The sun is shining brightly on a beautiful Saturday morning, making for a perfect moving day.  Justin and I are finally moving in together and I couldn’t be more excited.  The progression of our relationship has been natural and effortless.  We’ve been together for about four and a half years now and I couldn’t have asked for a better relationship.  I guess that’s what happens when you’re friends first.  We met six years ago when he came into one of my mother’s recording studios to lay down some tracks.  We were replacing some of the sound equipment and Justin and his friends came in right as I was about to leave.  We both attempted to open the door at the same time and when I let go first, he landed right on his keister.  Let’s just say he wasn’t my biggest fan or anything after that first exchange, but he tried his best to be cordial. 

 

About three months after our first encounter, we got a chance to talk.  For some reason, he came into the studio alone, saying that he needed to clean up a few of the tracks he’d gotten to record.  Supposedly he had talked to Rob our sound engineer and they agreed to meet up.  What Rob neglected to mention was that his wife was going into labor at any given moment and that when she called, he had to bail.  I was finishing up some scheduling paperwork for the studios when Justin came in and I had to give him the good news.  He could have finished up on his own but there was no way he could have locked up so I had to stick around.  The conversation was light and easy and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t attracted to him.  We decided that we liked working together and that we’d finish up his tracks on our own.  By the time he finished up, we agreed to go on our first date.  That was six years, three houses and two children ago.   

 

MaKayla and Madison were born three years ago and from the beginning, they’ve been daddy’s girls.  The contrasts between my two little ladies are fascinating.  MaKayla is the spiting image of her father and Madison’s my little mini-me, but they act the complete opposite.  MaKayla couldn’t be more like me if she tried and Madison and Justin were separated by a couple years at birth.  Our family just came together so well that I didn’t want anything to change.  Well, maybe one thing…We didn’t live together.  In all the years we were together, we never lived together.  That was all about to change. 

 

Justin and I just purchased our dream house.  A five bedroom, three and a half bath beach house on the shores of the Pacific Ocean with spectacular views and breathtaking balconies, this house was gorgeous, and all ours.  Mama Lynn came and took the girls for the day while Justin, Trace, Matt, Kijuana (Matt’s Girlfriend and a good friend of mine), my sister Kristina, my mom and I packed up both of our places and helped the movers load the three moving trucks to capacity headed to our new home.  I’m so excited that I can barely contain myself.   

 

“Nina, the movers are about to head over to the house, are you ready?”  Justin asked walking behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as I took survey of my old two bedroom home.  I’ve lived here for seven years and I was blessed enough that it sold fairly quickly in spite of the economy. 

 

“I am.  I just wanted to look around one more time.  Jus, I can’t believe it!  We’re finally moving in together.  I wasn’t sure this would ever happen.”

 

“Honey, we’ve been practically living together for the past three years.  I haven’t seen the inside of my house in ages.  Trace has all but turned it into his bachelor pad.  Although I have to admit, it’s nice to actually have a home to call our own.  I can’t believe you bought us a beach house.  This is the first time a woman actually bought me real estate.”

 

“Yeah well, I knew as soon as I mentioned getting us into a place of our own, you’d go out and try to surprise me with this gigantic monstrosity and I just couldn’t have our little girls running around in some concrete museum.  I’m glad I acted quickly.”

 

“You couldn’t have chosen a better location.  The girls love the beach so you definitely picked a winner.  I’m going to go help the movers with directions then take my mom the girls’ overnight bag.  She forgot it in all the hustle and bustle going on around here.  I will see you pretty lady, at our new place.” “Alright babe, I’ll meet you over there.”  I quickly give him a peck on the lips then ushered him out the door.  If I hadn’t, we’d currently be working on baby number three.  We’ll have plenty of time for that.  I have a really good welcome home in store for him.”

 

A few hours later…

 

As the movers bring in the last of the boxes, I take time to absorb my new space.  I casually stroll from room to room; making sure the movers put everything in its place so that Carmen and her design team can come in tomorrow morning to complete their job.  I can’t believe we finally did it.  Everything’s pretty much unpacked except for the last couple of items that I’ll leave for Carmen to handle.  Everyone else has left for the evening; they’ll be back sometime tomorrow before our housewarming party.  Feeling a bit excited and just a bit naughty, I hurriedly enter our massive master bath so I can take a quick shower.  I plan to give Justin a proper welcome home.  Justin bought me this body bar made from all different types of flowers and such and he loves the way it smells on me.  I take a few extra moments to stand under the water so I could wash my hair, returning it to its natural wavy state. 

 

Once I’m finally relaxed, I shut the water off and step out of the shower.  Wrapping a sea blue bath sheet around my body, I saunter over to my newly purchased king sized sleigh bed, plopping down in the center.  The soft, fresh linen feels so good under my back; I contemplate whether or not to move from this very spot.  It’s been forever since Justin and I have had any real time alone together and I really want to make the most of it.   Thinking of him and all the things we’ll get ourselves in to is enough motivation for me to get my tired bones moving again.  I reach into my nightstand and pick up a pack of post-its.  I scribble down my ideas and jump up from the bed to place them all over the house.  This is going to be so much fun!  

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story