Author's Chapter Notes:
-Thanks for all the reviews and kind words! I love hearing what everyone thinks! Enjoy!
 

 

            The impossible was possible. My mother is in a picture with the love of my life. I really never thought that was a possibility.

            I still had the picture in my hand when Justin came rushing through the door "Em, where are you." He says but all I can here is my mother saying that very line to me... the exact way over and over again in my head. I cover my eyes with my hand, sobbing into them.

He enters the bedroom and sees me on the bed holding tight onto a photo. He drops his bag on the floor and sits in front of me on the bed. "Em... babe... are you okay?"

"Justin..." I said calmly, regaining control of the tears... "The one thing, I would ever have wanted was for my mother to have met you... and selfishly I would have loved for her to love you... And I would have liked her to be in a picture with the two of us. As stupid as it sounds that is all I would have wanted..."

"I'm sorry, I'm really confused... what is going on?" he shakes his head trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

I slowly turned the photo towards him and placed it in his hands.

He looks down at the photo, "That's your mother?" he asked confused as he pointed at the image.

"Yes. That's my mother." I said. "I have never shown a picture of my mother to you have I?"

"No, but you look just like her... I knew I knew you from somewhere... or your face anyways."

"What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"That night at that event, I talked to your mother." He says as I was in a state of shock." We had a conversation for like twenty minutes about her wonderful daughter and how she was so proud of her and that she wished she could find a good guy. The one she was currently with was an asshole." He laughs.  "She was so unhappy that you were with him." He lowers his head, bringing tears to his eyes. "She was such an amazing person. ... In just the twenty minutes I got to spend with her I knew how great she was... I'm so glad I got to meet her..." he trails off.

I couldn't speak. I couldn't wrap my hands around all of this.

"I remember on the way home the next day, talking to my mother on the phone and telling her about this amazing woman I had met and how she reminded me of my own mother... and how I wish I would've met this wonderful daughter of hers that she talked so greatly about."

Everything happens for a reason.

            My mother and Justin had a full conversation... My mother had met the man I thought she would never meet. She had met my future husband. Justin picks the photo back up in his hand. Looking contently at it, a wave of sheer shock goes across his face. "Oh my god... I'm in this photo. I'm standing right there with the both of you."

Trying to laugh at him with tears rolling down my face... "That's what I have been trying to say. You are just now realizing that?"

"I... I... How is this possible?" he lifts the photo closer, looking at it.

"I don't know. This photo was taken by the photographers at the event that night. Weeks later when I returned to work they gave this photo to me and I never looked at it. It was in that envelope and that's where it stayed. I couldn't bear to even look at it."

"I can't believe that I knew you mother... that makes me so..." his eyes start to fill with tears again, "It makes me so happy... wow... I can't believe it."

"I need to get like a hundred copies of this photo made. I never want to lose it." I said.

Justin couldn't stop staring at it... "What made you open the envelope, after all this time?"

"In my dream she said, Look at the picture Em... look at it closely. And the only photo I could think of, was this photo... this was the one photo I had never looked at."

"We didn't take this photo like this did we? We didn't pose together and I not remember it?"

"No, I didn't speak to you that night. To be honest I didn't even know you were there. Why were you there?"

"The event was for public relations individuals in the entertainment business... and Sam thought it would be a good idea if I went with him. I wasn't busy so I went."

"That's where I met Sam. That's where he gave me his card and said, whenever I was ready for something new and challenging to call him."

"So we crossed paths the entire night and never met. That's crazy."

"Everything happens for a reason." I said, quoting my mother.

"I'm glad I didn't meet you that night..." he said still holding onto the photo.

"Me too. I think things would be dramatically different if we would have met that night."

 

            Once we both finally gained control of our emotions back we were packing what was left. There wasn't much to do. I was supposed to wait on him and he was going to help but being home alone all the time wasn't my favorite thing so I was happy to keep myself busy packing everything up.

            We loaded the last set of boxes up in my car and then sat down to eat our last meal in this apartment. It was a bittersweet moment but I was ready to start over. I needed to let the past be just that and move on with the future.

 

After throwing away the containers that our food came in, he stretches as a sure sign that he ate too much. "Do you want to stay here tonight or do you want to go home?"

I turn to look at the empty apartment, a smile creeps up on my face, "I want to go home."

"Good." He winks at me "I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise? What could you possibly get me?" I stand hoping he will tell me...

"Something that will make your world spin around."

"Mr. Timberlake... tell me." I demand as I pulled him close to me.

"I will not. It's a surprise, you have to wait." He says before putting his lips onto mine.

            Turning to take a last look at what was my first official apartment, it was the end of an era. I really didn't think I would be leaving this apartment any time soon. I was content there, but Justin had changed everything I thought about life. I knew that if I wanted to be happy, I had to make the decisions to be happy. If this ends up being something that I shouldn't have done, well then I know I was happy at the time and it was the right choice.

