Author's Chapter Notes:
yeah i know, way short. but it's something, right?

 

 

 

Before I can really comprehend what’s happening, I’m being dragged down a hallway, toward the exits.

Welp, looks like he is going to murder me. In the back of my mind, I kind of expected it somehow. I mean, it’s not like he could just return me to my everyday life.

There’d be way too many questions.

Once we’re outside, he shoves me roughly against the building and suddenly, my entire life is flashing before my eyes.

My fifth birthday when my parents used trick candles on my cake.

Learning to ride a bike without training wheels, which resulted in five stitches in my chin.

Graduating high school, then college. Landing a job at the publishing company. My lunch dates with Curtis.

Every moment of my life is speeding through my mind and all I can do is stand here and wait.

I’m not even exactly sure what I’m waiting for. Death would be the logical answer, but something tells me Justin doesn’t have it in him to kill me.

I don’t think he ever really did.

He’s pacing wildly in front of me, his hands shoved in his pockets. I don’t know what the hell I’m supposed to do or say here.

I mean… I didn’t intentionally out him. It was an accident. He’s gotta know that, right?

He finally stops and turns to stare at me, nothing but disgust and pure hatred filling his eyes.

Well shit… maybe he is going to kill me.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?” He spit’s the words out and I can’t help but flinch.

Even after being kidnapped and drugged by this guy, I’ve never been more terrified of him than I am at this very moment.

“It was an accident Justin! I didn’t mean to… I’m sure they didn’t even believe it.”

“That’s not the fucking point! That’s my god damn family in there! This is my sister’s wedding! Are you so fucking selfish that you can’t even comprehend the importance of what’s going on here?”

He’s full on screaming at me now and a small part of me would love nothing more than to curl up in a ball and cry.

“You want to embarrass me? Ok, fine. But you just destroyed what’s supposed to be the most important fucking day in my sister’s life. Who the fuck does that? I mean, honestly… how shitty of a human being do you have to be to have so little compassion for other people?”

“Hold the damn phone for a second here.” I finally muster up the courage to come back at him.

I never said I wasn’t an asshole. I’m cynical, I’m crabby and quite frankly… a lot like a bitter old man. However, I’d like to think I’ve been perfectly reasonable through this whole mess.

I’ve done every fucking thing he’s asked me to. Hell, I even fucking came back when he finally cut me loose.

He kidnapped me. I’m not about to stand here and let him play the victim.

“Don’t you dare preach to me about compassion and whatever other good Samaritan bullshit you’ve got floating through that fucked up head of yours. Where was your compassion and understanding for me when you pulled me off the street and shoved me in the back of your fucking car, huh? Did you ever stop to think that I had a fucking life? That maybe, I had things I couldn’t walk away from? Don’t you fucking dare make me out as the bad guy here Justin.”

“I gave you a chance to get away. And you came back. You weren’t gonna be satisfied until you found a way to fuck everything up, were you? Yeah… I completely lost it. I broke the fucking law, I have no problem admitting that. But at the end of it, I wasn‘t out to hurt anybody, least of all you. But you… it’s like you don’t even have a fucking heart Ellie.” He laughs bitterly and shakes his head. “And you wonder why nobody came to look for you.”

I recoil as if he slapped me right in the face, and immediately, I can feel tears welling up in my eyes.

He’s right.

Nobody’s come to look for me.

Even after I called Curtis, nobody came. Maybe he’s right about me. Maybe I really am so fucking horrible, that the people in my life are actually thankful I’m gone.

He really could murder me and get away with it.

“You know what… just go. Go back to the police station, tell them what happened…or don’t. I don’t care anymore.” He shrugs helplessly. “Ellie… I’m sorry for what I did… I really, truly am. I don’t think you’ll ever understand how horrible I feel for what I did to you. But I wasn’t trying to hurt you or anybody else. If anything… I wanted to make everybody happy. I just went about it the wrong way. And I’m sorry.” Before I can utter a single word, he heads back inside the building, slamming the door behind him.

Call it sheer stupidity, or childishness, but I take off my shoes and throw them at the door with every ounce of force in my body.

They didn’t fucking fit anyway.

I roll the hem of my dress up to my ankles and start toward the police station again.

I don’t want to press charges, but what choice do I have? I don’t know where the hell I am, I don’t have any way home. Reporting him to the police is the only way I can get back to my life.

I walk down the road carefully, making sure to step over rocks, shards of glass and cigarette butts. Ok… maybe taking off those awful shoes wasn’t such a good idea after all.

I reach the police station and frown.

What if I just told them I’m lost and need a way home?

Yeah, that’d work if I was 10 years old. 26? Not so much.

Or… maybe they’d believe me if I said my car was broken down and…

No. They’d want to tow the car.

Looks like the truth is the only option I got here.

I climb the stairs slowly, running the words through my head as I go. How the hell do you tell someone you were kidnapped, but don’t really want anything bad to happen to your kidnapper?

Then again… maybe I do want him to get in trouble.

I mean, ok yeah… he apologized. But how much of an apology really counts when you’re also telling someone what a shitty person they are?

I pull the glass door open and smile awkwardly at the officer behind the desk. He eyes me curiously for several seconds, but beckons me forward with a nod.

“Can I help you miss?”

“Umm… well… I… uhh… yes.” I clear my throat and nod, attempting to convince myself that this is what needs to happen. “I’m… I… I’m here to report a kidnapping.”

A look of slight alarm appears on the man’s face and I now have his undivided attention. He grabs a sheet of paper and pen, ready to write down my every word.

“And what kidnapping would that be?”

“Mine.”

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped kidnapperj