Author's Chapter Notes:

it's all a rollercoaster...remember to review!

Kansas City, MO 

“Hello,” the gruff voice on the other end of the line answered after the third ring. A smile danced upon her face, hearing the voice that could only comfort her like her father’s had once done. 

“Hey Nino,” her voice softly reverted to her childhood years. 

“Ladybug! How are you?” the bass in his voice thumped in her ears, warming her insides out. Snuggling further into the corner of the plush couch of her hotel, she smiled. 

“I’m good, how are you doing?” she asked, nestling further into her sweats and turning off the television. This is exactly she needed after the day that she’d had. It was her fifth day on the tour, and in hell. They’d roll into Kansas City very early this morning, and everyone had gone straight back to bed. The drive from Texas had been long and exhausting for some, but for Ana, it’d been torturous. Sharing a tour bus with Mark, Ally, Tara, JC, and Lance had been no pleasant ride. Refusing to fight for her boyfriend’s attention, Ana had dedicated her time to catching up on emails and some writing. The only thing that comforted her was the hope that they’d only been visiting for a short time. 

“Just getting older, sweet pea, but I’m keeping busy with the Inn. Where are you, today? Are you touring?” his gentle, yet rough voice inquired. Guilt spread throughout Ana, knowing she hadn’t spoken to him in such a long time. 

“Oh, Nino, I’m sorry about not calling. I’m actually in Missouri, right now. Very close to you, and I want to come visit,” Ana apologized, knowing her daddy would be so upset with her for not being better about keeping in touch. 

“Joelle, you don’t have to ask to come visit me. Where are you? Do you have a show? I can go pick you up,” Ana smiled tenderly thinking of her godfather driving his red and white 1978 Chevy pick-up. 

“No, no, Nino, no show. I’m in Kansas City visiting some friends on tour. So, they have a show tonight,” she explained, tugging at her bottom lip, nerves setting in. Suddenly, she was nervous about telling him about JC. 

“Oh, alright then, well when did you want to come over? I’ll have Mary fix up some rooms,” he explained referring to the Inn’s longtime housekeeper. 

“The guys have the next couple of days off before heading to Denver, so maybe early tomorrow afternoon. Would that be alright?” she asked, knowing that the term ‘guys’ would not fall on deaf ears. 

“Guys? Joelle…who are these guys?” on the other end of the line, Arthur Shawpick sat up straighter in his recliner. After a long day of tending to his Inn and his animals, he’d enjoyed a warm dinner with his wife, Annette. Settling in for an evening of television, he’d muted the television set when the phone rang. 

“Well, Nino, there’s some guys that I’d like for you to meet. They’re really good friends of mine, and they’re in a singing group. I don’t know if you’ve heard of them, but they’re name is *NSYNC,” Ana began, her shoulder cradling the phone against her ear and her fingers twirling the hem of her sweatshirt. 

“They sound familiar,” Arthur brushed off, urging her to continue her explanation. 

“Well, they’re five guys, Nino. And, they really are the sweetest guys, and well, they’ve become my friends. I’m visiting them right now for a little while,” Ana went explaining. She continued telling him about each of the guys, giving him a little bit of background on each of the guys. Her godfather remained silent on his end, which caused her more nerves. 

“Will they all be staying, Ladybug?” Arthur asked, not giving any hints to his opinion of her traveling with five guys that he’d yet to meet. 

“Well, I’m not too sure, Nino. I haven’t spoken to them about going tomorrow, I had wanted to speak with you first. But, I’ll ask them tonight and let you know early tomorrow,” Ana reasoned before the conversation shifted topics. Ana updated Arthur on her sisters, and he updated her on his kids and the Inn. It’d been almost a year and a half since she’d last seen him, and she was truthfully regretting it. 

“Ok, Nino, well, I’ll give you a call early in the morning. I’m gonna get ready for the guys’ show in a little bit,” Ana wrapped up the conversation after catching sight of the time on her watch. She had roughly forty minutes before the show started, and she was in sweats. 

“Ok, Ladybug, take care and I’ll hear from you in the morning,” Arthur sent her his blessings before ending the call. Blowing the wind out of her cheeks, Ana let her head rest back. “Now let’s hope JC agrees to go…” she sighed, kicking off the couch and towards her bedroom. 

#### 

“Go to dinner with me?” she was bum-rushed as the show wrapped up, and the guys flew past her in a flurry of sweat and adrenaline. 

