"Tracey, this...this... and this has to go to press now. And those four need to go after noon. The marketing for Jive records is due today as well. Make sure that gets overnight to them in New York."

            She stands there with her notebook in hand writing everything down. "Is that it?"

"One more thing..." I release from work mode.

"What's that?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything. For always being there for me and for actually doing your job. Just know that you may never advance in this place because I wouldn't want to lose you."

She smiles and turns to walk out of my office. "You're very welcome. Thank you for the opportunity."

            I open my email to find four new emails from Justin.

Em, I miss you.

Em, I want to hear you voice. I want to see your smile. I want to see your ass in those William Rast jeans again. I miss you.

Em, please call me.

Em, I am being discharged from the hospital today. Please meet me at my house. I will text you the address. I know you are stubborn and guarded but at some point you are going to give me a shot and I will be here waiting for you.

            He doesn't even really know me. How can he be so arrogant as to think that he really missed me that he really knew how guarded I was. He had no idea. Even if it was possible that he cared about me or wanted anything more than we had, he just separated from someone he has been with for nearly four years. What does that say about him? Would he push me to the side just as quick as he did her?

            I can hear Tracey explaining to someone where to go to get in my office. She is showing this person now. A delivery man carrying a huge bouquet of flowers is now entering my office. "Emily, these are for you, and Lexie is here to see you." Double crap. With a look of panic running across my face she enters my office and shuts the door.

"I think you have some explaining to do. And I'm not leaving until you talk."

"What are you talking about, Lex?

"John Doe. Who is he really?"

"I don't want to talk about this."

"Well I just read a statement that I think you should maybe clarify."

"Lex I didn't use your name when I released that statement. I knew that would be much more press than it needed to be."

"I am not talking about me or Robert."

            I drop my head; I really don't want talk about this with her. It makes the whole situation real. I was one of those people I spin stories about. I screwed up this time and got involved with someone I shouldn't have. I may not have known what I was getting myself into but I knew better. I knew that it could end up kicking me in the ass in the end.

"Emily." She isn't going anywhere. I guess I need to explain.

"Justin Timberlake is John Doe."

"And now?"

"He is Justin Timberlake. He has his memory back..."

"And?"

"I don't know what you want to hear. He is my client. He is recovering well."

"I want to know why a guy, who releases a statement to the entire world that he misses you, is being pushed away."

"He is a client." I shrug my shoulders and look back at my computer screen, just hoping she will get the hint to stop.

"Bullshit." She throws her arms up in the air.

"There is nothing else going on. It's all over and done with. History. Memories."

"You're running again."

"I am not running."

"Yes you are. The moment you got even remotely close to Chad, you accepted the position here and never looked back. Not to mention moving a couple hours north of where he is now."

"I took this job because it's what I have always wanted. It had nothing to do with Chad."

"Ok, well it just happened to work perfectly with your plan."

"Lex. Please. I just need..."

"No, listen Em. I understand you lost your mother. I understand why you can't let that go. I lost my mother at a young age. But at some point you have to let someone in again."

"Why? Why should I let someone in and have my heart crushed and my world fall apart when they decide to leave or heaven forbid they get taken from me as well." I am crying at this point. "I can't handle losing someone else. I just can't do it. I can't bury someone else close to me. It's easier for me to just not have anyone to lose. All I have is you in this world and I am okay with that."

"What if you lost me?"

"I know you would never walk away from me. Even with the choices I make. You're my family."

"I love you Emily, I love you more than my own family but it hurts everyday seeing you so unhappy. I worry about you every single day."

"I'm really okay Lexie. I have moments when I am sad or depressed, but everyone has that."

"So tell me why it's so difficult to let this guy in?"

"This guy? This guy is Justin Timberlake, Mr. Sexyback? Not to mention he is probably my biggest client. I ... I..."

"Are those from him?"

"I don't know. I haven't gotten to read the card yet. Lilies are my favorite flower though. I don't know who would know that." I open the card and the tears continue to roll down my face.

"What does it say? Who are they from?" I hand her the card and she reads it out loud.

Emily

            I miss the warmth of your smile. I miss the sound of your laugh. I miss your scent. I miss everything about you. I will be here waiting every day until forever if I have to. Take a leap of faith on me. If it's the one time in your life that you do it, please make it with me.

                                                                                                                                    Justin

            I am literally pounding my head on the desk now. I know that I am a stubborn person. I know that I never let anyone in, especially not guys but a small, very small part of me wanted to take a chance with him. At the end of the day he was as client, and he was ‘Justin Timberlake' I know how he works. I know that he goes through woman every couple years because he can't settle down. I know more about that mans personal life than anyone should ever have to know.

            Being who I am today I know that he is going to hurt me, if it wasn't today it was going to be next month or next year. Is being happy for a year worth the pain in the end?

Chapter End Notes:
I'm attempting to finish up YNK. So depending on how that goes, it might be a couple days before any more updates, so I am going to get this one up and maybe one other if I get it edited correctly tonight.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story