            I felt like I was recreating the Friends final episode when they all lay their key on the counter and leave that life behind them. I wasn't leaving my key but it was what I was leaving behind. My singleness, my complete freedom, my past.

 

Pulling up in front of the house in my car, I sit in there for a moment attempting to take it all in. The house was the same as it had been it just a few days ago but this time when I walked through the front door it wasn't just a house or his house... it was our house. This was a place that we call home now.

I slide my feet out the car, stepping onto the concrete driveway. I bent down to pick up the box laying on the floorboard of the back seat.

"DAMN!" I heard him yell from the step of the front door.

Home.

Justin is standing in the doorway, waiting for me. "You coming in?"

It was a weird feeling that I can't explain that came over me. It was a new beginning and it was against everything I thought was going to happen for the next couple years of my life. "Yes. Just taking it all in." I said.

He smirks with that dirty grin that I love so much and I knew he was thinking dirty thoughts. "I will let you take it all in..."

"I bet you will..." I laughed as I walked towards through front door sliding past him.

I place the box of my mother's things on the table in the entry way, rubbing the top of it ever so slightly. I miss you, I whisper to myself. I get that overwhelming feeling that this is exactly what she would have wanted for me, the love of my life standing next to me as we embark on the rest of our lives.

He stands behind me, wrapping his arms around me as he kissing the side of my neck. "Were home... now come upstairs with me..."

"Am I going to get what I want?"

‘And then some..." he takes my hand and leads me up the grand staircase that circles around, giving full view of the entrance of the front door. He spins me wrong to face him. "Do you remember the first date?"

How could I forget that night? "Of course I do."

"Well specifically do you remember walking in on me damn near naked?"

"Well of course I do, but its kinda vague compared to the memory of you actually naked." I winked at him.

"Hey none of that... I have business to take care of... "

"Oh yes you do and it involves taking me to ecstasy!"

"Stop it!" he says laughing. "I will take care of that business in just a few minutes... I want to give you your surprise first."

"Okay." I said in a pout puckering up that bottom lip.

He shakes his head, "Un-pucker that lip... This is your surprise. You said this was your dream..."

"Justin" I whisper, "That's a white door. I have seen plenty of white doors in my life."

"Hush, smart ass..." He swings open the door. "That is your surprise." He points into the room.

            The room that is now connected with the bathroom and Justin's closet is my very own closet. Shelves and racks for all my clothes and shoes. They are already in all the places they should be. The size of a master bedroom converted into the dream closet.
"You said mine was your dream closet... however I think I did a little better than that." He says, feeling accomplished.

"It's perfect... when did you do this?"

"They finished it last night." He said proudly.

"You hired someone to do this? For me?"

"Of course I did. I had Trace over see the project while I was gone. I have to say they did a damn good job."

"Yes... yes they did." I spin around like I was five years old again and was just given the best gift in the world.

"I told you it would make your world spin!" he says while watching as I enjoy the closet in awe.

I walked back over to him latching my arms around his neck. "Thank you. This... it means so much. It's not just a closet, it was you putting a piece of me into your life. I love you."

"You are very welcome. We are going to live here for a while, I figured I had to give you some incentive to stay with me." he chuckles... "Now I think the only problem with this room is... your shelves look a little empty."

"I guess that means I will have to do some shoe shopping."

"Or... you can simply open that box..." he points to the back of the room. "And see what's it in!"

"You didn't?" The smile is every bigger on my face.

"I didn't. Well I did but I didn't buy them so don't bite my head off."

I rushed across the room to open the box. It was full of all of the upcoming lines for Christian Louboutin, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, and Giuseppe Zanotti. "Oh my god... these are not even out yet."

"My stylist has been receiving tons of things for you. There is boxes of clothes that were sent over that are..." he points at one of the racks, "there... and there's more at her office. She wants to make sure you want it before she fills your new closet with the stuff."

"Wow, I can't believe that they just send this stuff to you for me."

He coughs, "See, being with me does have its perks..."

            I see that smile on his face that makes me want to jump his bones. I walk over to him slowly placing a gentle kiss on his cheek before moving to his neck, reaching to unbutton the shirt that he had on, one by one I began to see the skin under the skirt. "More than just perks..." Unbuckling the belt he casually wore with jeans, slowly gliding it out of the loops on his jeans. He takes my face into his hands, putting his lips on mine. Moving ever so slightly to my neck before shredding the shirt that preventing us from being skin on skin, kissing my naval as he unbuckles my jeans and letting them fall to the floor. Making it back face to face I whisper in his ear. "How's rough sound to you?" I see the pure joy that runs across his face before the forcefulness starts to overtake him. "I love you" he whispers back before I feel myself being shoved against the wall. Smirking he says, "Is it wrong to want you full of me?"

"Quoting yourself again are you?" I laugh. As I turn him around and slam him against the wall.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story