you were doing?” Trace said innocently.

“Yeah right. If you wanted to see me naked you had to had come earlier, pervert.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.” Trace joked. “You look good.”

“Thank you.” Kayla said shyly. She hated that he made her act that way. To think that in Orlando she had been avoiding him was mind boggling. “You don’t look so good.”

“Gee, thanks Kayla. Always a pleasure.”

“I meant you looked flushed, moron.”

“Well shouldn’t I be? I just got caught looking in a girl’s bedroom window.”

“Oh yeah that’s right.” Kayla said with a laugh. “You ready?”

“Are you?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“What does that mean?”

“Nothing. Did you meet Sean?” Kayla asked as they walked back through the house.

“Sean?”

“No he didn’t.” Noemi said coming down the stairs leading upstairs.

“Maybe some other time. I’m sure you have plans. I wouldn’t want to interrupt them.” Trace said with a wink towards Noemi.

“Okay.” Kayla said confused. “I’ll see you tomorrow, No-no.” Kayla said opening the front door.

“Goodnight.” Trace said to Noemi as he walked out of the door.

Trace followed Kayla to his car parked out front. He purposely walked a couple steps behind her to make her nervous. But most importantly to look at her behind.

“You know, you need to stop being so obvious.” Kayla said as he opened the car door for her.

“You need to stop making it so obvious that you love me just as much as I love you.” Trace said with a chuckle.

“Love is a heavy word, Juan. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t carry it, if you tried.”

“Ahh that hurts my feelings, Kay-Kay. I can carry many words.” He said with a wink.

“Yeah I can think of a couple of words, alright.”

“I don’t even want to know what those words are.” Trace said pulling out of the drive way. “Let’s change the subject, okay. This house is pretty nice. Why did you seem to hesitate to tell me where you lived? I thought you were living in the ghetto by the way you acted.”

“Oh please. Even if I did live in the ghetto as you say. I still didn’t want you to know where I lived.”

“Why not?”

“Because you aren’t supposed to let your stalker know where you live.”

“Ohh that’s messed up.”

“I’m kidding, Juan. And the ‘ghetto’ in Beverly Hills? Come on!!”

“I’m from Orlando remember, Ms. Smarty-pants. I didn’t know the area when you gave me the address off the top of my head.”

“Okay. Okay. So where are we going on this beautiful evening, Mr. Ayala?”

“Well since I couldn’t think of a place more beautiful than my date. I decided maybe we could go to my place for dinner and a movie afterwards, maybe.”

“Your place?”

“Well Justin’s pool house is my place. Why do you ask like that?”

“Like what?”

“Like you’re scared.” He teased.

“Why would I be scared.” Kayla said looking out the window.

“Kayla, I promise I’ll be the perfect gentleman.”

“Will you?”

“You really don’t trust me? It’s not like that. I just thought it would be nice to have dinner by the pool. Quiet.”

“Okay, I’m sorry. I just kind of freaked out these days. I’m sure dinner by the pool will be nice.”

“Good. I didn’t cook for nothing.”

“Oh my God!! You cooked?”

“Again you hurt my feelings, Kayla. But don’t worry. When I said I cooked I meant I ordered. I’m really good. Years of practice.”

“Years?”

“Five guys in a recording studio get extremely hungry. I was the order-boy.”

“Oh. Well that still sounds better than you cooking.” Kayla laughed.

“I really love your laugh.” Trace said as they waited for the light to turn. “You should do it more often.”

“What do you mean? I laugh at you all the time.”

“Yeah my point exactly. You should laugh with me not at me.”

“I laugh with you all the time.”

“Not really.” Trace gave her a bored look. He liked this girl and something about her. Something about her way of putting up a front with certain things made him curious to know her. Her cousin put up a front all together different but Kayla seemed a bit hesitant about things. Like when he first met her she would ignore him or be a complete bitch but now she wasn’t so much. He was wondering what had made her change her mind about him. She didn’t talk to anyone at school that he could remember either. “Enough about me. How are you feeling tonight?”

