Chapter 16

Three weeks later (April 22nd, 2007) - Mickie's Diner

Beyonce sat at a table sipping on a glass of pink lemonade while waiting on her date. Thirty minutes had passed and still no sign of him. "Oh boy." if she waited any longer, she probably would have died of hunger. Her cell phone had woke her out of her thoughts. She quickly grabbed the hot pink, motorola razr phone from out of her purse and flipped it open. "Hello?" she answered, placing the item to her ear. "I'm still at the diner. Well you told me to meet you here. What's going on? Where are you? It's been thirty min..." she trailed off when she noticed the individual entering the room. She disconnected the call, placing the phone back in her purse. "'Bout time." he smiled, leisurely placing a kiss on her lips.

"Sorry I'm late." he took a seat across from her.

"What took so long? You're never late." he held up a gift wrapped box. "Hmm, that would explain it."

"I got you something." she rolled her eyes mischievously.

"You're always getting me something." she reached out, accepting the item from him. "What is it this time? A bracelet? Necklace? Ear rings? Or better yet..."

"Just open it up." she finally removed the lid, coming face to face with a diamond ring. "It's your engagement ring. Sorry it took so long. The lady who hand craft it for me had went out of town for two weeks so...I had to wait till she got back." a smirk slowly formed across her lips.

"It's beautiful. And huge!"

"You deserve the best. Here..." she watched him grab her hand firmly, gradually sliding the ring on her ring finger.

"You know..." she shielded one side of her face with the palm of her hand to conceal her blushing. "This is too much. I..."

"I've been told that I'm too much. Women just can't handle all the love, if you know what I mean." he bragged.

"Oh...don't even..." she shook her head. "There's no need to get all big headed, okay?" he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right." he cleared his throat, never peeling his eyes off her. "So, you hungry? I bet you are." he gazed around for any available waitress or waiter. "Excuse me." he immediately got a waiter's attention.

"Yes. What can I do for you?"

"Um, I think we're ready to order now."
___________

8:12 pm (Later on)

A doorbell woke Justin out of his sleep. He sat up, gazing around the living room in questioning. The doorbell went off once more. "What the hell..." he stood up, making his way towards the front door. "Bee?" he peered out the peep hole, instantly recognizing the person. "What the..." he stepped back, gazing around for Beyonce who was nowhere in sight. "Um, just a moment!"  he straightened out his clothes, hesitantly unbarring the door. He then yanked it open, meeting up with his ex-girlfriend. Someone he hadn't seen in months. "Britney?" she stood there with a smile on her face. "Um, what are you doing here?" he gazed pass her shoulder for a sign of Beyonce's volk's wagon that was normally parked in the drive way, which now -- was gone.

"Hey." she never broke a smile. "I just wanted to stop by in person and tell you how..." her voice cracked from the tears taking over her. "I know how much she meant to you and...the baby." he flashed her a confused look.

"What are you talking about?"

"Aaliyah..." she sniffled, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I know how much you were looking forward to marrying her and having that baby."

"I..." he shook his head. "I really don't know what you're talking about. Aaliyah's been dead for five years now. Well almost and...you're just now showing up to give your condolences?"

"Justin?!" Beyonce shook him, waking him out of his sleep. "You okay?" he sat up, peering around the room -- never feeling so lost. He then met her gaze, his eyes filled with tears that were willing to pour any minute. "What's wrong?" she asked in concern.

"I...I think Aaliyah was pregnant when she died." her eyebrows raised interestingly.

"Okay and...why would you say that?" she rolled her eyes. "Why are we even talking about this again?"

"Because...I dunno. I just have this good feeling that she was." she laid back, gazing up at the ceiling.

"Well, I'm gonna try and get some sleep. I have a flight to catch in the morning." he returned a confused look.

"A flight? What?" she gawked to the side to stare at him. "You're flying where?"

"Did you forget I have a flight to Miami for a photo shoot. They wanna take pictures of my belly for the Expectant Parent's issue." he burned a hole into her, all of a sudden -- having flash backs of the weird dream he had. Maybe Aaliyah wasn't pregnant when she died. Maybe that dream was telling him of something that was going to happen in the future.

"You can't go on that plane." she held an hilarious look.

"What do you..."

"Bee, listen to me. I had...well I think something bad is going to happen if you go on that plane." she rolled her eyes pathetically.

"Justin, I dunno what's..."

"Jesus Christ! Just hear me out here, please." she slowly sat up, feeling nervous suddenly.

"What's going on? I mean, you're starting to act really weird."

"I had this vision that you...I mean, Aaliyah died from a plane crash and she was pregnant."

"Okay and so? What does that have to do with me?"

"The truth is, autopsy reports show that she wasn't pregnant when she died. But, you are and you're planning to fly to Miami. What does that tell you?" she shook her head, a soft chuckle escaping her lips.

"Okay now, I think you're talking crazy." she stepped out of bed, proceeding towards the bedroom door.

"Bee?" he shot up, quickly grabbing a hold to her arm. "Listen to me!" he snapped.

"No!" she shouted, forcefully yanking her arm away. "Don't..." she backed away, her heart nearly jumping out of her chest. "Stay away from me, please." she departed the room, rushing down the hall in tears.

"Fuck!" he slammed his fist on the door in fury. "I knew I shouldn't have..." he exited the room, quickly following her down the hall. "Something told me not to fall for you. I knew this was gonna happen! I knew it! I can never be happy. Not even once!"

"What the fuck do you expect?! You're claiming that you can foresee the future and you expect me to be all cool about it? How would you feel if you just found out you're gonna die in a plane crash? I dunno." she shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe it's just not meant for you to be happy!" she cried. "I dunno. Maybe it's not meant for me...to be happy."

"Bee..." he took a step towards her.

"Just leave me alone." she turned, proceeding down the hall -- slowly disappearing in the dark. From this point in time, he had no idea what to do. He knew for sure, he had to stop her from going on that plane. He couldn't bare the thought of losing another love of his life.

stories/1486/images/sb1.gif



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story