The stage was set. The fans were lined up outside. Did I mention it was only 10am? Devotion was something his fans had. It had been so long since he had toured that when he announced the tour dates his website and fan club was flooded with emails asking to add cities. So the tour that started out as a forty five city date US tour has turned into a ninety city tour and dates overseas. The next year or so of our lives were going to be crazy.

First stop was Chicago, IL. It was the start of it all. Winter in Chicago is cold. Really cold. I was glad I was a Cali girl and I was going back there soon. Justin and I had arrived yesterday to a swarm of paparazzi waiting for us at the gates. As much as I love the idea that they are going to print a picture, attaching his name to it, and it will promote the tour, I was annoyed by them being there. Promotion is promotion at the end of the day but being followed the way he is, is crazy.        

My workload seems to get more and more every day, nothing seems to disappear but the work seemed to pile up more. Tracey has pretty much been a lifesaver. She has her own position that is very important in the company now yet she still has my back if I need something. She doesn't know it yet, but she will be rewarded for that. When I return to the office this week, things are going to change.

Tired of looking at a computer screen I opt to take a walk around the venue, trying to get my brain back to functioning properly. Wondering around an empty venue isn't the best choice. I just hoped the venue went in circle and I could eventually find my way back around.

I am stopped in my tracks as I look out the overhead windows at The United Center. I can see lines of people huddled in groups, his fans standing in the cold, showing their devotion for him. Of the roughly twenty three thousand people that were going to be at this show tonight, these are the people I wanted to meet the most.

            All the promotion and the preparations have come to this.  Justin was ready even though he is pacing around the venue like it was the first show he has ever preformed. He is adjusting guitar strings, playing the keyboards, testing the mic... he just wouldn't sit and relax for a moment. He was stressed and this is how he deals with stress. I watched him for nearly twenty minutes before I knew he needed to be out of this room for a while.

"Justin..." he doesn't even flinch. He is stuck in stressed out mode.

"JUSTIN" I said again, a little louder.

            He snaps his head up and looks at me. "Yes."

"Come with me, please." I said calmly.

"Em, I need to finish this..." he says as he continues to fidget with the guitar.

I interrupted him before he made some big long dramatic story. "Justin Randall, get your ass over here." Knowing I was serious he placed the guitar back in his holding shelf and walked over to me slowly bobbing his head back and forth mumbling something... I wrap my arms around his neck, resting them on his shoulders. "Breathe."

He exhales a deep sigh. "This is my first show in a very long time and there is so much to worry about. What if no one shows up? What if they boo me off the stage..."  I look at him rolling my eyes, he continues "It could happen, you never know."

"Justin." I pull him close to me, smashing our noses together before stepping back to say, "You have nothing to worry about. The show is sold out, people will show up, and you will rock that stage just like you have hundreds of times before." I said confidently.

"What if I can't deliver a show the way they are used to? I'm not the person I was five years ago."

"You are stressing way too much about all of this." I take his hand, "Let's go. I know something that will relax you."

His eyebrows rise, "Now, that's what I'm talking about..."

"Take your mind out of the gutter, Mr. Timberlake. I think you got enough of that last night."

He says tilting his head, leaning in to whisper on my lips, "I never get enough."

I step back from him. "As grateful as I am about that. I want to show you something."

            We walked around the entire venue, trying to find the very spot that I ended up in. Noticing a sign on the wall that I remembered, I knew this was the spot. "Look. Down there." I point out the window and down to the sidewalks.

            I see Justin step closer to the window and looks down. A smile creeps up on his face and I see for the first time today, a release. The strain that resided in his eyes is gone. He stands there for a moment, taking in the reality that these people were devoted enough to spend time standing in the cold, just waiting.

"Wow." He says breathlessly

"You have nothing to worry about." I saw very softly to him.

"They are actually here for me?" he says as a question.

"No, Justin... they are here for me." I said sarcastically.

"I love you. Thank you for this." He says before taking his arms and wrapping around my waist.

"I didn't do anything. They deserve the recognition."

"They do, but thank you for bringing me to see this."

            Just a few moments later we hear the screams of the people below us. They were trying to get our attention. They had spotted us up there and were trying to greet us.

"JUSTIN JUSTIN JUSTIN JUSTN!!!" they chanted. His face got a little red but he was happy. He was ecstatic. He begins to wave at the crowd. He had simply made their day by that simple gesture. He waves bye and steps away from the window.

"That is exactly why I love touring. They are the reason I get to do what I do and they totally just eased my anxiety about tonight."

"I saw them earlier and I knew you had to see it. They are unbelievable." I had an idea. I had a grand idea. It was crazy but I thought it would be amazing. He saw the look go across my face.

