Author's Chapter Notes:
And here we go again....
 

Two hours and forty-five minutes from now, I will be on a date with Justin Timberlake. How did I let myself make this choice? I send a quick text to Lexie and asked her to meet me at the apartment, I needed her help. She never answered me so I assumed she didn't have her phone on her because she would never ignore a message like that.

            Only moments later I see her busting through my office door, breathing heavily. "I'm... here. What's up?"

I was very confused. "Why are you here?"

"You said you needed me, I'm here."

I walk over and shut the door to the office. "I asked you to meet me at the apartment. I don't want people in this office to know my personal life."

She laughs, "What personal life?"

My jaw drops, "Well then. I guess you don't get to know who I have a date with tonight."

"WHO??"

"Justin."

"Shut the fuck up? Seriously, a date? When did this happen?"

"This morning... however now I'm thinking I need to cancel the date now, I have a lot of work to get done... and ... he is a client."

She interrupts me before I say anything else. "I don't even know any of the details yet, but you are not cancelling a date with him. I will not allow you to. I will drag you to that man's house.... Give him a shot."

"I don't think you understand the ramifications this may cause for both our careers."

"Screw both of your careers for just a moment. He obviously isn't worried about it. Be happy."

"If for some reason this doesn't work, my clients now or even future clients could look at me as not professional and judge me on this. I have to worry about my career. I need to make money..."

"You won't have to work if you're Mrs. Timberlake."

I roll my eyes at her, "Lexie, please step out of whatever fantasy world you are in right now because I haven't even decided if I am going on this date yet, let alone marrying the guy. Hell he isn't even the marring kind."

"How do you know that?"

"Hello, last time I checked I was his Public Relations Agent. I know how that man works."

"You think you do. You don't really know him on a personal level. Give him a chance."

            Give another person a chance to hurt me. That's exactly what I want to do.

"Would cancelling now, two hours before the dinner be really rude?"

"Yes. Cancelling at all would be rude. Go have dinner with John Doe. Not Justin Timberlake. But let the guy that is John Doe shine though.

"What?" I shake my head as if I don't understand.

"Have dinner with the guy that you got to know after the accident, not the celebrity that you seem to think he is."

            I really did miss the guy that I got to know at the hospital, but he was Justin now, not John Doe. What if he was a different person now? He has been nothing but sweet to me, even after he got his memory back.

            When we arrived at the apartment, I jumped in the shower. I stood under the water pressure for a very long time, maybe a part of me trying to think of an excuse to get out of doing this tonight and a part of me that was excited to finally have a date, even if it doesn't work out. I shaved every crevice of my body and step out into the bedroom. It looks like California just had an earthquake, causing my closet to explode into my bedroom.

Lexie throws three more dresses down onto the bed, "What are you going to wear?"

"Lex, I think I am just going to wear jeans."

"Jeans?" She wrinkles her nose at me, "This is a date."

"Don't wrinkle you nose at me like that. I always wear dress clothes; I just want to be casual."

Her eyes get big, "William Rast. Of course, he will love jeans."

"This is about me, not him."

"Honey, it's always about them... If you want to get some tonight, wear the tight ones."

"Who said I was sleeping with him tonight?" Holy shit. I didn't even think about having sex with him. I bet that man is pretty damn good. He knows how to move those hips... I shake my head trying to not think of those thoughts.

"Your thinking about it right now aren't you? Thinking how great he is going to be? How big his penis is? How long he can last?"

"Lexie, shut up."

"All I have to say is, I want details... all the details."

"I love you Lex, but you can leave now."

She turns to leave, with a huge smile on her face. "Details..."

"Goodnight Lexie."

           

            I stand and look in the mirror. Jeans check. Heels check. Tank check. Jewelry check. Perfume check. What was I forgetting? Maybe it was my brain... my train of thought... my career? Was my tank too revealing? Should I put another tank over it? Was he a boob man or just an ass man? Was I underdressed? He said dinner at his house. I was second guessing everything involving tonight. I needed to get out of the house and simply get on the road because if not I would find something else to stress over.

            It was a beautiful clear warm night in Los Angeles. The sun was starting to set, it was beautiful scene. The neighborhood Justin lived in was not what I expected. There were kids riding bicycles and playing on the sidewalks. I guess I thought he lived on Bachelor Boulevard or something. Granted his house did sit back everyone else but the gated community was different than I thought it was going to be.

            I pull into the drive way and park next to a brand new Audi sitting in the driveway with thirty day tags. He must have gotten a new car already, like he needed another one. I had to admit he was a sleek new car. I would have to look into one when I finally kick this BMW to the curb. Wonder which dealer he goes through? I wonder what year it is. Did he get a special one or is this stock? I was trying to take my mind off of what I really had to do.

            Get out of the car stupid, you can do this. I shake off the nerves and knock on the door.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story