I forgot to shut the blinds last night, now I am suffering as the sun rises a little after 5:30am shinning right into my window. I had to get out of bed anyways. I wanted to stop at the hospital on the way to the office.

"I'm sorry miss. Can I help you?" The nurse stops me as I enter room 5222.

"I'm looking for a gentleman that I was here with last night. This is the room he was in."

"Oh, you're looking for John Doe."

"That's what you're calling him?"

"Yes. That's what we call patients that don't have an identification."

"Ok, well where is he? Did he make it through the night?"

"Yes, he was taken down for an MRI this morning as a precaution. He should be back any moment now. You must be beautiful brunette he kept referring to."

"Is he awake?"

"Yes, however he seems to have a touch of amnesia. He doesn't remember anything before the accident. He remembers you; he was referring to you as his wife."

"Is it permanent?"

"Most times after a traumatic event like he has gone through, the body tells it to not remember it. Only time will tell... It looks like he is one his way back right now."

            I look over and this man with a tiny very muscular frame is covered in bruises and stitches. He face looks like one big bruise. I felt my heart stop for a moment. He must be in so much pain.

"There she is, that's my wife. I told you I had a wife. She knows who I am." He takes a hold of my hand. I feel the weight of the world suddenly on my shoulders. I was about to crush this man's entire world. They put him in his room. I walk in behind them, sit down next to him. "Well damn I got lucky, looks like she has the beauty and the smarts. Look at business attire she has on. Damn I got a gorgeous wife."

I smile lightly at him, remove my hand from his, "I'm not your wife. I'm sorry."

"Then why were you with me the entire time... how do I know you?"

"I pulled up to the accident and helped you. I don't know who you are... I'm so sorry." It breaks my heart that I have to give this guy this news.

The tears start to well up in his eyes, I take his hand. "I'm not going anywhere. I will sit next to you all day if you would like."

"You would do that for someone you don't know?"

"Not just any stranger, you said I was beautiful so I guess I owe you."

"Thank you."

"But you should know that I will be bringing my office in here today. I have a ton of work to get done."

            I couldn't bear to leave him there, alone all day. I called into the office and told Tracey that I was working from home today and that if she needed anything to call my cell or email me. I couldn't believe that this was a choice I made without even thinking about it.

            I pulled out my laptop and used his moving table to set up a mini desk on.

"So what do you do?" he asked.

"I'm the Vice President of Shinetime Entertainment Group. It's a PR/Marketing firm."

"Oh."

"What's that supposed to mean." I took a little offence to that.

"Nothing, remember I don't know anything about ... well anything.

"Oh yea, I forgot."

"Oh are we cracking memory jokes now." He smiles at me.

"Sorry."

"So, how did you get to be a vice president at what, I'm guessing about twenty seven years old?"

"I'm actually twenty nine, and I have worked my tail off for the last decade."

"You must be good."

"Oh, I am good at what I do."

"I bet you are."

"Are you seriously making sexual references to me after only meeting me hours ago?"

"What if I was?"

"Seriously, cut it out."

"What else do I have to look forward to?"

"This is true. You have actually stooped to spending the day with me. Karma must be kicking your ass right now."

"What goes around... comes around." He gets a straight forward look on his face then snaps out of it.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, that just sounded familiar."

            The next few hours I worked diligently. I had this major premiere tonight and everything seems to fall at the waist side if I'm not in the office demanding things to be getting done. Finally I tell Tracey to get everyone down to the event location and make sure that their client has a seat ready and make sure their client is at least getting ready because they only had two hours to get their asses there.

"Wow, you're a mean one."

"Naw, I just have dimwits that work for me."

"Fire them."

"I wish I could."

"I thought you were Ms. big shot Vice President."

"Well legally I would have to find a documented reason why to fire them. Trust me I am looking." I throw a little wink at me.

"Hey now, none of that. If I can't take everything you say and make it sexual you cannot flirt with me."

"I would never"

"Yea, sure"

 

            I started packing my things up because I had to get to this event. I had just over an hour to run home shower, get ready, and make it there before the craziness begins.

"Where are you going? I thought you said you would spend the day with me?"

"I have to go to this movie premiere. I have nearly three hundred guests that are going to show up and have to deal with the dimwits that don't know what they are doing."

"Will you stop back?"

"I will try. Visiting hours end at 7 and I might not finish work until after that."

"I hope I get to see you later... Thanks."

"For what?"

"For just sitting with me today."

"You're very welcome. I'm surprised you enjoyed my company."

"The pleasure was all mine."

I just shake my head at his sexual innuendo again.

           

            If I wouldn't have enjoyed myself as much as I did today I would regret the choice I had made, but I really enjoyed spending time with him. Maybe it was because he didn't know me, he didn't know how sheltered I had become in the last couple years.

            There were three agents that were going to get an earful in the morning at the office. It was completely unnecessary to have made some of the mistakes that did. Most important thing is getting your clients there and on that red carpet before the movie starts. Now those people have lost the promotion for whatever they were promoting. Bad choice on their part.

            When everyone went to the after party, I skipped out and went back to the hospital. There was about twenty minutes left to visiting hours and I was going to at least stop in and see him. I was rushing as fast as I could in five inch heels up stairs and down the hallway.

"Well damn. Just when I thought you were gorgeous in your little pants suit, you step it up a notch. You're gorgeous."

"Thank you. But please you don't have to pretend to be nice to me."

"Oh honey if I wasn't being truthful you would know."

"Are you starting to remember things?"

"Not fully. But I think I know the kind of person I was and I know that I would never let someone that looks at beautiful as you do walk into a room without acknowledging that."

My cheeks blush and I turn away. "I brought you something."

"A piece of my memory?" His eyes light up and smiles really big.

"No, I don't think your brain is even remotely close to the size of this." I reach in my bag and pull out a container that has chocolate covered strawberries in them. "I know you don't know if you like them, but these are my favorite so I wanted to share them with you."

"Give them here, I will try it and see if I like them. Let's just hope I'm not allergic to something."

"Don't say that. It would be my luck to poison the one person that actually enjoys spending time with me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing... just enjoy the strawberries."

"I thought we were sharing them?"

"I already had one, those are for you."

"Have one more with me, please."

 

            How can you turn down a guy that this is all he has at this moment? He simply only had the moments that you were sharing with him. It would totally kill my diet, but what the hell. I had no one to impress anymore. L.A. was kind of lonely.

Chapter End Notes:
So let me know what you think... should I continue?


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story