The car comes to a halt and rather than climb out, Justin turns in his seat, yanking the blindfold down around my neck.     

I am getting really tired of this complete darkness to bright ass light shit. I guess the annoyance shows on my face, because Justin smiles apologetically and let's out a long sigh.    

"We're here."    

"Good. You gonna untie me so I can go in and tell your parents they raised a felon?"

"Ellie... please? Look, I know this... this is really, really fucked up and weird, and I know you think I'm some kind of mental case, but I swear... I'm a good guy. And believe me, I tried to come up with a thousand different ways to do this... I almost didn't even come. I just... for once, I don't want to be the disappointment. Some part of you has to understand that."    

"Your family shits on you, because you don't live up to their insane expectations. I understand, and I sympathize." I nod slowly. "But let's face facts here buster... you committed a crime. You're holding me hostage. You belong in the nut house. I mean shit, did you ever think of just asking me?"    

"Oh yeah... I'm sure that would have gone over really well."    

"Hey... ya never know."    

"Alright fine... Ellie... will you be my date to my sister's wedding?" He shoots me the biggest set of puppy dog eyes I've ever seen, and all I can do is roll my eyes.    

"I'm not gonna say yes now, you idiot!"    

"Fine." He replies through gritted teeth before hopping out of the car and coming around to my side. He unties my hands and feet quickly, muttering to himself through the whole process.    

I stretch for the first time in almost two days and shake my hands wildly, forcing the blood back into my numb fingertips. I climb out of the car slowly and my breath catches in my throat as my eyes focus on the house in front of me.    

It's not some crazy, overly huge mansion or anything, but it doesn't look modest by any means. I don't know who the hell these people are, but there's definitely some money involved.    

The outside of the large brick house is simple enough. Several flower pots hang from the awning of the porch, while small hedges line the walkway and front of the house. A bench swing is on the left side of the porch, a table and chairs on the right.    

Justin unloads the car as I take in my surroundings. Obviously,  there isn't anywhere near by to run to, otherwise he'd never have untied me.    

The yard stretches into the woods lining the property and I'm beginning to realize just how trapped I am. Completely isolated from the outside world.    

But, it doesn't matter. All I have to do is get in that house and tell someone what happened. Justin doesn't seem to think so, but I know that atleast one person in that house will believe me.    

He grabs the bags with one hand, my elbow with the other and pulls me up the walkway. Damn...he's got a grip.    

We enter the house, and pure chaos is the only way to describe the scene before us. Countless people are running in every direction, shouting orders as they pass each other. People barking into their cell phones about flower arrangements and vegetable platters. Music playing loudly from somewhere else in the house, the television blaring at full volume. Children screaming.    

Jesus Christ... Justin totally doesn't need to go to the nut house, because he already fucking lives here. No wonder he didn't want to come here alone.    

Almost makes me feel bad that all this attention will be on him in a matter of seconds. But... he kind of deserves it.    

"Hey! Hey you! In the white...you! Hey! Hey! I'm being held against my will here! Somebody help me!" I scream at the top of my lungs, but not a single person seems to hear me.    

A man, who appears to be in his mid 70's shuffles into the entryway and rolls his eyes.    

"You ain't the only one kid. I been telling people that for years and I'm still stuck in this shit hole. Ya may as well just shut the hell up. Nobody's gonna listen to ya anyway."    

"Hey Gramps." Justin smiles and shakes his head. "Ellie... this is Grandpa Ed.... Grandpa... this is Ellie, my girlfriend."    

"I'm not his girlfriend!" I shout defiantly, attempting to free my arm from his death grip.    

"I tell people I'm not his grandfather, but you see where that's gotten me." He mutters before shuffling into the kitchen.    

Great. His grandfather's a fucking lunatic as well. Is there anyone in this house who has just an ounce of respect for the law?     

"Justin? Sweetheart... is that you?" A kind of raspy, feminine voice floats down the hallway and its owner appears a moment later.     

She smiles warmly at Justin and moves to hug him, but stops suddenly when her eyes land on me.    

You know how sometimes you can just look at a person and immediately know that they'll be one of the nicest people you've ever had the pleasure of meeting? That's exactly how I feel looking at this woman.    

She just looks so... motherly, I guess is the right word. Deep laugh lines around her dark blue eyes, thick blonde hair that manages to look a little out of control and put together all at the same time, and quite possibly the most caring smile I think I've ever seen.    

She looks vaguely familiar, but I'm having a really, really hard time placing her.    

"Oh my god... Justin! You didn't say you were bringing someone!" The smile on her face widens and for reasons beyond me, tears are quickly forming in her eyes.    

"Umm... yeah. Kind of last minute decision." He chuckles awkwardly and shrugs. "Mom... this is Ellie."        

"Oh.. it's so good to meet you!" She cries, the tears flowing freely as she flings her arms around my neck.    

I've officially lost my damn mind, because I don't have the heart to tell this woman what her psychopathic son has done to me.    