“I’m very good, thank you.”

“That you are indeed. Very good.”

“Come on Juan. Don’t get perverted on me.”

“What?!! I didn’t say anything.” Trace said acting as if he was shocked. He was around the corner from Justin’s house. He turned the corner and stopped the car. Kayla gave him a strange look. “Get down, Kayla!!”

“Down?”

“Yeah, down!!” Trace said as he sunk himself down on the seat. Kayla surprisingly him, did the same.”

“What are we doing?” Kayla whispered.

“Why are you whispering?”

“I don’t know, why are we hiding?”

“I just wanted to see your skirt ride up.” Trace said fixing himself up. Kayla sat up and smacked him on the arm. “Ouch!!”

“Jerk!!” Kayla said fixing her skirt.

“Oh come on it was only a joke. I didn’t even look. You seem a little tense. I thought I’d make you laugh again. That’s all.” He said as he started driving up the long hill leading to Justin’s.

“You’re telling me you didn’t look?” Kayla asked.

“Seriously I didn’t. I’m just playing with you, Kayla. Besides you have jeans on. Relax. Have fun.”

“I’m trying.” Kayla mumbled. She had to mumble because if she didn’t. she would laugh and he wouldn’t win if she had anything to do with it. “I can’t believe I just fell for that.”

“It was a joke.” Trace said a little afraid that she might have not seen it that way. “Justin and I used to play it on any girl that would get in our cars with skirts when we were younger.” Suddenly she started laughing so hard, that he could see tears forming in her eyelids. “Are you…are you bi-polar?”

“Nope.” The question had made her laugh even harder.

“I really think I’m right.” Trace said as he entered his code on the security pad of the gate.

“I’m sorry it’s just that you really come up with the craziest things.” Kayla said composing herself.

“You bring it out of me.”

“Yeah right?!”

“No, seriously. Hold on.” He said as he got off the car and went around to open her door. He extended his hand out to her as he kept talking. “I’m really what you would call an asshole.”

“You don’t say?!”

“Yeah, really. It’s not because I truly an asshole as I’ve prove to you. But after a couple of years of being betrayed or lied to, you sort of become distant on purpose.”

“Who has betrayed you? You don’t seem betray-able. If that’s even a word. You seem to know a lot of people and have a lot of friends. At least you seem to, to me of course.”

“I do KNOW a lot of people but few of them I consider a friend. I don’t associate with many people at all even though I KNOW so many. The only people I surround myself with are the ones I’ve known practically all my life. I try to keep it that way.”

“Oh…” was all she said.

“Oh not like that, Kayla. I’m going to be honest with you. I am really hoping that you are different. I really am. And so far you seem okay. Don’t ask me to explain that but please trust that I’m trusting you with ME for right now. I like you. Okay?”

“It’s alright. I understand. You don’t have to tell me anything.”

“I’m such an ass. You want to go back home, don’t you?”

“Why would I want to leave. I mean I don’t think that confining yourself from making new friends isn’t very good. But I’m sure you have your reasons.”

“I do have many reasons and maybe sometime I’ll tell you all about them. Tonight. Tonight though, I want to know all about you.”

“There isn’t much.” Kayla said as they walked around the side of the house to the back.

“That’s a lie. Is this how we are beginning our relationship? On lies?”

“Relationship?”

“That’s what I said.” Trace said as they reached the end of the pathway and he stopped walking. “Oh my God!!” he exclaimed.

“What?!” she asked frightened.

“Look at this.” Trace said grabbing her hand and guiding her around the rose bushes. The pool was light only by candlelight. The water was covered with lily pads all with a tea candle on the center. Kayla was impressed, her smile came immediately. She kept her gaze towards the pool where a bridge crossed from one side to the other. On the center of the bridge she could see a table set for two with candles also on it. It was beautiful. She turned and smiled at him. “It almost looks romantic!!” he said guiding her to the table.

