Chapter 4

Meanwhile - 1:03 a.m.

"Here it is." Justin stepped aside, allowing Beyonce to enter his two-story mansion. "Watch your step. There's a step ahead."

"Okay." she ambled further in the house, hearing the door close behind her. "This is really nice." he followed behind her.

"Thank you. I bought it last year for a couple mil." she looked over her shoulder, flashing him a smile. "I know it's a bit late and all, but um...I was wondering if you were interested in trying one of my banana splits."

"Mmm. I am kinda hungry."

"Cool. Well follow me." they both headed towards the kitchen a few feet away from them. "I've been told that I make the best banana split." he held the door open for her. "Have a seat anywhere." he quickly grabbed a few items out of the cabinet and most of all, the bananas sitting in a fruit dish on the counter. "How do you like yours? Sweet or..."

"Sweet. With a lot of chocolate on top and a cherry."

"That's exactly how I like mine. But I also like to add some of those Nilla wafers." he spoke, slicing up a banana. "It adds a more richer taste."

"You sound like a chef on a TV show. Ahaha." he laughed in response.

"I'm sure I do." after watching him prepare them a banana split, he slid the bowl in front of her. "Dig up." she gazed at the delicious dish, licking her lips afterwards.

"This looks really delicious. Let's just hope it's as good as it looks." he chuckled, handing her a spoon. She accepted it, finally scooping up a portion and stuffing it in her mouth. For some reason, she was a little impressed. It tasted exceptionally good. "Wow." she nodded. "Very delightful." a massive smile slowly formed across his lips.

"I told ya'. When I say something is good, I'm not just saying it to impress you." he sat in front of her, intertwining his fingers together. "Truthfully,  I only make my banana split for certain people."

"Like?" she asked, stuffing another portion in her mouth.

"Like, um...my mom, grandma Sadie which by the way makes the best peach cobbler. You have to try it. The best in the universe." he bragged.

"You know I have to ask. If you made this for me and we hardly know each other, if you know what I mean. You had to make this delicious split for Aaliyah, right?" he nodded.

"Yes. You're right." there was a moment of silence between them. "At the club, when we kissed..." he began.

"I know. I shouldn't have done what I did. It was all my fault."

"Well uh, maybe if you waited till I said what I had to say, I'm sure you wouldn't have just said that." she peered in his eyes as she waited for him to continue. "When I got that call concerning Aaliyah, I thought my world was over. And I felt even worse when I saw her laying in that casket. I just..." he shook his head. "I didn't know what to think. I thought we were gonna be together forever. I couldn't eat or sleep for days. It was actually starting to interfere with my work. But um, any way...four years had passed and I was still feeling lost like I had no one. She was the other half of me and I just couldn't see myself being with someone else. No matter how beautiful the women looked, I just couldn't pull myself together to make the move. I thought it would make me look like a fraud or something." he chuckled. "I dunno. Any way, one night it had hit me. I asked myself...I said, what am I doing? Am I gonna live the rest of my life sitting around moping over my dead girlfriend? Or am I gonna still have that happy family like I always dreamt of? I don't wanna live like this anymore. I don't wanna die a miserable old man."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that I wanna be happy again. I just don't know where to start. And not just that. I don't wanna get hurt again."

"I think...that you should just put down your guard and take a chance. You will never know what will happen if you don't." he bit his lip, taking in all of her words. "That's just how I see it. Some things you just can't control. What happened to her may have opened up another door for you. Everything happens for a reason. That's what my mom used to always tell me." she added with a chuckle. "I hate to say it but she was right. God never does anything you can't handle." he nodded.

"You're right. That's something I recently noticed." she finished off her dessert, moaning in satisfaction.

"That hit the spot. Thank you."

"No problem." he grabbed the empty bowl, sitting it in the sink. "Maybe we can do..." he turned around, startled by her close appearance. "...this again."  he moved in closer, never peeling her eyes off him.

"You're a really nice guy." he surveyed her closely, a little distracted by her beautiful looks.

"Thank you."

"Maybe a little too nice for me. But..." she bit her lip interestingly. "...I'm always up for new things. That's if you're interested."

"Um..." he looked away, a little lost with words. He wasn't sure if she was hitting on him or just interested in one thing. "I have to ask." he met eyes with hers. "What were your intentions when you agreed to come home with me?" she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know. All I know, is that the moment we kissed...I felt completely different about you."

"And how? Like how I explained earlier at the club?" she nodded.

"I think." his head was spinning with thoughts. He didn't think she wanted something serious with him.

"Beyonce I...I think you're a really amazing woman. You're everything I want in a woman as well, BUT I just don't think you're ready for what I'm looking for."

"And what might that be?" she asked, resting her hand on her hip.

"A commitment...maybe." she held her head down, deep in thought. "The night before Aaliyah died, I asked her to marry me." she quickly looked up to stare at him. "And this was four years ago. Right now, at this point in time...we probably would've had a child and I know we would've been married. And that's what I still want. I haven't changed my mind about it."

"Okay. I also want a family and I want to be married someday." he sent her a serious look. "And it maybe with you. Only time will tell."

