Author's Chapter Notes:
I am warning you now... Brace yourself.
 

            I had to get into wedding planner mode pretty quickly. All those little details needed to be made. Location. Food. Alcohol. Flowers. Colors. Favors. Hotels. Flights. The Dress... the dress is going to be the hardest detail of this wedding. It was the one thing my mother always looked forward to on my wedding day. We had talked about it many times as I grew up. It was the very last thing we ever talked about.

            There's a wedding planner that I'm meeting this morning and she was already ten minutes late. I don't know how much I like that. I wish Justin was at this meeting but I knew there was no way with his schedule today that he would be able to get out of it.

            I didn't trust my new assistant, Cheryl, just yet so she knew nothing about my personal life. She was demanded to sign a confidentiality waver for me when she took the job. There is normally a simple one you sign for the company but since I have been the target of the tabloids I was sure to change that. The days that Justin visits the office I made sure that she is busy with something to occupy her time. The last thing I needed was someone else running to the press with stories.

"Emily.... Mindy Weiss is here to see you." Cheryl says in her high pitched voice.

"Send her in Cheryl."

            Mindy walks into my office and I don't know why, but I expected her to be a tall blonde but in walks a petite brunette through the door. I stand to greet her. "Ms. Weiss it's nice to finally meet you."

She extends the gesture then sits, "So what kind of event are we going to be doing for you?"

"A wedding, in the spring of next year."

"That's good timing. Is the groom going to be here today?"

"No. Privacy is a big issue with us. We need someone on board that can do this with complete confidence of the privacy."

"I have done many high profile celebrity weddings. Is that what we are dealing with here?"

"Yes. My fiancé is Justin Timberlake."

"Oh." She raises her eyebrows, surprised to hear his name. "What kind of wedding are you both looking to have?"

"Small wedding, maybe a hundred, I guess maybe two hundred guests if we have to. We are going to keep it as small as we can."

"Any specific locations in mind?"

"Nothing is set in stone, either Los Angeles or Memphis if we can. We are open to any and all the ideas you might have. We want it to be classy and elegant with a twist of who we are in it."

"Well I have tons of samples and ideas you can go through. Maybe we could set up a meeting in two weeks to go over some things with you and your fiancé."

"That would be perfect." I stood as she stood. "It was nice to meet you."

"I look forward to making this a beautiful day you will never forget."

 

            I didn't have the time to really deal with any of the wedding details. She was the best there is and I had to trust someone else to handle it. Justin is not in town all the time and I'm the office all hours of the day. Time was something I didn't have to spare.

            The afternoon snuck up on me faster than I realized. Before I knew it, it was after lunch and the stack of paperwork didn't seem to shrink at all. I still had so much to get done. I would rather be at home snuggling with my fiancé than sitting in this office doing nothing but paperwork. This was the part of the job that I hated.

 

"Emily... there is an umm... Nicole Cunningham here to see you. She says it's a private matter." My head snaps up in shock. What the fuck would she want? What could be this private matter she needs to talk to me about? If Tracey was still my assistant she would have sent her away instantly.

"Send her in Cheryl." I sat at that desk running thousands of options through my head of why she was here but none seemed logical.

 

"Long time no see Emily." She says with a smile on her face.

"Nicole what is it that you need. I have a busy day ahead of me."

"You always say that, yet you seem to always have free time on your hands."

"Nicole, your point for being here is?" I would have been happy with never seeing her again.

"Well I wanted to have a conversation with you before this went to press. Since I know how overly confident you are with your job and your relationship with Justin."

I glance at her over the computer screen. "I don't really think I have anything to discuss with you about either of those."

She reaches into her purse, pulling out a small square case. "I think there is."

            She had placed a disc on my desk, labeled "Vivid"

"What exactly is this?"

"Well I think you would have figured it out by now. Someone in your position should know exactly what this is before I handed it to you."

"Whatever you're trying to say, please just say it. I have things to get done."

"Well Emily Clarkson... this is a DVD that was purchased by Vivid Entertainment. This... Ms. Clarkson-so to be Timberlake... maybe... is your fiancé and myself... having sex."

"A sex tape?" A fucking sex tape, I think to myself.

"Justin likes to get a little freaky in bed, which I'm sure you are aware of, so the second time we got together I made sure to set up a camera and document that." She stands up to walk towards the door. "I have to say you sure snagged yourself a great man..." She smiles, "Well... at least he is great in bed." She shuts the door and is gone.

In my hands I hold a case that may change the rest of my life. I drop the case onto my desk and cup my hand over my mouth as I beg into sob. This clear case holding a simple recordable disc has taken my breath away.