“This is really nice, Juan”

“Yeah it is. I wish I would of thought of it.”

“You mean….who thought of it?”

“I don’t know. I just want to see what’s on this table. This is really nice.”

“Wait. This wasn’t….?” she hesitated. “I though…never mind. Maybe we should leave, maybe all this is for your friends.” Kayla said starting to walk down from the bridge.

“The Timberlake’s are at the Chasez’ house recording. There is no one here.” He said stopping her from walking away.

“Then who would be here?”
“I don’t know.” Trace said pulling out one of the chairs for her to sit in. he sat across from her with an evil smile.

“Oh….that’s messed up.” Kayla said reaching over to flick him on the ear.

“Ouch!!” he said rubbing his ear. “We never win. Treat women nice and get hurt in the end. Treat them bad and you still get hurt. It’s a lose-lose situation with you women.”

“Whatever.” Kayla said looking around them once again. “This is really nice of you. This is a first for me.”

“As well as for me.” And he meant that in many ways. “Nice things for a nice girl.” Here comes our food. Hope you like Italian.”

“I do like Italian.” The waiter that seem to come out of nowhere brought over a large dish with a cover that she immediately noticed was a pizza dish, which made her smile. He also set a bucket of ice with a bottle of wine next to the pizza dish on the table. “Very original.”

“Thank you.” He said to her. He gesture a thanks to the waiter and he disappears as quickly as he had appeared. “I’m not always an asshole.”

“No one said you were.” Kayla said setting a napkin on her lap and her purse next to her chair. “I’m suddenly very hungry.”

“The bi-polar thing still stands.” Trace joked. “How many slices?”

“One is good for now thanks.” She said as he watched him set once slice on her plate and one on his own. “Stop that.”

“Stop what?”

“Staring.”

“I wasn’t staring. Besides you have something in your hair.”

“What is it?” she asked sitting very still. When he just smiled at her indicating that he had once tricked her again. She once again reached over to flick him on the ear again but he grabbed her hand before she could get to him. He turned over her hand and kissed her palm before she could even think of pulling away. Her face was on fire after that. “You shouldn’t do that.”

“It was a joke.” He simply stated

“Not that…. never mind.”

“What then? Kissing you? Kayla…” he hesitated to lean over the table slightly to whisper to her. “I haven’t even begun to kiss you the way I really want to kiss you.
The way I’ve been wanting to kiss you since the moment you walked into that classroom. So you’re safe. For now.”

“I…..” she couldn’t form words because she was blushing so bad she wanted to kill herself. So she turned to look around at the candles again.

“Don’t tell me you’re getting shy on me, now. Please.” He said trying to get her to relax again.

“Yeah well I can’t help it. I think you do it on purpose sometimes.”

“I do. I do mean everything I say.”

“I’m hungry.”

“Good change of subject, Kay Kay.”

“I try.” Kayla was trying to pretend that the night’s events, so far, hadn’t affected her. In reality she was feeling a little bit like jelly. It had been a long time since she’d allowed herself to go on a date let alone like a guy. She didn’t quite understand why Juan was quickly changing her mind about the latter. All she knew was that he was trouble for her. A distraction. A barrier.

“So who is Sean?” Trace asked after a few minutes of eating silence.

“It really took you long enough to ask me that?”

“I was busy trying to get you to relax. So?”

“I think I’ll let Noemi introduce you to him someday.”

“So you’re not telling me?”

“I think I’ll just let Noemi introduce you to him if she chooses to.”

“Okay fair enough.”

“You gave up quick.”

“Noemi isn’t the one I’m interested in.” Trace said setting another slice of pizza on his plate. “So tell me about yourself. Why are you taking accounting classes?”

“Well,” she started saying after taking a bite of her slice of pizza. “In three months I will inherit the diner.”

“Really?! That’s interesting. Why three months?”

“My birthday.”

“But your uncle isn’t dead.”

