Author's Chapter Notes:
half ass proofread. haha. enjoy!

    

"Who's The Ledge?" I look up as Keri waves a magazine at me, a slightly confused look planted on her face.     

"A band." I shrug.    

If there is a god, he'll keep her from pushing this.     

We just finalized the contracts yesterday and by no means am I ready to tell Keri that my ex-girlfriend will be back in LA in a matter of days. That news will send her off the fucking deep end and I am so not in the mood to deal with that mess.    

"According to this, they're a band you just signed."    

So help me god, if there's any mention of Madison in that article, I will track down the writer and torture them in every disgusting way I can think of.    

Honestly, I don't even know how that's out already. I didn't do any kind of press release and it's not like Trace or Jc are talking to the media.    

Just goes to show that those assholes can get their hands on anything.     

"Yeah. We made it final yesterday."    

"Justin... that's great!" She smiles brightly and plops down across from me. "So... tell me about em. What's their sound? What're they like?"    

"They're... interesting." I shrug.    

How the hell am I supposed to answer those questions?    

We haven't recorded anything and outside of Madison, I don't know any of them. Plus... it hasn't even been 24 hours since we officially signed them. How would I know any of that crap?    

It's bad enough that she's controlling and manipulative, but does she have to be a fucking idiot to boot?    

I really know how to pick em, huh?    

I know I sound like an asshole and taking my stress out on Keri isn't exactly the best way to go, but it's so fucking easy. She may not be good for much else, but she does make an excellent punching bag.    

If I was smart, which I so obviously am not, I'd put a stop to this bullshit with her. Unfortunately, with Madison back in the picture, I need Keri more than ever.    

While Jc and Trace are off screwing around with Madison, I'm going to completely throw myself into working on Keri's next album.    

And maybe... maybe I should learn to accept the fact that Keri's probably the best I'm going to do now.     

I had exactly the kind of girl I wanted, but she didn't want me. Maybe I should just be happy that Keri actually does want me around. I mean, what's the point in moping about somebody who couldn't care less about me?    

And honestly, when she's not obsessing over work stuff, she's not so terrible. She can be kind of funny sometimes and she's not bad to look at. And, she's a fucking awesome cook.    

Maybe instead of worrying about Madison and all the bullshit that comes with her, I should focus on actually making something out of this thing with Keri.

 

****************    

 

I stroll into the office with Keri's hand wrapped firmly around mine and keep my eyes on the ground, hoping to avoid the curious stares being shot my way.    

Surprisingly, this whole thing isn't that terrible. Sure, the smug smile planted on her face is a tad off-putting, but it seems like my extra effort the last few days has put both of us in a permanent good mood.    

And really, I haven't even done that much yet.     

So far, I'm sticking to the basics, asking how her day was and genuinely caring about the answer, making sure not to snap at her over every little thing. And, there's definitely been more physical contact.    

It's taken some work, but every day it gets a little easier and less forced. So, all in all, I guess the effort is paying off.     

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, I don't think I'll ever be able to honestly say I love her. But, I'm gonna give it the best shot I can.    

Keri comes to an abrupt halt behind me and I tug on her hand, encouraging her to keep moving. When she doesn't budge, I turn to face her and there's no mistaking the shock and anger quickly taking over her features.    

"Ker? C'mon... we're gonna be late. We've only got the studio for a couple hours." She doesn't say a word but keeps her eyes glued to the same spot across the lobby.    

I follow her line of vision and feel my stomach tighten when my gaze lands on the four figures seated side by side.    

Benny is on the left, his chin resting on his palms as he stares at the plaques lining the walls. Stella is on the right, leaning back against the wall and staring at the ceiling, looking utterly bored. Madison and Lucas are in the middle, resting against each other, appearing just as disinterested in their surroundings as their companions.    

I know I should try to calm the furious woman beside me, give her some type of explanation, but the only thought running through my head is that the image before me would make a perfect album cover.    

"Justin...what is she doing here?" Keri hisses and I'm suddenly snapped back to reality.    

Whether I lie or tell the truth, a fight is inevitable. The fact that Madison's even in this building is going to send Keri into hysterics and right here is the last place I want that to happen.    

Madison and her buddies don't need to see it and I don't want the embarrassment.    

"Keri, we're late. I'll explain upstairs."    

"Like hell you will." She growls and rips her hand from my grasp. Before I can reach out to stop her, she marches off toward the band. Madison looks up, her features just as cold and angry as Keri's.     

Jesus Christ... I think my life is flashing before my eyes. They're going to rip each other to shreds. But, based on the way their last physical fight played out, my money's on Madison. Keri stops in front of them and I take a deep breath.    

Lord, if they kill each other, please just make it quick and clean. I don't think the blood would come out of that Persian rug.     

"What are you doing here?" Keri demands, seething.    

"Waiting." Madison shrugs, a small smirk playing at her lips.    

I know that look. She's going to push every single button she can find and chances are good, I'll be the one suffering the consequences.    

"How about you? Obviously, you're not recording anything decent."        

Keri's hands ball into fists and I swallow hard. Not gonna lie, if she decks Madison right now, it's completely deserved.    

But, the thing that's got me a little confused is Madison's reacting like this. Sure, I know they don't like each other, but Madison's the one who pretty much pushed me toward Keri.    

Or, maybe I'm letting my arrogance show by thinking this is about me.     

Two girls who genuinely dislike each other are face to face for the first time in almost a year, of course some shit's gonna get started. This really shouldn't be a surprise.    

"Shows what you know." Keri scoffs and rolls her eyes. "But hey, better to be fighting the sophomore slump, than be some desperate has-been, looking for a comeback."    

"Well... to be a has-been, you had to be somebody in the first place. It's a shame you'll never fit in either category." Stella grins wickedly as Keri's eyes widen. "Run along now. Your master over there's waiting."    

The four of them erupt in a fit of laughter as Keri turns on her heel and heads in my direction. She doesn't say a word as she marches straight past me and down the hallway.    

It's a ten to one bet that I'm about to get my ass chewed out as soon as I get back there, so I have every intention of taking my sweet ass time.    

I glance at Madison and her band and can't help but frown. They're just so... fucking happy.    

Why can't I have that? Why do I have to work so god damn hard to cover up the fact that I'm miserable? Why am I trying to make Keri happy when I don't even like being around her?     

And, why am I letting Trace and Jc work with the band, when I so desperately want to?    

I think it's high time I stopped whining and moping, and take matters into my own hands. And, I really don't care who I piss off.    

For starters, as soon as the proper opportunity arises, I'm kicking Keri to the curb. And then, I'm putting myself in charge of the band's account. From here on out, I'm calling the shots.     

It's time to start making myself happy for a change.  

 

 

 

           



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: sequel celebrityj triangles