The stench of burnt pasta, red wine and fresh blood overwhelmed the room as the sun settled in for the evening.  The tension in the room is thick and suffocating as the weight of what just took place descends upon the young couple.  Neither of them thought their lives would turn out to be the nightmare it would become after everything came to light.  Justin always wanted to be her night in shining armor.  She had been through so much in her life that he was more than happy to be the silver lining in the dark cloud that came of her life.  It’s amazing how fast a life can change.  

 

Miranda never meant to turn his world upside down.  She knew that her past would catch up to her one day but she never would have imagined that the man she grew to love with all of her heart would get caught in her crossfire but alas, here they were.  Now, they just need to figure out their next move.

 

“You know there’s no way in hell I’m letting you go down for this.”  Miranda said.

 

“What else can we do baby?  We both chose to be in this relationship so we both are going to handle whatever comes.  I love you and I’m not going to leave you, no matter what.  But, we have to do what’s right.”  Justin said.

 

 

Picking up his cell phone off of the floor, he tried for the second time that evening to dial the all too familiar number.  On the second ring, the call was picked up.

 

“911, what is your emergency?”

 

“Can you send the police over to 2216 Fair View Parkway?  There’s been a murder.”  

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story