“Tonight?” she couldn’t help the wide smile that graced her face as he stood before her with a towel wrapped around his neck and his hair matted with sweat. He nodded, a smile tugging at his luscious lips. 

“Ok…” she whispered before pressing her lips quickly to his and watching him run off down the hallway. She stood there, side stage, with a goofy grin on her face, a twinkle in her eyes, and butterflies in her tummy. It’d been too long since she’d felt this happy. Finally, she was not invisible to him. 

Shaking her head, she began her journey down the corridor towards the exit. Mike would be waiting to lead her, Tara, Mark, Trace, and Ally to the car. Seeing Tara walking up ahead with Trace couldn’t put a damper on her spirit. It wasn’t his friends that bothered Ana; it was when JC completely ignored her for them that she felt hurt. 

Climbing into the SUV, she squeezed in next to Tara. Silently smiling at her, she relaxed into her seat. Alone time with JC was long overdue, and she was beyond excited. 

#### 

Rushing into the hotel room, Ana hurried to change her outfit. Without JC around, she didn’t know how much to dress up or dress down. So, she changed into a pair of dark wash jeans, a black off-the-shoulder lacy top that exposed a band of her toned stomach, and classic black sandals. She heard the suite door open before voices invade the quiet space. Finishing up her make-up, she sprayed a bit of water into her curls to revive them before turning off the bathroom light and walking out into the bedroom. 

“Hey, you ready?” JC asked, walking into the room. Coming up to her, his hands rest at her hips and his lips reach out to give her a peck. 

“Yeah, do you need to change? I didn’t know where we were going, but is this ok?” she questions, stepping back and letting him take a look at her outfit. 

“Yeah, and if I keep checking you out, then we’re not going anywhere,” he kidded, and chuckled as she smacked his arm. 

“Oh whatever, I’ll wait for you outside,” she laughs, grabbing her black clutch and walking out into the sitting area. Justin and Chris were sitting, flipping through the channels. 

“Ooh wee, Tiger, my heart is weak…” Justin dramatically clutched his chest and fell back onto the couch. Chris issued a flirtatious whistle, and Ana laughed. Kicking at Justin’s shin, he moved his legs out of the way and allowed for her to take a seat beside him. 

“Great show tonight,” she commented, crossing her legs. Justin shrugged in agreement, but Chris nibbled at his bottom lip. 

“Eh, I tripped too many times,” Chris stated, very disappointed. Ana reached her hand out and rubbed his knee, affectionately. 

“It wouldn’t be life if we didn’t mess up. As long as no one notices, you’re set. And I didn’t see you trip,” Ana reasoned, leaning back in her seat. 

“You probably too busy burning holes in the back of Tara’s head to notice anyways,” Justin smirked, knowing that Ana was ridden with jealousy. She wouldn’t openly admit it, and he worried. He worried that she would explode at the wrong moment, and things would escalate into something more. 

Ana’s only response was a click of her tongue and a shrug of her shoulders, before crossing her arms across her chest. Remembering the call with her godfather earlier, she turned excitedly to the guys. 

“I don’t know what you guys have planned for your off days, but I’m going to visit my godfather in Rocheport tomorrow. He has a little inn that he owns and some farmland in the town, so I’m gonna go spend some time with him. Y’all are more than welcomed to join me. Get away from the city for a bit,” she explained, and instantly Chris agreed. 

“Yeah, sure, that sounds great. I rather get out of the hotel for a little while,” Justin agreed, and offered to tell Lance and Joey as well. Before the conversation could go any further, JC stepped out of the room, freshly showered and dressed. 

“Come on, let’s go,” he summoned her, extending a warm hand to her. Taking hold of his hand, he helped her stand and led her to the door. Bidding the guys a good night, they stepped out into the hallway and instantly, Mike and Randy flanked them. Silently, the guards kept their distance on the superstar couple as they rode the elevator down to the lobby and walked out of the hotel into the July night. 

“Where are we going?” Ana asked, better grasping JC’s hand as they walked down the sidewalk of downtown Kansas City. Despite the height that her heels added, he still stood taller than her and so her golden eyes turned upwards to look at him. Smiling down, he pulled her close to his side and brought their joined hands up to his lips. 

“One of the local roadies suggested this Japanese place not too far from the hotel, so I thought we’d go there,” he replied, keeping their locked hands tucked into his chest. 

“Great show tonight,” she commented, bumping his shoulder lightly to get his attention. Whenever she complimented him in any way, he’d duck his head and smile, much like he did at that precise moment. With a smile on his face, he thanked her for the compliment before leaning down to kiss her lips. The familiar fluttering feeling returned to her stomach, a feeling all-too-natural whenever she was around him. It was something that she hadn’t felt recently with him, and she’d missed it. 

Hating to break the mood and run the chance of ruining the night before it ever began, she had to ask: “What are Mark and the girls doing?” 

“I’m not too sure,” JC shrugged, oblivious to the inner-battled she’d endured just to bring them up in conversation. Sometimes she didn’t know whether to feel angry or hurt by his oblivion. 

“Oh, alright,” she replied, dropping the subject. As long as they didn’t intrude on their night, she didn’t care to prove for more information. Arriving to the restaurant, JC pulled open the door that read Nara. Quickly, the hostess led them to a back corner booth in the casually, yet elegantly decorated restaurant. 

“I’ve missed this…” Ana sighed, happily sinking into her seat and taking an ice cube into her mouth. JC looked up from his miso soup with raised eyebrows, silently asking for clarification. “Enjoying a dinner with you, and only you.” 

“Well, yeah, it’s been a long time since we’ve been out. With you touring and across the globe, it gets difficult,” he explained before bringing another spoonful of soup to his lips. Her eyebrows raised in slight shock. He’d only used her schedule and her job as the reason for their time apart. Yet, she was the one joining his tour. And, he was the one spending more time with his friends than with her. 

“Yeah, I guess so,” she dismissed. She refused to ruin the night with a petty argument. Taking a spring roll from the plate in the center of the table, she happily bit the crunch wrap. Silently chewing, she felt her foot touch his leg as she crossed her legs beneath the table. 

“Oh yeah…” he quirked his eyebrow at her, and she merely shrugged. With a flirty smile, she blew him a kiss and continued chewing her spring roll. 

“Naughty, naughty…” he tisked with a smirk, reaching out his hand to grasp hers that lay atop the table. She shrugged and smiled, and held onto his hand. 

#### 

“Babygirl…babygirl…wake up,” his rough, sleep-laced voice broke through her reverie. Inhaling deeply, her body stretched out before curling against the warmth of his side. The rough pads of his fingertips ran down the length of her bare back, causing shivers to cover her skin. 

“Mornin’ baby,” she whispered against the smooth side of his neck, the day-growth of his facial hair rubbing against her forehead. Her hand snaked along his bare chest, stopping to caress the sprinkling of hair across his upper chest. 

“You set an alarm?” he questioned, drawing her nude body closer to his, and burrowing deeper under the covers. The cool air from the hotel room chilled their bodies in the early morning. 

“Yeah, I wanted to get some things done early,” her breath spanned across his neck from her face buried in the crook of it. Reaching his hand up to bury in her curls, he tugged at them gently to pull her away. Feeling his grip in her hair, Ana pulled away from his neck and opened her golden eyes. Meeting his turquoise eyes, she saw the mischief swimming in those pools of blue. 

“Starting with me,” he smirked, pushing her lips to his own. Capturing her lips between the cushion of his own, he not-so-gently massaged hers with kisses. Fiery kisses that awaken her senses from the stupor they’d been in only minutes prior. 

“Mhmm, you don’t have to ask,” she groaned against his lips as he rolled them over and his body settled naturally between her strong thighs. Vanishing into an abyss of passion, desire, craving, and eroticism, they explored one another with kisses, caresses, nibbles, and licks. 

Her breathy sighs and moans followed her desperate cries and whimpers as he caused her body and senses to soar. Her body writhed in pleasure, and her back arched to meet his movements. In a flurry of sighs, pushes and pulls, their bodies stiffened and their insides explodes simultaneously. 

“It’s been too long,” she sighed as JC’s body dropped atop hers, spent. Her arms tightened around his upper and lower back, holding on to every last minute of euphoria. The cool AC hardly doing anything to cool their now-heated bodies, so the sheets pooled at their feet. 

“We can stay here as long as we want too. I love having days off,” he mumbled against her collarbone before dropping one, two, three pecks onto it. 

“I talked to my godfather last night before the show,” Ana began, realizing that she’d never mentioned it to him the night before. She’d been so caught up with her date with him that it’d slipped her mind. 

“I’m lying naked on top of you, and you want to take about your godfather. Really?” he teased, raising his head to look at her face. She smirked before playfully shoving his shoulder. 

“Well, I told him that I’d go spend these days off with him and that there were some guys that I wanted him to meet. I told Justin and Chris about it last night, and they were going to tell Lance and Joey. I’d really like it if you came to meet him,” Ana explained, her words quickly spilling from her lips seeing the look on JC’s face. 

“Well, I’d love to go meet him too. But, Anita, mama, I told Mark and the girls that I’d spend these next two days with them. They’re flying out soon. I can meet up with you guys afterwards,” he suggested, and Ana felt her body tense up. Thankful that he’d rolled off of her as he talked, she began to sit up. 

“Oh…well, that’s alright. I mean, I understand. I know you won’t see them for a while,” she reasoned, sarcasm dripping from each word. The tour would take them to California in as little as two weeks; they could visit then. But, no, this just was not enough for JC. “I wish you would’ve told me earlier, and I could’ve tried to plan around that,” he went on to explain, disbelief showering Ana. She shook her head slightly, clearing her mind, before making the move to get out of bed. 

“I just hadn’t talked to him until yesterday, so I didn’t know before. But, don’t worry. Spend some time with them and have fun. I’m gonna jump in the shower then go talk to Mike about getting us a car,” Ana dismissively pecked his lips before rushing into the bathroom and closing the door behind her. Begging for strength, she tried and failed to keep her tears at bay. 

Once under the spray of the showerhead, she lost her battle. The salty tears raced down her face, mixing with the hot water that poured above her head. Giving into the sobs and shakes of her body, Ana leaned against tiled wall for support. Clenching her fists in a futile attempt to maintain grasp of her relationship, it seemed to be quickly flitting from her. 

Willing herself to find composure, she slowly went through her routine until she heard the bathroom door open up and JC announce himself. Rinsing quickly, she stepped out as he stepped in. She saw a hint of disappoint in his eyes, but she steeled her heart. Smiling apologetically to him, she closed the shower door behind him before wrapping her body in a towel. Opening the door to dispel the steam from the room, she washed her face and brushed her teeth. 

“I’ll probably be gone before you’re out, so I’ll see you in Denver,” she announced before exiting the bathroom with her makeup bag in tow. Slipping on some panties and a bra, she rummaged and pulled on her jeans and striped tank. 

“Will you guys be ready to head out in about an hour?” Ana walked out into the living room, and saw Justin and Chris lounging in their sweats. They looked up seeing her showered, dressed, and packed ready to go. She had a hurried look to her eyes, their interest peaked. 

“Um, yeah, I think so. Want me to go get Joey and Lance?” Justin offered, sitting up and turning off the television. 

“No, I’ll go. I need to go talk to Mike anyways,” Ana replied, slipping her makeup bag into her small duffle bag that she carried in her hands. 

“Want us to get with Jace once we’re ready?” Chris asked halfway to the other bedroom and Justin rounding the couch to follow him. Shaking her head and chuckling bitterly, she responded. 

“He’s not going. He’s got plans,” her words bitterly slicing through the air and freezing both men in mid-step. Looking back to her, she couldn’t find the courage to open her mouth. So, she simply shrugged and her lips pursed. They saw the sadness and hurt in her eyes, and the anger towards their friend accrued. 

“Just meet at the elevators in an hour,” she swallowed the knot in her throat before twisting on her heel and heading out the hotel. 

“He’s a fucking idiot,” Chris grumbled leading the way into the bedroom that they’d shared with the two queen beds. Justin didn’t respond, instead he focused on controlling himself before he bum-rushed JC’s bedroom and knocked some sense into him. 

#### 

“Rocheport? Population 204? Umm…Ana, should I be worried?” Chris gulped from the passenger seat beside her. She chuckled slightly, shaking her head at his antics. 

“Yeah, you should be worried of not getting mobbed for the next two days, short stud,” she quipped, reaching out her hand to tousle his hair. He grumbled something about the boondocks and hillbillies before Justin reached from the backseat and smacked him upside the head. 

“Guys, Welcome to Jiggs Inn,” Ana announced after about ten more minutes of driving. The guys craned their necks to look out the car’s windows to the old-fashioned building in front of them. Honking the horn twice, Ana parked the car and killed the engine. 

“Is that my Ladybug I see?” came the gruff voice from the front door. Rushing to his side, Ana sprinted across the front of the car and away from the guys. Launching her body into the much older man’s arms, he held her close, cradling the back of her head in his time weathered arms. 

“Wait til Annette sees you, she’s gonna fatten you up child,” he observed, pulling Ana away from his embrace and looking her up and down. 

“Oh Nino, you always know what to say to me,” she grinned, wrapping her arm around his waist and snuggling into his side as he wrapped her arm around her shoulders. 

“And you guys must be *NSYNC,” Arthur stated, stepping off the front porch with Ana at his side. 

“Nino, this is Justin, Joey, Lance, and Chris. Guys, this is my godfather, Arthur Shawpick,” Ana smiled introducing them. Arthur unwrapped his arm from her shoulders and extended a time-weathered hand to the gentlemen before him. 

“It’s nice to you meet you, sons. It is always nice to get to know the people around my Ladybug here. It settles this old man’s heart,” his heavy twang reached their ears, and caused them all to chuckle lightly. 

“Thank you for inviting us, sir, and for allowing us to stay here at the Inn,” Justin spoke up, the manners that his mother and grandparents had instilled in him. 

“Southern boy, right?” Arthur’s eyes squinted as he looked at the young man before him with a buzzed haircut. A smile spread over the boyish face before a nod followed. 

“Yes sir, Memphis, Tennessee,” he proudly stated, and Ana had to stifle her laughter seeing Justin’s body stand straight and his chest puff out. 

“I can tell, son. Where does the rest of the bunch come from?” Arthur questioned, shifting his eyes to the other three men. Ana kept a close eye on her godfather, knowing that he was going into his interrogation mode. 

“Clarion, Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburg.” 

“Brooklyn, New York” 

“Jackson, Mississippi.” 

“So, I got two Yankees and two Dixies protecting my Ladybug. I don’t know if I should be thankful or fearful,” Arthur’s gruff voice joked, and they all laughed. 

“I can take care of myself just fine, Nino,” Ana sighed, dramatically rolling her eyes and hugging Arthur. 

“Well, now, I just don’t know about that. You sure are poor looking,” a sweet, comforting voice stole their attention. Looking back towards the Inn’s entrance, the group saw an older woman, maybe in her 50s, in riding pants, a polo shirt and riding boots standing with her hands on her hips and a smile on her face. Despite whatever her age, she was youthful and healthy looking. 

“Annie, I am not poor looking,” Ana playfully argued, before a smile broke across her face. The woman at the top of the porch opened her arms in invitation, and Ana jogged the couple of steps to her embrace. 

“That’s my wife, Annette,” Arthur explained to the guys, seeing the confusion on their faces. They all nodded in understanding, laughing quietly as Annette pointed out Ana’s collarbones. 

“I could snap those puppies with my pinkie,” her heavy country accented exclaimed, and the guys laughed with gusto. Finally noticing their presence, Annette questioned Ana of their identity. Flying through the introductions, Annette invited everyone inside to get settled and eat some lunch. 

“Now, which one of these are you dating?” Annette whispered to Ana, as they watched Arthur lead the guys down the hallway to their rooms. Shaking her head, Ana smile softly. 

“He couldn’t make it out today,” Ana explained. 

“I thought they all had days off, ain’t that what Arthur told me?” Annette was confused, and Ana was embarrassed. She didn’t want to have to explain JC’s absence, but she also could never lie to Annette. Taking a deep breath, Ana abridged the story and a deep scowl set on Annette’s face. 

“I ain’t gonna tell you how to live your life, Ana. But, if you ask me, and I know you won’t, I think you need to have a serious talk with that boy. And, while you’re doing that, you make sure that you keep these boys around. Because I can tell they love you and you love them. Now, come on, help me in the kitchen. You’ve got to eat, child. Are you sick or something?” Annette sighed, waggling her finger across Ana’s neck, referencing her collarbones once more. 

“Annie…I’m not sick! And I ain’t poor looking!” she whined, tossing her head back, but obediently following the older woman into the kitchen. Annette simply laughed in response, and continued to the kitchen. 

#### 

With a bowl of Annette’s homemade peach ice cream in hand, Justin walked out to the back porch of the Inn on their second night. Walking down to the end of the porch, he settled into the wooden rocking chair. Extending his legs onto the porch rail, he settled back to watch the quiet night. 

They’d spent all day continuing their exploration of Rocheport before their departure tomorrow morning. Arthur and Annette had taken the past two days off from the Inn to take them around. They’d spent every minute outdoors – hiking the Katy Trail, visiting the local vineyards, horseback riding, and four-wheeling through the Inn’s many acres. 

This is what they’d all needed. The exhaustion of the tour was hardly noticeable when they were always on the go, so to stop and enjoy the small things had been refreshing. Like that very moment, all was quiet around him, the stars were actually visible, twinkling across the black sky, and the cool breeze wrapped itself around him. 

“Why so pensive?” her soft voice broke through his reverie, settling her body on the porch swing next to him. 

“Just enjoying this rare moment of silence. Once we hit Denver tomorrow, it is back to the grind,” he replied, taking a spoonful of ice cream to his lips.

“I told Annette I was taking the whole tub with me tomorrow.” 

“I don’t blame you. All her cooking is just the best,” Ana agreed, sighing and looking out to the dark fields that spread behind the inn. 

“Will Jace’s buds be gone by tomorrow?” he asked, hopeful to not upset her. He watched her bite her lips from the corner of his eye, and her shoulder shrug before she decided to reply. 

“I don’t know, but once we hit Denver, I’m leaving,” she revealed, and he remained silent. His eyebrows raised in surprised, but he didn’t want to comment on that. It was her choice, and he could honestly say that JC deserved this. Silently, he stood from his seat and gingerly sat beside her. She turned her head and looked at him with misty eyes, shrugging her shoulders once more, and her teeth feverishly nibbling on her bottom lip. His heart broke for her and his blood ran cold for JC. Wrapping his arm around her, he tucked her close to his side and chest. She curled up against him, and her fingers curled around his shirt. 

And they sat in silence, just like that. For how long? They wouldn’t know. 

But, Justin swore he felt warm moisture on his chest, and he knew that she’d shed tears. 

#### 

Denver, Colorado 

“Where are you going?” the voice from behind startled her. Jumping, she turned around with a hand to her heart. 

“Jesus, you scared me,” she breathed, willing her heart to slow down. Giving herself a second to regroup, she turned back around and continued folding her clothes from her duffle bag into the opened suitcase on the hotel bed. 

“I’m heading home,” she announced, ignoring the burning sensation that his gaze caused on the back of her head. 

“Home? I thought you were staying until we hit Atlanta next month,” the confusion in his voice almost made her laugh. He really was clueless. 

“Yeah, I thought the same. But, I need to go home. I’m stopping in Orlando first to get Tajo from your parents,” she replied, indifference lacing her voice. 

“Ana, you’ve only been here for a week. We haven’t spent any time together, except for dinner?” he argued, and she couldn’t stop the laughter that bubbled from her belly. “What’s so funny?” 

“I’ve been here for eight days, JC. Eight days, that’s 192 hours, and you’re right. We haven’t spent much time together, but that’s not my problem,” she coldly remarked, dropping a couple of pairs of shoes into the luggage. 

“What do you mean? Why are you acting this way?” he questioned, and she knew that he was growing agitated. When his voice evened out and his pronunciation was deliberate, hell was on the brink of release. She calmly shrugged her shoulder and ignored his questions. A thick blanket of silence enveloped the room, and the temperature seemed the spike. 

“Don’t ignore me, Ana,” he menaced, and his words broke her silence. 

“You must be the blindest man I’ve ever met. I’m ignoring you. Please, don’t make me laugh. I’ve been here for eight days. I’ve been here to join my boyfriend’s tour because we haven’t spent time together since April. But, my boyfriend decides to invite his friends and some hussy along for the ride. And, who’s ignoring who? I’m ignoring you,” she vehemently spoke, turning to face him. The fire in her eyes forced him to take a step back. 

“So, I can’t invite my friends to come visit me,” he accused, incredulously. She shook her head before opening her mouth once more. 

“It’s your tour. You can invite whomever you like. But, do not expect me to stay around one more day and watch that skank throw herself at my boyfriend,” she kept her voice calm, but hard. 

“Are you jealous?” JC stepped back, a smirk on his face. This fueled her rage, furthermore. Zipping her suitcase, she pulled it off the bed and walked it over to the door. 

“You’re goddamn right, I’m jealous. And I have every right to be when my boyfriend foams at the mouth and puddles in his pants every time that bitch breathes his way,” she spoke from the doorway. She opened the door to leave, but his next words paralyzed her. 

“Oh give me a fucking break, Ana. You act like you haven’t been throwing yourself at Justin since you got here,” he accused. 

“Fuck you, JC! You have stood there and let that bitch talk whatever way she pleased to me, and you’ve said nothing. I’m your girlfriend, for fuck’s sake! Justin AND the other guys have been nothing but nice to me, entertaining me as you parade that bitch around here. Or tell me, am I lying? Who did you go to the movies with last night? Dinner? Lunch? It sure as hell was not me,” she raged, her hand gripping tightly the handle to her suitcase.

"You weren't here," he argued.

“Because I was in Rocheport, with the guys and my godfather! And you should have been there! I should’ve introduced my boyfriend AND friends to the only father I have left” she argued, and her voice broke. Hearing it, she chastised herself for being weak. 

“Regardless, you never want to go with us,” he defended, anger running through his veins. He hadn’t cared about her statement, and the meaning behind it. 

“You’re right! Because I want to go with you. I want to be selfish and keep you to myself, all to myself!” she screamed, her patience fading away. She’d hoped to avoid having the entire hotel floor hear them, but he truly was blind. 

“Then we’ll go tonight. I’ll go cancel the bowling trip, and we’ll go out,” he tried to reason, willing to compromise with her in anyway. 

“See? You’ve made plans already and it’s only 9 in the fucking morning. I’ve gone to bed alone every night, and I’ve woken up alone every fucking morning. I don’t even know if you come to bed,” she yelled. Her face was red with anger; her eyebrows arched high, and the veins in her neck protruding. She chastised herself as she heard other hotel doors open behind her. This is what she’d hoped to avoid. 

“So now I’m fucking sleeping with her? Have you forgotten that we were together just days ago?” he challenged, and she smirked. She’d never accused him of that. He’d walked into it all by his lonesome. Whoever of the traveling party stood behind her gasped at his statement, and this only fueled her more. 

“All I know is that you haven’t been keeping my bed warm,” she spat, turning on her heel and walking out of the doorway. The door slammed shut before she heard it pulled open again. Slipping her shades on, she walked with a purpose. She needed to get to those elevator doors before she shed any tears. She saw the other guys standing in their doorways, questioning looks on their faces. She smiled, hoping to soothe their worries, and kept going. 

“Ana, don’t walk away from me,” JC pleaded, but spoke with authority. 

“I have a plane to catch, JC. And I am sure that you have things to get done and plans to take care of. I’ll see you soon. I love you,” she spoke, but never turned around to look at him. Reaching the elevator doors, she pushed the call button and turned to look at JC. He stood in their doorway, hands jammed in his jean’s pockets, lips set in a thin line, and eyes hard. 

The elevator arrived, and he didn’t flinch. Taking a deep breath, she stepped into the elevator and watched the doors close shut. 

“He didn’t move,” she spoke softly to the empty elevator, a lone tear punctuating her statement. Her manicured fingers wiped at the moisture on her face, and she lifted her head once the elevator doors opened. Stepping out, she was glad that she was sporting her sunglasses as the flash from cameras greeted her. There was a crowd of fans and reporters gathered to the right of the elevator. Seeing Mike waiting for her up ahead, she kept her eyes straight ahead. The clicking of her high-heel suede sandals against the marble floors echoed as her long legs carried her forward. 

“To the airport?” Mike asked once she was in earshot, and wordlessly, she nodded. He took the handle of her suitcase, and she adjusted her purse hanging from her shoulder. Taking a deep breath, she followed Mike out of the hotel and into the hot Denver weather. 

“No autographs? No pictures?” Mike asked as he opened the door to the SUV waiting out front for them. Looking back at the hotel, Ana contemplated it but chose not to. She wouldn’t feel right putting on a front for the guys’ fans. 

“No, not today,” she replied before ducking into the backseat, and pulling the door shut. 

En route to the airport, Ana knew that the fans would know something was wrong. Normally, she liked to stop to sign autographs and take pictures, but not today. Today, the fans would know something was wrong. She was sure that the serious expression on her face and her body language gave indications of her current mood. They’d all quieted down when she’d numbly walked passed them.  

She was angry, but moreso hurt at the moment. All she wanted to do was curl up with Tajo on the couch in her sweats and watch whatever was on the tv. Instead, the public awaited her, and she wore white shorts, a coral camisole, a taupe jacket, and matching heels. Heaven forbid the tabloids catch her looking anything but put together. But, she was heartbroken. And, dammit, she was not put together.

Chapter End Notes:
review! review! review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers interracial missionary girlontop love firsttime nsasync tour boyfriendjc celebritysync tourjc