I don't care what anybody says, she's a lying, no good, manipulative bitch. Her angle's always been playing the victim, I honestly don't know why I'm surprised.     

You know what really fucking pisses me off though? She could have just told me the truth. I mean seriously, how god damn hard would it have been to just say "Hey, sorry Justin, but I really don't give two shits about you, so have a nice life."    

No, that would have been way too fucking easy.     

"Look... just... just let me explain, alright?" She pleads.     

Let her explain. Right.     

I really don't want to hear it. I got all the explanation I needed when I saw her on that stage. Then, to make matters worse, she's got that fucking tool in there pawing all over her.     

Like it wasn't bad enough that she had to lie about not being able to perform anymore. Oh no... she has to pour salt in the wound by apparently screwing her guitar player.     

Kinda makes ya wonder if any fucking word that came out of her mouth was even remotely true.    

Probably not.     

I'll bet she was even screwing that fucking coke head Ryan behind my back.     

All tonight has done is prove that I never knew her at all and I hate her that much more for it. It almost feels weird to say that, to actually feel it. But, it's the god's honest truth. I hate Madison Fox. The way I felt about her when we were first thrown together doesn't even begin to touch the way I feel now.    

"Explain all you want, but it doesn't change a god damn thing."    

"Justin..." She sighs and shakes her head sadly. "This is so not what you think it is. You should know me well enough by now to-"

"Sweetheart... I don't fucking know you at all. Looks like I never did." I laugh bitterly and roll my eyes.     

She's got some damn nerve too. Cry and whine about how hard her life was, how much pressure she was under, just to turn around and go running right back to it, asking me, of all people, to help.    

I knew hiring Jc was a shitty idea. He's always been a sucker for her bullshit. Guess I'll have to fire him in the morning. Bummer for him.    

"I didn't mean for this to happen, alright?" She shouts and all I can do is roll my eyes.    

Bitch, please.    

"I spent months working in some shitty little diner. I was exactly where I wanted to be and it still didn't fit. This band just fell into my lap. And I just... I felt normal again. So, we decided to see what we could make of it and we went to Jc. I swear, I had no idea he was working for you. If I'd known, believe me, I wouldn't have bothered."    

She can't honestly expect me to buy this horseshit, can she?     

It's becoming fairly obvious that this girl's goal in life is to fuck with me any way she can. Maybe it's paranoid, but I wouldn't be surprised if her and Jace planned the whole god damn thing.    

"What would have been the fun in that? There wouldn't have been anybody for you to dick over. Or... is that asshole in there the next target? You get bored with me and decide it was time to pull your bullshit on someone else? Sorry for not giving you enough of a reaction."    

"It wasn't about you. It still isn't." She whispers harshly and shakes her head. "And how can you even think I was deliberately trying to hurt you? I was fucking in love with you, you idiot!"    

Ya know... for Madison... this is pretty damn calm and it's a little weird. I suppose it's more proof that I have absolutely no clue who the hell she is.    

"Sure as shit didn't stop you, now did it?"    

"Look... I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had to find out like this and I'm sorry you think it was all just to fuck you over, but it wasn't. And... I am allowed to have a life. I don't-"    

"Not when it's one you already walked away from! Or was the goal just to get away from me? If it was, you really didn't have to go to all this trouble. You could have just written one of your shitty little songs and been on your way. But, I guess that woulda been to easy, wouldn't have gotten you enough attention, right?"    

"Fuck you Justin. Don't stand there and judge me for moving on with my life. Kinda funny how you can be all high and mighty about this shit when you're fucking Keri Butler. Picked up any diseases yet?"    

"Don't get pissy cause she's a better lay than you were."    

For a split second, hurt flashes in her eyes and I almost feel bad. Almost.    

"Yeah, well.. atleast my album didn't fucking tank."    

"Atleast she doesn't have a fat ass."    

"Really?" She chuckles darkly and rolls her eyes. "Thank you for reminding me that you have the mental and emotional capacity of a fucking ten year old. Have a nice life dickhead." She turns on her heel and stomps back into the club without another word.    

And, she does it again folks. Always running away when shit gets tough. She can't stand to be called out on her own bullshit.    

Looks like there's atleast one thing I still know about her.

 

*****************    

 

"Hey." Trace smiles as he enters my office and plops down in the seat across from my desk. I give him a short nod, keeping my eyes focused on the paperwork on front of me. "You calmed down now or what? It's been three fuckin days."    

"I don't know what you're talking about."    

"Guess that's a no." He mutters and rolls his eyes.    

He's been trying so damn hard to get me to talk about what happened in Colorado. Unfortunately for him, I have taken a very simple stance on the whole thing.    

I refuse to admit that anything happened. I see no point in dwelling on it or moping around about it. As far as I'm concerned, Jc pitched an act and I turned it down. End of story.    

But of course, my vertically challenged friend can't fucking let it go. Sometimes, he's such a friggen woman, always wanting to talk about feelings and whatever other girly bullshit he can pull out of his ass.    

"So, what're you gonna do about Jace man? He's like, afraid to even walk in the building and that's not cool."    

Oh yeah... guess I should mention the fact that I fired Jc two days ago. Trace, for some reason, thinks I was kidding. Which I wasn't.    

Jc knew what he was doing. He drug me out there knowing exactly what would happen when I saw her. Part of me can't help wondering if it was supposed to be some type of payback.     