"Em, what are you thinking about of there?"

"It's cold."I said.

"Yes, it's winter and Chicago. It's cold."

"Yes... I know...smartass..." I turned and walked very quickly back to the green room. Grabbing my phone, I hit the Google search and found the number.

"Can I order, fifty... yes fifty. Make it sixty just in case... twenty minutes..." I say as I talk into the phone.

"Em what are you doing?" Justin asked.

"Those fans are standing in the cold. They deserve something." I tossed my empty Starbucks up into the trash.

"Did you just order Starbucks for everyone?" he asked already knowing the answer.

"What if I did?"

"All I have to say is there best be one in there for me." he joked.

"You can buy your own Mr. Timberlake."

            We pull into the Starbucks and see the stacks of Coffee and Hot Chocolate that they had ready for us. We loaded the car and headed back to the venue. Luckily the crowd hasn't got any bigger. Lonnie steps out of the venue and approaches the vehicle.

"Justin, you don't have to do this. I will do it." I said to him before zip my coat up and attempt to brave the cold weather.

"No, I want to... I have to."

 

            We step out of the vehicle and grab stacks of cups. I walk over to the crowds and there is a huge exhale of breathe before I broke the silence. "Hi. I'm Emily." A couple of the say "Yea, we know."

I wasn't thinking correctly, "Of course... sorry... I just wanted to thank you guys for supporting him the way you do. You have no idea how much it means to him to have fans like you. You are the reason he is here today. So, I just want to say thank you I ... we got coffee and hot chocolate for everyone. Please everyone take one while it's still hot."

            They stood there for a moment not knowing that to do. Then slowly they started getting cups. The one girl who seemed the most flustered drops her cup, spilling coffee everywhere at the sight of Justin walking towards her.

            He smiles at them all. "Hi!" he said nervously. "I just wanted to come out here and thank you all. I appreciate it like you wouldn't believe. I tried to get them to allow me to let you in the building but I got shot down... this is all they are allowing me to do, well they don't even know I am doing this..." He greets the fans, takes pictures with them and then Lonnie takes a photo on my phone of the crowd with us. It was a great picture and a great day.

 

"That was amazing." He says as it sits in his dressing room. "I have never done that before. In the fifteen or so years that I have been in this business, I have never went out there where the fans were... that was exhilarating."

"That was pretty amazing. You totally just made their lives complete now..." I laughed. "They can die happy now. They have met you."

            An evil smile creeps up on his face before I see him launch onto his feet to chase me around the room. I take off but I wasn't quick enough, he tackles me onto the couch. Climbing on top of me, resting comfortably over me, "I love you." He whispers before forcefully entering his tongue into my mouth. I feel his hands start to wonder over my entire body. His large strong hands on my stomach make me want to rip my clothes...

"Well, isn't this a welcoming!" I hear coming from the doorway. I pop my head up pretty quick to see Lynn, Paul, and Trace. I lay my head back down couch. Only me. Justin doesn't seem to care because he isn't moving from the spot he is comfortable in.

"Justin... Get off." I whispered.

He lowers his face down to my ear. "That's the problem....I am... off... I can't stand up... with my mother standing in the room."

I start to laugh when I realized what he is talking about. I feel the bulge in his pants, which is weirdly turning me on, even though he parents were standing feet away. I start to laugh uncontrollably hoping that it will help him settle himself. A couple moments later you see him lean down and kiss my forehead than stand up to face his parents and his best friend.

 

"Well... It's nice to see you as well Justin." Trace says as Justin walks over to hug him.

"Sorry, we were having a moment." Justin says before he hugs his mother and Paul.

"It looked like more than a moment to me." Trace says...

"Trace..." I interrupted, "Hush." I went over to hug him and he says, "It's great to see you found clothing this time."

"Boy... I'm going to hurt you."

"Trace, be nice to her." Lynn says as she reaches out for a hug. "How are you doing Emily?"

"Good, real good. It's a very important day."

           

            The show started just a few short hours after his family arrived. The band was dressed the crowd was ready and Justin was about to take the stage in front of twenty three thousand five hundred and seventy two fans. Paul, Lynn, Trace, and I settled into our seats and were ready to enjoy every moment of this night.

            The rawr of the crowd gave me goose bumps as the lights dimmed to complete darkness. He was about to grace the stage for the first time in over five years, for his very own live concert. My fiancé was about to make me a very happy fan.

Chapter End Notes:


Ok I would have totally been a complete teeny if he or his g/f at the time did that for me. I would have been the one that dropped the coffee! haha



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story