This asshole is smart, I'll give him that much.     

I have yet to learn his first name. I mean, sure... I know the last name, but without the first, it won't do me a damn bit of good. Of course, if I could remember why that last name sounds so familiar, it might help my case a bit, but so far, I've got nothing.     

I also still have no idea where I am. He made damn sure that I wasn't going anywhere last night by keeping my blindfold on and leaving my hands and feet bound.    

And let me tell you, it ain't easy to sleep when you're tied up like that.    

When we set out on our little journey this morning, he made sure to keep me blinded until we reached the interstate, so I still haven't got a clue where I was kept overnight.     

We're still in New York, that much I'm sure of. And I can almost guarantee that someone has to be looking for me by now. If I could just get to my phone and send out one lousy text message, I could put a stop to all of this here and now. But, the crazy man is holding my purse hostage as well.    

I still can't wrap my head around any of this. I mean, out of the millions of women in New York City, why me? Is it because I'm short and looked like I wouldn't put up much of a fight? Because I was the first woman he found alone and defenseless?    

I'd be willing to bet that he had no idea what he was getting himself into when he picked me though.  If he knew just how mouthy and irritating I can be, he'd have waited for the next available target.    

So, my goal is to be as loud, obnoxious and annoying as humanly possible, and hope like hell that he'll get fed up and let me go.     

"So... when you're arrested, are you going to fight the charges, or just plead guilty? I hear if you fess up from the get go, the courts show some leniency."    

"I still have the gag, ya know."    

"True. But if you put it back on, I'll spend the rest of this trip kicking your seat."    

"You're tiny. I bet you'd fit in the trunk."    

"That wouldn't really help this whole 'I'm not crazy' defense you've got going. Oh! There you go! In court, you can plead not guilty by reason of insanity! That way, they can lock you away in a padded room where you belong!"    

"How do you still have vocal chords? Because I am honestly amazed that someone hasn't ripped them out yet."    

"There's a very simple way to shut me up. Pull over, untie me, and let me go. I'm sure you can pick up another girl somewhere down the road. Hell, you might even find one nutty enough to go along with this ridiculous shit."    

"Doubtful." He murmurs, keeping his eyes focused on the road.    

He's staying fairly calm, but I know I'm getting under his skin. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he's had enough and dumps me on the side of the road somewhere.    

Yep... any minute now.    

But, before I'm set free, I've gotta know one thing....    

"Why me?"    

"Why you what?"    

"Why me? Why not some other girl?"    

He sighs and shifts awkwardly in his seat. "Right before I ran into you, I'd just gotten off the phone with my mother, and I kinda lost it... had a breakdown of some sort, apparently. You were the first person I saw, and it just.. clicked, I guess."    

Oh that's wonderful. He sees me and his first thought is "gee, I think I'd like to kidnap her."    

I sincerely hope I don't have that effect on anyone else.     

We drive in silence for nearly an hour, before another thought comes to mind. I still don't know his first name.     

"So... you went through my bag, right?"    

"Yep."    

"Alright... so practically my entire life is in that thing, which means... you probably know more about me than you should. And I know nothing about you... I don't even know your name. And in my book, that's not fair."    

"I think that's typically the way this works. Crazed kidnapper knows everything about the victim. And, victim is left in the dark."    

"Ah... so now you admit that you are crazy. Way to contradict yourself sir."    

He heaves an irritated sigh and I can see him roll his eyes in the rearview mirror. "My name is Justin... I'm 26. I have an older brother, who is a huge fucking douche, an older sister, and a younger sister. I'm pretty sure my grandfather has Alzheimer's and my parents are...  amazing and annoying at the same time. I work for a graphic design company in the city.... that's about it."    

To his credit, he sounds like he'd be a fairly normal guy, but that is so obviously not the case here.     

Suddenly, Justin pulls the car onto the shoulder and climbs out.    

Oh. My. God. This is it! I'm being set free! Hallelujah!    

I begin to fidget in my seat as he walks around to the back passenger side of the car. I'm sure I look like the worlds biggest idiot, but I can barely contain my excitement. I knew the obnoxious angle was the key.    

He opens the door quickly and I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief. Honestly, I'm so grateful just to be out of this mess, I may not even press charges. I just hope I can figure out where the hell I am, so I can call and have someone come get my stranded ass.    

He leans over me and instead of pulling me out of the car, he ties the bandana around my eyes once again.    

No...no... no, god damnit!    

This isn't what's supposed to happen! He's should be letting me go, so I can get back home and get back to work!    

Oh jesus... work.    

With all of this nonsense, I completely forgot about work. I don't even want to think about the hell that has surely broken loose in my absence. I'll bet that damn Kim caved and let Letterman cancel on us.    

"Look... I get that you think your family drama is uber important, but I have a life and a job... please... I am begging you, just let me go. I swear, I won't even go to the cops."    

The only response I get is the slamming of the door.    

So, apparently acting like a shithead and begging weren't the proper ways to go. I don't know how, but I've gotta find a way out of this.

 

******************    

 

"What size do you wear?" The car comes to a halt and the engine is immediately shut off.     

I have no idea why that matters, but I'd like to think the answer is a tad obvious.    

"Small. Right." He chuckles softly. "Ok... sit tight and I'll be back."    

Yeah... like I can get out of here like this. Is this guy retarded?    

The driver side door opens and shuts and I'm left in total silence. I wonder if anyone would be able to hear me scream. As shitty as my luck's been over the last 24 hours, I seriously doubt it.    

The thing that really kills me is, he's doing all of this shit in broad daylight and it seems as though no one saw a damn thing. I don't get it. I really, really don't. I mean, usually there's some pretty stealth shit involved in something like this, but Justin's managed to fly completely under the radar.    

I guess when you get right down to it, it doesn't really matter. Because, as soon as we get wherever the hell we're going, I'm gonna out him. I'm telling every single person I see, what he's done. I guarantee they'll be horrified, disown him on the spot and call the police.    

That's exactly how this is going to end, and I can't wait to see him hauled away in cuffs, while I stand back and mock him.    

A long time passes before I hear the trunk squeak, followed by the sound of paper rustling around.         

What the hell is he doing now?    

It takes awhile, but the trunk finally slams shut and Justin climbs into the car.    

"I got you all the essentials.... clothes, shampoo, toothpaste, everything. Even got a suitcase to put it all in."    

"Well, yippy fucking skippy for you." I mutter angrily. "Sadly, I think you've just wasted a shit ton of money, because I won't be needing any of it. As soon as we get... wherever... I'm telling everyone just how fucking nuts you are and I'll be set free, while you go to jail."    

"Ellie... I'm going to ask you one last time... please, for the love of god, just do this. It's only a few days. Hell... I'll even pay you. Just... please?"    

The guy who refused to get a hooker wants to pay me? Isn't that ironic?    

But still... that doesn't change anything. He's crazy, and I will find a way out of this.    

"Well...when you put it like that..." I sigh loudly, doing my damnedest to look like I'm mulling it over. "No."

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped kidnapperj