“Glad you noticed.” She laughed. “But the diner belonged to my parents. When they died…”

“Oh I’m sorry, Kayla.” He said sincerely.

“It’s alright. I was seventeen when they died. They were in a car accident in Orlando wile on vacation. Anyway they left me the diner, but the only way I can take it over, so to speak, is when I am twenty-five and have taken some business classes to be able to take over and run it.” She explained. “My parents were very anal when it came to business stuff. Anyway, I was pretty busy with stuff for about six years after they died that I didn’t have an interest in the diner, until recently. So
I’ve been taking as many classes as I could.”

“What were you doing for six years?”

“You don’t miss a thing? Do you?”

“Nope.” Trace said proudly.

“I was auditioning a lot.” She simply stated.

“Don’t be vague with me Kayla. Auditioning for what?”

“I dance.”

“Musicals?”

“I don’t think so. Although my parents would have had a field day is I was doing that.”

“So what did you do?”

“I was a back-up dancer for a couple artists.”

“Really??” Trace asked a bit surprised.

“Yup. And I do recall trying out for a couple of Nsync jobs.”

“Yeah right? What happened?”

“I got cut.”

“Tough business, I know. But I am sorry I didn’t get to meet you sooner. I was probably at those auditions.”

“You were. And yeah it’s a tough business but I didn’t get cut because I was bad. I got cut because I was too short.” She laughed.

“I know the feeling.” He said laughing with her. “So you had seen me before you saw me on campus?”

“Again, you don’t miss a thing, huh?”

“I hear everything you say. Verbally and otherwise.”

“Whatever, but yes I had seen you before. I didn’t really realize it until we got to L.A. and I saw Justin.”

“So all this time. You’d known who I was?”

“No, not really. I just thought you were some asshole hanging out with more assholes only they were celebrities.”

“You though I was an asshole because I was part of the entourage?” Trace seemed to tense up and Kayla noticed.

“No I thought you were an asshole because you cut me. And the worst part was the fact that you were even shorter. You should of given me a chance.”

“I didn’t cut you.”

“Yes you did.”

“I would have noticed you.”

“Not with a blond attached to your arm, you wouldn’t.”

“What blond?”

“Whatever blond you were with around September of 2000.”

“September of 2000?”

“Clearly there have been many since. Blonds. That is.”

“I don’t appreciate the fact that you seem to be insinuating that I am a player.”

“I am not insinuating anything.” Kayla said with a smile.

“If you truly believed I was a player, you wouldn’t be here with me.”

“True.” Kayla said resting back on the chair. “I think you promised me a movie.”

“I think I rather talk about you.”

“That’s not very fair. What about you? Why are you taking accounting classes? Are you handling Justin’s money?”

“Justin doesn’t have any money. Juliana does.” He joked. “No, seriously. I’m starting my own clothing line.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Why are you so shocked?”

“You don’t seem like a stylist, that’s all.”

“That’s because I’m a designer, which is different.”

“Oh, my bad. Why would you need accounting classes for that?”

“Thank you!!!!!.” He yelled out. “That’s exactly what I said?”

“Ooookay!!!” she said rolling her eyes with a smile on her face.

“Anyway, Chris has gone through the same process when he started, Fumanskeeto. We have the same business counselor.”

“You have a counselor?”

“Are you making fun of me?”

“Not at all.” She said sarcastically.

“I have a business counselor. Yes.” He said getting up from his chair. “Let’s go sit on the deck.”

“Okay.” she said extending her hand to his awaiting one. “So what did you do before designing clothes?”

“I worked with models.”

“How convenient.”

“Not like that, Kayla. I used to work, well I still do at times for Chris and Fumanskeeto. I was sort of the models’ manager. That’s how Juliana came to the picture. I helped recruit her.”

“And that’s how she ended up marrying Justin?”

“Not so simple, but yeah that’s how she ended up marrying Justin. Can we not talk about Justin, tonight?”

“Why not? I always liked that subject.” And it wasn’t Kayla responding.

Eight



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story