Slowly rising out of bed I know there is something wrong. I can feel stomach turning in all directions. I run into the bathroom thinking, please make it, please make it. I did make it but when I got here it felt like my entire inner lining of my stomach had been thrown up with it.

            My eyes were bloodshot and I felt the room spinning around me. I haven't been sick in so long, I can't remember if this is what it's supposed to feel like. My head was pounding but I had too much to get done today to even think about calling in sick.

Forty-five minutes later I find myself back at that white porcelain bowl. Just when I think I'm ok... I'm not. When dead to the world sleeper wakes up from hearing me in the bathroom he walks in to the bathroom yawning and adjusting his groin area. "Good morning, babe."

Leaning on the counter with my arms holding up my weight, I look at him with the dirtiest look, "Not a good morning."

"Oh... I will use the bathroom downstairs..." He leans in to kiss me and I back up.

"MOVE!" I said quickly shoving him out of the way as I rush back over to my new friend.

He rushes over to pull my hair back... "Are you alright?"

I drop my head, "I don't know. I must have the flu." I exhale trying to catch my breath.

He reaches over with a towel and wipes my face. "I think you need to go back to bed."

"I will be fine. It's calming down now." Breath in... breath out.

"Are you...  Em are you pregnant?"

"No." I said quickly. Could I be pregnant? No... no there's no way. "There's no way."

"Well... I sorta kinda think... I can think of something that could cause it."

"Justin... I take my birth control like clockwork... I'm not pregnant... I just need to get some toast or some crackers to settle my stomach." I say as I walk out of the bathroom.

Breathing in the fresh morning air, I feel myself starting to settle down. The nausea in my stomach seems to disappear when I feel something being wedged into my ear.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"You are sick. I'm taking your temperature and if it isn't normal you are not going into the office."

"Oh and you think you're going to stop me?"

"Yes. I do." He said firmly. Beep "100.5 I think you need to get your ass back in that bed."

"Justin, I love you but you I'm not listening to you at all right now."I covered my ears "Lalalalala" I can hear him ranting about something but I was going to win this argument. He gives me two small pills and I pop them in my mouth. I was going to work.

            I walked back into the kitchen, placing the empty bottle of water in the garbage and grabbing another out of the fridge before heading for the front door. "I love you Justin. Have a great day at rehearsals. I will see you in a couple hours."

            He stands in the doorway and watches as I pull out of the driveway, shaking his head. I look down at my phone and he sent me a message.

Be careful. I love you.

 

            The office lights are bright again. I swear they know exactly when to change the bulbs. I need to stay in my office with the lights off. That will make things a little easier. My head is pounding and everything seems to be a blur. Hours go by and I'm still working on the same piece of marketing for Justin's tour that I was working on when I first got here this morning. I had to finish these at least. The tour was going to kick off before I got the items to press.

            I drop my head into my hands, covering my eyes, rubbing my temples hoping that at the very least my headache would slowly disintegrate. If the throbbing of my head wasn't so bad I could get something done.

"Emily. I think you should go home." I look up to see Tracey in the doorway.

"Did you talk to Justin?" I asked.

"No, why?" She questioned.

"I just assumed that you did because that's exactly what he keeps telling me."

"Because you do. You clearly have some kind of sickness that I don't want. Go home, rest."

"As soon as I finish this one thing... I'm going to go..." I looked back at the screen hoping everything stops spinning. "Tracey."

"Yes Em."

Everything was becoming a blur again. "Could you take me to Justin's rehearsals? I don't think I can drive there."

"Give me like twenty minutes..." She says as she walks down to her office.

           

            The venue being empty makes everything echo more than it would normally. I loved watching the little perfectionist tweak every detail. I sat in the back just watching for a couple songs. He is totally goofy and serious at the same moment. It was wonderful to see him in his element.

I start to walk closer to the stage and I see him wink at me. "Ladies and gentleman Emily Clarkson is gracing us with her presence today..." he starts to bend over to bow. He drops the mic and walks over to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Not so great. My head hasn't stopped spinning or throbbing. I think I have the flu or something."

"You need to go home and get into bed."

"I know I'm heading there. I thought you would be finished by now. Tracey drove me here."

"You didn't feel well enough to drive here?"

‘No. I didn't think I could do it. I was right. Nothing seems like what it should be."

"I think you need to go see the doctor."

"Tomorrow." I said.

"No. Tonight." He demanded, "Give me just a couple minutes and we will go to the hospital."

‘No, Justin finish. I will be fine."

"Emily... just hush."

 

            I didn't want to go, but I gave in. I knew if anything it would ease his mind about everything and he would be able to handle everything he needed to get done.

            The doctor's orders, and when I say doctor I mean Justin, I was to stay in bed until the fever broke. I had the flu, just as I thought. So here I sit in bed waiting for Justin's highly publicized interview about to come on the television. He had agreed to do a 20/20 interview to discuss everything that's happen in the last year and what was about to happen. The only catch was they were starting to do these interviews live and it wasn't something I was a fan of. Being his publicist I knew there were things that could be asked that he doesn't want to answer, but it was his choice and he said yes.

            I sit uneasily as the opening credits begin to roll.

"Tonight on 20/20 Live we have an exclusive live interview with one of the most recognizable artists in the music business today. Just by mentioning the name Justin you immediately think of him. Justin Timberlake has had his fair share of ups and downs in his career but lately it's his personal life that has gotten a lot of attention..."

            I send a quick text. "I love you."

