It had been a month since I had returned back to Florida and Morgan had been home for three weeks and had informed me, on her arrival, that she was moving out. She had found a house and wanted something of her own where she could grow and do more with her life. I simply nodded, what else was I to do?

z88;

There was no way I could afford the town house on my own and she knew that which leads me to believe she had done it on purpose. Why would such a good friend as she claimed to be leave another friend stranded. But then who was I to criticize a friendship when I was sleeping with her boyfriend. I had the rest of the years rent paid which was only a couple of months left but, thank God, for that would give me enough time to find a good job and find somewhere I could afford to live on my own. Other than that tidbit of information she threw at me we seemed to be getting along fine, not the same as it used to be, but we were talking more. Maybe it was best she moved out anyway.

z88;

I missed Justin, but he would call every night. Morgan, of course, would get her phone call first and just before she'd hang up with all the mushy I love you’s, I’d run to my room climbing into bed waiting for the phone to ring again so that I could have my time with him. We'd talk on the phone for an hour or so and I’d hang up feeling all giddy, curling up with my pillow sleeping peacefully. The mornings however brought the reminder that he didn't belong to me and I would almost reach the point of depression. To say that he had gotten to me was a complete understatement.

Not even a week past and Morgan suddenly found her a great home, bought it, and moved in right away. Yeah, she wanted me to believe that it was sudden, but I knew better. My grades had been slipping in school, but I was finally getting myself together and was not only better in school, but better with the Justin situation. He had been so busy with Morgan and her moving out that he didn’t have time to call me. At first I was devastated, but with my studies he began to slip away from my mind.

I came home from school one day to find Morgan sitting on the couch, a look of distaste on her face as she glanced around the townhouse at my lack of decorating. When she moved everything had suddenly become something she had purchased, so for the sake of argument I agreed and let her drag it out. The house now sat a little bare due to my lack of time and money for fixing things up.

I sat my books down on the coffee table and gave her my best smile offering her a cup of tea.

“No thank you.” She mumbled and I heard her sigh before continuing on. “Rilyn the boys are going out to L.A. for a few days of R and R and I plan on going to spend the weekend with them. I would like it if you would come along with us. All expenses are paid, you just have to have a good time.”

z88;

z88;

z88;To say I was floored was an understatement. Maybe she felt bad about leaving me with rent and nothing to sit on, or maybe she decided she was up to something and felt the need to involve me, or maybe, just maybe she decided she was going to be nice for a change. Who know…but I was sticking with the second guess, she was up t no good, however I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity to spend a few days with Justin.

“Are you sure I wouldn’t be in the way?” I asked skeptically.

She sighed irritably, something she had begun doing every time I spoke, and gave me a God you are pathetic look before plastering a smile across her face. “You won’t be in the way. Besides I have a little business meeting set up while I am there and Justin wants to whine too much these days about my work overload and not enough time for him. He doesn’t understand MY career and how I am trying to build it up. What I do is not only a career boost for me, but him as well. God how I love my job and the power of success.”

She grinned a cheshire grin , mostly to herself and slapped a pat on her own back. This was the Moran I knew nothing about. This was the type of person I would never call a friend much less associate with. When she first got her job it was because of Justin and when she began to quickly move to the top it was with a little help from him as well. Now she was someone none of us knew, a greedy, selfish, uncaring bitch and I couldn’t understand why Justin still held onto her.

“……………keep him busy and ……Rilyn…..RILYN…..HELLO..are you listening to me?”

Her snapping fingers in front of my face pulled me from my thoughts and I looked at her questioningly.

“Good Lord….I said you’re going to have to keep Justin busy while were there so I can handle business. Do whatever he enjoys, just keep him busy and away from me.”

She finished her sentence as she made her way to the door not even waiting for me to respond. My answer of course would be hell yes, but I just nodded as I followed along behind her ready to shut her out so I could bask in the excitement of a weekend with Justin.

z88;

z88;

z88;



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story