Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is Chatper 14!
 

I wake to the sun shining in my eyes. Did I forget to drawn the blinds again last night? That is not the window in my apartment. That is not the color of my sheets. Where the hell am I?

 

I felt his arm get a tighter grip around me and his lips on my shoulder to kiss me lightly. The clock on the night stands said, 7:40am. Shit I was late. I slowly attempt to budge his grip off my stomach. He had his arms completely wrapped around my body. "Stay in bed with me."

 

"Justin, I have to get into the office. I am already late."

He let go of his grip and let out a gasp of frustration as I climb out of bed, trying to find my clothes. "Call in sick."

"And tell them what?"

He pulls me back onto the bed. "Tell them the truth... Your client needed some personal attention last night and you must have pulled something because you can't seem to walk.

I snicker, "Oh you think you're that good Mr. Timberlake?"

"I'm sure your legs are still wobbly this morning. I had them in the air for quite some time last night or this morning, whenever it was."

I hate to admit this, but he was right. I stand and my balance is kind of unsteady. I walk into his bathroom; stare at myself in the mirror. I had seriously slept with him on the first date. I'm such a whore. It was worth it though. That man amazed me more and more.

Take a leap or Take a step back.

I pick up my phone and call the office; I had to let them know I was going to be a little late.

"Good morning, Emily Clarkson's office."

"Hey Tracey, It's Emily."

"Oh hey, Em, what's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know I won't be in the office today." I paused for a moment, did I just say that?  Out loud? "...If something major comes up just call me. I will work from home this afternoon if I need to." I just called off work for this man, why would I do that?

"Have a great day. Enjoy a day off, you deserve it."

Wow, she didn't ask any questions. Does she know that I am with Justin? Does she know that I slept with him? There's no way she could know.

            I step out of the bathroom and see him spread eagle across the bed. "You better make room for me in that bed."

            His head pops up quickly, "There is a lot of room in this bed. But don't come back in this bed if you are just going to leave right after."

"Well aren't we a little demanding now." I crawled up the bed and climbed on top of him.

"I like a woman on top."

"No you don't... don't even go there. You like to have the control." I grab a hold of his arms and pin him down.

"Ok, you may be right with that one but I enjoy an aggressive woman that demands to be one top." He kisses me and then says, "I thought we were going back to bed."

"I did not just call in sick to work to sleep all day."

"What did you have in my mind Ms. Clarkson?

"Well, Mr. Timberlake. I was thinking that maybe you could make me lose the feeling in my legs again."

He suddenly flips me on the bed and jumps on top of me. "Mission Accepted."

 

            Falling asleep in his arms was the best thing that I had felt, minus the amazing orgasms he gave me, in months. I never thought I needed the warmth and comfort of someone else before. I know that this thing that we are in right now maybe not work out however it was what I needed right now. Take each day as it comes.

            I wake hours later and he was gone from the bed. I got up and walked into the bathroom thinking, I wish I had thrown my toothbrush in my purse, just in case. But that would have made me think I expected something else to happen, that I would have spent the night with him. I started opening cabinets, looking for mouthwash... something to take this gross taste out of my mouth. Suddenly I see Justin standing over me and I feel like I have just invaded space that I shouldn't have been in.

"Looking for something?"

"Mouthwash." I said shyly.

He flips open his hand, "Will this work better?" In his hand was a brand new toothbrush.

"Thank you... but... should I be worried that you carry spare toothbrushes for your random hookups?"

First of all, you are not a random hookup." He is pointing the toothbrush at me as if he was trying to make a point. "Second, I don't do random hookups as much as you think I do. Third, I just bought that at the store for you."

"You went to the store?" I cocked my head sideways, a little confused.

"Yes, I picked up some things and figured you didn't have one and would want one. Trust me it felt weird buying a pink toothbrush. The girl at the counter gave me a funny look, but that could have been because of who I said I was buying it for."

"Oh no, please tell me you didn't" I cover my face with my hands.

"Oh, I did. You will get a call later verifying a report..." he started laughing.

I was shocked and a little scared. "What did you say?"

"I said it was for my wife. She makes do all her routine shopping and that I was surprised it was just for a toothbrush and not her tampons again..."

I breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank god that's all you said... Wait you said your wife?"

"What did you think I said?"

"I was just hoping you didn't use my name, that's all."

"Oh I see how it is, I get the embarrassment of buying a pink toothbrush but you don't want you name attached to mine. I see how it is." He turns and walks out of the room.

"Are you five years old and need to throw a tantrum, Mr. Timberlake?"

"Maybe."

            Was he seriously upset over my comment? I didn't mean it in a way to hurt him. I was being sarcastic, serious but sarcastic. Would I always worry about being with him? Would there always be second guessing on what we could do? Could we ever be in public together? More reasons this whole thing won't work out. Did I want to keep my relationship with him quiet, yes I did but it wasn't because I was ashamed of him or anything. I simply didn't want to hurt his career or my own before we knew where this was going.

            I brushed my teeth and laid the tooth brush next to his, that freaked me out a little bit. I walk down the stairs and he was nowhere to be found. I walked out back to find him sitting on one of the patio chairs near the pool. He was seriously upset over this. I walked slowly over to him. I had made the decision I was going to go into the office. I had work to do and sitting around all day wasn't helping it get done.

He looks up at me with the most serious face, "Will I ever be able to walk into a restaurant with you without you freaking out that someone saw us? Will I ever be able to call you my girlfriend in public?"

"I need to figure out how to get this to be ok and not hurt your career..."

"Screw that. Talk to me as your boyfriend not as your client."

"I think you are forgetting that you are both. It's hard to have one without the other. I know that you are a client and I know that you are my boyfriend but..." Whoa, I just said that out loud. "I have to be in work mode all the time. And this... this relationship could be bad for your career."

 

 "I know that my job creates more craziness that I would want but I want a relationship with you, a real ‘I love you' kind of relationship. You said it was all in or all out. I was all in. I think that's a decision you need to make now."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story