Hours have passed and I'm frozen in time staring at this disc. I know the moment I put it in the computer everything was going to change. Work was not getting accomplished. I just sat in that chair with my hand resting slightly over my mouth staring off into nowhere.

Blank.

            Empty.

 

I finally get the nerve to put in the disc. I had to see what was on it. I knew that whatever was on it I needed to know... I just needed to know. I slide that disc into my hands and slowly lower it into the drive of my laptop.

The screen is black. There was nothing on this disc. She had been bluffing, trying to get a reaction from me.

The screen changes then there it was, a man and a woman rushing into the bedroom, slamming the bedroom door, a flash of the logo on the back of the jeans was pretty obvious, kissing... spinning around the room trying to remove clothing at fast as they can. Then it was the shot that I didn't want to be true. There stood my fiancé front and center. I close my eyes as the tears start to fall. The lump in my throat was closing off the airway for me to breathe. I couldn't stop watching it.

            When the moment came and it was too much I slam the computer closed. He had lied to me. He had slept with her. He not only slept with her, it was on DVD and I had a copy of it.

I knew I couldn't and wouldn't be able to deal with this so I called the only person I trust to handle it.

"Tracey, its Emily. Could you come down to my office, please?"

"Is everything okay?"

"No." I answered quickly.

"I will be right down."

            There wasn't anyone left in the office at this point. It was a quarter after eight. I was surprised that even she was here. My door flies open and in runs Tracey.

"Are you alright?"

I had to be the Vice President now; I lift the DVD to show her.  "This is a sex tape that was delivered to me today. I need to you contact the Los Angeles Police Dept and Vivid Entertainment. This was recorded..." I stop myself because I either couldn't breathe or I just couldn't say the words. "It was recorded without his knowledge and she has sold it to Vivid. We have to get the police involved as soon as we can. In a perfect world we may be able to stop it from hitting the press."

"Who is it?" She questions.

"My fiancé."

Her face drops. "I'm so sorry."

"You know Tracey, the tape doesn't bother me. It really doesn't. It's who it's with."

"Who is it?"

The idea of even saying the name makes me want to hurl. I have the visions of them together running through my head. His lips on hers. His hands on her. "Nicole Cunningham. Get the lawyer involved but please keep this as quiet as you can. Deny all reports. Tracey I can't deal with this right now. Can you handle it... at least until I pull myself together."

"Of course I will. Do you need me to do anything for you?"

"The damage is done. There nothing you can do to save this situation now."

"I'm sorry."

"This isn't your fault... I will be back in the morning. If you need anything, just call me."

            I didn't know what to do, where to go, I didn't know anything in that moment. I just started driving. Eventually I ended up in the driveway of his house. My thoughts have been a total fog. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion and in a blur.

            I slam my fist down on the steering wheel. "Why me? Why the fuck do I have to find the assholes that do these things to me? What did I do in my life that was so bad that karma was kicking me for now? I lost the one person I loved the most in the world, and now this? Why do I deserve this?"

            I step out of the vehicle and walk towards the door. Placing my hand on the door to catch my balance, resting my head on the door, I have to take a deep breath. I enter the front door of his house, using the key that he gave me for my birthday. I placed the keys on the table in the entrance way. I wouldn't need those keys anymore.

The house was dark, other than a small lamp that was on in the living room. I knew he was here, his car was in the drive way. I walked towards the kitchen where I could hear him rattling plates around. My heels started to clack on the wood floors and he turns and sees me standing there. As distraught as I was my strength had come from somewhere unknown. I was still standing on both feet. A deep breathe escapes out of my lungs, "You lied to me. You lied right to my face. You said you never slept with her."

He doesn't say a word. He looked confused, yet he knew that he was caught. "I just... I..."

" Justin..." very shaky and tears in my eyes, I lay a DVD on the counter, "This sex tape... seems to contradict everything you have said to me. It has nothing to do with the fact that you slept with her, it happened before us, as far as I'm aware of... I told you from day one not to lie to me about anything...I should have listened to my gut instinct when it was screaming at me that you were lying..." I slide the platinum diamond ring off my finger. The lump in my throat has prevented me from saying anything, I stood there staring at the ring then finally placing it on top of the DVD. "I can't marry you. I can't do this at all."

            My knees begin to wobble as I turned and walked as fast as my legs could possibly move.  He never defended himself, never touched on the accusations, never saying anything to me. Maybe he was shocked by everything but he had just let me walk out of his life.

            It was over. So over.

Chapter End Notes:

And exhale..... and please don't kill me :-) you love me remember?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story