Author's Chapter Notes:
kinda quick and talky. enjoy!

Go ahead and say it. Seriously……. I won’t put up any type of argument, cause you’re a thousand percent right.

I belong in some sort of institution just as much as the rest of them.

I could have very easily gotten away last night. I could have gone to the police, had Justin arrested and gone back to my life.

But oh no. My stupid ass just had to go and develop some pity. I think I’m getting soft in my old age and I don’t like it one bit.

I just couldn’t help it. I mean, Harold stood up and pretty much humiliated his youngest son in front of a huge room of people. Who wouldn’t feel bad after seeing something like that?

And honestly, if that’s the kind of shit Justin’s been dealing with his whole life, it’s not all that hard to see why the dude snapped.

Besides, the wedding is later this afternoon and the deal is that he’ll let me go once this is done and over with. So, I guess a few more hours as a hostage won’t kill me.

See… contrary to popular belief, I can be nice. Sometimes.

“How do you know she won’t do it? She seems like a nice girl…”

“Because Chris, she just… won’t. You can’t come out of nowhere and ask people to do shit like that!”

I can clearly hear Justin and his sister arguing in the hallway, and I have a bad, bad feeling I’m somehow involved.

“I’m desperate, ok? And I don’t know anybody else who’s the same size! I’m asking her, whether you like it or not.”

“Fine, but when she laughs and tells you to fuck off, just remember… I warned you.”

The door opens a second later and they enter the room, both of them wearing what can only be described as anxious, awkward smiles.

Why is it that anytime someone is about to ask you to do something they know damn well you won’t want to do, they smile and act like it’s the greatest idea ever?

People are assholes.

“Morning Ellie.” Christy smiles as she plops down on the bed beside me.

Normally, I wouldn’t hesitate to crack some type of medusa joke, thanks to all the shit she’s got in her hair, but I think I’ll keep it to myself for the moment.

“Morning.” I eye her skeptically, not missing the shit eating grin plastered on Justin’s face. “So, uhh… you guys need something?”

“I don’t need a damn thing. I am not involved in this, what so ever.”

“Can you shut up for five minutes? This is my day, you little jerk. You’re supposed to be nice to me damnit!”

Alright… apparently, rule of the day is, don’t fuck with the bride. Noted.

“Anyway… Ellie..” She turns back to me, her voice taking on a sickeningly sweet tone. “I have a huge, huge favor to ask you. And you can say no. I just… I really need your help.”

If she’s suddenly got cold feet and is looking for a quick escape, I am so obviously the wrong person to ask.

After all, I’m the dipshit who tried to climb out of the bathroom window, rather than walk out the front door. But, we’re not going to talk about that.

“Umm… ok…”

“One of the bridesmaids fell and broke her ankle while getting out of the shower this morning. Why she didn’t put a towel down on a tile floor is beyond me, but that’s not the point.” She sighs and musters up the brightest smile I’ve ever seen. “You met Amy at the rehearsal dinner last night, and you saw how tiny she is. The problem is… the dress is already tailored to fit her, and I don’t know anyone else who’s that same size…. Except you.”

Seriously?

What the fuck have I ever done to deserve this?

I have yet to report Justin to the proper authorities. I haven’t told his parents what he did to me. I’ve cooperated for a good part of this whole fiasco. I thought surely that would rack up some good karma points.

“You really, really don’t want me in your wedding.” I mutter uncomfortably. “I have like, zero hand-eye coordination, and I am beyond clumsy. Something will get broken, or set on fire. Trust me. You don’t want me in your wedding.”

“Ellie, please? You have no idea how desperate I am here. I honest to god, am out of options here. Please?”

Great. Here come the waterworks. What the hell is with this family? Anytime one of them starts to cry, or appear upset, you immediately feel like the worlds biggest schmuck and will do absolutely anything to help them.

They’re just so fucking helpless looking.

“You can even walk down the aisle with Justin!”

“Umm… yay?” Really? How the fuck is that supposed to convince me to do this?

“Oh Ellie… thank you!” She cries and throws her arms around my neck in a quick hug, before she bounds out of the room.

I didn’t say yes, did I?

God damnit.

“So… you’re a bridesmaid.” Justin smirks. “That oughta be fun.”

“There is a special place in hell for you. I’m sure of it.” I roll my eyes and finally crawl out of bed. “So, what do I gotta do?”

“The other girls should be here soon. You’re all supposed to get ready together. We’ll head to the church around four. Ceremony’s at six. It’ll last til we’re all about a hundred fucking years old. Then we party.” He shrugs. “It’s pretty simple actually.”

“Spectacular.” I mutter as Justin heads out of the room, chuckling to himself.

I don’t know what I did to piss off the man upstairs, but I’ve got a feeling he’s having a wonderful time fucking with me.

 

***********************

“So, how did you and Justin meet?” An elderly woman whose name I’ve already forgotten smiles politely at me.

“He’s a regular at the club I dance in.” I shrug and down the rest of my drink, watching in amusement as the woman shoots me a disgusted look before scurrying away.

Yes, I’m being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole. It’s not right, but what do I care? I never have to see these people again.

I’m sure you’re just dying to hear all the glorious details of Christy and her oh so wonderful wedding, right?

Well, you’re not getting them. But, I will say this. There were dresses, and a priest, and a church decorated in entirely too many flowers.

There was also a ceremony that I may or may not have fallen asleep during. I still contend that I was praying. But that is neither here nor there.

It was your typical wedding. Plain and simple. I’m just ready to get all of this over with so I can get my ass back home and back to work.

