Author's Chapter Notes:
I feel like I'm slacking off on this story a little bit. I have been sucked into Joe Doe.
 

            Olivia had opened her heart up and let a piece of Justin in without even knowing she could. She missed Austin and a part of her would always miss him but it was time. It was time to live a life. She had the career and now she had to let myself have the happiness and love in a relationship.

            Julia had falling so far in love that she even shocked herself. Love has never been a priority for her. She was always the here and now relationship kind of person.

            But the relationship that was hurting the most was the friendship that they shared. They were both hiding so much from each other; they were even hiding things from themselves.

 

Olivia

 

            If someone would have asked me a month ago if I was ready to love again I would have flat out said no without hesitation. But now... now everything has changed. Could I let him in my heart? Yes. I even want to. So when he asked me one simple question I answered simply with a "Yes."

"A part of me feels bad that today of all days we are having this conversation." He says.

"Maybe it's the way it was supposed to be. This was supposed to be the start of the rest of my life... it fits."

"Maybe... so was that your only issue today?" He rubs his hands gently over my face.

I start laughing because he was never going to believe the day I had. "I spent the day with your ex-girlfriend."

"My ex? Which one?"

"How many do you have that are label mates with?

"Oh... OH!! Please tell me it wasn't Britney."

"Bingo! And she was a completely selfish bitch and I told her that."

"You said that to her?"

"Damn right I did. She brought her kids onto set and was chasing them around the entire time. I had enough and just told her to remove them from set. She didn't like that and throw out a comment that she was ‘Britney Spears' and was going to do whatever she wanted. I shut down the set and everything."

"She wasn't like that when we first got together but after she got successful it all went right to her ego."

"Well I brought her down about twelve notches today because she wasn't going to speak to me like that."

 

Julia

 

            I arrive at my apartment early in the morning and Olivia is nowhere to be found. Where has she been spending her time the last month? Why won't she just tell me about this guy she is seeing? I hoped she would stop at the house before she went into the office, I really wanted to talk to her but it looks like it is close to 8:00am. There is no way she would go into the office late. I guess I would have to catch her tonight. She still didn't know about my new job. I wanted to scream it from the top of the tallest building, but I wanted her to know first. I had many options to tell her but I couldn't imagine telling her over the phone. However I wanted to tell her before the press got a hold of it. I start shooting next week.

            I had planned on meeting Trace for lunch then maybe I would just head over to Olivia's office. I had to tell her today about Trace and my new job. I had fallen so in love with Trace that I wanted to share everything with her. It was time.

The restaurant he chose was very quiet and filled with people in suits. This didn't seem like a place he would normally go but it was right near the William Rast offices so he didn't have to drive here. Trace had something to say, he was gliding his finger over the rim of his glass, "I just had the weirdest conversation with Justin." He sits with a confused look on his face, he was trying to figure it out. "He said the girl he is ‘hanging out' with, her fiancé died a little over a year ago, a brain aneurism... Isn't that what you said Olivia's fiancé died from? Do you think? You don't think they have been together right under our noses do you?

"I never thought about it... but maybe. Did you ask a name?" There was no way.

"Yes, but he said that..." a light bulb had been turned on and Trace had figured it out. "Oh my god it is Olivia. It has to be. He said he couldn't tell me because of her contract. He didn't want to screw up that part of her contract."

"What are you talking about?" I was still confused.

"Don't you remember the night she met someone at the bar, it was the night that she was celebrating her contract with Jive... Justin is on Jive's label... that was the same night Justin met someone..."

It finally clicks, "Holy shit. It all makes sense now."

"They ended up together anyways." Trace adds.

"I am so going to throw a fit with her. How random is it that we both end up with the other's best friend?"

"Don't be too hard on her, you haven't told her about us yet... well not all of it."

 

 

Olivia

 

            The office was a complete nightmare today. Marketing at Jive seems to think that the images for Britney were not going to work. I was not going to work with her again, so I told them to photo shop the hell out of them if they needed to.  I would sign out of my contract before I worked with her again. They decided that they would rather edit some of the images and make them work with their ideas than to lose me. There were some pretty amazing shots of her; it was just that she wouldn't work with anyone. Everything had to be done her way and it ended up not being what the marketing side of the album was hoping for. I had worked with eight clients since her and they had all been wonderful. She was just a bitch to work for. Thank god she didn't know about Justin. I can't even imagine what that day would have been like.

