"Emily, I got Justin's statement, did you want to read it." The answer to that would be a no. But I woke up this morning thinking that I was Emily freaking Clarkson, I can deal with this crap and move on.

"Sure, let's hear what Mr. Superstar had to say today."

She clears her throat and begins to read his statement. "I would like to thank everyone for their support and well wishes through this difficult time in my life. I will be taking some time off to recover from a car accident and to mend a broken heart. My relationship with Jessica is officially over, there is no reconciliation as there has been reported. It's that time in my life when I knew this was the right choice. I can one hundred percent stand behind my words when I say, there was no infidelity on my end of the relationship. Everything happens for a reason."

"Wow, he had a lot to say.' I was surprised he brought up the Jessica situation.

"There's more..."

"Now... now he has a lot to say..." I shake my head in disbelief.

She continues reading from her sheet of paper, "Which brings me to someone else. I need to thank someone that risked her life to save mine. She stuck beside me from the day of the accident until the moment I remembered everything. She is the most amazing person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing in my life. I hope to someday repay her. Em, I miss you."

"He put that in his statement?"

"Yes. I asked if he wanted me to tell you that or if it was part of the statement and he was pretty stern on getting it in the statement."

"Is that all he had to say?"

"Yes, that's the end of the statement."

"I guess release it to the press. It's his career not mine." I look away from her and focus on the emails I am attempting to finish.

"Em."

"Yes, Tracey"

"Em, he misses you."

I continue typing an email. "I'm sure he does." I roll my eyes. "But he doesn't fool me. I see through his tricks."

            Tracey must not have liked that response because she left the room and shut the door behind her. Within moments of her releasing the statement I get a phone call from him. As much as I don't want to answer the phone, I can't ignore him forever. He was my client.

"Good Morning, Emily Clarkson."

"Emily, its Justin..."

"Hello Justin, is there something I can do for you?"

"Well now... that's what I'm talking about!"

I do smile, I can help but smile. That was the guy that I knew that I got to know so well. But I had to step back and be his PR Agent. "Justin please get your mind out of the gutter. You are a client, what did you need?"

"I need you to be the Emily that I have gotten to know so well over the last week. I need you to let me back in. I need to see you." Justin begs.

"Justin, you have your life back. Be happy with that." As stern as I was being with him, I really wanted to just say ‘I will be right there.' But I knew that I couldn't do that. I don't get involved with clients for a reason.

"I have the memories, the job, and the money but I lost you in the process."

"I'm still your PR Agent. I'm not going anywhere."

"That's just it, you are already gone... At least the Emily that I want in my life is gone."

"Justin, I can find you a new agent if that's what you are wanting."

"NO." He sounded almost angry. "I want you. I want the real you."

"That's out of the question Justin." I feel my emotions getting the best of me now. "Is there anything else you need right now from us here, if not I have a lot of work to do?"

"Can I call you later?"

"Justin, you can call me anytime. You have my number." Did I just say that out loud?

"Well then you should expect to get a couple phone calls from me today."

            Shit I did just say that out loud. What did I just do? I don't want to lead him to think this can go anywhere. The last thing his career needs is his pathetic PR agent giving the press something else to talk about.

            Is it bad that it's a little after nine in the morning and I think I need a couple shots of tequila to get through the day?  How about pounding my head off the desk, that sounds like a wonderful thing to do right now.

            I call Justin's manager Johnny and makes sure that he is aware of everything that is going on and will be going on with Justin. He gives me his schedule for the next couple months. It's almost blank compared to what his schedule normally looks like. He had some time blocked out in the recording studio but that was it. I guess if anything it will make me dealing with him the next couple months a little easier, as long as he doesn't do anything to draw attention to himself.

            Email after email I finally finish responding to everyone that is going to get a response from me. Just as I was shutting everything so I could get out of the office for the day I see one new in the inbox.

Em,

            Please stop and see me. I miss you. You can bring food, we could watch a movie? Anything. I'm going stir crazy in here, without you. I miss you."

            J

            Ahhh! Should I respond? Should I just mark it as unread and think about it tomorrow? I should respond... I have to at least respond. I would feel bad if he didn't get dinner because he was waiting on me and I don't show up.

Justin,

            I'm sorry, I have to work tonight and I don't have the time to stop. If you don't get dinner let me know I will make sure someone gets your food. Again I'm sorry.

Emily Clarkson

            I shut the computer down just as it was sent and I walk out of the office. A part of me was happy that I stood my ground but the other part of me wanted to fall to pieces. I needed to find something to occupy my time tonight and for the next couple days. Get myself back together.

            I approach the outside of my apartment door and I get really nervous because there are voices in my apartment. Lexie is the only other person that has a key card for this apartment. Please, please let it be Lexie. I swipe the card and open the door. The aroma of home cooked food is filled in my space. This never happens.

            There was Lexie in my kitchen cooking up a storm. I know I heard voices, who was the other voice. I hope she doesn't know about Justin. She wouldn't just bring him here.

"Lexie there is not canned milk, I have to run out and get some."Rob rounds the corner and I see him. "Oh hey Emily, how are you?"

"Hi, Rob, Hi Lexie? Did I miss the memo that I was having visitors tonight?"

Lexie turns and says, "I knew you would just say no, so I came anyways."

"You're lucky I don't have a life other than work."

"I thought that maybe you would be with this mystery guy. I guess I picked the right night to stop by."

"You don't have to worry about him anymore." I turn and drop my bag off on the couch.

"Did he get his memory back?"

"You can say that." I turned and walked into my bedroom. I wanted to get out of these clothes.

She finds me in the bedroom "Are you ok? I should have called first."

"This is ok, I promise. I have just been stressed lately with everything."

"What happened with John Doe?"

"He isn't John Doe anymore."

"That doesn't really answer my question."

"He has his memory back and everything that came with it. It's all over with now."

"Emily there is something you are forgetting to tell me."

"I'm not forgetting anything.... Come on let's go meet this boyfriend of yours."

"Cut the crap Em..."

"Lex, I just don't want to talk about it anymore today."

"I'm here for you if you need to talk. I am always here for you."

            If I would have divulged any details to her right now she would want to know more and more. I didn't have the strength or the will power to deal with it tonight. I honestly wanted to jump in my car and go to that hospital. But I knew deep down it wasn't the right choice to make.

"Emily..." Lexie yells from the kitchen "Justin Timberlake is calling." Crap

"I will call him back."

            She returns into the bedroom where I still am, sitting in the same spot. "Isn't this the guy that you have been trying tooth and nail to get a hold of? What is wrong with you?"

"Lex, please I don't want to talk about it."

"There is something you are not telling me and I don't like that."

"I'm sorry" I start to tear up and my voice begins to shake. "I just can't deal with it right now."

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for the reviews. I love all your kind words! Keep them coming!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story