"So everything's set?" Mackenzie Jefferson asks the nameless assistant, her hands busy flipping though her planner. "I do not want a repeat of the Thompson event from two weeks ago."

"Yes, ma'am. Everything is ready to go." The young girl says, slightly in awe of the woman standing in front of her. "Mr. Timberlake should be here within the next two hours."

"Should be or will be?" She looks up at the planner, her voice laced with annoyance.

The girls' eyes go wide and she stutters. "Will be. Sorry. He will be."

"Good." She turns and makes her way through the lobby of the hotel. Her mind running a million miles out. Mentally checking and double checking lists. She makes a sharp left turn, last minute deciding to take a look at the ballroom, slightly fearful that the young girl had it wrong when she said everything was set and ready.

She steps into the ballroom and breathes a sigh of relief when her eyes scan the room. Table cloths falling at the right length, flower arrangements impeccable, candles littering the tables. The room looks just as she wanted it to. Like she planned.

"Ms. Jefferson," She turns when the young assistant hurries into the room. "Mr. Timberlake is here early. His car just pulled up."

"Thank you. Please let him know I'll be waiting in here for him." She gives the girl a curt nod as a dismissal.

She surveys the room in silence, trying to run over all the details in her head once last time before he walks in.

"Mackenzie, you've out done yourself this time." A deep male voice speaks behind her.

She allows a small smile to form on her face as she turns to see Preston Timberlake standing beside her, eyes roaming the room.  

Preston Timberlake was the owner and president of several upscale hotels in the Atlanta area and one of the most powerful men in the city. It was something that she both feared and admired. She had never met a man like him before and that was part of the reason why she respected him so much.

"Thank you sir." She says as they walk from the ballroom.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Preston." He smiles down at her and she ducks her head at his teasing tone. "I'm going to head up to my suite to get some work done but I'd like to meet you at six o'clock to go over any last minute details one last time."

"Of course."

"You've really done a great job Mackenzie." He turns to her. "If you keep it up, you'll be running all of my events, both for the hotels and my personal life."

"Thank you sir." The praise from him still sounds like the first time. Acceptance from Preston Timberlake is something no one takes lightly as it doesn't happen often.  

Chapter End Notes:
just an intro of sorts. and i swear i'm still working on the others


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story