Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope ya like the update!
 

 

            So much for an easy morning in the office, I walked into the office a little after seven because of some major crisis. My phone started ringing at 5:00am. Seriously do people think just because the East Coast is awake that I should be awake at that time?

            Tracey has gotten here early as well. "Emily, Nicole is in the New York office and she is on the phone. She wants to talk to you about her client."

"When did Nicole go to New York?"

"Yesterday, I think."

            Before picking up the phone I take a very deep sigh of breathe. Here we go!  "Emily Clarkson, can I help you."

"Emily, its Nicole. I'm in New York with Jessica Biel. I wanted you to be the first to know that she is about to do an interview regarding her breakup with Justin. "

"An interview... she wasn't happy with the attention she got from just the statement? What does she have to say that she hasn't already said?"

"She is claiming that Justin cheating and belittled her for years."

"You're joking right? Justin hasn't even called me back with a statement... Is her allegations true or is she just making shit up?"

"I don't believe a word she is saying, not to mention I have told her numerous times that this interview is bad for her and her career."

"Damn right it will be bad for her, because if I find a small crack in her story I will destroy her career in a heartbeat. She has to remember that Justin Timberlake is my client and he actually has the talent to back up his career... Inform her to makes sure she is one hundred percent on her allegations. I really don't have the time to deal with selfishness today. I have a major crisis going down with another one of clients. Bigger crisis that her entire career."

"She said Justin sometimes vanishes and hides when he doesn't want to talk to anyone." Yea I do to but that doesn't mean I want to flush my career down the drain... Ugh. "Ok, deal with her before she does this interview."

            Why couldn't Mr. Sexyback answer one of my phone calls? Does he really think he can hide from me? I know all the secrets. I will find him and I will destroy his ex-girlfriends whole world.

            "Justin, this is Emily Clarkson... again. Jessica is throwing out some allegations that you cheating and belittled her for years. I need to know exactly what's going on so I know how to spin the story. Don't make me come find you, because I will."

 

            One o'clock creeps up very slowly. I railroaded Jessica's story and she agreed not to say anything yet. I needed to find him and get his side of the story out there. At the very least get a statement out there from him. I may have to release a statement on his behalf until I get some answers.

            Why Lexie chose to eat at the Ivy is beyond me. She knows that place is non-stop paparazzi. It would annoy me more than anything. If only the food was as good as the name and hype of this place.

            She walks in moments after I do and sits without acknowledging anything else around us. She looked warn out.

"Are you ok?" I ask with questions.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure."

"Yea, I'm sure. How was work today?"

"Stressful."

"Isn't that job always stressful?"

"It has its moments. Like today one of my clients, the star of one biggest vampire movies in a decade was caught with his pants down, literally. He was getting it on in a restroom at a nightclub and someone not only got pictures, they videotaped it.... The joys of my job."

"That has to suck for them."

"Oh, he doesn't seem to care. He said to me, ‘Everyone has sex.' But I guess he forgot to mention that the sex in the bathroom was not with his fiancé."

In the most serious face I have even seen on her she says, "I'm pregnant."

"What?" I was shocked, beyond shocked. "What a transition between topics."

"I'm sorry I blurted it out. I just didn't know how to say it other than to blurt it out.

"Wow, what are you going to do."

"I have always wanted kids, but I thought I would be married or at least settled down."

"So, this guy you have been seeing, Jake he is the father right?"

"Where have you been Emily. Jake was my ex like six months ago."

"Sorry." I felt bad.

"You haven't met this one. We were actually just hooking up and just starting to get to know each other. The bad thing is... I needed to come talk to you because he is your client."

"Please, Please tell it's not Justin Timberlake."

She had this confused look on her face, "No, why would you think that?"

"Well his girlfriend/ex-girlfriend is claiming he cheated on her."

"He isn't that kind of man."

"All man can cheat. Anyone can for that matter."

"It's just not who he is. He has had it happen to him, he knows what it feels like."

"Well I don't believe anything his ex has to say anyways... but I can't seem to get a hold of him to figure any of this out."

"I used to see him at a small nightclub every Friday, when I worked there last month. He would typically come in with one of his bodyguards and sit in the back. Have a few drinks, watch the live bands, mingle a little and leave. I never ever saw him flirt with anyone. If anyone walked up to him he was politely talk to them then they would leave."

"What club?"

"1160 Bar & Lounge on Vermont Ave"

"Every Friday, like clockwork?

"Every Friday, for nearly two months."