He's convinced that I'm the reason Madison left, that it's my fault he ended up out of a job. What better way to get back at me, than confront me with the one thing I've been trying to forget?    

He so planned that shit. Probably had her in on it too.    

"Look man...just talk to him. You might actually be interested in what he's got to say."    

"Seriously doubt it. Nice try though."    

"Jesus fucking Christ." He sighs and leans forward in his seat. "I get that you're pissed. I don't blame you, alright? But as shitty as you're acting, we both know damn well you want her back. I know you've been waiting for her to come back, and ok fine... she didn't show up on your doorstep begging for forgiveness, but so the fuck what? The bottom line is, this is exactly what you've been waiting for. So, you've got two choices. Do something about it, or move the fuck on."    

"You done?"    

"Hell no, I'm not done!" He jumps out of his seat quickly and glares at me. "While you're at it, you can stop being a prick to me and everybody else. You keep this shit up, pretty soon, Keri'll be the only one willing to put up with your sorry ass. And I know how much you'd love that." He snorts before strolling out of the office, slamming the door behind him.     

It's almost funny how he thinks he's got me all figured out. But, he's so far off base it's unreal.     

Number one, I have absolutely no desire to see her ever again, much less want her back. Secondly, I'm not being a prick. I've adapted to the changes in my life and yeah... maybe it did change my personality a little, but that's kind of how change works. Plain and simple.    

He wants to give some speech and bitch somebody out, maybe he should call his buddy Jc. He's the one who's got the fucking problem.    

I love how I always get the blame for other people's bullshit. Like I'm supposed to sit back and smile while I get fucked over.    

Right. I'd love to see Trace do that.    

I open my desk drawer and roll my eyes at the sight of that wrinkled up piece of paper laying on top of everything else.    

Who the fuck am I kidding? Trace is 100 percent right. The fact that I still have that damn sheet of paper is proof of that.    

As mad as I am and as much as I think I hate her, deep down, I know I really don't. Maybe if I hadn't been so fucking surprised, I might have actually been happy to see her.    

And, really... I can't even fault her for dating that guy. I mean shit, look at me and what I'm doing. The circumstances may be a little different, but we're both doing the same thing.    

Trying to get back where we belong. Trying to be happy.     

Unfortunately, she seems to be pulling it off nicely while I'm failing miserably.     

So, the big question now is, what the hell do I do?    

I can deny it all I want, but her band was fucking awesome. The businessman in me knows they'd be huge. But, I'm not so sure I can forgive and forget enough to help them. Way too much shit has happened.    

But, maybe it's time I made some kind of sacrifice for her. Three years ago, she put her entire life on hold to cover my ass. Sure, the truth came out eventually, but we all knew that was bound to happen, one way or another.    

Maybe it's time to repay her for the shit she did for me.    

God knows I don't want to, but that's life, ain't it? Sometimes, you do shit you don't want to, to help the people you love.    

And that's what it comes down to. I still love her.    

Never stopped, really.

 

***********************    

 

I pull up in front of Jc's and roll my eyes at the condescending smirk Trace shoots my way.     

Little bastard. It's bad enough that he knows he was right. He doesn't have to gloat about it too.     

"So, what exactly is the plan here? I mean... you fired the dude. He's not gonna be cool with this little plan of yours."    

"You don't know that." I mutter and climb out of the car, Trace trailing behind me all the way to the door.    

"Well... I was right about everything else." He shrugs. "I'd say the odds are in my favor on this too."    

"Fuck off."    

"I'm not so sure that would be a good idea... see, I'm kind of the mediator here. Without me, this could very well turn into world war three, and if you two idiots kill each other, there's nobody around to sign my paycheck, and I am so not cool with that."

I can't help but laugh and roll my eyes. "Glad to know you've got your priorities in order."    

"Yeah man... you know me. Master prioritizer." He grins as the door swings open and Jc eyes me cautiously.    

"What's up?" He forces a smile and leans against the doorjamb.     

"Can we talk?"    

"Ya know... this is happening entirely too much." He chuckles softly and shakes his head. "Yeah man, c'mon in. So... what are we talking about this time?"    

"Oh just the usual... Justin's a douche... cost you your job again... wants to make up for his asshole tendencies. So yeah... nothing out of the ordinary." Trace smirks when I punch him in the shoulder.     

He really is a shit head when he knows he's right about something. I'll have to make sure it doesn't happen too often.     

"Figured as much." Jc laughs and rolls his eyes. "So..."    

"Alright look... I'm doing this all from a strictly business point of view, ok? Madison's band was good... and I think we'd be making a huge mistake to not sign them. I have no personal stake in any of this. We've got a flight to Colorado at six tonight. I've already got the contracts made up. And... if you're willing... I'd like you to sign on as their manager."    

"So, I'm not fired then?" He and Trace share a knowing smile and I'd love to knock them both the fuck out.    

I really don't like when everybody but me knows what's going on.     

"No. You're more or less being promoted. You already handled Madison's career... obviously, you're good at this. So... yeah."    

"Ok. But... the bullshit stops here, alright? I'm not going to do this with you breathing down my neck."    

"Fine by me. I want nothing to do with their account. It's all you and Trace. I'll deal with Keri."    

"Alright then. Let me get some shit together, then we'll head to the airport." He smiles as he hops out of his seat and heads up the stairs.    

Trace shoots me yet another shit eating grin and all I can do is roll my eyes.    

It's just business, why am I the only one who can see that?  

 

          



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: sequel celebrityj triangles