"Are you sure this is what you want? I mean, if you haven't realized...I am white. And you know how the media likes to turn things upside down. Especially with an interracial couple. I just need to know if you can handle it. I don't wanna come home one day and get dumped because...you're stressed over the fact that the..."

"Hey." she shook her head. "I can handle whatever you throw at me. Just to let you know. And no, I will never break up with you over something the media has done. Never. It has to take more than that." he smiled warmly. "I just wanna make you happy. That's all." she paused. "As long as you're willing to return the favor."

"Of coarse. Without a doubt." she smiled, slowly leaning in for a kiss. He parted lips, grazing her bottom lip with the tip of his thumb. "Maybe I should walk you to your car." he suggested.

"Now? I mean, it's only one-thirty...in the morning. I might as well sleep over. I can leave in the morning."

"Aight um...you can sleep in one of the guest rooms."

"Or...I can simply sleep with you." he looked away, a soft chuckle escaping his lips.

"What do you want? You know if we sleep in the same bed, we're gonna end up doing something and that's not my intention. Not now. I mean, we've only been on one date. I think we should try and move slow."

"Okay." she nodded. "I perfectly understand." he smirked, noticing her actions towards his decision.

"As much as I wanna take that offer, I can't. The last time I had sex was years ago and..." he shrugged his shoulders. "I want it to be with someone special. NOT saying that you aren't. I just..."

"I know what you mean."

"Good. So um...why don't I take you to the room." he brushed pass her, ambling out of the kitchen. "I haven't had company in a while."

"You just locked yourself up from the world." they continued up the stairs. "It's really sad." he pulled the door open for her, allowing her to enter the room. "Wow." she twirled around, gazing at the room in awe. "Beautiful. Who decorated it?"

"My mom had her input about it. And I chose this room for you because it's more elegant then the others."

"Thank you." she stood by the bed, leisurely removing her coat -- dropping it to the floor. "I really appreciate you letting me stay here. Just for the night."

"Ahem." he cleared his throat. "No problem. Anytime." he leaned against the door, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I guess I should let you get your rest."

"No goodnight kiss or hug? Something."

"Haha um...I'm sorry." he walked up to her, gradually stopping in front of her. He slowly leaned in, pecking her on the lips. "Goodnight." he pulled back to stare in her eyes. "Try to get some sleep."

"I will." she grabbed his wrist, holding him back. "Wait." she locked lips with his once more, kissing him deeply. She fell back on the bed, pulling him on top of her. "Mmm." she moaned, rubbing her leg against his. He wanted so badly to continue, but something was holding him back.

She reached in, grabbing a hold to his rock. "Bee..." he grasped her hand, pushing it away. "I better go."

"What are you afraid of?" he gulped down, refusing to let emotions get to him.

"I..." he hesitated. "I want you. I want you so bad but, when we kiss, the only person I see is Aaliyah." he confessed. "I'm sorry." he climbed off her, standing to his feet.

"Will you ever get over her? Ever?!" she raised her voice.

"No. I will never get over her. But I am willing to put her behind and move on with my life. She will always be a part of me. No matter what." she rolled her eyes, shaking her head pathetically.

"All right, fine. I get the picture." she laid back, covering herself with the blanket. He stood there, a little taken back on her actions. First, she was so understanding, then the next -- a totally different  person.

"You know what? If you're gonna act like a bitch, you can just leave. I don't have time for this."

"If you want me to leave, just say it." she stepped out of bed. "God knows, I don't need to be fighting with you early in the morning." he stood there, watching her collect her things. "See you around."

"Now I see why I fell in love with Aaliyah. She wasn't like you. She would never be caught trying to turn a guy on. Especially a guy she hardly knew." she slowly looked over her shoulder to stare at him. "I don't understand why it's so hard to find someone like her. Someone who wants me for me and not just for sex and their pleasure." she immediately felt bad for the way she behaved. She even found herself out of words.

"I'm...I'm sorry. But you have to realize, no one is Aaliyah. That's why it's so hard to find someone like her, because everyone is their own person. I know how much you miss her and I know how much you loved her. I can tell you now, that you're gonna have a hard time with women because all you can think about is her. You said you wanted to move on, well move on. Stop thinking about her. I know it may sound harsh, but this is life. Aaliyah is gone. You can't bring her back." he held his head down, on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry you had to go through this. All I can do is wish you the best of luck. I'm sure there's someone out there for you. Someone who will make you feel like she did." she hesitantly moved in, wrapping her arms around him. "Everything's gonna be okay." he rested his head on her shoulder. "Have faith and believe." he sniffled, letting his emotions out. "It's okay."

"I'm sorry." he cried. "I must look like a big wuss to you."

"No." she pulled away, wiping the tears from his eyes. "I think it's cute when a man cries. Only depending on the situation. You're crying over a loved one. Not because someone kicked your ass." she joked. "Ahaha. That's the difference."

"Ahem." he cleared the lump in his throat. "Stay. Don't go. I could really use your company." she smiled warmly.

"I was hoping you'd say that."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story