Author's Chapter Notes:

Here it is...

 

On many dark days I've held my breath and driven to the graveyard. Hoping to find some clarity or some understanding and many times I left empty handed, many times I left even more heartbroken but standing here today with flowers in hand, the white dress, and a limo awaiting me, I stand here on a happy day. I'm standing here on the day I marry the love of my life.

"Well mom, I did it." I said staring at her stone. "I listened to everything you have ever had to say to me... I'm getting married today. The white dress, the flowers, the whole nine yards. He is amazing and I know that you love him. He is everything you wanted in a man for me. I know that with each day that passes he loves me even more. I was always stubborn and thought that love should have been the last thing on my agenda but today I stand here and say that my career has become the back seat in my life. Justin and Harlow are the most important people in my life. I have also been blessed to have Lexie, who now has Rob and Noah. Can you believe she actually settled down?" I laughed. "I miss you with every moment I have without you. I know you are okay and you are watching over me. It took me a long time to get there but I'm there. I wanted to share this day with you... I drove two hours in the wrong direction on my wedding day to make sure I got to share this with you. I have the ring you always wore pined to the inside of my dress, laying right on my heart... I brought you the same bouquet that I'm going to carry down the aisle. I hope that they are as beautiful as the ones you would have picked out for me." I placed the bouquet down on ground, leaning it on her stone. "Now I have to get moving if I want to make my sunset wedding. I love you."

I stood there for what felt like forever. I could feel her presence around me. I could smell that vanilla scent she seemed to always wear. I turned and walked towards the limo. I stepped inside, lifting the bottom of the dress up to sit. There was a slight dusting of dirt along the rim of the dress. Anyone else would have been in a panic over a little dirt on the white dress but I saw it as another little piece of my mother with me on this day. "Are you ready?" Lexie asked me as I shut the door behind me.

I could smell her again, like she was going for the ride with me.  "I'm ready... let's do this!"

She sat beside me as we rode from the place we grew up to the place known as Patience. We arrived at the beach house to find Harlow, who was just big enough to walk and she indeed was walking everywhere today, which wore her out. She was resting her head on Paul's shoulder. She loved her pappy that was for sure. She must have heard my voice because she pops her head up. "Momma!" she said in her perfect angelic voice. Every time she says its, it's like the first time all over again. She jumps down off of his lap and runs over to me, jumping into my arms.

"Did you have fun with Pappy?" I asked.

"Yes." She said quickly.

"Are you ready to see Daddy?"

" Me want Daddy see." She says looking up at me.

I raised her up to my face, kissing her forehead. "I want to see Daddy as well. Let's go see him."

Mindy Weiss has not only been my lifesaver she was also known as my wedding planner. She had brought together a beautiful less extravagant wedding ceremony than we had planned at first. We had decided that we wanted it to be about us and about the marriage and about our family.

 

When I stepped out of the house and onto the first step off the porch I look directly down to Justin, who was standing in his classic black tux, with tears in his eyes. Looking over at Lynn, I see her sobbing at the sight of her son finally getting married. Two things she never expected to have in life were a daughter and grandchildren. She got both. In a private ceremony of fifty guests on the beach, Justin and I became husband and wife.

 

**

The years that past weren't so crystal clear but the one thing that we always came back to was love. Love conquered all and sometimes with a little bit of persuasion and luck great things happen.

My career had changed slightly in those years. I had become the President of Shinetime Entertainment. But the real achievement was Justin. He was an accomplished musician and artists but he added another credited label to his name.

           

            When the day came quicker than we thought it would the pressure was building up for Justin. He had won a Golden Globe weeks earlier which meant he was the front runner to win the Academy Award. Never has an award show been so much pressure on him. He was proud of the achievement he had made on this movie. He has stepped out of his box and made a great role and outstanding role. He took the job after weeks of back and forth. His label wanted him to put out a new album but he felt drawn to the character. Finally he comprised, telling the label he would return to the studio immediately after filming to record a new album. He would have the music out by the time the movie was out in theaters. He never expected the role to become what it has today. The movie had rave reviews and his performance was early contender for awards season very early on. He never thought for a moment that he would be nominated for any kind of acting he would do.