"I'm Sarah." She grins as she steps back. "I'm so glad you're here. Make yourself at home sweetheart. Now, I've gotta get a few things done, but make sure you two get something to eat and we'll chat later." She smiles again, wiping the tears from her eyes. "And it's so good to have you home." She kisses Justin on the cheek before disappearing down the hallway again.    

"That's my mom." He sighs and looks down at me. "Thanks for not saying anything to her. Say whatever you want to anybody else...just... not her Ellie, please."     

I can clearly see the pleading and desperation in his eyes, and god damnit... I'm starting to feel a little bad for the psycho.    

Not good. Not good at all.    

Fine... I won't expose him for what he is to his mother. I'll grant him that one small favor, but I'm not about to let him know that.    

"We'll see." I give him a noncommittal shrug and look around. "So, are we gonna stand in the fucking doorway all day or what?"    

"Language, Ellie. There are children present." Justin scolds as he grabs our bags and heads for the staircase.    

I remember seeing several children running around when we walked in, but I kinda figured they'd just... go away, at some point. Ya know... go home with their rightful owners, kinda thing.    

"So... they stay here? Like... all the time?"    

"One of em." He nods slowly as we make our way to the second floor. "My sister Maggie is six."    

Lovely. It's like I'm trapped in my own personal hell.    

I've been kidnapped by a lunatic with an even crazier grandfather and overly emotional mother. And, the icing on the cake is that there'll be a six year old running around. Maybe I would have been better off if he'd just killed me in the beginning.    

It's been my experience that children, are the devil.    

They're loud and obnoxious. They spill things. They're selfish. They get up entirely too early, and let's be honest.... they smell a little funny.    

The last damn thing I need added to this circus is a fucking kid. And believe me, everything is ten times worse when children are involved.     

We stop at the top of the stairs and I'm quickly starting to feel like I'm in some type of hotel.     

The outside of the house didn't quite do it justice, because it's fucking huge, and so obviously decorated by a professional. There isn't a scrap of clutter anywhere in sight, and the only evidence that this is actually a home are the various family photos adorning the walls.    

My eyes finally land on what appears to be a recent photo of the whole gang, and when I spot the short, older man, it all finally clicks.    

"Oh...my... god!" I practically squeal, not missing the confused look Justin shoots my way. "Your dad is the weatherman for channel five! Your mom is the news lady!"     

"Umm... yeah... so?"    

"I LOVE them!" I giggle stupidly.     

I can't help it... I'm a total night owl, and almost always catch the evening news. Sarah and Harold Timberlake are virtually the golden couple of channel five. The whole damn city adores them.    

They both know their shit, which speaks volumes for Harold, because honestly... how many weathermen ever get it right? They banter on air, and they're the most adorable old people I've ever seen.     

And... ok, I just got giddy at the thought of meeting newscasters. Maybe I'm the crazy one here.    

"You know what's funny..." I muse as I follow Justin down the hallway, which seems to have a thousand doors on each side. "Your mother is probably going to have to run a story on her son, the kidnapper. That'll be one for the record books."    

"Well, well, well... looks like little Justy has finally brought home a woman." A tall, incredibly good looking man comes around the corner, beer in hand and smirks at us. "So... is she in on the cover up?"    

Oh sweet Jesus... this is it! Finally, someone who knows exactly what the hell is going on here.    

"As a matter of fact, I most certainly am not. I was on my way back from lunch when he-"    

"It's alright... we all know the secret." He chuckles and takes a long swig from his bottle. "We're kind of just waiting for him to come out of the closet. But hey... take your time little bro, I hear that's quite a... traumatizing experience. Have fun kids." He laughs again, slapping the back of Justin's head as he passes and jogs down the steps.     

Justin curses under his breath and rolls his eyes in annoyance. "That would be my dickhead brother, Brady. He's an asshole... ignore him."    

"I like him." I smile wickedly as Justin finally stops in front of the last door on the right and opens it slowly, pulling me in behind him. "Ok... back up a second psycho... I am so not staying in the same room as you."    

"Tough nuts." He shrugs, dumping the bags into the middle of the floor. "If I let you stay in a separate room, one... it's gonna raise some questions... two, it gives you entirely too much time alone, and if you're alone... well... that's just not good for me. You can have the bed, I'll sleep on the floor."    

"Fan-fucking-tastic." I mutter, yanking the bag he designated as mine off the floor and rummaging through it.     

Talk about shit luck, huh?    

First, I'm damn near ripped away from my life, only to find that my attacker has no desire to murder or maim me, like a normal kidnapper... oh no, he wants me to be his mock girlfriend. And then... when we finally reach civilization... I can't find a single person sane enough to listen to me!    

Thankfully, the knowledge that I haven't met the entire family yet, does give me some hope.     

Sadly, that hope is resting on a weatherman, a six year old and a bride to be.

 

 

       



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: kidnapped kidnapperj