Story Notes:
Ok I shouldn't even start a new story because I haven't finished 'You Never Know' yet but this idea has been on my mind for a while and I want to see if anyone likes it before I continue.

 

"Two hundred and sixty seven... yes that's what they are telling me... I'm not their baby sitter I don't know." Why couldn't people do their job and leave me alone for two minutes out of the day. I look over at the clock 10:06am... It's going to be a very long day. "I'm sorry. No comment." "I'm sorry we are not commenting on a client's personal life right now." "Yes, I know both of the parties involved are clients of Shinetime however we are not commenting on either party's personal life right now." That is the twentieth phone call I have received in the last hour about a client that has had a horrible break up and the want comments on the breakup. I had two hundred and sixty seven people on the guest list for Wednesday's premiere; I really didn't have the time to deal with some useless drama about a music superstar's breakup with his overly paid horrible actress of a girlfriend. Maybe he threw a tantrum and she left his ass, I didn't know.

            "Tracey, can you please make sure that list is confirmed."

            Tracey peaks her head in the door, "Yes, I will confirm it before the end of the day."

            I guess if anything, after being here for the last three months I realized I was lucky enough to have an assistant that knew what to do and when to do it. She was one of very few in this office that I would trust with my clients. I only handle the high profile clients. The ones that are so untouchable that they think they are rulers of the world.

            After a very long hot day in the office, I was ready to hit the bed in my air conditioned apartment. The central air in the office would be broken on the hottest day ever recorded in history in Los Angeles. This was my first summer in L.A so I didn't know what to expect for weather, but this was beyond what I thought it was going to be like.

            Today seemed to start off with a nightmare. I was certain that everyone in that office had PMS today. I understand that we have children to deal with on a daily basis but that's no excuse for them to act like children themselves. I need a vacation and I have only been here three months. The job I could handle, it was the people I couldn't deal with. I have never been much of a people person. Hints the reason I'm twenty nine and about to embark on thirty and I was still single. Thirty. Thirty. I didn't see that coming. The only guys I have every dated were very casual. I never did the serious relationship route. I never had the time to devote to a guy. Or maybe I just didn't make enough time for a guy. My career had come first in every aspect of my life. All my friends have ventured off into an actual life. They were either married with kids or divorced with ex-drama, all of the joys of life. That's not what I wanted for my life.

             I jump on the 405 hoping that the traffic isn't too bad. Not to my surprise it is a nightmare. I remember there is a short cut to my apartment, only if I could remember which exit it was. I took the exit I thought it was, and prayed that it was the right one. There was no traffic. If this wasn't the way, I would eventually find my way home. And if I got lost, well then the 405 would be clear by then.

            Over the next few minutes everything seems to be a blur.  There was a car accident. From the distance it looks like there are two vehicles involved. As I get closer I realize that this accident had to have just happened. The white SUV seems to be fully involved, it has caught fire. But there was someone helping those victims out of the vehicle.           

            I jump out of my vehicle and run over to the black Audi that doesn't even look like a vehicle anymore. The gentleman across the road yells, "That one is too far gone. We have to save these ones." Was this person a fucking doctor? How did they know that this person was dead?

            "This one is still breathing. I am not going to give up on them." I attempt to open the door but it is stuck. The car is catching fire from the gas that is scattered all over the road from the other vehicle. The door is stuck it won't open. I'm not a strong person, I didn't know what to do to get this door open.

             Maybe it was adrenaline or just the fact that I wasn't giving up on this person but somehow I opened that door. I drop them down the street. I was glad I took that first aid class back home because I knew what to do to protect them from getting hurt even more.

            "Sir, are you okay?" He wasn't answering me though he was mumbling. He couldn't speak works. His face and upper body had been badly hurt. Maybe it was all swelling and bruises but he was unrecognizable. "Sir, they ambulance is on the way. What is your name?" He lost complete unconsciousness. I began doing CPR until he regained his pulse but he was still unconscious. Finally the ambulance arrived. They took the other victims first. Supposedly the other victims were better off. They had fewer wounds and were more likely to survive.

"Ma'am, is this your husband?" The EMT is asking questions but I can't really focus. "Excuse me, miss is this your husband? What is his name? How long has he been unconscious?"

"I'm sorry I don't know him. I have never met him before. I. I. I just helped him out of the car." I am shaking, losing control of my body. "I did CPR to regain his pulse but he never regained consciousness."

"You got him out of that burning vehicle?"

"Yes. No one was trying to save him."

"Ma'am you saved this man's life. He will be forever grateful. You can meet us at the hospital if you would like. I am sure the police will have some questions for you. Just to verify what has happened."

            When I finally arrived at the hospital I noticed that my phone was beeping from missed alerts. I had completely forgotten that my best friend was coming over to barrow a dress. I had missed fourteen calls from her. She was going to kill me. I picked up the phone and it rang. The next thing I heard was...

"You had better be in a hospital somewhere and not able to take my phone calls."

"Lexie, I am at Cedar Sinai..."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Oh my god, are you ok?"

"Yes, I am fine. There was a car accident." I felt the panic in her voice so I clarified. "I wasn't involved in the accident. But I pulled a man out of a burning vehicle. They don't even know who he is."

"You pulled a guy out of a burning vehicle?"

"Yes, no one was helping him. Someone had to."

"So you thought being five foot eight and a hundred pounds that you should drag a man out of a burning vehicle."

"I do not weight a hundred pounds, your exaggerating."

"Ok maybe I am but damn, that is something else."

"I couldn't imagine being in his shoes."

"Maybe he is your prince."

"Your funny you know that, right? We live in L.A. there are only frogs here."

"I found a good one."

"A Mr. Right now."

"At least I am getting out there."

"Well, I think I gotta go now."

"Em you have got to get out of your funk..."

"Lexie, I have to go now."

 

            Four hours after I had arrived at Cedar Sinai and there were still no answers of who this gentleman was. He was in and out of consciousness the entire time I was there.

             The nurse came in and said that visiting hours were over but that I could come back in the morning. How could I just leave this man here and he not even know who he is. They informed me that the police and the local news had broadcasted things over and over again asking if someone was missing a family member or friend to please contact the hospital.

            I left my cell phone number with the nurse and asked that she call me if there was any news. I returned home to find a hundred emails in my inbox. No doubt half of them were magazines, some TV shows or reporter just wanting a comment on my music superstar's breakup.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story