Jesus Christ… I don’t even want to think about what a mess my office surely is. I’ll bet that fucking Kim’s burned down the building or something.

Ok, I need liquor, or I’m going to send myself into a massive panic attack worrying about work.

“Can I get another?”

The bartender eyes me carefully and shakes his head. “I think you’ve had enough. You can barely walk as is.”

“Did it occur to you that maybe I have a handicap and this is how I always walk?”

“Right.” He chuckles and rolls his eyes before focusing his attention on the man behind me.

“Please tell me you did not tell my Aunt Elsie that you’re a hooker.” Justin groans as he suddenly appears beside me.

“Is she the one in the funny hat?”

“No. She’s the one in the purple dress.”

“Ah… ok. I told funny hat lady that I’m a hooker. I told purple dress I’m a stripper. And… the guy with the bad toupee thinks I used to be a man.”

“Christ almighty Ellie! This is my family! You can’t say shit like that!” He squeaks.

“What else was I gonna do? I’m bored. Tell you what… you distract the bartender so I can get another drink, and I’ll play nice the rest of the night. Douche bag cut me off.”

“With good reason.” Justin mutters. “Can’t you just… got sit in a corner somewhere or something til it’s time to leave?”

“Nobody puts Ellie in the corner!” Trace shouts as he pushes his way through the crowd, smiling stupidly. “What’s goin on guys?”

“I need alcohol.”

“No. No, you do not.” Justin protests to no avail.

“I got you covered. Follow me.” Trace grins as he grabs me by the elbow and drags me through the crowd.

We stroll up to the bar, doing our best to look discreet. We’re more than likely not succeeding, but seeing as how I have no idea what the little man is up to, I don’t really care.

“Hey… bartender!” Trace shouts over the music, gesturing wildly to the man. “Some kids got a hold of a couple bottles of Jack. You might wanna confiscate them before the old folks find out.”

“Shit, seriously?”

“Yeah man. They’re in the stairwell.” Trace nods seriously. “I’d hate to see you lose your liquor license and your commission cause of some punk ass kids.”

“Yeah… yeah. Thanks man. Can you…”

“I’m all over this.” Trace grins as the bartender hauls ass toward the stairwell. “Make it snappy woman.”

I grab the first large, un-opened bottle I see and head for the corner furthest away from the bar.

Looks like I will be sitting in a corner until this shindig is over, after all.

 

**********************************

I’ve been sitting by myself for almost two hours and I’ve managed to polish off half a bottle of wine.

How is this shit not over yet?

“Oh! They’re making the toasts!”

I hear several ooh’s and ahh’s, and roll my eyes. I’m convinced that every member of the Timberlake clan is a raging imbecile. That’s the only explanation.

Several members of the wedding party stand up and speak, but it isn’t until Justin clears his throat that I start to pay attention. The best man passes him the mic, and he smiles widely at the crowd.

Oh brother. Who’s idea was it to let the perpetual bachelor make a fucking wedding speech? Just another reason for every person in this room to have their head examined I suppose.

“I’ll be quick, I swear.” He chuckles nervously. “Uhh… Ted, welcome to the family. Hope you got a therapist on speed dial. Chris… I am honestly, beyond happy for you. You’re my big sister, and seeing you like this means the world to me…”

Justin continues to ramble on, and I’m quickly finding myself bored out of my god damned mind. What happened to this shit being quick?

I rise from my seat, rolling my eyes when I wobble slightly. I grab the now half empty bottle of wine and amble up to Justin, ignoring the wedding guest’s curious stares.

I tap him on the shoulder and wait. Nothing.

Damnit, pay attention to me, you curly haired freak!

I tap him on the shoulder once more and frown when he keeps on yapping. I can’t take this anymore. The horrible 90’s dance music, Justin’s nasally ass voice, the formal wear… it’s slowly but surely pushing me to the very brink of insanity.

I’ve got to do something.

Before I have time to even think about my next move, I’m standing in front of Justin, prying the microphone from his hands.

He smiles awkwardly and tries to jerk it back, but I’m not giving up that easily. I manage to skip right out of his grasp and within seconds, the spotlight is on me.

“Hello wedding people.” I grin drunkenly, shielding my eyes from the almost blinding light. “My name is Ellie Morgan… or, temporary bridesmaid number four. Whichever you prefer. I’m technically not supposed to make a speech so, I won’t. Instead… I will tell you a story.” I take a long swig from the bottle and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand.

“Ellie!” Justin hisses my name through clenched teeth and I dismiss him with a wave.

People are listening to me for a change, I’m not about to let him ruin this for me.

“Everybody here thinks Justin’s a good guy… right? Show of hands, please.” I roll my eyes when only one hand shoots up in the air.

Maggie’s.

Why am I not surprised. Either these people really don’t like Justin, or I’m being ignored. I’m not entirely sure which.

“Well… he is a good guy. So good in fact, that he will do anything to impress you people. Personally, I don’t know why he’s so desperate for your approval. You all seem like morally depraved psychos to me.” I shrug, not missing the gasps that seem to echo around the room.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I’m starting to realize that downing half a bottle of wine was a terrible, terrible idea.

“God damnit Ellie… I am going to kill you!” Justin mutters as he once again tries to grab the mic away from me.

“Oh, now’s the time you choose to kill me? Wouldn’t the right time for that have been when you kidnapped me?”

In that instant, I am completely sober.

I swear to god… I wasn’t going to out him. I really, really wasn’t.

We both turn to the crowd in front of us, our expressions as horrified as the ones staring back at us.

Fuck.

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped kidnapperj