Jenny is paging me from her office, "Olivia, I have Julia Gray for you. I am sending her in now." Why is Julia here? Of course gone through what I have, I immediately think something is wrong. Something has happened and she is here to deliver the bad news. But she walks into the office with a smile on her face. But yet she closes the door behind her.

"Olivia Jacobs... I think you have some explaining to do." The grin that is across her face is a realization that she knows something but what was it?

I'm stunned. I had no clue what I had to explain. "What's wrong?"

"So..." She sits, crosses her legs and very snidely says, "Who is this guy you have been seeing?"

"What?" I didn't want anyone to know. Not even Julia.

"Don't even try to get out of this question. I already know." She says waving her pointer finger back and forth.

"Know what?"

"Maybe I should start with my news, it might make yours a little easier to say."

"..Ok..." I admit I'm a little scared. There was no way possible she knew about Justin.

"I have been seeing a guy that started out as nothing and has turned into someone much more. I have fallen in love with this man."

"You what?"

"I'm... in love with Trace Ayala."

My face is straight forward now. I knew that name. I knew that name was very close to Justin Timberlake.

"Are you piecing the pieces together now?"

"Kinda..."

"So is there something you need to tell me?"

"Nope."

"Olivia Jacobs. You are lying to me."

"I'm not. I have nothing I need to tell you."

"So you're not sleeping with Justin Timberlake?"

My head spins around the room, searching to make sure there is no one around to hear what I am about to say to her. "Why would you think that?"

"Because I know."

She knew. I could see it all over her face. "Julia... you can't say a word. This could crash and burn around me."

"I would never say anything. I can't believe you didn't trust me enough with that information."

"I didn't trust myself with that information. I didn't know what was going on. It seriously started as a booty call. We would meet every couple days."

"And now..."

"And now it is what it is."

"And what exactly is that."

"I honestly don't know. It went from sex and sex alone to dinners and sleep over's and movies and it just hasn't stopped."

"Do you care about him?"

"Yes."

"Then what's the problem?"

"I was good with it just being sex. I honestly thought that is what it would always be. I was good with that."

"Olivia do you realized that we are dating best friends and none of us knew about the other? That is crazy."

"I had no clue that you were seeing Justin's best friend... I guess I haven't really let myself see it neither. I have been consumed with work and randomly hooking up with Justin..."

She interrupts, "...and spending the night with him."

My face turns a shade of red. "Yes."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't have a clue."

            For the first time in my entire life, I had feelings for someone other than Austin.

 

 

Julia

 

            My leg has started to shake up and down with nervousness. I wasn't really nervous, I just was excited and didn't know how I was going to tell her this news.

"Julia is there something you want to tell me? You seem pretty nervous."

"Actually yes... a couple things."

"Spill it."

I sit nervously. I need to just get it out because she already knows that something is up.

"I have a new job."

"What? When?"

"I got a lead role in a new comedy series!"

"Wow, that's... major. I'm so excited for you!!"

"I start filming next week. It's going to be a lot of work and a lot of long hours but I am excited to take this next step."

"You seemed too nervous for that to be what you wanted to tell me."

"Well..."she begin

"Just tell me."

I begin to speak very fast, almost as if it was one big long word. "TraceandIaregoingtomoveintogether."

Her face was shocked, "...We just moved here."

"I know and I promise I will still pay my share of the rent. I don't want you to have to pay it all."

"You don't have to worry about that. I can handle the rent, don't even worry about that."

"We can find you a roommate. I don't want you to be alone in this apartment every night."

"Don't even worry about any of that. Everything is fine; I think it's great that you are moving in with him. This is a side of Julia I don't think I have ever seen."

"Maybe you could move in with Justin? I'm sure he has a nice big house he would be willing to share with you."

"I'm not ready to move in with Justin. I may never be at that point but I will be fine. It will give me some alone time."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Julia. Move in with Trace. I will be fine."

Chapter End Notes:
Bring on the reveiws.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story