‘Secret lovers. Who would have known that Justin Timberlake would have a thing for photographers. We thought he was strictly into actresses. But I guess he upgraded to someone who actually had some talent.'

 

Olivia

 

            Every headline on every magazine had my name attached to it, along with a photo of Justin getting breakfast that morning, then a shot of me leaving right behind him. There were pictures, everywhere. The pit in my stomach has grown so much that I can't even bare to sit still. That little twit ran right to the press. Justin and I have hid in my apartment for the last couple days and I couldn't do it anymore. I had to face the world. I had to go into the office today. I know that there is a chance they were going to pull me off of the Jive contract.

            Stepping out of my apartment after Justin had left wasn't such a good idea. He thought if he left first they would follow him. But they wanted the money shot. They wanted me leaving after him. I sucked it up and stepped out of that door. Swarms of paparazzi come out of nowhere, throwing out questions and random statements that meant nothing to me. I could care less what they thought.

            When I walked into the office where the air is so thick I could cut it with a butter knife. I really didn't think it was anyone's business who I saw outside of the office. I knew that I shouldn't have started something with a client, I knew that but it didn't affect my job what so ever.

Olivia,

            Please stop and see me sometime before lunch today. I will be out of the office this afternoon.

John

 

Shit. That scared me a lot. Now I was worried. Why did I make this choice? Why did I choose to see him again after I found out we were working together. I should have trusted my initial instinct.

 

Julia

 

Meetings are never ending. I had got a lot of offers in just the last couple weeks being on a hit television show. My biggest offer, Maxim, they wanted me to do a cover shoot. I was ecstatic. The only downfall was the photographer they lined up for the shoot was my best friend. Maxim wanted Olivia to do all the photos for this shoot but my management wanted nothing to do with it. They vetoed it the moment this drama with Justin started. It didn't make sense to me, you would think they would want the press to get a hold of it and sell more magazines. Get more viewers for the show. But they didn't want to be part of a scandal of any kind.

I had hoped that this would calm down and she would still be able to do the shoot but I finally gave into whatever they were saying. After all they knew what was good for my career, no me. Trace thinks that I should have stuck beside my best friend and let her do the shoot anyways. It was officially our first fight about anything.

I know that I caved in about the entire situation but I didn't have full control of my career. It wasn't my choice for most of the decisions anyways.

 

Olivia

 

"I hate to do this because I know that you are one of the best photographers this agency has seen in many years but Jive has pulled their contract. They seem to think that maybe the blowout with Britney Spears has to do with the fact that she is the ex-girlfriend of your current boyfriend."

"John, the situation with Britney had nothing to do with Justin. I can assure you of that."

"I believe you. It doesn't make a difference to me but they have the choice to make and they pulled it. Also Maxim has cancelled you as the photographer on Julia Gray's shoot. They said the actress wants someone with a well known name to help with getting the photos perfect."

I dropped my head. "This is all over some tabloid reports. Kind of extreme don't you think?"

"Olivia, I don't have a say in any of this."

"Julia Gray is my best friend and has been for a couple decades. I don't think she would cancel on me."

"I'm sorry but the decision came down to her, and Olivia cancelled you."

My face drops. "Is that all?" I felt like I was going to start to cry uncontrollably but I knew I couldn't do that in front of my boss.

"You are an amazing photographer. You have a vision that I have only seen in maybe, maybe four people my entire life. I will stand behind you in whatever you choose to do. Just remember this man is a very high profile man, they watch his every move. You either have to be in a relationship or not. Not gray area with him."

"So are you telling me that I can continue to date him?" Surprised, but glad.

"If he doesn't affect your job, I don't care who you date. Just remember there are going to be clients that think you can't do the job because of him."

"I understand. My work will prove them all wrong."

"Again I'm sorry about the Jive contract and about Julia."

My best friend had just blackballed me. The one person that claimed she would always stand by me, the one person that I was supposed to trust my entire world with. She had done this to me. I send a quick text to Justin and I finish my day of work.

Meet me @ 7 @ The Ivy

            If they wanted pictures, I was going to give them pictures.

 

 

Julia

 

            I felt bad that I had agreed to replace Olivia on this job but there was nothing I could do. I would have never even thought about replacing her. She was the one that had taken my photos for everything since the beginning. At the end of the day though I had to do what was right for my career. I hope that one day she can forgive me for making that decision.

            My career has to be my focal point right now. If I wanted to stay in this industry for a while it was what I have to do. My television show has really made it capable for me to live my dreams. This is what I wanted. I had the most amazing boyfriend in the world and I had a career that most only dream of.

 

 

Olivia

           

My blood was still boiling as I sat down at the table at the Ivy. I couldn't even put the events of the day together. I couldn't believe that any of it had happened. I see Justin walking through the front door and over to the table. Gosh, I was glad to see him. I stand to hug him and Justin asks, "You do realize we are in public right? This restaurant is swarming with paparazzi?'

"Did you know that your best friend's girlfriend fired me as her photographer today?" I say as I take a swig of the ice cold beer in my hand.

He sits with the same look on his face that I had just a couple hours earlier. "What? Why?"

"I have no idea and I'm way too pissed off to talk to her right now."

"So you wanted to see me?" he asked, trying to lighten the mood but it didn't work.

"You can leave as well. I could care less." I was fed up. I reached my hand up to get the waiter attention. I needed another beer.

"I'm just kidding. I'm glad you called me. Did you order yet?"

"No, I'm not really hungry."

"Then why exactly are we at a restaurant."

"I don't know." We both laugh.

"Eat. Then we can go back to my place and relax."

"I can't believe that this has all happened today."

"What else happened?"

"Jive fired me."

"WHAT?" he expressed loudly.

"They said that it was a conflict in interest with the clients."

"So, I'm the reason they fired you."

"They said that I blew up on Britney because I was with you and she was your ex."

"Do they think we are teenagers? We know how to differentiate between work and private life."

"I guess so. The only good things that came out of today, was my boss saying he doesn't care who I date. I just may need to prove myself to other clients."

"That's how this business works. I'm glad you're on Team Timberlake now..." He smiles.

"The fact that I'm sitting with you at the Ivy makes me very happy. I have safeguarded everything about our relationship from day one, and I'm done with that. If I want to go to the movies with you I'm going. If I want to have dinner with you, I am going. So now unfortunately you are stuck with me."

Chapter End Notes:

Endings. End of a secret relationship. End of a Contract. End of a friendship…

This is the last chapter I have wrote of this one and it will be a while before another update unless there becomes some major intrest in the next couple days.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story