He sends one back... "Let the drama begin. I love you ;) "

"Good evening Justin. How are you doing today?"

"I'm good. Busy schedule right now but that's the way I like it."

"How is it to be Justin Timberlake these days?"

"I have to say life is pretty good. I have an amazing fiancé, who is really sick right now." He looks over that the camera with the red light on it. "Love ya babe. I will be home soon."

            He just said that... on live television. I smiled. He was in trouble, but I loved it.

She cocks her head sideways, "Well it seems like you are just smitten in love?"

"Love hasn't always been so easy to me. Everyone seems to think they know my love life but they are beyond wrong with ninety percent of it."

"So let's start by talking about you past year." She says.

"Ok..." he said almost nervous as he sits up straighter in his chair.

"You had been dating Jessica Biel for almost five years. Why did it end so abruptly?" She said with her nose up in the air.

"The reason why two people end a relationship should between them. Jessica and I separated, that's all people really need to know."

"She blames you." She states.

"Whatever makes her sleep at night..."

"So you are saying you are not to blame."

"If I need to take the blame, then shall be it. It doesn't make me sleep less at night. I know that I have always been faithful in every relationship I have ever been in. So, that's fine."

"You moved on fast after the breakup with Jessica, was that purposely?"

He laughs, "No. Sometimes you already know something is over. Sometimes you are already over a relationship before the final words are said."

"Rumors circulated that you had been seeing Emily for the entire last year of your relationship with Jessica. Any truth to that?"

"No." he said firmly. "Completely false."

"When did you meet Emily?"

"I normally don't talk about this stuff." He says blushing... "I met Emily for the first time at her office. She was replacing Sam who was my PR Manager for as long as can remember. I literally was introduced to her and that was it. I would see her at events sometimes and I would talk to her on the phone occasionally but she was just my publicist. I was still in a relationship so the idea of seeing her as something other than a publicist wasn't even in the play."

"So how did you end up together as a couple?" She asked.

"Well, I was in a car accident; obviously the entire world knows that now. Well there was a woman that pulled me out of my burning vehicle and waited with me until the ambulance came. She literally saved my life. Even the days that followed she stayed at my bedside entertaining me and just simply spent time with me, keeping me company. I couldn't remember anything, amnesia is a bitch." He joked. "She never looked at me one time as that man with the deformed face... or the man who knew nothing..." he laughed. "I fell in love with this woman. I didn't need to know her past and I didn't need to know mine to know that there was something that was obviously there and I couldn't deny it. That woman was Emily. She stood beside me when I needed someone the most."

Tears are rolling down my face. I loved that man.

He continues, "I have been in love before. However that feeling I have when I think about her or when I see her or when I hold her in my arms... that feeling is indescribable. It's a kind of love I have never experienced before."

            If I was so sick I would attack that man when he walked through the front door. Make love to him in the very doorway.

"Well... I think that maybe explains a ... lot." She said before going right into the next question. "You always said you had no interest in getting married? What changed that?"

"Emily." He says with a huge smile on his face. Cheese.

"That's it?"

"She has changed everything I have thought about life and love."

"Ok then... let's shift to music..."

"Let's!" He was happy to switch to something that wasn't his personal life.

"Music is something that has always come first nature to you. You live and breathe music. Did you ever think this is where your career would be after fifteen years in the business?"

"Wow, you make me feel old... I always wanted a successful long career and if it all ended tomorrow I would be devastated because I love to make music but I had a great run. I had my time to make the music I wanted to make and tour the world."

"Which you are about to do again."

His face lights up, "I am. Touring is hard but it gets music directly to your fans. They are the ones that make you who you are. Without them buying my music and supporting me, I would be no one. So I don't mind touring the world for a year or so."
"Is it hard on relationships?"
"Of course it is. Luckily with me, Emily understands my schedule. She understands everything that needs done. And with our careers we have it a little easier to just pick up and go."

"Will Emily be spending time on the road with you?"

"Of course she will. My tour is important to me but so is she."

"How does she deal with all the screaming women?"

I could see that he was getting tired of answering her questions. "Well that's a question for her. But I she is a very secure woman. She knows my job is my job and she knows who I go home with at the end of the night."

"So when's the wedding." She asked abruptly.

"Like I would ever say." He laughs. "Come on now."

"This is true, but you know nothing in your world is secret for long."

"This I know. When we choose the date and do it hopefully it will be a private affair and we will get to enjoy it."

            Twenty more minutes of questions and I could see that he was over talking to this woman. She really didn't care too much about his music or his tour, she just wanted the information about his personal relationship with me. That irked me... Justin was in the music industry, please let's not talk about that too much. When the show finally ended I braced myself for him to be exhausted when he got home. He has been working his butt off with rehearsals and interviews, promotion and everything that goes into a tour. So when he came barreling through that bedroom door and jumping onto the bed next to me I got energy from somewhere and pulled him close to me. Never kissing his mouth, but kissing every other inch of his body. I needed to feel him against me...

"I love you..." I said, "Each moment of everyday I love you even more.... However you mister are in a little trouble."

He laughs, "Is that Emily Clarkson, the mean publicist coming out now?"

"You bet your ass it is."

"Fine, she can come out and play later, right now... I want Em." He says as he crawls up to lie next to me, resting his head on my chest. "I love hearing your heartbeat..."

 

Chapter End Notes:
This was a little different for JD but I wanted to show her have a little bit of a weakness. Being sick sucks! Plus I wanted to show a little but of Justin's love for her!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story