            I was going to have to make a trip to this club tonight.

"Anyways back to what you were saying" I say.

"Rob, is his name."

I dropped my head, "The same Rob that I have been dealing with all day?"

She nods her head. And says nothing.

"Lex he is a fiancé."

"He said he left her, I swear that was the first question I asked when we met. They haven't been together for a while."

"That's nice that he is telling his PR firm something else.... Oh my god... Were you out with him last night? Is that video of you and him?"

"Yes." She drops her head in embarrassment.

"Oh shit... Does he know you're pregnant?"

"Yes."

            Wasn't that a swift kick in the ass for me?  Just when I thought the issue was over, it has really just begun. I returned to the office, I knew I wouldn't get out of here on time today. I yell out my door to Tracey, "Could you please get Robert Pattinson on the phone please. Don't take any of his bullshit either. Tell him I know everything." Just moments later...

"Rob's on line one."

            Have I said that I really dislike when people lie to me.

"Rob, It's Emily Clarkson. I figured you haven't heard enough of me today."

"Oh, Em you know I love talking to you, I would also love to take you to a level of "

I interrupt him "First, you should know that Lexie is my best friend. Second, you should never speak to a woman like that when you have someone in your life. Show some respect. Speaking of respect, I think you have a lot of confessing to do."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Where should I start, with the fact that you left your fiancé a couple months ago or would you like to start with the fact that you forgot to wear a condom and knocked my best friend up?" Silence is all I heard through the phone. "What you have nothing to say now."

"You are pointing the finger about my engagement at the wrong person. Amy left me. She broke off the engagement and I chose to not explain that because I wanted this promotion for the movie to be good. But with the tape leaking from last night, it's all ruined."

"I don't have the time right now to deal with this. I am going to give you twenty four hours to get all your ducks in a freaking row. This time tomorrow you will be releasing a state about your ex- fiancé and your new girlfriend. Oh yea... and let's not forget about the sex tape..."

            I slammed the phone down. I had to get out of this office. I was already late getting over to the hospital. I didn't even get out the door of my office and Tracey stops me. "I know you're trying to leave but I really think we need issue some kind of statement on behalf of Justin. The press is having a field day with all the stories."

"I know I was thinking about that..." I rattled off a statement and say, "You can release that."

            "Do you think that is like a blatant jab at her?"

            "Oh it is. I want to make sure she knows that I am not messing around. She isn't going to make up false stories about my clients."

            I walked out of that office and ignored everyone that spoke to me, kept walking. I stopped and picked up clothes for him. He hated being in those hospital gowns. So I picked him up some sweats, t-shirts, and boxer briefs. Comfortable clothes and easy for him to deal with. I picked up some sushi for him, I wasn't much of a seafood person but it was something he wanted. He looked better today; the bruises were starting to fade even more on his face. The swelling was nearly gone. He looked very happy to see me walk through those doors.

"You are late."

"Boy, you are lucky I even got out of that office. I nearly killed everyone in my path today."

"Bad day?"

"Horrible day."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't have to. It looks like you are going to get a sample of what I have done today" I point at the TV. He was watching ‘Farris Buller's Day Off' on E!. He turns up the volume.

"Hey, they interrupted that movie. I liked that movie." He is a little mad.

            Reps for Justin Timberlake having finally have broken their silence. But they only add fuel to the fire.

            "Justin Timberlake and his entire management would like to thank everyone for respecting his privacy on such a private matter. This is and will remain a private matter until otherwise stated. Please remember, don't believe everything you read. Sometimes the truth is stretched a little too far."

            He just stared at the TV. "That's what you do all day, release statements for overpaid horrible actresses and music superstars that make way too much money?"

            I laugh at him. "We think so alike." When the movie returned to the screen I remembered I brought him some things. "I have a present for you."

"You didn't have to buy me anything."

"I know, but I think this will make your stay, for however much longer you are here a little more comfortable." I handle him a bag that was kind of heavy and he started pulling out clothes. There was like five outfits in there, and then on the bottom there were boxer briefs. "I wasn't sure which kind you wore, so I got the ones that most of the guys I have known have worn."

"Thank you so much. Can I give you a hug for this?"

            I lean in and embrace his nice large, warm hug.

"You smell good... thank you for this. I will repay you someday, I promise."

"Don't worry about it. I know that it's something you needed."

 

            I stayed and finished watching Ferris day off and then we watched ‘The Wedding Singer'. I loved old movies that were actually goofy funny. It made my day much better.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story