Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok here you go, 2nd update of the day!
 

 

            Seven forty two in the morning. I'm sitting outside of an unfamiliar house. What am I doing? Turn around. This is crazy. I step one foot out of the vehicle. You can do this.

            I ring the door bell. Nothing. I knock once then decide he either isn't home or isn't answering the door. Maybe he was with someone new and didn't want to get out bed. Or maybe this is just my way out of this. I tried. I turn to leave and I hear the door behind me open.

"Emily?" In his wonderful sleepy voice.

"Hi." I almost felt a little shy. What the hell was this man doing to me.

He rubs his eyes and smiles, "Hi." With a moment of awkward silence he says, "Come in."

"Sorry about stopping so early. I had convinced myself this morning to come over here. I thought if I waited all day I would find twenty reasons why I shouldn't see you."

"I said I would be waiting, morning or night doesn't matter to me. Come sit. I will make you some coffee." We walk into the kitchen, he turns on the pot. It begins to drip coffee into the glass pot.

"You look good... I mean you look like your healing well. The bruises are almost completely gone. The swelling isn't even there anymore."

"Thanks. I had great people taking care of me."

I was quiet for a moment, "So, what is this?"

"This is me getting you a cup of coffee..." he hands me a mug full of hot coffee. "Do you need cream or sugar?"

"Just a little creamer. Thanks."

He stands in front of the refrigerator as if the longer he stands there it will change what is in there. "Do you want breakfast?"

"No." As much as my stomach was doing turns, I couldn't even think about food. I was glad he just got his coffee and sat down. I don't think I could have handled the smell of him making food.

"So miss stubborn, why am I being graced with your presence this morning. Business or pleasure?" The evil grin that appears on his face really makes me want to kiss his lips. Really kiss them.

"Not business, however obliviously we are still standing here just staring at each other so it isn't pleasure either."

He takes a step close to me. I can smell his scent now. "That can be arranged but one quick movement."

"Trust me as must as I would like for you to push be against that counter..." The vision is now running through my mind, calm yourself. "We have things to discuss first."

He steps back, "Ok, what's on your mind, other than naughty thoughts?"

"So what is this?"

 "Well, Em I really think we have a lot in common and I think that we both know that we have a connection. We just kinda clicked."

"Ok first. Em... That is what my mother used to call me so please could you not use that. You have to earn the respect to use Em."

"I'm sorry I didn't know that was so personal."

"It's okay, you didn't know. I won't bite your head off, it just makes me think of her when someone says it. And when I look at you I don't want to think about my mom."

"May I ask a question?"

My voice was weak. I don't think I have ever said these words out loud before "She died a little over a year ago."

He reaches for my hand, begins to caress the curve of my hand. "I'm so sorry."

"It's been a rough year. I'm still dealing with it every day. But I don't want to talk about that any more... so answer me some questions."

"Ok I have to admit I'm a little scared." Exactly how he should be.

 "Don't be scared, just answer truthfully. I guess you should know now if you lie to me, I will find out."

"I can handle that." He sits back in his chair, sipping his coffee.

"Why was Jessica in your room at the hospital? Talk to me as Emily and not your PR."

"She claimed she wanted to make sure I was okay however she didn't care that I was missing for six entire days and she said she thought there was something going on between the two of us after she stopped at your office. Which is untrue but she made accusations."

"I didn't know that you were you until the day after her office visit.  When I saw her at the hospital she said, I know what's going on with the two of you but basically that you were back together and that I should step aside."

"That makes sense now. She kept saying something about a woman close to me, but I had no clue what she was talking about. But I guess she got what she wanted out of the situation. Her pictures were plastered as the good girlfriend all over the world. Well that was until I busted her story with my statement the next day."

"I need to know right now if that is over."

"I haven't been in that relationship for so long. As sad as it sounds, we tried and tried for years. It just wasn't working. The only thing that ever worked in our relationship was the sex. I made my decision. I deserve to be happy, actually happy."

"And this... this thing..." I start to fumble my words, "with you and I, why?"

"You can't even say the words... I felt something with you that I never felt the entire time I was with Jessica. Never once, not even for a moment did I feel what I am feeling right now standing in front of you." Those blue eyes were going to be the end of me.

"I need someone that isn't going to leave me. If we were to attempt this thing... you can't run from me. I'm not good at letting people go. The only option we have is all in or all out. Black or white, no gray area."

"Done. I'm all in." He says with a smile on his face.

"Well, I guess I have to head into the office now." I get up and move very quickly to the door, reaching for the handle. I get the door open before I see his bicep over my shoulder shutting the door.

"I think I would consider that running. If I can't run, neither can you. We need to finish this conversation." Shit Shit Shit.

"Justin, I have to go to the office. I am already..." I look down at my watch, "Two hours late, shit I have been here for three hours?"

"I'm going to let you go right at this moment, but we are going to have dinner tonight. Here at seven. I owe you."

I nod and walk out the door. I hear him yell, "First date with my girlfriend. I have to make it special."

            I climb in my car and see him standing in the doorway waving like a creepy stalker freak. Seriously what did I just get myself into? I was his girlfriend? When did I agree to that? I don't remember agreeing to that at all. A smile creeps up on my face. As bad as this may end, I was happy that I had made the choice I did this morning.

            I walk into the office with almost a swagger. I had to get a lot of work done in just a few short hours. I had a date. I had a freaking date with Justin Timberlake.

            I send a quick email to Lexie and tell her that I needed her help with something tonight to meet me around five at my apartment.

"Hey Emily, you were late this morning, is everything ok?"

"Yes, everything was fine. I had to make a stop this morning and it took longer than I thought it would. I lost track of time."

"You seem a little happier today, any reason for that?"

"No, no reason."

"Sure, ok. I haven't ever seen that glow on you, ever."

"Things happen for a reason."

            The hours seemed to drag by. There was no major drama of the day, so I just had work that I had skipped on doing the last couple days to catch up on.

            If that stubborn superstar did anything for me, it was to really step back and look at my life. I wasn't happy. I had emptiness that needed filled.

            But could I really handle this? Could I date someone and be capable of loving them? Could I date a client? I can't date a client? Could I drop him as a client? No, I wouldn't want to hurt his career. I have to cancel this date.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story