            Having a dozen people in this hotel room today wasn't comforting. Everyone kept asking if he was ok, how he felt about the night, and kept talking to him as if he was going to win. It was making him a nervous wreck. Finally once he was ready and everyone was forced out of the room I took him into my arms. Trying not to have my makeup rub off on his tuxedo. "I love you. Breathe. Whatever is going to happen tonight is going to happen. You can't change anything now. Let's just enjoy it."

"I knew there was a reason I married you." He leans down to kiss me. "I love you, Mrs. Timberlake." He shakes his head with excitement. "You would think after three years I would be used to you having my last night but every time I say it, it gets sweeter!"

"It does have a nice ring to it."

He lets go of my hand and steps back to look at me. "We don't have to go. I would much rather take that fifty thousand dollar dress off of you and crumble it on the floor."

I pulled him back closer to me. Slowly raising my head on the side of his face, grazing his face with mine, running my hands over his chest and down to his lower abdomen, resting my nose next to his ear I whisper, "We don't have time."

He drops his head, "I thought for just a moment you were going to cave in."

"If you win Mr. Timberlake... if you win we can do whatever you want on the way to the after party."

"The pressure thickens." He jokes. "Let's go get this over with. I think I need a drink."

I took his hand into mine as I felt the coldness of the platinum ring on his left hand. "I love you. No matter how this night ends, I love you."

 

            Walking the red carpet is always a challenge; complete madness is the only way to explain it. But the carpet was a better feeling than setting here waiting for this moment. His category was one of the last ones. So we couldn't just get it over with. As he sat in that seat, he got more anxious.

            The envelope slowly gets opened, the room is quiet. "The winner is.... Justin Timberlake." Even the presenter looked a little shocked.

            Shock runs over his face as his name is called as the winner. He stays sitting in his seat. He was sure that he wouldn't win he was ninety nine percent sure. When they called his name he sat there.

"Babe... you won!" I said calmly.

            He stands nervously, kisses me and walks slowly to the podium. I begin to have tears stream down my face. I was the proud wife. Turning to grace the crowd he is humble. He stands, shaking the statue in his hands, looking out over the crowd taking in the moment, his moment, a moment of greatness. The entire room stands in ovation. "WOW! This is a shock. Who would have thought the guy who was a straight to DVD actor would be standing up here today... I bet none of you did!..." he laughs, attempting to calm himself. "Wow! I need to thanks my parents who have stood beside me through everything in my life. They gave up so much for me to be where I am today and I will be forever grateful for that. I have so many people to thank that were involved with this movie but I'm sorry at this moment I can't remember any of your names.  Please don't take offence to that." Everyone laughs with him. He looks over at me, "Can you believe this?" he shakes his head trying to contain himself. "This... this is for my beautiful wife..." his eyes begin to well up with water, "Whom I don't think I would get through each day without. I love her more than life in itself. I promised her that if she married me I would make her a very happy woman but I have to admit, I was the lucky one. I'm a very happy man. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't have taken this role. I was going to focus on music but she said to me that if I had a connection with the character at all to take it. Take a chance on it. And I thought about it and my wife took the biggest chance on me years ago. I took a leap of faith, trusted her instincts and I was glad I did. By the way... you have a promise to have to come through with now!" I laughed, nodding my head yes. "And this..." he waves the statue in the air again. "This is simply icing on the cake." He looks up at the teleprompter, "Wrap it up? Ha this will never happen again, I'm going to soak up every second I can... Harlow and Jensen... Daddy loves you, but you better be getting ready for bed... okay okay... Thank you to everyone that I have ever had the pleasure of working with over the years. Thank you to my management! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!"

            The music starts to play; he knew he had to shut up now. Instead of heading into the backstage area he runs back down those stairs and leaps into my arms. "I love you" he says as he lifts me off the ground and spins me around. "Take the journey with me, share this moment with me."

Chapter End Notes:
 

This is it ladies (& gentleman if there is any?) Emily & Justin had to be my favorite characters. They were both so issue filled and so entertaining at times. Don't hurt me but it had to end at some point. I am going to end it the way it should end.

Thanks for all the reviews and kind words through the entire story!


Completed
musicmel is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 18 members. Members who liked John Doe also liked 555 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story