Chapter 4

~*~3 weeks later~*~

“Okay, all your stuff is packed. Towel, script, I know how you like to take a shower at the gym before you come home so I packed deodorant and an extra set of clothes. I’ll be downtown with Joss, if you need anything extra let me know.” I mumbled and moved around stopping even now and then to make sure I had packed it all.

I looked at him while he played with his thumbs on the edge of the bed. I stopped, sat next to him. “What’s wrong?” I asked softly.

He sat for a minute longer before he answered me. “I just want you to go with me.” He whispered, I couldn’t help but sigh.

“Joe, listen. Steven, he’s not going to be happy to see me, I know it’s just some party but... you he-he doesn’t like me.” I stared at the floor, he didn’t say anything I looked at him and moved slowly to stand in front of him. He reached out and pulled me close to him, pulling my legs up on the side of his thighs. He laid his head on my breasts and inhaled my cool water mixed cucumber melon scent.

“I don’t know... it just feels like I’m missing something,” He whispered, I hugged his head and looked behind him. His lips tenderly kissed the top of my chest, grazing his tongue and lips up my neck.

He held me closer when he felt the shiver run through my body, I gasped slightly in his ear when he bit down softly on my neck under my ear. I chuckled when he fell back onto the bed; he managed to swing around so he was on top of me. I lay on the bed under him and stared up, his eyes bore into mine, and the gaze would have made me feel uncomfortable with Frank. With Joey it just seemed natural, he looked into my eyes and it was like he could see forever.

He pursed his lips. “Close your eyes.” He sat straight and shuffled around. “Come on… close your eyes.” I smiled; he looked more excited now then he had a minute ago.

I smiled and grabbed a pillow and covered my eyes. “Gotcha.” I laid there chuckling to myself. I could feel him move off the bed and then a drawer closed. “Joey… we don’t have time for the handcuffs right now. You know that takes us longer than the 30 minutes you have before you leave.” He was such a freak and that made me so happy. We could be so uninhibited with each other and not be afraid of the rejection to any idea.

“First off, if I wanted to play with the handcuffs, I would be able too. You’re not going to say no, are you?” He asked grabbing my nipple in his hand roughly, the jolt sent a tingle to the core of my body, and my breathing sped up as he waited for his answer. “Right?” He asked again, pinching my nipple tighter. I licked my lips and could feel a smile cross them.

“Right papi.” I answered in the tone he loved. He took my hands gently and pushed the pillow off my face, he sat on his knees next to me.

“Mari…” He said softly staring at my hands.

What is he doing…

“Yes Joey.” The words came out slowly, in the back of my head I could hear bells, but I wasn’t sure why.

He didn’t say anything while he looked at me; the gaze was powerful, yet scary. He looked so determined; in a flash I felt the cool quick motion on my left hand… on my ring finger. I tensed up, but didn’t break his gaze.

“I need you to marry me, I don’t want to live without you and I’m afraid that if I leave without you there’s a chance you might not be here when I get back. I know what you’re going to say that you’re not going to leave, that you will be here. I get all that, but I still want you to be by my side always… I want you to be my wife.”

A lump stopped in the back of my throat, my eyes grew big and my hands clenched. The cool band around my finger shifted and moved with me. This was the first time I looked at it, just a glance. It was all I needed to start the water works, it was a simple band etched with flowers, and hearts and it looked to be music notes. On the top there was a big diamond, bigger then I had seen… ever. It sparkled even with no light, it felt heavy but it didn’t feel wrong.

“Be my wife.” The words came out so slow, the meaning so layered with love. He knew the answer I know he did; he just needed to hear me say it. “Be my wife.” He whispered in my ear while he kissed it. I swallowed the lump in my throat and smiled at him.

“I-I… we just… and-and- but I do- I…I…” The words were coming to fast and I could feel it drowning me. I shook my head yes.

“Oh yeah, I’m totally going to be late now.” He said throwing his body on top of mine and attacking my lips.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey