The butterflies in my stomach won't see to go away. Gaining composure I walk down the stairs back into the kitchen. He was slamming things down on the counter.

"I burned dinner." He shakes his head in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault."

"I should have shut the oven off before I went upstairs to change." Stilled pissed off, shaking his head.

I step over to him, placing my body directly in front of his leaning against his chest. "It's fine. We can order some pizza or some Chinese and have it delivered, or we can go after it. It's not a big deal."

"I just wanted everything to be perfect." He looked so disappointed.

I step back, "Justin, nothing is ever perfect." I walk over to the fridge, "Do you have anything we can cook here?"

"I just went shopping today so there are a lot of things to choose from."

 

            After inspection of the contents in his refrigerator, I come up with something. I washed and prepared breadcrumb stuffed portabella mushrooms then placed them in the oven. Boiled water and threw in some bow tie pasta. Sliced and grilled chicken breast then added heavy cream, some garlic, parmesan cheese, butter, and some fresh parsley.

"You make that look so easy."

"I enjoy cooking. I just never have the time or someone to cook for."

"Well, you can cook me dinner every night... that smells so good."

"Where are the dishes?"

"Actually, I have the dining room set up for us. I will get the plates from in there." He leaves and returns with large square china.

"These are gorgeous."

"Thanks. Everyone else has said they didn't go well with everything else."

"They were all wrong. I love them"

            I place the food on the plates and he ushered me into the dining room. It was a grand dining room, I shouldn't have expected to see a table for six knowing how big the room was. There sat a table easily big enough for twenty people. But at the very end of the table was a place setting for two. Lilies are lined on the table with candles lit and the sound of music in the background.

"Wow... I wasn't expecting this."

"I aim to please."

"I bet you do..." I mutter under my breath. I am sure he heard me because the smirk that is on his face is giving it away.

            We sit for a couple moments simply eating, a moment in time that is shared between the two of us.

"This is really good... you are an amazing cook." He says as he is stuffing his face with more.

"Thanks but that is just simple pasta."

"I wish I could make simple pasta like that."

"I can teach you a few things."

 

He is quiet for just a moment, "So what is your schedule like the next couple weeks? I seem to have some time off."

How random of him to ask. "I don't have any time scheduled off. When I have clients like... you... I don't get time off."

"So what do you do when you have time off?"

"It's been so long, I don't have a clue." I don't remember the last time I had an entire day off to do nothing.

"I'm going to change that."

"Are you now? I can't just get time off like you can. Why do you ask?"

"I wanted to see if... you... would like to... go to Memphis with me for the Fourth of July?"

"What?" I had the serious shocked face and stiff posture.

"Emily, don't look at me like that."

"Memphis, with... your family?"

"Well, yes they live there. I want to spend the holiday there and I want you to come with me."

"You don't even really know me and you want to take me to meet your family?"

"Emily, I know that I am pushing things very fast but I just want to spend as much time as I can with you. If this is moving too fast for you I understand."

"Justin... it's just..."

He drops his head in disappointment. "It's ok. You don't have to go."

 

Those baby blues seem to have so much disappointment in them makes me feel bad. When did I become a sap? "Justin, I am not saying I don't want to go I'm just trying to tell you, that is my birthday."

"I didn't know. Memphis is a great place to spend your birthday in."

‘The fourth of July has always been a holiday I spent with Lexie, because we share a birthday. It's something we do together every year."

"I understand..."

"Justin, look at me." I push his chin back up in the air, "I will talk to Lexie and see what she has plans for."

"You would do that for me?"

"In some strange universe, yes. I am not sure why yet but I think I want to go. Only one problem..."

"What's that?"

"It will have to be a working vacation... there is no way I can get the entire time off."

"I can handle that as long as you enjoy your time there."

            I just agreed to fly to Memphis with him and spend a holiday and my birthday with his family. Wasn't this the first date? I know I have been out of the loop with dating but I was not interested in things going this fast.

            Justin loads the dishwasher and I walk out onto his back patio. The view overlooking downtown Los Angeles was unbelievable. I wish my view looked like this. I stood there in an almost daze. The scared part of me that I thought I was going to have to fight off tonight was nowhere to be found. I wanted that part of me to come out so bad, I wanted to run but I wasn't going anywhere. I was content being here in this moment.

 

He walks up behind me and wraps his arm around my waist. "I brought you a beer."

"Thank you. I saw those in the fridge earlier and was going to get one but I didn't want you to think I was a secret alcoholic or something."

"Well then I guess I should tell you now, I am a secret alcoholic. I always have beer in my fridge."

"I'm more of a whiskey drinker than a beer drinker..."

"A woman after my heart. I love it." We stand for a moment just looking at the downtown area. "I love this view."

"It's beautiful. I could see myself living here, looking down at the city all the time." Shit, did I just say I wanted to live here?

He whispers in my ear. "You can move in whenever you want."

I turn around pretty quickly. "That's not what I meant... I meant up here on this hill somewhere."

"It doesn't matter what you meant, it's how I took it." He turns to sit on one of the chairs.

"Of course, Mr. Timberlake is always right."

"Don't say that in a negative way."

 

            The sun was setting in the backdrop. The skyline was a gorgeous blue and purple. I hear a song I recognize on the radio which he has turned up now. "I have always loved this song." It was a classic Garth Brooks song, ‘The Dance' He stands and reaches for my hand, "Dance with me." I take his hand and we begin to sway back and forth. This man was beyond my wildest dreams. Why have I run from this feeling for so long? It was amazing being in his arms. He begins to sing softly into my ear, "Holding you I held everything... For a moment wasn't I the king... But if I'd only known how the king would fall... Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all..." he has no idea how much singing to me turned me on.

            A small innocent kiss on my neck has turned into that adrenaline rush of wanting even more of him. I told myself I wouldn't do this, but I couldn't control myself. I had to have more of him.  Kissing him made me want to do more. Within seconds we were in his bedroom, removing articles of clothes slowly but in a constant movement. He slowly lowers me on to the bed and climbs on top of me kissing every inch of my body. "You are absolutely gorgeous" He didn't need to say anything to make me want to do any more. I was already in his bed, I was already undressed. I was already ready to let him take advantage... or I was going to take advantage.

Chapter End Notes:

Waiting patiently for reviews....tapping foot.... patiently.

Or even thoughts are welcome!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story