Chapter 5

“You don’t think it’s too soon?” Joss asked; she wouldn’t let up. She was excited, but I sensed she didn’t want to say something.

“What is on your mind Joss? You’re my maid-of-honor and your acting like a stick in the mud now what is it?” I huffed into the phone. I could hear the silence and knew she was debating on if she wanted to hurt my feelings or just get it out.

“Listen, I know you guys are in love. I get that, but so soon? You guys have just gotten back together less than a month ago. I’m just worried you’re rushing into this.” She held her breath.

I considered what she had said and thought my answer out carefully before I replied.

“He’s been gone for 6 years, when he’s around it’s like he never left. The holiday’s are coming up we’re going to tell his family, me and him, Joey, we’re sure about each other… and I think that this time it’s not a mistake. If Tony was here, I’d say yes… you’re right. It’s too soon, we just started again… yada yada yada, but with Tony gone I know I have to seize the moments in my life, it’s not rational, it’s not safe for the heart, but it just feels so right. It feels like we’ve been here forever. I need you to trust me. I love him and I love you and I want you to get on board.”

“Okay, well I’m meeting with a few caterers this week. I think we should go with a surf and turf kind of thing… damn, Marc’s home let me call you back tomorrow.” I chuckled quickly and said my good-bye’s.

I laid in bed the rain had slowed up, I threw the wedding magazine’s on the floor and turned to lay down. Joey would be calling me later he had told the guys and they had called him out on an impromptu bachelor party.

The dreamless sleep took over quickly…

 

I miss you Mari… I love you mami.” The words woke me slowly. It was like I could feel him touch me, his warm breath against my lips. The ciggerate smoke mixed with the cherry Jolly Rancher’s he loved so much. “You’re so beautiful…” The voice trickled past my ear while my body responded to the hands that roamed freely.

I sighed deeply when his hands reached between my legs, the warmth his body laid against me.

Tony…” It was so low; it was like the word barely came out.

Si mi amor…” I could feel myself pull out of the dream, and the warmth slipped away quickly, the hand vanished, I opened my eyes and it was all gone.

I could feel the tears well up slowly. I hated this dream, it’d he happening a lot move lately. Tony would come and hold me and invade my dreams, just for me to wake up alone. It ripped at my heart and I couldn’t take it anymore. I cried into the pillow freely.

“I thought you loved me… how could you torment me so much.”

BANG!

I stopped quickly, holding back everything. Seconds went by and nothing happened, I wiped the tears from my cheeks and slipped out of the bed slowly.

BANG!

I gasped, I heard that this time. I grabbed one of Joey’s long shirts and threw it over my underwear covered body. I grabbed the cell phone, but at some point the lights had gone out and there was no power.

I heard footsteps on the top landing and I ran into the closet and closed the door behind me. I started to hyperventilate; I held my forehead to my knees and prayed that I was just dreaming.

“FREEZE! GET YOUR HANDS UP!” I sat up quickly when I saw a man shining a light at me and I could quickly make out the tip of a gun.

“Oh my god!” I raised my hands, my eyes wide open.

“Get up!” He grabbed my hand forced me up.

“You don’t understand sir my fi-“ I couldn’t get it out anymore while I was surrounded by a group of men.

“SHUT IT! We’ve heard all about you. Is this her Mr. Fatone?” I gasped to myself. Mr. Fatone? I looked in the directions they were looking and saw Steven standing in the doorway.

“Yes officers; that’s her.” Heat filled my cheeks in an instant.

“WHAT DID YOU DO!?” I started to get up and was immediately met with an electrified feeling, I screamed while it surged through my body and then I blacked out.

“Ma’am, can you hear me?” I felt slapping against my cheek and coolness blowing against my uncovered legs.

I tried to move my hands and felt the cool steel around my wrists, I struggled with the surroundings, I wasn’t sure where I was and I felt really disoriented.

“Ma’am we’re transporting you to the hospital. You passed out after you were tasered, they want to ensure you’re all right before the booking process starts. Do you need us to call someone?” The EMT slipped the IV into my arm and then it hit.

“Joseph Fatone. He’s my fiancé.” I whispered my eyes scanned the crowd that was huddled around the front of the gate and saw that face again. I shook my head and looked into the ambulance I sat in, while the officer closed the doors in front of me.

Tony.

~*~The next day~*~

I sighed walking around the cell for the 30th time. The blue booties on my feet were slipping off, I had no pants on, I hadn’t eaten since I got into this god forsaken building. I just prayed that Joss got my message, no one answered and this collect call thing didn’t work for cell phones.

“Marisol Garcia!” I looked at the door while it opened. “You made bail.” I walked out of the holding cell and down the hall into the main lobby of the jail house I was in.

I walked into the lobby and saw tons of different people, I scanned the crowd to see one I knew, but none came into view. I made my way towards the exit, it was cold outside but I wanted to be out of the jail setting.

“MARI!” I heard a voice over the crowd and saw the familiar red tipped brown hair.

“JOEY!” I cried running into his arms. The tears started to flow as soon as he touched me. “Oh my god, Steven came into the house with the cops and- oh my god it was horrible. Thank you for bailing me out. I had no clothes, no money… what? Why are you looking at me like that?” I backed up away from him.

“Bailed you out? Mari, I just got here…” I shook my head it didn’t matter I just wanted to get out of here; I would thank whoever did it later.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey